Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441496 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
silentone:
Please can anyone who has tired any of the mentioned options educate us on how it works??
I particularly have interest in knowing how safe piggybank and farm crowdy is

There's a thread dedicated to such which I currently follow.

https://www.nairaland.com/5358517/digital-agriculture-investment-platforms-options/3#5358517.119

Farmcrowdy, agropartnership seems to be paying, but you still need to do your own research on them and like all investments, be wary of those offering mouthwatering returns. .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
alezzy13:

Which kin economic be this? They are complaining of oversubscription and yet yields still increasing?

Audio economy, las las the over subscription might be a story to make us accept lower rates. I do not trust any sector in this country even religion.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
silentone:
Please can anyone who has tired any of the mentioned options educate us on how it works??
I particularly have interest in knowing how safe piggybank and farm crowdy is

I have descent investment with Crowdyvest, +ve testimonies from colleagues cum genuine personal investigation informed my decision. I've had them on my radar for a while though. I was convinced with practical proof before investing with them. I also have sizable stake with Agrorite which has higher ROI and invariably higher risk.
But more importantly, there's a caveats emptor attached to the post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Barrytone:

10m can buy a full market in my village, choice is yours to make. When you make your choice dont come and generalize it.
I’m asking a question. Wanna know if 10m can’t buy a shop in ochanja. Don’t know what you are saying

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 24, 2019
chigo4u:

I’m asking a question. Wanna know if 10m can’t buy a shop in ochanja. Don’t know what you are saying

Sorry sir, na affidavit i dey use, comprehension failed me. Was thinking u said 10m can't get a shop.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:34am On Oct 24, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Can you give a clear example of such loopholes?

Why do we have more broke people in a failed country?

This your question sound more like someone who were born outside naija and hasnt step your foot into that country before.
Well let me give u small expo. A failed country is equal to broke people because in a failed country, the reach continues to get richer and the poor poorer. If the country is good, u wont see one man driving 10cars, owning 7 different buildings, marrying 4 wives at the same time, buying private jet up and down. Throwing money like money making machine, having 3 billion in his acct and under ground, moving around with armed security men, having 100 shops everywhere. The ration of a Richman to a poor man in naija is 20:100 the rich being 20 and the poor %100. Reason why the rich will never want things to get better because they benefit alot from the failed situation, reason while the rich wants to cripple the economy so that the poor will continue to worship their generation. In a failed country, poverty is the order of the day because very few rich peeps are the one controlling the economy like naija of today. If the system is good, there will be good road, infrastructure will be in place, steady light will be surplus, employment will be available and within reach, education will be of standard, medicals will be intact and overall, standard of living will be excellent. But the revise Is the case, if the road network is good, those making millions from it wont be rich again, if we have steady light, those importing generator will go hungry and those also eating from the blackout will go hungry. Etc. Am tired of typing.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Barrytone:

10m can buy a full market in my village, choice is yours to make. When you make your choice dont come and generalize it.

Imagine comparism ......ur village (200people) vs ochanja (onitsha the biggest market in west africa).

How did u graduate... grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2019
crowntoro:
I would like to invest in T-bills, Is it advisable I wait for primary market which is next week or I do for secondary market by going to the bank today? And please what's the rate for first Bank in the last primary market auction?
NOBODY RESPONDED TO THIS.. THIS ISN'T NICE AT ALL embarassed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2019
crowntoro:
NOBODY RESPONDED TO THIS.. THIS ISN'T NICE AT ALL embarassed

Nobody responded because it's obvious you didn't do even basic reading to understand the nuances in what you're about to put money into.

In addition, you're asking what is "advisable" regarding something that's highly situation-dependent. No one here knows the details of your situation such as how much you want to invest, how long you intend to invest for, what your purpose for investment is etc... all of which are factors in determining what is advisable.

You're about to part with your hard-earned cash. The least you can do is thoroughly read and understand what you're entering.

In any case, enter "secondary market" into the Nairaland search bar and choose the "Investment" section. You'll see a long series of posts regarding secondary market investment and its pros and cons relative to primary market.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2019
zamirikpo:

Imagine comparism ......ur village (200people) vs ochanja (onitsha the biggest market in west africa).

Bros i even tire how i take graduate, those in my village market are not begging for alms oooo

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2019
zamirikpo:

Whether na affidavit or graduate, the guy is making his money-1 billion gang.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 24, 2019
igbizen:

Av not seen my degree since after collecting it, and am not missing it. I think it should be in one of those boxes i have not opened in decades with the discharge cert. Man know thyself and go for what you want. My entire siblings are graduates so i never wanted to disappoint them hence i graduated, I knew my target and am focusly achieving it timely. Mind you, am not in ochanga, lagos or abuja, am that focused village boy. Can we please talk less of my degree as it never added a thing to my growth and never will. I compete with myself alone. Wishing my fellow investors a happy and prosperous new Tbills calendar year.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2019
Barrytone:

Sorry sir, na affidavit i dey use, comprehension failed me. Was thinking u said 10m can't get a shop.

zamirikpo:

You self. Person don already talk say na affidavit he dey use, you still dey ask how he take graduate. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2019
zamirikpo:

shop go for as high as 20m in Lagos island ,15m in sabo gari markets kano
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Denigma(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2019
What is the implication of this latest circular by CBN?

2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:59am On Oct 24, 2019
As bad as NIgeria is it still have good cash flow,I have grossed 120m ,p.a.t will be around 70m by end of year....pls look closely and search for a profitable venture start small and grow ...the income is from a 12 truck fleet ,Nigeria is a big market for almost everthing...just don't dump money in t.b and earn 12 ....use the t.b as a saving routes to start up an enterprise (if getting rich is your goal )....u can start small , then grow or quit....there several grants from the govt at 7 percent but it only when u have an enterprise that u benefit.... (They don't give cos u hold t.b )...if there devalution my asset will increase in value

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2019
koonbey:

Nobody responded because it's obvious you didn't do even basic reading to understand the nuances in what you're about to put money into.

In addition, you're asking what is "advisable" regarding something that's highly situation-dependent. No one here knows the details of your situation such as how much you want to invest, how long you intend to invest for, what your purpose for investment is etc... all of which are factors in determining what is advisable.

You're about to part with your hard-earned cash. The least you can do is thoroughly read and understand what you're entering.

In any case, enter "secondary market" into the Nairaland search bar and choose the "Investment" section. You'll see a long series of posts regarding secondary market investment and its pros and cons relative to primary market.
you need to know that for me to even mention Primary and Secondary rates then it means I have an idea of what I want to invest into. I only came here to seek for people's opinion and it's not that I'm going to swallow it hook, line and sinker. The decision that I'm going to make still lies with me..
I have seen people come here to ask 'how do I invest in the primary market?' and people have answered them with nice responses and not a harsh one like the one you provided here trying to sound like one intellect.
I think sometimes we need to do better as human beings.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2019
Denigma:
What is the implication of this latest circular by CBN?

Banks (like GTB) are advertising and begging customers to take loans at ridiculous rates based on CBN directives. Now a larger part of this loan ends up in TBills. You see it makes no sense?

The essence of loans I believe is to encourage new startups and improve business processes. Sadly, many of these banks like GTBank give loans at 1.75% rate only to Salary earners (with salary account). Question is, how can a salary earner do business or encourage startup?

This directive seems like a 'cold war' between CBN and Banks, each trying to play smart.

By denying individuals opportunities to invest in TBills, salary earners will avoid loans, those taking the loans will divert to real businesses and startups (like franchise, agrictechs, fintechs, etc.), and banks will be forced to consider entrepreneurs without a salary account.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 9:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Acidosis:

Banks (like GTB) are advertising and begging customers to take loans at ridiculous rates based on CBN directives. Now a larger part of this loan ends up in TBills. You see it makes no sense?

The essence of loans I believe is to encourage new startups and improve business processes. Sadly, many of these banks like GTBank give loans at 1.75% rate only to Salary earners (with salary account). Question is, how can a salary earner do business or encourage startup?

This directive seems like a 'cold war' between CBN and Banks, each trying to play smart.

By denying individuals opportunities to invest in TBills, salary earners will avoid loans, those taking the loans will divert to real businesses and startups (like franchise, agrictechs, fintechs, etc.), and banks will be forced to consider entrepreneurs without a salary account.

So those this mean that individuals cannot partake in TBills anymore? Cause I read somewhere that individuals who take loans cannot invest in TBills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
As bad as NIgeria is it still have good cash flow,I have grossed 120m ,p.a.t will be around 70m by end of year....pls look closely and search for a profitable venture start small and grow ...the income is from a 12 truck fleet ,Nigeria is a big market for almost everthing...just don't dump money in t.b and earn 12 ....use the t.b as a saving routes to start up an enterprise (if getting rich is your goal )....u can start small , then grow or quit....there several grants from the govt at 7 percent but it only when u have an enterprise that u benefit.... (They don't give cos u hold t.b )...if there devalution my asset will increase in value
The table is not self-explanatory, and can you make it more understandable?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2019
zamirikpo:

How will u even ask how he graduated.
Is it the biggest market in Africa yet Anambra is not rank among the richest state in Nigeria. Come to Abuja and specifically,Emab plaza,u need 20million naira to take over from another person shop in case the person is no longer interested in business anymore. I mean,u are not buying the shop,it's just sub let. And I can assure u that 10million will buy u more shops in that Ochanja than any where else in Nigeria.

Being the biggest does not translate to progress. After all,it can be big for nothing compare to Wuse market in Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2019
NL1960:

You self. Person don already talk say na affidavit he dey use, you still dey ask how he take graduate. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

He is operating kill, dry and bury policy, kicking a man that is down is a sign of weakness on the kicker. God dey.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:17am On Oct 24, 2019
Barrytone:

Bros i even tire how i take graduate, those in my village market are not begging for alms oooo

grin grin grin na joke ....u r my guy jor.

Like u...my kpali dey under my box.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 10:23am On Oct 24, 2019
igbizen:

See this one....

Affidavit vs Graduate.

See comparison ooh... grin grin

How did u enter the university.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2019
needful:

This your question sound more like someone who were born outside naija and hasnt step your foot into that country before.
Well let me give u small expo. A failed country is equal to broke people because in a failed country, the reach continues to get richer and the poor poorer. If the country is good, u wont see one man driving 10cars, owning 7 different buildings, marrying 4 wives at the same time, buying private jet up and down. Throwing money like money making machine, having 3 billion in his acct and under ground, moving around with armed security men, having 100 shops everywhere. The ration of a Richman to a poor man in naija is 20:100 the rich being 20 and the poor %100. Reason why the rich will never want things to get better because they benefit alot from the failed situation, reason while the rich wants to cripple the economy so that the poor will continue to worship their generation. In a failed country, poverty is the order of the day because very few rich peeps are the one controlling the economy like naija of today. If the system is good, there will be good road, infrastructure will be in place, steady light will be surplus, employment will be available and within reach, education will be of standard, medicals will be intact and overall, standard of living will be excellent. But the revise Is the case, if the road network is good, those making millions from it wont be rich again, if we have steady light, those importing generator will go hungry and those also eating from the blackout will go hungry. Etc. Am tired of typing.
I would think the presence of more poor people in a country is directly proportional to less opportunity/loophole

Most people we call rich here are average if not below average in a non failed country.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
shop go for as high as 20m in Lagos island ,15m in sabo gari markets kano
As a student I ran a cyber cafe with my bros, we later started selling phones. The phone sale was the profit machine. Rent then was 8k a month and you pay yearly. Nepa bill, staff salary and other bills left us with nothing. We were paying staffs from the phones profit, cafe was draining us instead. We were only keeping it open for pride. January came and landlord threatened to increase rent and that was it. Robbers visited September and we were still paying for stolen phone as it was delivered to be paid after purchase. When we rent a shop for 20m, i hope its not selling for pride. Presently I have a friend that suppports his wife shop with 300k every quarter so the wife remains busy and not bored and be tracking him around town. 20m a year means he sells at least 2m worth every month for rent alone. I wish them well.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2019
Barrytone:

As a student I ran a cyber cafe with my bros, we later started selling phones. The phone sale was the profit machine. Rent then was 8k a month and you pay yearly. Nepa bill, staff salary and other bills left us with nothing. We were paying staffs from the phones profit, cafe was draining us instead. We were only keeping it open for pride. January came and landlord threatened to increase rent and that was it. Robbers visited September and we were still paying for stolen phone as it was delivered to be paid after purchase. When we rent a shop for 20m, i hope its not selling for pride. Presently I have a friend that suppports his wife shop with 300k every quarter so the wife remains busy and not bored and be tracking him around town. 20m a year means he sells at least 2m worth every month for rent alone. I wish them well.
The shops are for sale not rent

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2019
zamirikpo:

grin grin grin na joke ....u r my guy jor.

Like u...my kpali dey under my box.
Boss, no bad feeling. Am always good when I remember I have an investment and future to worry about. Am actually having fun here because am less busy. Thanks for been my virtual man
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:56am On Oct 24, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Barrytone:

it seems you are not very grounded in finance/bussiness ,This amount for shops are not imaginary or by fait,is the rental value for the locations and potential sale revenue .....shops in main market like a whole sale iron rod dealer shop ...if shop is sold at 15m it will be rented for over 1m annually,This prime location can make sales of over 200k daily selling lace

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tonygate: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2019
Please what is today market rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2019
ibechris:

How will u even ask how he graduated.
Is it the biggest market in Africa yet Anambra is not rank among the richest state in Nigeria. Come to Abuja and specifically,Emab plaza,u need 20million naira to take over from another person shop in case the person is no longer interested in business anymore. I mean,u are not buying the shop,it's just sub let. And I can assure u that 10million will buy u more shops in that Ochanja than any where else in Nigeria.

Being the biggest does not translate to progress. After all,it can be big for nothing compare to Wuse market in Abuja.

U want to start a new arguement.....oga onitsha is the biggest market in WEST AFRICA . Google it ooh.

U said abuja did what......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) (910) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.