Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436535 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
kayeyes:
Hello house, I want to bid for 14% for 182 days. Please is that a good bid? i am bidding thru Mansard insurance. this is my first time. wink.

14% looks high to me I would advise 13.5%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kayeyes: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
ernie4life:

Thanks alot.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hotmomma(f): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
hello Sirs and mas,
my tbill was supposed to mature on the 19th of april but up untill now, i havent been alerted. pls whats your advice, hope i havent entered one chance.
nb this isnt my first time investing and i use first bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
And you are coming here.....Contact your bank asap.......

hotmomma:
hello Sirs and mas,
my tbill was supposed to mature on the 19th of april but up untill now, i havent been alerted. pls whats your advice, hope i havent entered one chance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hotmomma(f): 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
thank angelo, i had to recheck, it shd be 19th of may not april.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
ernie4life:

I would have gone for 13.2%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
hotmomma:

It happens.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 12:08am On Apr 22, 2015
hotmomma:
hello Sirs and mas,
you see why we said you should read from page one and not to rush into the investment? go to your bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 12:10am On Apr 22, 2015
hotmomma:
better
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
Some of these bank dont know about TB
I HAVE been bounce twice UNioN BANK did not submit my application two times just because they dont know the date.
Now I apply for 13.80 for 182days.....I check my acc with ATM this morning my more is still there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Union Bank is one of the best bank to bid through but incase your branch is not cooperating,is not a must you go through them....Just call the customer service or mail them and they will handle everything.....Also Union Bank custodial charges/T.Bills commission is very low......

htconeline:
I HAVE been bounce twice UNioN BANK did not submit my application two times just because they dont know the date.
Now I apply for 13.80 for 182days.....I check my acc with ATM this morning my more is still there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Good evening house , anyone with today's Tbill rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
htconeline:
I'll advice you mail their CC rep or go to another bank, time is money move the fund to another bank, First bank, GTB, zenith, UBA, Eco bank n more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 23, 2015
It seem first bank always,sell from their own holding
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2015
htconeline:

I think they are trying to discourage people from investing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2015
jpphilips:

I think they are trying to discourage people from investing.] think u are right the first tym I made inquiry the branch manager kip telling me to do fix deposit I said no would u believe that these man do not summit my application

They just like to hold how money for other business.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=htconeline post=33016864][/quote]
Tell him u will close ur account if he cannot offer u d service u want.

If he they still don't do it, close ur account n go to first bank. I heard u can invest with as low as 100k.

Wat rubbish.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by htconeline: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
Who knows the bid rate for this week.
I already have 182 days with firstbank. Which is going to expire at September. I might just close my account with unionbank if they fumble these tym around.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kennyzboy: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hello house gurus does anyone know why there was no treasury bill auction this week as earlier scheduled.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 8:21am On Apr 24, 2015
kennyzboy:
Hello house gurus does anyone know why there was no treasury bill auction this week as earlier scheduled.
Auction didn't take place yesterday? I have been waiting for the result.
please does anyone know why there was no Auction yesterday and the next date for it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Zeiya:

Auction didn't take place yesterday? I have been waiting for the result.
please does anyone know why there was no Auction yesterday and the next date for it

Dear xxxxxxxx

In the past two days, CBN has been experiencing system downtime with its settlement platforms, precisely RTGS & S4.

Consequently, these hitches have hampered CBN’s operations as deals that are meant to settle via these platforms are all pending. Some of the outcome of this challenge are briefed below:

1. The entire industry cannot determine the opening figures for trading money market instruments & fixed income securities.
2. RTGS operations are also halted as movement of cash amongst Banks is inoperative.
3. Treasury Bills maturities cannot be accessed. This means that Banks are yet to be credited with proceeds upon maturity yesterday.
4. Primary market auction which held two days ago is yet to be processed, and as a result, auction results cannot be advised.

While we crave your forbearance, we implore you to accordingly advise our customers, particularly those whose deals are pending. Also let customers know that this challenge is not peculiar to our Bank but to the entire industry.

However, CBN is working tirelessly to resolve issues and we will inform you of any development.

Many thanks.

THIS IS TO ADDRESS OUR FEARS!!!! AM SURE THE ISSUES WITH THEIR SYSTEM WILL BE RESOLVED SHORTLY!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
feelamong:

Dear xxxxxxxx

In the past two days, CBN has been experiencing system downtime with its settlement platforms, precisely RTGS & S4.

Consequently, these hitches have hampered CBN’s operations as deals that are meant to settle via these platforms are all pending. Some of the outcome of this challenge are briefed below:

1. The entire industry cannot determine the opening figures for trading money market instruments & fixed income securities.
2. RTGS operations are also halted as movement of cash amongst Banks is inoperative.
3. Treasury Bills maturities cannot be accessed. This means that Banks are yet to be credited with proceeds upon maturity yesterday.
4. Primary market auction which held two days ago is yet to be processed, and as a result, auction results cannot be advised.

While we crave your forbearance, we implore you to accordingly advise our customers, particularly those whose deals are pending. Also let customers know that this challenge is not peculiar to our Bank but to the entire industry.

However, CBN is working tirelessly to resolve issues and we will inform you of any development.

Many thanks.

THIS IS TO ADDRESS OUR FEARS!!!! AM SURE THE ISSUES WITH THEIR SYSTEM WILL BE RESOLVED SHORTLY!

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 3:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
feelamong:

Dear xxxxxxxx

Many thanks.

I CAN SEE SOME PEEPS CHANGING THEIR MIND NOT TO INVEST AGAIN grin . AM ALSO THINKING CBN MAY REDUCE THEIR ACCEPTABLE BID RATE.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
feelamong:

Dear xxxxxxxx

Many thanks.

Many thanks. I was getting agitated. I hope the issues are sorted out rapidly and our accounts credited.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
feelamong:

Dear xxxxxxxx

Many thanks.

Thanks so much for your reply.
please keep us informed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Please feelamong and the gurus in the house, can this translate into losing the initial principal. If not, when is the next possible day this can be resolved?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Shauron1:
Please feelamong and the gurus in the house, can this translate into losing the initial principal. If not, when is the next possible day this can be resolved?
the principal should be safe but the date it will be resolved, that i can't tell.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
@All,This is off topic but can anyone explain how I can buy dollar from banks as some banks have already said they are not selling and I wonder why....I will like to convert some Naira asset into dollars for deposit into my USD account in Nigeria......Please your contribution is vital............
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 10:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
angelo82:
@All,This is off topic but can anyone explain how I can buy dollar from banks as some banks have already said they are not selling and I wonder why....I will like to convert some Naira asset into dollars for deposit into my USD account in Nigeria......Please your contribution is vital............

I do not think now is the best time to convert naira-to-dollar and store in a USD account as you never can predict how stable the exchange rate will be. A great loss is imminent when Naira appreciates against the dollar after you must have done your conversion.

In my opinion, kindly wait till the new government takes over the affairs of the nation and see how things turn out, then you can decide whether to invest in such money market or not.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iolo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hello house,

Great thread. Does anyone use investment one? How good are they?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ernie4life(m): 11:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
Iolo:
Hello house,

Great thread. Does anyone use investment one? How good are they?

I would have made a comment on this but since I work with them my review may not hold water
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2015
I can understand your analysis but if I want to buy dollar in Nigeria at official rate,where can I buy it?.....Please black market is not an option..........

inze:

I do not think now is the best time to convert naira-to-dollar and store in a USD account as you never can predict how stable the exchange rate will be. A great loss is imminent when Naira appreciates against the dollar after you must have done your conversion.

In my opinion, kindly wait till the new government takes over the affairs of the nation and see how things turn out, then you can decide whether to invest in such money market or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stokfrick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.