Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429125 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
feelamong:

I recently invested some funds in an Infrastructural Money market fund. The yield is up to 15% per annum.

Anyone interested can hit me up and i will give directions.

The fund owners (A firm registered as Asset Managers by SEC) insist that its a Private fund and as such should not be advertised in any public forum

I get interested ooo.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
In no particular reference, recently we have converted this noble thread to jack of all discussions. Making me open the thread with my data then I end up reading irrelevant facts i can simply locate its thread and read up if am interested. No matter how educating a topic is but placed in the wrong thread is bad. If we can respect the thread even at this point of its near demise, it will go a long way to portray our maturity that endeared so many to the thread. Imagine asking new comers to read previous pages and they read and saw nothing on Tbills but other topics.
I stand with Tbills until rates go beyond 8% for 364days. I do not "kill for too much money" but Preservation of capital is key word.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SimpleLuxuries: 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
zohan101:
Please quick question for those into money market funds..Can I make regular money addition to my portfiolio via the app??

Cc Sir Emmanuel Ewelumi ..Thanks Sir

Hi.
Yes, you should be able to. Depends on if that feature was made available on the app. Contact your Account officer or the email their customer care for direction.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SimpleLuxuries: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
zamirikpo:
AM at stanbic now and I just told my account officer to place a bid for 65m. When the actual amount in my account is 6.5m.

Let's see how it goes. Let them prorated at 10% am waiting.

WE DIE here.

Haha hahaha!
The account officer supposed check your account to know your balance nau.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
titilope07:
Emmanuelewumi and other Guru please say something about this share. Dear Sir/Madam

AIR LIQUIDE NIGERIA PLC is undertaking a Rights Issue to pay down its debt obligations, finance capital expenditure and working capital requirements.

Find details of the offer below:

Issuing House: Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited

Registrars: United Securities Limited

NASD Trading Code: RR19SDAIRLIQ

Now being issued: 414,000,000 Ordinary Shares of N0.50 at N5.00 per share

Method of Offer: By way of Rights Issue to existing shareholders

Issue Price: N5.00 per share

Payment: In full on acceptance

Opening Date: 04 November 2019

Closing Date: 29 November 2019

Provisional Allotment: 23 new Ordinary shares for every 10 Ordinary shares of N0.50 each held as at the close of business on 15 October 2019

Are you an existing shareholder? Right issues are for existing shareholders of the company.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SimpleLuxuries: 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
skyangel:

You are not alone brotherly. Though I like interest reinvestment, I still don't think i' m financially matured enough to abandon my money somewhere for a whole 3 -20 years without wanting to feel it in my bank account. I seriously doubt it

I'll just be running my mmf for now & watch how things go. I'll be checking for updates every now and then to see any improvement

Some Investment houses have a Bond Fund option. It operates just like a mutual fund. Pool monies from different investors together and invest it in high quality bonds and Tbills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
Barrytone:
In no particular reference, recently we have converted this noble thread to jack of all discussions. Making me open the thread with my data then I end up reading irrelevant facts i can simply locate its thread and read up if am interested. No matter how educating a topic is but placed in the wrong thread is bad. If we can respect the thread even at this point of its near demise, it will go a long way to portray our maturity that endeared so many to the thread. Imagine asking new comers to read previous pages and they read and saw nothing on Tbills but other topics.
I stand with Tbills until rates go beyond 8% for 364days. I do not "kill for too much money" but Preservation of capital is key word.
Don't mind them. We have complained right from the time that they turned the thread to a "real estate" thread but them no wan hear word.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
feelamong:

I recently invested some funds in an Infrastructural Money market fund. The yield is up to 15% per annum.

The fund owners (A firm registered as Asset Managers by SEC) insist that its a Private fund and as such should not be advertised in any public forum

That means the fund is not regulated and registered by SEC

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SimpleLuxuries: 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
Homextras:
You guys should face reality with this T.B matter. For now you can try stanbic or Fbn mutual funds... Its still in double digits..11%+...you can also buy zenith bank share for a guaranteed yield of not less than 14% at current price..or you sell at N23 if you don't want dividend...
CBN will be forced to push up rate once they witness a boycott or an investment house finds a way around Ghana tbills...
Getting offer of 8% is just sheer mockery to me...Shalom..

Please tell me more about the Zenith bank share. Is it really that profitable? I have lost all my faith in our NSE and the market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
skyangel:

You are not alone brotherly. Though I like interest reinvestment, I still don't think i' m financially matured enough to abandon my money somewhere for a whole 3 -20 years without wanting to feel it in my bank account. I seriously doubt it

I'll just be running my mmf for now & watch how things go. I'll be checking for updates every now and then to see any improvement

Sir, i started stanbic mmf some months back. Can i make partial withdrawal at anytime and how long will it take to hit my account ?
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
feelamong:

Who are the professional advisers, issuing houses to this investment?

Which infrastructure are they financing with the fund?

For now government ie state governments and federal government are the ones saddled with the provision of infrastructure, so which government is involved in this infrastructure money market funds.

Infrastructure are long term projects, I expected an infrastructural bond, but a situation whereby money market fund is used to fund infrastructure don't you think that will lead to a fund mismatch?

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
CBN RETAINS MPR AT 13.5%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
The benchmark interest rate for Monetary Policy Rate is being retained for the fourth time. This is interesting. We're still watching
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
The Central Bank of Nigeria decided unanimously to leave its monetary policy rate steady at 13.5 percent during its November meeting, as widely expected, to spur economic growth during the fourth quarter of the year while inflationary pressures remain persistently high. In October, headline inflation hit a 17-month high of 11.61 percent, mainly pushed up by prices of food and well above the Bank's target range of 6-9 percent. Meantime, the economy advanced 2.28 percent in the third quarter, the most in three quarters, driven by oil output. Interest Rate in Nigeria averaged 11.11 percent from 2007 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 14 percent in July of 2016 and a record low of 6 percent in July of 2009. source: Central Bank of Nigeria

Nigeria Keeps Policy Rate at 13.5%
The Central Bank of Nigeria held its monetary policy rate at 13.5 percent during its September meeting, as widely expected, as inflation remains persistently above the Bank's target range of 6-9 percent and economic growth remains sluggish. The bank's governor Godwin Emefiele said at a press conference that tightening rates could constrain growth while loosening it could allow inflation to rise, and that holding rates steady would allow the bank to appraise the impact of current policies, such as changes to the loan to deposit ratios at banks, that comes into force at the end of September, aiming to increase lending and foster growth.

Excerpts from the Central Bank of Nigeria's monetary policy statement:

The persistence of policy uncertainties, financial vulnerabilities and rising geo-political tensions continued to cloud the medium-term outlook. This is evidenced by the sustained weakening of global growth across regions, amplified by the persisting trade tensions between the US and its major trading partners, rising corporate and public debt levels.

On the domestic economy, output growth in 2019 is expected to peak at 2.1 per cent (IMF), 2.2 per cent (World Bank) and 2.27 per cent (CBN). These forecasts remain underpinned by expectations of favourable oil prices which would lead to higher external reserves, stable exchange rate, moderate inflationary pressure as government increases capital expenditure, including enhanced flow of credit to the private sector to stimulate investment, sustained CBN interventions in the real sector, effective implementation of the Economic Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP), build-up of fiscal buffers, as well as improved security in the country.

The MPC noted the improvements in the financial soundness indicators and urged the Management of the Bank to sustain its regulatory surveillance to ensure continued financial system stability. On the recent directives to deposit money banks to increase their Loan-to-Deposit Ratio (LDR), the Committee underscored the need to grow consumer, mortgage and corporate credit to drive aggregate demand and ensure a reduction in unemployment and increase in output growth. In addition, the Committee commended the introduction of the Global Standing Instruction (GSI) initiative aimed at de-risking credit in the industry by committing bank customers to repay their loans to banks.

In its considerations regarding the policy options to adopt, the MPC as usual, felt compelled to review the options of whether to tighten, hold or loosen. The Committee noted the positive moderation in inflation, though slowly from 11.08 per cent in July to 11.02 per cent in August 2019. Given that this was still above the target range of 6-9 per cent, and considering the pressure on reserve accretion caused by the relatively weak crude oil price, the MPC felt the imperative to tighten. On the contrary, the Committee was of the view that doing so in the midst of a fragile growth outlook would increase the cost of credit, and further contract investment and constrain output growth. On loosening, the Committee felt that this would result in increased system liquidity and hence, heighten inflationary tendencies in the economy. In particular, the MPC was of the view that loosening would drive growth in consumer credit but without a corresponding adjustment in real sector output. The Committee was also convinced that increased liquidity and interest rate moderation would result in exchange rate pressures as money supply rises.

As regards the option to hold, the MPC opined that the option requires a clear understanding of the quantum and timing of liquidity injections into the economy, before deciding on possible adjustments to the stance of monetary policy. The Committee was also of the opinion that retaining the current position of policy offers pathways to appraising the effects of the suit of heterodox monetary policy to encourage credit delivery to the real sector, especially in the light of the subsisting implementation of the Loanto-Deposit Ratio policy.

In view of the foregoing, the Committee decided by a unanimous vote to retain the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) at 13.5 per cent and to hold all other policy parameters constant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
Can someone interpret the lengthy text above for our understanding, please.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
Barrytone:
The thing tire me o.
Coming here is no longer interesting. We have really destroyed this thread. There is a trend for mutual fund, Afro-investment, Eurobond etc. I do visit those thread. Why come here to repeat/duplicate other threads?
Let’s try and keep the discussion here about Tbills.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
Phyde:

Sir, i started stanbic mmf some months back. Can i make partial withdrawal at anytime and how long will it take to hit my account ?
Thanks
Please go to mutual fund thread. All this your questions would be answered in a twinkle of an eye - that is if it is not already answered in the first 10 pages. I joined MMF thread two months ago and am pretty doing well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
With the airpeace saga....my earlier post on most wealthy Nigerian bussiness having criminal background,shady investment initial capital then they go through several years of cleaning to make the funds pure .....they either contraband importer turned manufacturing firm or dollars roundripper turn airline operation so subsidy scammer turn depot owner or politician turn 5 star hotelier ....we don't have genius inventors billionaires like other capitalist climes

Copied online,
Indept analysis of how Onyema made his money...

THE SECRET HISTORY OF MR ALLEN ONYEMA’S WEALTH

Ata Ikiddeh

I have taken out time to research into Mr Allen Onyema’s past and what you will read here should be of interest to every Nigerian. You will decide on the guilt or innocence of Mr Allen Onyema.

Article:
In 2007 when Yar’Adua mounted the rock, the Niger Delta was no man’s land, it was a region devouring itself. The Niger Delta was a warring nation and Nigeria the occupying force sponsored by neo colonial imperialist oil companies, according to the agitators. Militants who branded themselves freedom fighters had shut down the region, no barge, oil tanker or oil pipeline was off limit.

Kidnapping was no longer a menace it became a nuisance, neighbours were kidnapping one another making quick easy money. It was a miracle Nigeria was still pumping crude oil. Before the elections in 2007, production had dipped to 680,000 barrels per day, from 2.2 million barrels, just over 25% of its original output. President Obsanjo a civilian President a relic of Nigeria’s military dictatorships wanted peace but hated the word diplomacy. I had this ‘ they will see me’ attitude.

But Yar’Adua was different, he was desperate for peace but had no road map. But he had heard of a certain Robinson Crusoe / Rambo type man, a man who was virtually living in the creeks, in no man’s land. This man was living in the war torn mangrove swamps, a weird nutter who was friends with the soldiers, the militants and the oil companies.

He was making a living being the only mediator in the creeks. The militants would only listen to him and no other. He was the one who convinced the militants and told them Amnesty did not mean Surrender but Development That man’s name was Allen Onyema, a lawyer. He this crazy idea that PEACE was possible.

It is not clear when Mr Allen Onyema started the Foundation of Ethnic Harmony in Nigeria (FEHN). But FEHN’s tremendous growth was as result of his unusual patriotism. Barr. Allen Ifechukwu Onyema was a lawyer who had graduated from the law school in 1989. He had a stint at law practice for a few years but was strangely drawn to conflict resolution, he was passionate about Peace. He is one of the few Africans and perhaps the only Nigerian who has been given the prestigious much coveted Martin Luther King Award.

He facilitated Peace and Reconciliation during the Idiaraba Ethnic violence in Lagos 2003. During the same period he brought Peace between the warring Yorubas and Hausas over the Lagos abattoir. In 2004 he sponsored a project called Nigeria Forever Project in the 36 States between 2004 and 2005 to promote a broad based Nationalism as against Ethnic Nationalism, it was a huge success.

These early forays on various peace projects prepared him for the Niger Delta bloody imbroglio. He waded in when there was a red line between battle hardened Nigerian soldiers and amulet wearing militants who believed their skins had been transformed to steel by black magic.

Onyema used his own funds to sponsor youths to the Nonviolence training and transformational programmes long before the Oil Companies, Federal Government and International Community began to partner with him and invest in his training programmes. The impact of success which FEHN had with the transformation of restive youths drew the attention of Shell. Prior to their encounter with FEHN, they had constantly experienced shutdowns of their operations due to the violent activities of restive youths.

These endless disruptions came to an end when FEHN trained and transformed several youths, soon other Oil Companies like Chevron, Afren Oil etc, joined in the sponsorship of youths to the FEHN training. Onyema’s method had stopped a complete shut down of the oil industry and the oil companies were happy pay him for his services.

Onyema’s methods caught the attention of not just the International Communities, but President Yar’Adua; Onyema was the nexus of Peace and Diplomacy the Federal Government had been looking for. Chief Timi Alaibe with the NDDC , got Barrister Allen Onyema and his organization - The Foundation for Ethnic Harmony in Nigeria (FEHN), to train and transform over 600 youths of the Niger Delta.

It was the success of this program that finally convinced the Yar’Adua to declare the Presidential Amnesty which was granted to Niger Delta Militants. Mr Allen Onyema’s hard work had finally paid off - he landed the biggest contract in Nigeria - FEHN was given the sole responsibility to rehabilitate, train and transform over 30,000 ex-militants.

He oversaw the disarmament and demobilization of over 30,000 ex-agitators and he superintended in the skilling and reintegration of these youths into the civil society in an ongoing reintegration programme. Thousands of militants were flown abroad for various kinds of training in non-violent Conflict Resolution, Aviation and Deep Sea Welding.

Here was a remark by an article at the time, “A seemingly insurmountable task which posed impossible for several years finally generated positive results at the intervention of FEHN.

This incredibly remarkable achievement is one of the most laudable landmarks of FEHN for not only the Niger Delta but also the Nation in its entirety. The acheivement of this feat helped to rebrand the face of the Nigerian Nation before the entire world. FEHN successfully trained the Ex-militant leaders on the Kingian Nonviolence Philosophy. This laudable occurrence could not have come at a better time, as the Leaders are not just embracing the Peace culture, but are already training others.

Barrister Allen Onyema, National Chairman of FEHN achieved this feat against all odds, at a time when it seemed impossible. It was so rewarding to see the commitment and enthusiasm which the leaders displayed as they began to chart the noble cause. Among the Ex militant leaders present at the training are Farah Dagogo, Boy loaf, Sele etc”.

When Jonathan took over in 2011 he appointed Kingsley Kuku as SA, Niger Delta and Chairman of the Amnesty Programme in January 2011. He spent billions to stop the violence and fund FEHN. The NSA budget in 2011 for the Amnesty programme was - feeding allowance (N48 billion), operations cost (N20.796 billion), reintegration of transformed Niger Delta ex-militants, 2010 arrears (N4.174 billion) and reintegration of Niger Delta ex-militants (N925 million.

In 2012 Kuku’s Amnesty Programme controlled a N60 billion budget about $350 million USD). President Jonathan was determined to rescue the dwindling oil revenue - he spared no cash and this time FEHN was given the sole responsibility to rescue the nation and save Jonathan’s government from siege in the creeks. Onyema was successful. He did a job and got well paid for it.

People who may wonder why his outfit was the only Social enterprise contracted to oversee the entire multi billion naira programme can take that question up with the former President, it has nothing to do with Mr Allen Onyema. He was a man doing a job and got paid for it.

By January 2012 Allen Onyema had made a tidy pile for himself he paid tens of thousands of dollars to the Obama campaign support.

In January 2013 he was invited for an Obama victory party and was honoured with an exclusive photo-shoot with President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their wives.

That same year he laid out plans to invest his fortune and Air Peace was established. A symbol of his years of non violent Peace projects in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
Jejebabaa:

Respect boss, you just finished me with laffs in the middle of the night. Naija no dey carry last.

Even my account officer started laffing. Shebi they are prorating. I have also prorated my bid.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
alezzy13:

Kikikikiki! grin

Abeg jist us how it pans out

I will.....i'll call her tomorrow, am sure she did it.

TB till the end.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

Haha hahaha!
The account officer supposed check your account to know your balance nau.

She knows me nah. And she knows I don't have that amount even without checking.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
zamirikpo:

I will.....i'll call her tomorrow, am sure she did it.

TB till the end.

TB till the end ke!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
DigitalMallam:

Copied online,

Ata Ikiddeh

I have taken out time to research into Mr Allen Onyema’s past and what you will read here should be of interest to every Nigerian. You will decide on the guilt or innocence of Mr Allen Onyema.

Article:
In 2007 when Yar’Adua mounted the rock, the Niger Delta was no man’s land, it was a region devouring itself. The Niger Delta was a warring nation and Nigeria the occupying force sponsored by neo colonial imperialist oil companies, according to the agitators. Militants who branded themselves freedom fighters had shut down the region, no barge, oil tanker or oil pipeline was off limit.

Kidnapping was no longer a menace it became a nuisance, neighbours were kidnapping one another making quick easy money. It was a miracle Nigeria was still pumping crude oil. Before the elections in 2007, production had dipped to 680,000 barrels per day, from 2.2 million barrels, just over 25% of its original output. President Obsanjo a civilian President a relic of Nigeria’s military dictatorships wanted peace but hated the word diplomacy. I had this ‘ they will see me’ attitude.

But Yar’Adua was different, he was desperate for peace but had no road map. But he had heard of a certain Robinson Crusoe / Rambo type man, a man who was virtually living in the creeks, in no man’s land. This man was living in the war torn mangrove swamps, a weird nutter who was friends with the soldiers, the militants and the oil companies.

He was making a living being the only mediator in the creeks. The militants would only listen to him and no other. He was the one who convinced the militants and told them Amnesty did not mean Surrender but Development That man’s name was Allen Onyema, a lawyer. He this crazy idea that PEACE was possible.

It is not clear when Mr Allen Onyema started the Foundation of Ethnic Harmony in Nigeria (FEHN). But FEHN’s tremendous growth was as result of his unusual patriotism. Barr. Allen Ifechukwu Onyema was a lawyer who had graduated from the law school in 1989. He had a stint at law practice for a few years but was strangely drawn to conflict resolution, he was passionate about Peace. He is one of the few Africans and perhaps the only Nigerian who has been given the prestigious much coveted Martin Luther King Award.

He facilitated Peace and Reconciliation during the Idiaraba Ethnic violence in Lagos 2003. During the same period he brought Peace between the warring Yorubas and Hausas over the Lagos abattoir. In 2004 he sponsored a project called Nigeria Forever Project in the 36 States between 2004 and 2005 to promote a broad based Nationalism as against Ethnic Nationalism, it was a huge success.

These early forays on various peace projects prepared him for the Niger Delta bloody imbroglio. He waded in when there was a red line between battle hardened Nigerian soldiers and amulet wearing militants who believed their skins had been transformed to steel by black magic.

Onyema used his own funds to sponsor youths to the Nonviolence training and transformational programmes long before the Oil Companies, Federal Government and International Community began to partner with him and invest in his training programmes. The impact of success which FEHN had with the transformation of restive youths drew the attention of Shell. Prior to their encounter with FEHN, they had constantly experienced shutdowns of their operations due to the violent activities of restive youths.

These endless disruptions came to an end when FEHN trained and transformed several youths, soon other Oil Companies like Chevron, Afren Oil etc, joined in the sponsorship of youths to the FEHN training. Onyema’s method had stopped a complete shut down of the oil industry and the oil companies were happy pay him for his services.

Onyema’s methods caught the attention of not just the International Communities, but President Yar’Adua; Onyema was the nexus of Peace and Diplomacy the Federal Government had been looking for. Chief Timi Alaibe with the NDDC , got Barrister Allen Onyema and his organization - The Foundation for Ethnic Harmony in Nigeria (FEHN), to train and transform over 600 youths of the Niger Delta.

It was the success of this program that finally convinced the Yar’Adua to declare the Presidential Amnesty which was granted to Niger Delta Militants. Mr Allen Onyema’s hard work had finally paid off - he landed the biggest contract in Nigeria - FEHN was given the sole responsibility to rehabilitate, train and transform over 30,000 ex-militants.

He oversaw the disarmament and demobilization of over 30,000 ex-agitators and he superintended in the skilling and reintegration of these youths into the civil society in an ongoing reintegration programme. Thousands of militants were flown abroad for various kinds of training in non-violent Conflict Resolution, Aviation and Deep Sea Welding.

Here was a remark by an article at the time, “A seemingly insurmountable task which posed impossible for several years finally generated positive results at the intervention of FEHN.

This incredibly remarkable achievement is one of the most laudable landmarks of FEHN for not only the Niger Delta but also the Nation in its entirety. The acheivement of this feat helped to rebrand the face of the Nigerian Nation before the entire world. FEHN successfully trained the Ex-militant leaders on the Kingian Nonviolence Philosophy. This laudable occurrence could not have come at a better time, as the Leaders are not just embracing the Peace culture, but are already training others.

Barrister Allen Onyema, National Chairman of FEHN achieved this feat against all odds, at a time when it seemed impossible. It was so rewarding to see the commitment and enthusiasm which the leaders displayed as they began to chart the noble cause. Among the Ex militant leaders present at the training are Farah Dagogo, Boy loaf, Sele etc”.

When Jonathan took over in 2011 he appointed Kingsley Kuku as SA, Niger Delta and Chairman of the Amnesty Programme in January 2011. He spent billions to stop the violence and fund FEHN. The NSA budget in 2011 for the Amnesty programme was - feeding allowance (N48 billion), operations cost (N20.796 billion), reintegration of transformed Niger Delta ex-militants, 2010 arrears (N4.174 billion) and reintegration of Niger Delta ex-militants (N925 million.

In 2012 Kuku’s Amnesty Programme controlled a N60 billion budget about $350 million USD). President Jonathan was determined to rescue the dwindling oil revenue - he spared no cash and this time FEHN was given the sole responsibility to rescue the nation and save Jonathan’s government from siege in the creeks. Onyema was successful. He did a job and got well paid for it.

People who may wonder why his outfit was the only Social enterprise contracted to oversee the entire multi billion naira programme can take that question up with the former President, it has nothing to do with Mr Allen Onyema. He was a man doing a job and got paid for it.

By January 2012 Allen Onyema had made a tidy pile for himself he paid tens of thousands of dollars to the Obama campaign support.

In January 2013 he was invited for an Obama victory party and was honoured with an exclusive photo-shoot with President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and their wives.

That same year he laid out plans to invest his fortune and Air Peace was established. A symbol of his years of non violent Peace projects in Nigeria.

https://afronaijahottestnews.com/the-secret-history-of-mr-allen-onyemas-wealth-by-ata-ikiddeh/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SimpleLuxuries: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
zamirikpo:

Chaiiiii. : cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
DigitalMallam:

Copied online,

Ata Ikiddeh

Article:

This one na big bunku grammar, America is not interested in how he made the money but the deceit in transferring the cash / falsification of several documents, the question for Onyeama is did he really falsified documents to transfer funds to the US and after the funds arrived, it was transferred to different account in America (money laundering) ,

The US government has done a silent forensic investigations on all the transactions of the guy, and finally came up with their verdict (pending when they will arrest him to face trial).

America is not Nigeria, the swift freezing of 14 million dollars belonging to Onyeama in both the US and Canada shows that the Air Peace owner don buy big Market, he might likely go down, Nigeria / fraudsters / invictus Obi ( BEC) and other yahoo guys arrested / declared wanted by FBI has placed the country on a black radar screen

America is out to deal with fraud / fraudsters from Nigeria, Onyeama is in a big shit and it might likely affect the airline

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eledan: 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Who are the professional advisers, issuing houses to this investment?

Which infrastructure are they financing with the fund?

For now government ie state governments and federal government are the ones saddled with the provision of infrastructure, so which government is involved in this infrastructure money market funds.

Infrastructure are long term projects, I expected an infrastructural bond, but a situation whereby money market fund is used to fund infrastructure don't you think that will lead to a fund mismatch?

This put a big question on his claim.

People shouldn’t be too desperate and end up losing their capital.

Preservation of capital is the golden rule

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skyangel(f): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Phyde:

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

Yes to your question & you can get your money same day if withdrawal is initiated through mobile app & before 12 noon, otherwise, next working day.

Please follow the link above for further questions about mutual funds

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skyangel(f): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

Some Investment houses have a Bond Fund option. It operates just like a mutual fund. Pool monies from different investors together and invest it in high quality bonds and Tbills.

Which of the of the investment houses & what's the bond fund called. More info will be appreciated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by titilope07: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Are you an existing shareholder? Right issues are for existing shareholders of the company.
thank you sir. The answer is No.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SimpleLuxuries: 9:03am On Nov 27, 2019
skyangel:

Which of the of the investment houses & what's the bond fund called. More info will be appreciated.

United Capital Plc has a bond fund. This is the link https://investnow.ng/Products/AM_BON#collapseExample

They quoted an interest rate of 15% as at yesterday. I have been told that it is a high risk though because it doesn't guarantee the principal. I don't understand why especially since it's invested in Sovereign bond and not equities.

I'm still doing my homework sha. Will chook head when I fully understand. But the rate sounds good.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2019
zamirikpo:

Is what she is doing not wrong and against the rules and regulations of the Bank?. Stanbic is not the normal and average Nigeria Bank. If this is discovered, i hope you will bail her out if she is fired?. What she is doing is fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by reservd(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Barrytone:
Tell the MOD if at all there's any available

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: HoraCanada(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.