Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4458707 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
zamirikpo:
Just got a debit alert from stanbic 8% for 364days.

Full value, no prorating.....

Poor rate but at least we have some money to spend now. I'll just have to cut my budget.

Congratulations.

So what happened to the 65M. I thought you went for that so that a 10% can bring it down to 6.5M

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eagleeye2: 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sleemzy3:
Hi guys. I bought treasury bills from zenith's secondary market and was told the interest is about 7-8% as of last week. They deducted my money now and I got a ridiculously low interest of 44k on 5,500,000. The duration I filled was 90 days. Even the last one I did in May, I got 251k on 4.2m at 12% interest. Can I cancel it?
@7℅ for 90days, your discounted interest should have been around 94,931.50
Find out if they invested the whole 5.5m and at what rate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
sharp guy.....you don show is the way....

grin grin my boss...small thing Don enter for Xmas ooh. AM done for the year.

Hopefully rates would climb back up before 2nd quarter 2020.

A friend was telling me that the border closure is helping the govt save A lot of money in subsidy payment cos the amount of petroleum pdts bunkered into Benin, Ghana,etc was becomiing alarming.

Nigeria was subsidizing fuel for Benin Ghana Niger but all that money will be saved now and redirected.

This he said has empowered the CBN to cut rates. So by the time they open the border things may begin to worsen for the govt , thereby increasing rates to attract fdi.

What's ur thought on this

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
richforever123:

It's an uphill task bro, you have to get a resident permit, to get a residence permit you have to have a job offer in Ghana, anyone that has an easier method should please speak up

Is there anyone with an easier method?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
Akin3891:
I'm Presently at fbnquest in ikoyi, i think the eurobond thing is not bad, 9.7 dividends bi annual, with a minimum investment of $2,500,though rate fluctuates. Fbn mutual funds still pay 11.5 as at yesterday , so seems we are still on point . Meanwhile ,my matured stanbic Tbs for today hasn't drop ( 2.30pm),anybody in my shoe?

Don't waste your time, fbn eurobond is stressful.

They don't have internet access where you can monitor your funds, everything is via email and their customer service is rubbish.

Stanbic has a lower entry fee of 1000 dollars , internet access, better customer service

Sorry folks for derailing, learnt a lot from everyone here, so must give back

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
zamirikpo:

A friend was telling me that the border closure is helping the govt save A lot of money in subsidy payment cos the amount of petroleum pdts bunkered into Benin, Ghana,etc was becomiing alarming.

Nigeria was subsidizing fuel for Benin Ghana Niger but all that money will be saved now and redirected.

This he said has empowered the CBN to cut rates. So by the time they open the border things may begin to worsen for the govt , thereby increasing rates to attract fdi.

And you think FG will be foolish enough to reopen the border to start subsidizing fuel for Benin, Ghana Niger all over again knowing that things will get worsen so they can increase rates to attract fdi.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2019
zamirikpo:

true oil marketer smuggle fuel to chad ,niger and Benin and the closure had reduce it ..only small quantity is slipling out...this is reducing subsides payments but there are new cost (the recently approved minimum wage ) ,the cbn govenor is using unconventional tactics to stimulate the economy and save the naira (via fdi )so he directed foriegn inflow to omo markets (they still have good rate here ) while we the local investor are suffering bad rate to force money out to the real economy ...but the paradox is that they havent created the enabling enviroment

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
Rate will surely go up they can't generate enough cash to fix the deficit (no nation state can do it )they money from vat ,stamp duty , subsidy saving etc can generate 500 bn annually to the three teir of govt ....

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

Can you share the link of the thread? I can't find it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Rate will surely go up they can't generate enough cash to fix the deficit (no nation state can do it )they money from vat ,stamp duty , subsidy saving etc can generate 500 bn annually to the three teir of govt ....
a.k.a more money more problems...let them enjoy the ovation of low rates while it lasts cuz market forces will drive up Tbills next year
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
What if dollar falls next year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kunleweb: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
damilola1978:
a.k.a more money more problems...let them enjoy the ovation of low rates while it lasts cuz market forces will drive up Tbills next year

Prove it

" Market forces driving up rates higher next yr "
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
kunleweb:

Prove it

" Market forces driving up rates higher next yr "

next year's budget and recurrent expenditures...just watchout for them...simple question, what happens when you feel you have started making more money than you used to...your expenditure will increase right�

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by harlee(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2019
Hello house,I want to buy bond to be compounded for let's say 25years,can anyone enlighten me on that??and where I can invest in it in lag

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinkaoke(f): 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
true oil marketer smuggle fuel to chad ,niger and Benin and the closure had reduce it ..only small quantity is slipling out...this is reducing subsides payments but there are new cost (the recently approved minimum wage ) ,the cbn govenor is using unconventional tactics to stimulate the economy and save the naira (via fdi )so he directed foriegn inflow to omo markets (they still have good rate here ) while we the local investor are suffering bad rate to force money out to the real economy ...but the paradox is that they havent created the enabling enviroment

Logically as you sound. Ironically our foreign reserves is still dropping. I still checked that of yesterday. Also the OMO initiate for FPI is not liquid n by extension secondary markets activities has drastically reduced,.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pluto09(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2019
ahiboilandgas:

Rate will go up when demand slows down.
For now too much money is chasing Tbills and rate can only go lower.
The CBN is doing a good job but they can only continue with this if oil price stays up..

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kryptem: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
damilola1978:
next year's budget and recurrent expenditures...just watchout for them...simple question, what happens when you feel you have started making more money than you used to...your expenditure will increase right�
More money made can be saved rather than unnecessarily increasing expenditures. External reserve can be boosted on a second thought.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eghuan01: 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Don't waste your time, fbn eurobond is stressful.

They don't have internet access where you can monitor your funds, everything is via email and their customer service is rubbish.

Stanbic has a lower entry fee of 1000 dollars , internet access, better customer service

Sorry folks for derailing, learnt a lot from everyone here, so must give back

Please what is the current interest rate for this Stanbic Eurobond?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
My bid failed the third time guys what the way forward

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
I remember attending a presentation in Lagos like 2 or so years ago promoting this product as the next big thing.

Everyone's gotta be careful while looking for a safe alternative to park cash in even as TB rates have continued to tank in recent weeks

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-50435014?xtor=ES-211-[27410_PANUK_DIV_48_NCA_GEN]-20191128-[bbcnews_howthiswomanscammedtheworldthenvanishedcryptoqueen_news]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
Eghuan01:

Please what is the current interest rate for this Stanbic Eurobond?

Between 6 and 9 percent. It's always fluctuating.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kunleweb: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
[quote author=damilola1978 post=84449559] next year's budget and recurrent expenditures...just watchout for them...simple question, what happens when you feel you have started making more money than you used to...your expenditure will increase right�[/quote

]

Overly speculative/excessive optimism

The market has a mind of its own embarassed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ultimated1(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
richforever123:

Please create a seperate thread

All right. I will do that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sleemzy3:
Hi guys. I bought treasury bills from zenith's secondary market and was told the interest is about 7-8% as of last week. They deducted my money now and I got a ridiculously low interest of 44k on 5,500,000. The duration I filled was 90 days. Even the last one I did in May, I got 251k on 4.2m at 12% interest. Can I cancel it?

This one is fixed deposits oga, 3.2% kwa. He don red ooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wanity(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Please anyone to help me I want to know if fix deposit carries any risk

Modified
Cc FEELAMONG

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
TB is dead for now.

Time to close this large thread!!

Peace

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
cybertek:

"Privacy sake" for a bank investment?
If it cant be posted here, I feel like it's not legit enough.
I didn’t even answer his dm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
kryptem:

More money made can be saved rather than unnecessarily increasing expenditures. External reserve can be boosted on a second thought.
I hope Nigeria will have the will to save this time (in Okonjo's voice)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Gbam, like seriously, what is the secrecy for him to mention the name of the bank, anything that has a clause of secrecy, run for your life abi Na BUHARI CHOP I CHOP BANK led by Abba Kyari and the 40 thieves in the Presidential villa, make people shine their eyes wella oo, plenty wonder bank and Oluwole investment plenty for Nigeria, hunger dey Nigeria and guymen are looking for Avenue to eat amala, bokoto shaki, fried chicken and turkey plus Hennessey and after that, they will vammoose with your investment, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com
Lol...this lady don burst my belly.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 10:05pm On Nov 28, 2019
RealityShot:
What if dollar falls next year?
How would dollar fall when no one even knows the real value of naira.

Meanwhile cbn is giving 13% to OMO subscribers while crashing tbills lol

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
The Nation Newspaper
Buhari seeks Senate’s approval for $30bn external loan
November 28, 2019

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday asked the Senate to approve an external loan of $29.96 billion to execute key Infrastructural projects across the country.
Senate President Ahmad Lawan read President Buhari’s letter at Plenary.
Buhari in the letter said he decided to represent the request for external loan of $29.96billion, part of which was rejected by the Eight National Assembly, to finance key projects in different sectors of the economy.
The letter titled: “Request for the National Assembly to reconsider and approve the Federal Government’s 2016-2018 external borrowing plan” reads in part:
“Pursuant to Sections 21 and 27 of the Debt Management Office (Establishment Etc) Act, I hereby request for resolutions of the Senate to approve the Federal Government’s 2016-2018 External Borrowing Plan as well as relevant projects under this plan.
Specifically, the Senate is invited to note that (a): While I have transmitted the 2016-2018 external borrowing plan to the eight National Assembly in September 2016, this plan was not approved in its entirety by the legislature.

Only the Federal Government’s emergency projects for the North East’s four states projects and one China Assisted Railway Modernization Projects for Lagos-Ibadan segment were approved out of the total of 39 projects.

“(b). That outstanding projects in the plan that were not approved by the legislature are nevertheless, critical to the delivery of the government’s policies and programmes relating to power, mining, roads, agriculture, health, water and educational sectors.
“These outstanding budgets are well-advanced in terms of the preparation, consistent with the 2016 date.

“Sustainability analysis undertaken by the Debt Management Office were approved by the Federal Executive Council in August 2016 under the 2016-2018 external borrowing plan.

“Accordingly, I have attached for your kind consideration, relevant information from the Minister of Finance, the specific outstanding projects under the 2016-2018 external borrowing plan for which legislative approval is currently being sought.

“I have also directed the Minister to make herself available to provide any additional information or clarification which you may require to facilitate prompt approval of the outstanding projects under this plan.”
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by isangjohnson: 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
CBN is ok with stamped duty cash and cash derived from other tax sources.
Why is the President now asking for external loan approval?
I strongly believe the cash already gathered should be enough to finance all the projects.
I'm still looking.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (974) (975) (976) (977) (978) (979) (980) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Rizin, Itsrm(m), Hero2t, Saybal(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.