Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,243 members, 7,856,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4498494 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (2241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
eddyakinrinde:
Happy December everyone, the year has been a good one for me investmentwise I must say and also a tough one in some ways. From 6.3m as at beginning of the year, I have bn able to grow my tbill investment to total 11m and additional 1m maturing in January to total 12m. It was indeed a tough rough path leading to this as I have had to deny myself various luxuries this year and several things I closed my eyes to not buy. But it worth it all. The increment was made possible by putting additional fund each month and reinvestment. But I made sure everything mature by Dec.
So my fear now is going by the current downtrend in tbills rates I totally confused on what my next year investment plan would be. I have a food commodity business am into, the total money in the business is just around 3m. Definitely I will have to put more fund in the business from all this but cannot put all so I won't mismanage the money. Am just confused on how best to invest the rest in the new year.

By the time everything gets matured in December, wait a while by keeping the funds in a short tenor Tbills. Must times within the 1st quarter in a given year you will get the direction things will go.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
anyone who is stil doing FD deserves a hot slap...

emmasoft:

Even at this rate Tbills is still better than FD. Instead of fixed deposit consider money market funds. For me fixed deposit is a NO NO! Well that is my personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
anyone who is stil doing FD deserves a hot slap...

Says who? It all depends on the amount and negotiating skills. People get rates from FD that are very close to what you get from Tbills.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
SPEECHLESS, HOPELESS, THATS HOW TBILLS MAKES ME FEEL...…………………………………………………..(MICHAEL JACKSON 2019)

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
Barrytone:
SPEECHLESS, HOPELESS, THATS HOW TBILLS MAKES ME FEEL...…………………………………………………..(MICHAEL JACKSON 2019)

Some mmf are 10%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
rationalmind:

Says who? It all depends on the amount and negotiating skills. People get rates from FD that are very close to what you get from Tbills.
If it's very close to tbills, why not do the tbills instead? Nearly cannot kill a bird. wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 2:38am On Dec 03, 2019
emmasoft:

By the time everything gets matured in December, wait a while by keeping the funds in a short tenor Tbills. Must times within the 1st quarter in a given year you will get the direction things will go.

Amen oo, brother.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 03, 2019
Running analysis on my head now: if airpeace boss didn't have the billions and name to back it up, he wouldn't be in the mess he is right now. I keep letting people know that excess money is not the solution to our problems. Just enough to keep you rolling and enough to prevent you from sliding back to where you came from. The more money you chase, the more trouble you are exposed to. My prayer has always been "God dont make me the richest man alive and dont make me the poorest man alive but just grant me comfortability, Amen". This brings it down to mentality and not counting bills. For those that envy and wish to be in people position, just note the following:
1. For married woman, the bigger the money, the farther away from home your husband will be.
2. The bigger the house, the bigger the cost of maintenance.
3. The more exotic the car, the more the cost of maintenance and parts.
4. The more money, the more you spend on security and looses true friends.
5. The more sophisticated a person is, the greater chance of marrying the wrong spouse.
6. ETC- you can add more
In all, it cancels out and reverts to vanity upon vanity.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 03, 2019
I finally got a car for wifey after surpassing 2019 targets, the amount involved would have been bringing in more than a million naira annually but i will be spending about a million naira to maintain the car. the world will now upgrade my family to the status of the car instead of reducing my status as am poorer by a million naira. If i own 10 of such vehicles, then the world will assume am a very wealthy man while am stark broke. Never envy anyone because all man with his cross. There is no ten naira happiness and fifty naira happiness, just be happy because its a choice, always apply law of contentment in your dealings. In summary, no matter what you own, you can never be happier than me.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 5:27am On Dec 03, 2019
Barrytone:
I finally got a car for wifey after surpassing 2019 targets, the amount involved would have been bringing in more than a million naira annually but i will be spending about a million naira to maintain the car. the world will now upgrade my family to the status of the car instead of reducing my status as am poorer by a million naira. If i own 10 of such vehicles, then the world will assume am a very wealthy man while am stark broke. Never envy anyone because all man with his cross. There is no ten naira happiness and fifty naira happiness, just be happy because its a choice, always apply law of contentment in your dealings. In summary, no matter what you own, you can never be happier than me.
Shout it louder, life Na jeje , I was in a speaking engagement outside Nigeria few days ago and references were made to the late General Abacha, despite all the billions he stole and stashed in Switzerland /Luxembourg /UK /Virgin Islands etc, when he kaput, I was in Nigeria then and saw the way they wrapped him up with white clothes and shipped him via airplane to be buried in kano, all the billions / marabouts he buried in the Presidential villa and the once on his waist couldn't save him, Abeg life Na jeje wayo wink

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:04am On Dec 03, 2019
Barrytone:

Yeah, if someone like me could be happy who wouldn't, I usually borrow my sisters husband eldest uncle phone just so I can read and post on nairaland, sometimes I make calls too. I am relativelly wretched but I am still happy and treasure my small life a lot.

Oh, and I hope the new car is not one of those gas guzzlers, in these times of global warming we wouldn't want to add unnecessary co2 and other harmful gasses to the atmosphere, do we? Talking about negative externalities, yeah, yeah, yeah.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Electroweb(m): 8:25am On Dec 03, 2019
Has anyone invested in treasury bills recently after the new CBN restrictions took effect?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2019
The rates are discouraging

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2019
Barrytone:
Running analysis on my head now: if airpeace boss didn't have the billions and name to back it up, he wouldn't be in the mess he is right now. I keep letting people know that excess money is not the solution to our problems. Just enough to keep you rolling and enough to prevent you from sliding back to where you came from. The more money you chase, the more trouble you are exposed to. My prayer has always been "God dont make me the richest man alive and dont make me the poorest man alive but just grant me comfortability, Amen". This brings it down to mentality and not counting bills. For those that envy and wish to be in people position, just note the following:
1. For married woman, the bigger the money, the farther away from home your husband will be.
5. The more sophisticated a person is, the greater chance of marrying the wrong spouse.
6. ETC- you can add more
How many of those problems has dangote, mark Zuckerberg, bill gate and Jeff bezos face?

If you want to be clean, stay clean. If you want to do rons to build wealth be ready for anything.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
How many of those problems has dangote, mark Zuckerberg, bill gate and Jeff bezos face?

They wouldn't come and be telling press. Dont you think they would enjoy a quiet life than the lime light. Base on the said lime light they behave in a way and manner different from what they enjoy. I have been leader in my little way, i understand how to had live to reflect that position. Grazing traditional attires against my regular jeans. Over looking fine girls in my domain so i dont portray wrong lifestyle. You walk, eat and act with the burden that the dignity and integrity of people are on your shoulder. Have you been in a situation security your movement and activities are teleguided as an adult. When I won election as a student leader, i wanted to celebrate with my people as usual but i was whisked away by dss immediately result was read out, my close pals where not even allowed to come close. I was taken to an unknown hotel where I was so isolated and i complained and was only ask to give names of people i want around and it took them 4he's to finish screening them. The following day i had just an option other than the hotel, that is to leave town and travel home. I was driven to the park and another batch of dss were on ground to receive me. I was only freed when I got to my fathers house. Most of those elites you envy so much are not free. They can't do most things that you do. Just like you wish to be where they are without them knowing about it so is their wish of being in your position and live a normal life devoid of attention. I dont want to be like any other person but me, only me. Bleep dangote, bill gates et all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2019
I decide to share this to whom it may concern.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SMJay: 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nakedman:
Nigeria, smh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
Below is an indication that Tbill isn't going to recover/rebound soon.

FG offers fresh savings bonds to investors
Published December 3, 2019.

According to the DMO, the closing date of the offer for subscription is December 6, and is due for settlement on December 11, while the coupon payment dates of the bonds are March 11, June 11, September 11, and December 11, 2020.

The DMO said the two-year bonds would be due on December 11, 2021, while the three-year bonds would be due on December 11, 2022, at the annual rates of 9.091 per cent and 10.091 per cent respectively.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
Barrytone:
6. ETC- you can add more
very true ,I used to be familiar with several oil/marketers cum depot owners and I found out they weren't very happy people ....JAG Global(10bn)...died a very sad man , almanoury petroleum(1bn) also died of depression and intentional gradual suicide....another was a succeful clearing agent and at his peak was making around 30m monthly in 2010 but he doesn't sleep (I don't know why )he always in front of a night club from 1am -5am park inside his expensive range .(strange )...the other chap a lucky car dealer was addicted to sex and compusive daily sex with different woman (300 girls yearly ) ....so I kept me wondering .....

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
Spits Sad tales everywhere. Like I earlier speculated expect Tbills to rise after three years from now i.e 2023 January.

Doscliamer : Its called educated speculation. After perusing the fundamentals on the table.

Let's watch and see. I have stolen government funds to invest o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 12:04am On Dec 04, 2019
DigitalMallam:

I hate to discuss politics but this govt is taking us to be fools, no govt in the history of 9ja has ever enjoyed the good will bestowed unto the PMB govt. We love him without using our brain, we gave 100% support for petroleum product price increase, same offense we crucified GEJ. PMB and his team is good at just one thing 'telling stories and make beliefs'
There's no iota of truth in the above gibberish from the CBN, initially they told us the reserve was empty when they assume power, now its $31bn, and with all the unprecedented borrowing they have managed to save $9bn. As at 2015 our external borrowing stood at $12bn, now external borrowing is now a whopping $27bn, while internal is $56bn. The sad part is that they are asking for a fresh $30bn loan. Did I just read they never devalue the naira, perhaps they forgot the naira was N197 to a $ when PMB came to power.
The two premise upon which Emefiele believed will determine the fate of the naira are not within his control, oil price which is by implications determine external reserve - he can't do nothing about the two, that shows the kind of economics our CBN gov is practising. It is crystal clear that oga is out there to impoverish the masses while allowing a few cabals to increase their wealth. Or how do you explain tb going for 6% while omo (exclusive to the few) is doing 13%.

Boss you have said it all. By the time Buhari is done with Nigerians(masses)...hmmmm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 12:43am On Dec 04, 2019
Idiots that don't have a dime in TBills too will blame Buhari
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 3:40am On Dec 04, 2019
lancee:
Nigeria does not see its foreign exchange reserve level falling to $30 billion and so is not contemplating a currency devaluation anytime soon, a senior Central Bank (CBN) official told BusinessDay last night.

It had been reported last week that CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele had told investors in London the apex bank would consider a review of its exchange rate management mechanism if the reserves were to fall below $30bn.
However, the senior CBN official said “the bank does not see reserves falling to that level given the stability in oil prices”.

“In any case, the talk about setting the reserve level as a trigger for an adjustment of the Central Bank position on the exchange rate must also be linked to oil prices. The Central Bank closely watches this as well as the reserve level,” the official said.

According to the high level CBN official, “Our view is that both have to be taken together. For as long as oil prices remain in the $50-60 per barrel range, we do not think there should be any panic and even then we do not think reserve levels will fall to below $30bn. Remember that the last devaluation took place at a reserve level of $23bn.”
He said the current government “came in at a time the reserve was $31bn and we did not devalue, so there is no question of a devaluation simply as a result of the reserve level falling to $30bn”.

Also speaking on Friday evening at the bankers’ dinner in Lagos, Emefiele highlighted Nigeria’s healthy reserve level as well as improved foreign exchange inflows into the country. He attributed this to “the impact of a tighter monetary policy regime, attractive yields in the money market, and our efforts at supporting domestic productivity in the agriculture and manufacturing sectors, along with improvements in oil production”.

“In the I&E window, over $60 billion worth of transactions have taken place since the inception of the window in April 2017, and our foreign exchange reserves are above $40bn as at October 2019, relative to its low point of $23bn in October 2016,” Emefiele said.

“We have been able to build our reserves in the midst of lower oil prices, as strong reserves aid the confidence of domestic and external investors. Today, our current stock of external reserves is able to finance nine months of current import commitments,” he said.

On exchange rate, Emefiele said “with a moderated inflation rate, positive GDP growth and improvements in our external reserve position, the naira-dollar exchange rate at the I&E window has remained stable for the past 29 months at N360-$1 and we have witnessed significant convergence in the exchange rate across the various market windows”.

BusinessDay analysis shows that the futures market has remained at the spot level for a long spell and traders said savvy investors have been using the market to hedge, a clear indication of a much-improved forex situation and of the absence of panic.

FX reserve unlikely to fall to $30bn, no devaluation on the horizon – CBN

Converge ko condive ni....no convergence in exchange rates...I bet if they were not controlling the dollar to naira exchange rate, by now we would had 1 single exchange rate for both interbank and black market with only slight difference in kobo to a few naira...just like in other countries...but they choose to enjoy interbank rates of 305 and poor masses pay extra 55naira to thesame dollar o....cbn is just a scam

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 4:50am On Dec 04, 2019
Nakedman:

that is why one needs to know his onion to be able to eat suya when it get to stock investment.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:09am On Dec 04, 2019
Barrytone:
6. ETC- you can add more

sir, i disagree with this. If you get your money in a clean way, what disturbs you from getting more? I told my friend that any wealth or money that i cant boldly telll any one it source i will never involve my self in such. if the source is pure no one will disturb you, you would stand before kings. Am from a very humble home and determined to fight poverty by all means legitimate and God helped me, i have also target 1billn worth by the time am 55yrs and when my time is over i can pass something to the posterity after me. Chase your money in a clean way and nobody will have your time because traces of how you made would be there for every one to see. Chapter 1-3 of think and grow rich discussed this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2019
Barrytone:

If the cost of getting the car would have brought you over 1m annually via say TB, then it is safe to assume that the cost of the car hovers around 10m.

Baba, you have just become poorer by at least 11m, plus the extra cost of maintenance, insurance and other expenses.

But those are very deep words of wisdom, i must admit. In this part of our world, people guage your net worth by what they say - mostly your liabilities.

Just a pity!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 6:25am On Dec 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
very true ,I used to be familiar with several oil/marketers cum depot owners and I found out they weren't very happy people ....JAG Global(10bn)...died a very sad man , almanoury petroleum(1bn) also died of depression and intentional gradual suicide....another was a succeful clearing agent and at his peak was making around 30m monthly in 2010 but he doesn't sleep (I don't know why )he always in front of a night club from 1am -5am park inside his expensive range .(strange )...the other chap a lucky car dealer was addicted to sex and compusive daily sex with different woman (300 girls yearly ) ....so I kept me wondering .....

I am not really a fan of the mystical realm, but will it be out of place if we posit some of these business moguls do not have their hands clean off certaim spirutual things?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by udysweet(f): 6:29am On Dec 04, 2019
Electroweb:
Has anyone invested in treasury bills recently after the new CBN restrictions took effect?
Co ask
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:39am On Dec 04, 2019
When a non economist head a central bank and use try and error tactics to stimulate the economy ......smart investor will see the loophole clearly and make the kill....Rich investment firms are converting their naira reserve to dollars and wiring it out to their shell subsidiary oversea then rewiring the money back through a sister investment firm back to Nigeria as fdi fixed income investment and bid for omo auctions at the exclusive rate of 13 percent......while the hapless are been chased down to poverty or making loss at 8 percent against an inflation of 11.3.....

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
If it's very close to tbills, why not do the tbills instead? Nearly cannot kill a bird. wink
People who come here to ask about if they will lose money by terminating their Tbills should probably be doing FD b4 they can truely put money away without tempering it. I still do FD but I use my emergency funds to do it. My accounts are most times dried up. But I always have emergency funds in FD.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:44am On Dec 04, 2019
The increase Demand for dollars is as a result of this naira even lost value recently ...but the coconut head cbn governor taught he could stimulate the economy by force t.b holders to move out their funds and found bussiness (as if the capital to invest was picked )the capital was generate from other enterprise in the real economy ....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

If you want to be clean, stay clean. If you want to do rons to build wealth be ready for anything.
The problems Facebook have been facing, you are not aware?

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (2241) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.