Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4458733 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2019
Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye

"I bought every V12 engine. Wish I could take it back to the beginnin’' I coulda bought a place in Dumbo before it was Dumbo
For like two million. That same building today is worth twenty-five million”- Jay-Z
#2020Vision - Frugality/Minimalism

#2020Vision - Frugality/minimalism.

Last year at the Cannes festival:

Night 1.
Went out with a group of GLOBAL CEOs. Average bill €50.

Night 2.
Went out with a group of AFRICAN CEOs (similar restaurant). Average bill €150.

African big man = 3X the burn rate vs global peers.
The average African feels that he needs to buy expensive things to show that he is successful.

The show (in showbusiness) is probably more important than the business. My good friend @feyiolubodun has a book, The Villager, that discusses this phenomenon in detail. This conspicuous consumption lifestyle holds us back. It steals the capital we could use to grow our asset base and transfers it to the coffers of luxury brand makers. We are giving our futures to Gucci and Moet while the continent languishes in penury.

We all need to do better

How to do better:

1. Meet your needs and the needs of the people you're responsible for.

2. Save and invest the balance.

3. Use your investment proceeds to make a difference in your community.

Stop enriching Gucci.

Instead, make Ojuelegba, Alexandria, and Kibera great again. I don't know Dangote. But I am close to one of his friends and he told me that the richest black man in the world drives a Corolla around Lagos on most days.

He is comfortable in his own skin and doesn't need a Bentley for validation.

You're not the brand you wear or drive.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biznus: 8:10am On Dec 10, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:
Oh interesting. Yea, me too..am just trying to protect my capital. I am not even in the country at the moment so my options are very limited
Okay I see
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2019
drotba:

Which bank please?

First bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 9:16am On Dec 10, 2019
Hello house, Is there anyone here who subscribe to MMF via Zenith Bank...? Urgent response is needed.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:39am On Dec 10, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
are u sure of full booking daily? What the cost of power , salary ,security depreciation of items...what happen during fasting when 60m nigeria are fasting

from my little knowledge, there’s higher demand of room than supply to those hoe daily and the percentage of girl is always greater than the availability of room. i’m expecting this to be the same in every state in Nigeria and those in Beer Parlour should knew much better
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2019
Nakedman:
Hello house, Is there anyone here who subscribe to MMF via Zenith Bank...? Urgent response is needed.
Does zenith bank have mmf?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2019
janga:

from my little knowledge, there’s higher demand of room than supply to those hoe daily and the percentage of girl is always greater than the availability of room. i’m expecting this to be the same in every state in Nigeria and those in Beer Parlour should knew much better
am really not a fan of dirty money cos spending it wouldnt be fun to me .....

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2019
chigo4u:

Does zenith bank have mmf?

Yes they do according to my research.. I need heads up before investing with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by toyad1(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Non TB related topics can be discussed on weekends.

I have a stock market investment WhatsApp group, which focused on investment generally but with a bias for the stock market. But weekends are free days when we discuss as the spirit directs.

Good morning, pls I am interested in the whatzapp group ,
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2019
Good morning, pls I am interested in the whatzapp group ,here is my number 08027384439
Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
Hmnn! I wonder why people will just be dropping no's in haste like this just to join a WhatsApp group they know nothing about. Is that how leaning about investment works? Before u know it now people will bombard the stock market chats with all sorts of jokes, adverts and irrelevant stuffs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 12:21pm On Dec 10, 2019
eddyakinrinde:
Hmnn! I wonder why people will just be dropping no's in haste like this just to join a WhatsApp group they know nothing about. Is that how leaning about investment works? Before u know it now people will bombard the stock market chats with all sorts of jokes, adverts and irrelevant stuffs.

Poor self esteem plus false hope and dam outright desperation that wishes and hope is what leads them to their desires... An escapist mentality used to replace hustle, resourcefulness,tenacious application of self, smart work and dedication to productive engagement... In plain terms, its called " false hope "
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
eddyakinrinde:

If they have not done their own reading and findings, they cant even understand what they discuss in the group. That is why some people still dont understand what they discuss on stock market thread cos they have not done their readings, joining is not the main point but knowing the details of where you want to invest your hard earned monies

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
Diyke4rich:

First bank

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogunjyde2004(m): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
Diyke4rich:

Explain more in details I bought ecobank share in 2009 though it was a small unit since 2009 till now I have not receive any dividend
We will help you to get your outstanding dividend.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
ogunjyde2004:

We will help you to get your outstanding dividend.

How explain
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
aremso:

If they have not done their own reading and findings, they cant even understand what they discuss in the group. That is why some people still dont understand what they discuss on stock market thread cos they have not done their readings, joining is not the main point but knowing the details of where you want to invest your hard earned monies

True. Investing in the stock market takes a level of financial literacy and/or chart reading skills that lots of people underestimate or do not realise.

All the forums, groups and stock tips of this world will not help you if you do not have a level of grounding personally.

You need to put in the man hours and rigorous study. If you cannot do not bother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
Infinitisi:

True. Investing in the stock market takes a level of financial literacy and/or chart reading skills that lots of people underestimate or do not realise.

All the forums, groups and stock tips of this world will not help you if you do not have a level of grounding personally.

You need to put in the man hours and rigorous study. If you cannot do not bother

Investing in the Nigerian stock market is like throwing money into betnaija and hoping to get rich from it.

I looked at the entire market and found that it's not even robust enough, barely any meaningful companies other than the usual crony capitalists industries

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Investing in the Nigerian stock market is like throwing money into betnaija and hoping to get rich from it.

I looked at the entire market and found that it's not even robust enough, barely any meaningful companies other than the usual crony capitalists industries

Couldn't be put better... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
Willie2015:

Try and get into the fattening business, we cant all live in Lagos and urban areas..

Broiler Fattening - Takes an average of 6 to 7weeks rear and sell off......
Start with 25 birds.... do it 2 times in a month....
The key thing is to work on the cost of feeds.
My experimental birds are almost at 1.8kg at 39days....
With a self made feed mix together in my compound by my kids.... at a cost of N=2500 per bag...

Cow Fattening - Takes an average of 3 months...
Get one calf about 100kg and fatten it up for 3 months with local resources...
Sell it during festivity period to abattoirs in your environs...
You can do this 4 times in a year and scale up......

Pig Fattening- Also takes an average of 3months.......
Goat/Ram Fattening - Also takes an average of 3 months.....
Cheap Feed resources are available in the rural areas.
Work on cheap resources to get results.. read wide...
It is possible...

You will succeed. Baba re a gbe o ....Iya re a ti lehin ...ooo

One will need special training for this o. It sounds cool especially in this Yuletide season
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Sir I disagree. Don't equate stock investing and gambling/bet staking. In all economy of the world you can't separate the capital market and development. You may see stock investing as gambling if you don't take time to study how it works. Of course every venture or business will be like betnaija if you don't take time to learn the nitty-gritty of the venture. I can tell you those people you hear about in the society apart from their business they make money from the market. In fact their worth mostly are base on the holdings in the different company they invest in The major feature of the market is that it's risky but that doesn't mean it's gambling. It's because of this feature that make risk averse people resort to Tbills and other fixed income investments which is not bad at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Make I open Una eyes small, one of the most lucrative property investment is chalets lodge where oloshos lodge and service customers.

A small room is charged N3000 per day X 7 days = N21,000 per week X 4 weeks = N84,000 per month.

Now if you have 20 rooms in the building that will be N84,000 X 20 = N1.6 million per month.

Use N250K settle police and do minor repairs per month, profit N1.3 million per month.

Runs out of thread no be me talk am o !

police settlement big like that?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 10:32pm On Dec 10, 2019
emmasoft:

Sir I disagree. Don't equate stock investing and gambling/bet staking. In all economy of the world you can't separate the capital market and development. You may see stock investing as gambling if you don't take time to study how it works. Of course every venture or business will be like betnaija if you don't take time to learn the nitty-gritty of the venture. I can tell you those people you hear about in the society apart from their business they make money from the market. In fact their worth mostly are base on the holdings in the different company they invest in The major feature of the market is that it's risky but that doesn't mean it's gambling. It's because of this feature that make risk averse people resort to Tbills and other fixed income investments which is not bad at all.

I disagree respectfully Sir

I personally bought stocks since 2007 - 2009 window in multiple organisations and still mainatian them and can tell how terribly our market is. Its a known fact. Even the presidents present and past havetried to revamp the system, yet the obvious remains

And have been reading the markets actively since ,before this period. Our organizations are colonies of con artists. Let's not over wip the subject. But people who know, know. And as a maestro as you Sir. You can attest to ...let's not re-visit this subject

Besides few companies like Nestle, anyone investing in our stocks is incinerating their hard earned income, to me Sir

I could be wrong. But realistically from all we've experienced in our dealings and experiences with the system, its a massive money burning machine
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kryptem: 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
The NSE is not a total write off because people that know their onions are making it cool there. However, it is important to differentiate TRADING from INVESTING in stocks.
For anyone that wants to venture into trading, it is important that such one does his/her home work on the technicalities and fundamentals of choiced stock picks. Such one has to be well grounded. If investing is your choice, on the other hand, knowing basic fundamentals and antecedent of the company you are buying into is sacrosanct. Such individual has to define his/her purpose of investment and should be able to marry patience while at it.
Investing could be for dividend yield benefits and capital appreciation for which such investor may need to be patient enough to make a deserved kill.
So, INVESTING OR TRADING? Know the difference, define your mission and do your home work!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 10:45pm On Dec 10, 2019
Barrytone:
Update:: u dont need a quit notice after expiration of rent. Yawa dey broaden brain. Lawyers learn. I bailed myself today. Got angry and went for beer and discussed my predicament and my usual guy felt embarrass that i didn form him. He schooled me with supreme court judgements. U don't need a quit after expiration of rent. A relief for landlords. I pray we benefit.

Do you mean that a tenant that pays yearly is not entitled to notice to quit assuming his rent has expired and he is even owing for 2 months now?

I doubt if that's the position of the law except it's a fixed tenancy in which case a 7 day's notice is ONLY needed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
Rather than be a market chaser chasing the highs and lows to offload and buy I rather return back to FOREX, with low leverage that trims capital exposure one can make a moderate 25% monthly in Forex so why sit all day with this our somehow-market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
healthserve:
Rather than be a market chaser chasing the highs and lows to offload and buy I rather return back to FOREX, with low leverage that trims capital exposure one can make a moderate 25% monthly in Forex so why sit all day with this our somehow-market.

YOu are very intelligent, this is exactly what I am doing, most people say Forex is very risky but they lack understanding, once you study the market for at least a month and trade using low leverage, the tide will always come in your favour, I trade using the GDP/USD pair

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
richforever123:

YOu are very intelligent, this is exactly what I am doing, most people say Forex is very risky but they lack understanding, once you study the market for at least a month and trade using low leverage, the tide will always come in your favour, I trade using the GDP/USD pair

What a generous compliment Sir. Thanks

Just stay on the very low leverage with GBPUSD no need trading other pairs. If there's no swing movements/clearly defined trend wait it out. Its too sweet.

I spent seven years to attain mastership before I stopped. Why? I just coundlt continue sitting in front of a screen and refused trading less than $100k. The future is robot or PAMM with bots in place on fx VPS
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 12:25am On Dec 11, 2019
healthserve:

I disagree respectfully Sir

I personally bought stocks since 2007 - 2009 window in multiple organisations and still mainatian them and can tell how terribly our market is. Its a known fact. Even the presidents present and past havetried to revamp the system, yet the obvious remains

And have been reading the markets actively since ,before this period. Our organizations are colonies of con artists. Let's not over wip the subject. But people who know, know. And as a maestro as you Sir. You can attest to ...let's not re-visit this subject

Besides few companies like Nestle, anyone investing in our stocks is incinerating their hard earned income, to me Sir

I could be wrong. But realistically from all we've experienced in our dealings and experiences with the system, its a massive money burning machine

I can relate with the period you just mentioned. It's the period I called era of blind and non calculated risk investment by Nigerians. when people just bought anything in the name of investment. If you really want to make money in the market after defining your goals/investment objectives: Read, read, and read again, be hungry for market and economic information, you will be amazed what you can get from the stock market. For your information that is what happens all over the markets in the different countries of the world. Even the all powerful wall street. But I can see you are not very far from reality. Just put in a little more effort. to understand the dynamics of the stock market you will be fine. I am talking from experience.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:34am On Dec 11, 2019
richforever123:

After creating this your new account, 99% of your post are strictly on this treasury bills thread. Hmm...

***Just observing ***

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 11, 2019
emmasoft:

I can relate with the period you just mentioned. It's the period I called era of blind and non calculated risk investment by Nigerians. when people just bought anything in the name of investment. If you really want to make money in the market after defining your goals/investment objectives: Read, read, and read again, be hungry for market and economic information, you will be amazed what you can get from the stock market. For your information that is what happens all over the markets in the different countries of the world. Even the all powerful wall street. But I can see you are not very far from reality. Just put in a little more effort. to understand the dynamics of the stock market you will be fine. I am talking from experience.

Sir the market is not dynamic enough. Imagine the 5 top performers are all banks.

Where are all the other industries?

I think business/ real estate/ high interest bonds are the way to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: choo, Emumakpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.