Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (994) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4458452 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Barrytone:
Landlord tenant wahala: my tenant been chasing me with cops. Been invited for Monday officially since they couldn't get me on the weekend to make me spend weekend in cell. Got wind of their plans. Summary of events, rent over due. Ask to leave, not discussing after expiration, frame me that I lock her inside, police working on illegal detention. Thanks for reading
Boss, y are u still dealing with all these tenants. Your health and life are priority. Give those properties to real estate companies like Jide Taiwo and co among others. They will charge you just 5% if you can negotiate well and your sanity will be intact. This is exactly what I did, I cant be dealing with tenants and their wahala.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Some of the guys here are there.

Send a private message to Jejebaba, he is one of the Ogas in the group.
I hail sir. I be small boy oo, that group is too loaded and I stopped talking on that group since I discovered the calibre of people on that platform. The likes of KOD was in 500L when i was in 100L not to mention some oga's them.
Thanks sir for making me an admin in the group. I really felt privileged to be added to that group sir and God bless you real good for the initiative in creating such group.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
This thread is for tbill discussion only.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
Seun:

So you self dey come here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
Grupo:

So you self dey come here.

lol, is he not a nigerian ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2019
Seun:

But why ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
ositadima1:

But why ?
Look at the title. You can create a new thread ffor the other topics.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
I am sorry at ogas that sent me PM, I was onshore with limited internet connections and was busy lately. I am just catching up with what i missed on Nairaland. Pls accept my sincere apologies.
Cc oga ukay2, IamR and co .

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PETERiCHY(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
Seun:

By this time 3yrs ago i got 18.65% interest on 365days tenor and Christmas was bliss now that interest rate has gone down to 7% while inflation rate is still above 11% what's there to discuss again.

Last month precisely on Nov 19th I bought UACN shares @N6:50k today it closed N8:80k which means I'm sitting on 32% paper profit within 3within.

This an investment forum, investors should think outside the box and aligned with what work best for them..

Life doesn't start and end with TBs.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cmoney22222: 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
Meself never see debit for same duration at stanbic.
Mills55:
please has anyone been debited by Stanbic based on yesterday's primary auction? I am yet to be debited oo. I filled form for 364 days. till now no news at all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
I contacted one of my Bank officers today to buy Treasury Bills from the secondary market. He told me 6% was the Available rate for 350days. He then convinced me to subscribe for Fixed Deposit at 7.5% for 365days higher than Tbills. I told him there won't be upfront payment on Fixed Deposit hence no interest. He then said I can be paid upfront if I want. How does it sound to you guys!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
ositadima1:

But why ?
Oga na the person wey own nairaland be that oo. Na so he want his things oo. Case closed, that's Mark Zuckerberg of Nairaland. Seun Osewa founder of Nairaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nakedman:
I contacted one of my Bank officers today to buy Treasury Bills from the secondary market. He told me 6% was the Available rate for 350days. He then convinced me to subscribe for Fixed Deposit at 7.5% for 365days higher than Tbills. I told him there won't be upfront payment on Fixed Deposit hence no interest. He then said I can be paid upfront if I want. How does it sound to you guys!
which bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Chai that pain you feel when First bank holds your money for almost 2 weeks only to return it as failed tbill auction embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
[quote author=innocentjiale post=84844320][/quote]its available. Contact me via my signature for details on rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

By this time 3yrs ago i got 18.65% interest on 365days tenor and Christmas was bliss now that interest rate has gone down to 7% while inflation rate is still above 11% what's there to discuss again.

Last month precisely on Nov 19th I bought UACN shares @N6:50k today it closed N8:80k which means I'm sitting on 32% paper profit within 3within.

This an investment forum, investors should think outside the box and aligned with what work best for them..

((8.8-6.5)/6.5) *100 = 14.95%

Still impressive within 3weeks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

peter please note, i quite agree with you but have if in your mind that not everybody can do the stock stuff
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

Peter this is a Treasury Bill thread, stock market is not for everybody.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
aremso:

peter please note, i quite agree with you but have if in your mind that not everybody can do the stock stuff

Exactly, but you are also into it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

You have a point. But not to cause confusion business/investment ideas should be under the appropriate category sha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
in 2015 we where doing 6/7 percent it not knew its a phase .... funny enough this policey might back fire .....investor are exiting tb and moving funds to dollars to preserve capital this has resulted in huge demands for dollars futher countering the thinking that only fdi should omo at 13 percent to increase dollars inflow ....
But ...now u have created new reason for local to buy up dollars wiping up the gain

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
in 2015 we where doing 6/7 percent it not knew its a phase .... funny enough this policey might back fire .....investor are exiting tb and moving funds to dollars to preserve capital this has resulted in huge demands for dollars futher countering the thinking that only fdi should omo at 13 percent to increase dollars inflow ....
But ...now u have created new reason for local to buy up dollars wiping up the gain

This is another interesting angle to look at it... Lower tbills rate would push investor funds into alternatives that may wipe of the essence of lowering rates. Brilliant
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
healthserve:

This is another interesting angle to look at it... Lower tbills rate would push investor funds into alternatives that may wipe of the essence of lowering rates. Brilliant
if rate crash to meanless level and bids continuesly fail ....na to buy dollars and wait for devalution which we know it must happen just time ...most of the tb capital is gotten from other life sustaining activity....example if u stop me from investing in tb ....i still have a fleet of tankers and rental income so am not willing to start new ventures i will hold my capital dollars ....and use my income from tanker to live ......the cbn governor is offically mad....a worker in an mnc with 10m in tb and earns a salary of 500k monthly will not stop tb and remove his 10m and start a bussiness cos he got no time .....so he will put the funds in dollars untouched and live on 500k

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
PETERiCHY:

There are other thread to discuss shares. This particular thread is for tbills discussions. Don't you get it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
if rate crash to meanless level and bids continuesly fail ....na to buy dollars and wait for devalution which we know it must happen just time ...most of the tb capital is gotten from other life sustaining activity....example if u stop me from investing in tb ....i still have a fleet of tankers and rental income so am not willing to start new ventures i will hold my capital dollars ....and use my income from tanker to live ......the cbn governor is offically mad....a worker in an mnc with 10m in tb and earns a salary of 500k monthly will not stop tb and remove his 10m and start a bussiness cos he got no time .....so he will put the funds in dollars untouched and live on 500k

Elder. I trust your week has been bullish

You have very strong valid points. I think the crucial factor is scarce knowledge in complex econometrics has become common. And this has led to massive inflows into tbills above comfotbale levels Sir.I.e your ability to be discerning in understanding alternates and having a backup plan though impressive is only known by a few.

Realistically, I agreed with all your points Sir. Except the part the CBN governor is bashed. Take it easy o. Shey you know you're gunning for statesmanship position.... grin If we keep calling out Mr. Ahib, it just might get to you... grin

That was pure pun, don't take me too serious... Anyway like you said earlier boss its just a trend, if the market movement becomes undesirable, I feel and believe, the best thing to do is stand down, reserve funds in account and enter at a more favorable time. If the government has adequate financial resources to execute it needs, it won't be reasonable to keep pushing for investor finds thru tbills

More importantly, if the rates on tbills are kept at a fixed rate let's say for ten years in a roll, it can create a get-rich-quick mentality where investors would seek out funds just to make some tbills profit instead of investing resources that were the proceeds from business transactions. All in all, I believe this administration for the first is on the path to intuitive economics handling and we should beat the drum of support behind them.

We're all on this ship o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Exactly, but you are also into it.

YES i am into it with my full blood , even not every members of my family likes the stocks stuff, it depends on risk appetite. The risk i can take when it comes to money not every members of my household can take such risk. Like i bought a stock today and and the closing of transaction it loss 5kobo and even if it is 1 naira it does not move me cos is part of me. How many people can master how the game works? so dont get me wrong i still maintain my stand
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
healthserve:

Elder. I trust your week has been bullish

You have very strong valid points. I think the crucial factor is scarce knowledge in complex econometrics has become common. And this has led to massive inflows into tbills above comfotbale levels Sir.I.e your ability to be discerning in understanding alternates and having a backup plan though impressive is only known by a few.

Realistically, I agreed with all your points Sir. Except the part the CBN governor is bashed. Take it easy o. Shey you know you're gunning for statesmanship position.... grin If we keep calling out Mr. Ahib, it just might get to you... grin

That was pure pun, don't take me too serious... Anyway like you said earlier boss its just a trend, if the market movement becomes undesirable, I feel and believe, the best thing to do is stand down, reserve funds in account and enter at a more favorable time. If the government has adequate financial resources to execute it needs, it won't be reasonable to keep pushing for investor finds thru tbills

More importantly, if the rates on tbills are kept at a fixed rate let's say for ten years in a roll, it can create a get-rich-quick mentality where investors would seek out funds just to make some tbills profit instead of investing resources that were the proceeds from business transactions. All in all, I believe this administration for the first is on the path to intuitive economics handling and we should beat the drum of support behind them.

We're all on this ship o

You are completely right sir , I don't see an issue with cutting down tb rates even as s tbiller, the only issue is that the rate cut is not aligned with policies that will stimulate growth.

Imagine if they went full blown into state sponsored mechanised farming to reduce food inflation not only in rice but other commodities and then plug the reduced rate into monetary policy were you can access a mortgage at very low rates like 6 percent, it would have made more sense.

The other thing I've noticed is that even though the rates have been cut , the forex rates keeps getting better.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

You are completely right sir , I don't see an issue with cutting down tb rates even as s tbiller, the only issue is that the rate cut is not aligned with policies that will stimulate growth.

Imagine if they went full blown into state sponsored mechanised farming to reduce food inflation not only in rice but other commodities and then plug the reduced rate into monetary policy were you can access a mortgage at very low rates like 6 percent, it would have made more sense.

The other thing I've noticed is that even though the rates have been cut , the forex rates keeps getting better.

How do you mean forex rates is getting better?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nigsrdumb:

Apt.

Permission to digress, your comment reminded me of one of the most troubling issues on my mind for quite some time. Why has the government refused to embark on statewide sponsorship in agricultural ventures. Like zero tariffs on importations, zero Tax for the first five years for agro allied firms, special office to give grants for agro allied ventures I.e the creative loans that was designed for such purposes but are hardly accessed. My tummy is running me, I don't know if Nigeria just likes to carry last in everything. Must we have an emergency before we begin to implement policies?

Back to our discussion, I think and feel the financial ministry, CBN have a different blueprints from economists, and for these reasons I chose not to be over-critical, on the side of the investor, the policy has a different vantage/viewpoint than the policy administrator's view. Its just a phase, the market is always dynamic and who knows, you just may hit 15% per year soon again... grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Rizin, ololufemi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.