Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? (1163 Views)

Giving/receiving Gifts In Relationship: Your Opinion? / Forgiving And Being Forgiven In A Relationship... Your View! / Different Phases Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2007
With some many different views on relationships and what's right/wrong, Can anyone honestly outline the stages of a relationship? I came across an article some time back and it goes like this:

1. Approach (Walking over and saying hello)
2. Digits (Getting a phone number, email address, etc.)
3. Date request (This can actually be done when you first meet)
4. Date (The actual time with her)
5. Hold hands (The first sustained physical contact)
6. Kiss (The first 'intimate' contact)
7. Alone in private (Trust)

*****DEPENDING IF YOU AGREE FROM 8 AND ABOVE

8. Make out (Sexually aroused)
9. Clothes off (Very sexually aroused)
10. Sex (Very very very sexually aroused!)

****ANOTHER VERSION
8. Relationship deepens (Bonding)
9. Courtship
10. Marriage.

Your thoughts? Other versions are welcome (Players included)
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by opokonwa(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2007
I wonder the need to be interested in stages of a relaionship.

It doesnt change anything.

There are no 'rigid' stages anyway Whatever works fro one!

Sometimes, it is the bizzare, unthinkable or uncommon that works. SIMPLY TRY TO BE CREATIVE BRO! grin
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2007
i don't think there is such a thing as a "rigid stage". (You still can't just walk up to someone and ask for marriage now, can you?). neither am i saying one should change his/her self because of the implications of a "rigid state", like you said. It's just a matter of intrest.

thanks for the input though
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by RuuDie(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2007
It can be so annoyingly frustrating when u get over with steps 1 & 2, then the bonding is so deep that y'all could pass for family and its just so obvious that y'alls meant to be. . . . . y'alls like perfection and she knows that you're so into her and she can't deny that she's feeling the s*** o'utta you; but y'all just can't seem to shift into the 3rd gear and make that commitment. . . . . crazy!
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by bebe2007(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2007
Initial Stage: Fine boy meets fine Girl tongue tongue tongue wink smiley shocked cool embarassed undecided
At this stage there are so many feelings, waoh!!! the green light /redlight signals begin to fly. Green is a sign of approval, red is a no no sign. The girl starts to flirt or talk and act in a sexy way (according to a won boyz she starts forming). They are introduced, they gist a little , boy gets her numbers, promises to call etc

2ND STAGE: He actually calls or sends a text to find out if she gets home safely!!!! (like say nor be the same road she don dey pass for donkey years) If the irl likes him she is tripped (thats so thoughtful of him) The truth about most women is that from the first meeting she knows if she likes you enough or not. We just relax and let him show us the stuff he is made of. Then more calls between the parties, e-mails,text messages, etc

3RD STAGE: the date, fun part. after much talking on the phone and they have come to know eachother relatively well, then the date comes up. They go somewhere nice and exclusive (brothers please learn from this, do not take your date to the cinema on the first date, you would not get her full attention) go to a nice and queit place where you can observe each other very well, talk, and talk communication is the key, ask questions if you think you want to be with this woman and vice versa.
This stage however may take a very long time depending on those involved. The boy makes his intentions known, she says she will think about it etc or maybe outright yes!!!! (that will be the day rite!!!) grin cheesy

4TH STAGE: More phone calls, more outings, exchange cards, little gifts, the babe finally agrees to date him or they just start off without further much a do then the FIRST KISS!!!! kiss kiss (thats if parties are flowing of course) this is usually the best for me o!!! those new, soft and succulent lips (thats mostly because bobo don take e time brush the mouth, lick some mint, trim those beards that usual prick ur skin) hmmmn well maybe hands, maybe not (depends on parties too) the current that flows in this stage can actually power kainji damn men!!!! and there would be no power outage for 10weeks grin grin

5TH STAGE: here it varies some people go ahead make love here depending on how much self control they both have some wait until much later, the babe leads the guy on, being there and not going all the way, he gets frustrated with longing for her, this stage actually separates the boys from the men and the women from the girls. For some guys the longing starts from day one, so if nothing happens at this stage they are already very frustrated and would most likely bail out. This stage is very aggressive, the guy wants to score every time he gets her alone, he is always over her body, pulling, tugging, carassing, babes, i need you, cant you see that, i want you, you mean the world to me, lets get down it doesnt and would not change anything, we belong together already, stop beign old fashioned, what are you hoading it for, i can get it elsewhere its just that i like you thats why, Let me just use the tip only, ok just the surface, i would not go inside i promise, ok give me a Mouth Action, just make me come Goddamnit!!!! ALL STORIES!!!!!! all sorts of promises, fights, quarrels come up here.

6TH STAGE: if you made it throughin the 5th stage then you have become closer by now, more friends than ever. she now knows your weaknesss and you defiantely know hers too. You are waxing stronger getting to learn your likes and dislikes, your fears, ambitions, needs, wants, dreams, families, friends, co workers etc here the guy can move mountain to be with you, he closes from work in good time, no working late moves, he spends his whole time with the babe inshort evrything is all about the babe, what she likes and what she wants, more kisses ,more smoochings (little princess) hmmn cool (the lady thinks) how nice of this gentleman, he is so different GOd i thank you!!!!!!!!!!

7TH STAGE: The babe completely trust this man. She decides its time to move things to the next level, correct!!!! lets get freaky. she throws caution to the wind and enjoys herself with her man. They are both absolutely delighted, the feeling is mutual. At this stage, the current here can power kainji damn times 3 times. There would never be power outage in naija for a year!!!!!!! grin grin grin

8TH STAGE: More sex, getting closer, little fights here and there, i called you you didnt pick up, where were you girl/boy?? you said you were coming at 6pm waited to 10pm, you never called to say why you didnt show up? whats wrong with you? why are you cold to me? parties become very emotional and touchy. every little thing affects ones feelings, na wa o!!!

9TH STAGE: The sex is still there but not constant like it used to be because one party is always angry at the other or depressed/tired. He has definately stopped calling every hour, he calls for 5mins now 2wice a day, morgnx and night. There is nothing much to talk about. She is gettin worked up, wondering where that gentleman has gone, he is wondering where the soft spoken babe he met is, not this nagging B, ch dat has her mouth permanently in a pout, hissing and squeezing all the time except when in bed. Here it varies some couple might be able to patch things up and rekindle their love some might just let it die completely they realise they are not compartable, or that he/she is a moselem/christain and they do not want that, or he is yoruba, she is igbo, cant tell my mum that, he is too short for me, she is too fat for me, he is not ambitious enough for me, she is too ambitious for me, she is talking about marriage and am definately not ready for that, she wants to tie me down, she is pregnant, she needs to do a d & c, she says over her dead body, he keeps hanging out with other girls or she is always out with other males all claiming they are just my friends, she is always asking for money, he is too stingy etc

10TH STAGE: some may make it through the 9th stage, resolve their differences here, learn to compromise and actually tolorate the other. They start afresh, they start to move the relationship to the next level, [[color=#990000]b]Marriage!![/b
]!! good pple. its no guaranty it will work anyway. For others its the Break up[/color]. They give up on their once shared love, friendship and become enemies or sometimes still good enough friends. Every promise made is completely shattered. Whoever initiates the break up carries the blame (i always wonder why) when the hand writing has been on the wall since genesis!!!! parties completely change here, their friends and family begin to wonder its usually painful. sometimes its for the best but just maybe you have just lost your potential wife/husband to be and you probably would not find someone that good again or maybe you would get a better deal, who knows. Welcome to the world of uncertainties!!!!!!! some people avoid breaking up because of this, they say the devil you know is better than the angel you do not knw.

This stages are not conclusive, for those of you who would like to criticize. It would be impossible to type all i have to say in 2days so lets keep it short and simple. Enjoy!
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2007
shocked i almost choked on my food 3 times when i read you post! Fantastic! Well done. cheesy

But seriously, is there anything else that time did not permit you to add? as it seems, you have it all wrapped up.

to further drive home my point, i believe that when someone has in mind a general idea of the stages (it comes from experience though), he/she is in a better position to see, how should i say it "the writings on the wall", if there is.

Well Done!

Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by Busta(f): 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2007
nice

we all know that most relationship continues from this version;

the other version work back in those days not anymore

children of these days!
lol tongue
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by almondjoy(f): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2007
I think the list does not end there Webmonk.  Any thing else to add? tongue  Not all relationships lead to marriage as you can see on Nairaland. wink

I think bebe2007 has a clearer picture of what the deal is! cheesy
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2007
almondjoy:

I think the list does not end there Webmonk. Any thing else to add? tongue Not all relationships lead to marriage as you can see on Nairaland. wink

I think bebe2007 has a clearer picture of what the deal is! cheesy
True, the order (including the sets of 8-10) is the way i would want it grin

More versions please! (fill in the blank spots and steal the gold from bebe2007! i doubt it, though) wink
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by almondjoy(f): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2007
WebMonk:

True, the order (including the sets of 8-10) is the way i would want it grin

More versions please! (fill in the blank spots and steal the gold from bebe2007! i doubt it, though) wink

Busta:

nice

we all know that most relationship continues from this version;

the other version work back in those days not anymore

children of these days!
lol tongue

Na wah oh! lipsrsealed Hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2007
@almondjoy, you misread me. I meant both sets of 8-10. here:

8. Relationship deepens (Bonding)
9. Courtship
10. Marriage

Preferrably in this order wink
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by almondjoy(f): 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2007
Thank you for the clarification. I got scared a little. tongue
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2007
almondjoy:

Thank you for the clarification. I got scared a little. tongue

Yeah - about that. You can't seriously said i scared you with that, in this day and age (more like - "in the kind of world we live in"wink. I can't help but be a little surprised that a guy like you said that (no offense. It's just if a female said that i wouldn't raise an eyelid)
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by almondjoy(f): 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2007
Hmmmmmmm! wink
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by Seun(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2007
Source, sir? Thanks!
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by WebMonk(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2007
Seun:

Source, sir? Thanks!

Wasn't sure. But now that i thought abt it - David DeAngelo (not so much a fan of his style any more)
Re: Phases Of A Relationship: Your Thoughts? by bebe2007(m): 10:29am On Oct 25, 2007
@webmonk

Thanks for your comment. Thats my thought for you, mostly from my experience though. Which am sure is not much different from most ladies. You really do not have to answer some replies, "source" is it everything that must have a source? can't one write from experience you shouldn't have bothered.

Take care!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Men Cheat 3 / I Sent My Babe To Join Soldier, Now Am Regreting. / How And Where Did You Two Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.