Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) (22577 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by CrudeOil2(m): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2012
And what the hell are we gonna do about it apart from shouting and complaining? Like Obiagu said, you can't blame the northern elites, they're just regular opportunists. The Niger deltans had the opportunity to avert all these issues, but they threw it to the wind. Maybe we in the Niger delta should go after their solid minerals as a form of payback? And see how they react
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Skii(m): 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2012
The answer is simple

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. What has light got to do with darkness?

What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.

God didn't put this marriage together.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by bakila: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
[quote author=Darui link=topic=881188.msg10287272#msg10287272 date=
My only concern is the Northcentral, I would hate for war to break out here.
[quote][/quote]
That is one home of a very big problem. Jukun and Tiv, Igala and Igbirra, Berom, angas, tarok, fulani, seyawa, jukun kuteb, Nupe kakanda headaches.
IBB, TY, Mark, Gemede, Abdulsalam Suswam, Dabo, Nyame, Saraki, all seniors takers. Careful what you pray for.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Jisunpack: 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
Is there any difference between the article and what Bonkole stole? What about what OBJ stole?? What about what peter odilli stole? What about what Alamiasgha stole? What about Diezene Madukwe stole/stealing?? What about what Timipreye silva stole?? Wale Tinubu stole?? Orjai kalu stole?? VictorAttah stole?? Emmanuel Udaghan is stealing? GEJ is stealing?? Namidi sambo is stealing? benga Daniel stole?? alao Akala stole ?? Godwill Apkabio is stealing?? Rabiu Musa Kwankoso is stealing?? El-rufia is stealing? Oronta Douglas is staeling? Dalhatu sarki Tafida is stealing?? Atiku Abubakar stole?? Saminu Turaki stole?? Jashua Chibi Dariye nko? Rev. Jolly Nyame??

Boni Haruna's name was not there. What about what Ali Modu sherrif stole? What about what Bafarawa stole? ? Gorge Akume?? Olusegun Osoba?? Olusegun Agagu?? Ahmed Markarfi?? Prince Abubakar Audu?? Adamun Ciroma? Sani Zongon Daura, Femi Fani Kayode?? Babalola Borishade?? Tony Aneni(Mr. Fix it)?? Andi Uba Ifaenyi Uba?? Aminu Saleh?? Tafa Bologun?? Kenny Martins?? Adamu Aleiro?? Chimroke Mbadinuju? Chimroke Nnamani??

What about the 109 million dollars Patience Jonathan was caught with at air port?
What about the Illegal lifting of crude oil operation Patience Jonathan is directing??

How comes Sen. David Mark's name was not there, even with many oil blocks??

Why hasn't GEJ declared his asset, for us to examine his wealth??
where did GEJ got his election funds from??

What about Dahiru Mangal?? What about General Gusau??

Spare me this bullshiit!!! The only difference is that North has limited resource in the hands of few!! Shikenan!

Nigerians are indeed fools to be happy with "My thief is bigger than your thief"!!

P.S
How comes Buhari's name is not in all this? Or Tam David-West?? . . . . . . .??
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Abbott(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
Too much mad money in this nation. Individual owning oil wells, sharing profit of oil money running into billions of naira monthly for nothing and with nothing to show. This is the new definition of madness.

This whole just dey read like a dream. It must not be true o. Person even fii run mad sef,

Mad men!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by youngmonie: 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2012
Makes you wonder Y the then military government wouldnt allow the IGBO to form biafra!!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by houvest: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
chima12:

The niger deltans are in power now.they should use this period to dismantle and dislodge all parasites and stop the oil theft by northern elites and other parasites.oil blocks given to people like danjuma,ibb,atiku and other northerners and their cronies/collaborators should be collected from them and given to qualified nigerdeltans through the process of competitive bidding.gej is too slow.am just not impressed with him.

You can now understand the reason for Boko Haram and why they want to make the Nation ungovernable under GEJ so that they will intimidate everybody to conceed power back to them again in 2015 so that the ND oil will remain their war booty. All you that criticise GEJ can now see the cabal he is up against. He needs our moral support and constructive imputs to dethrone the status quo ante because they will do everything in the book and ouside the book, even beyond Boko Haram and including selling their souls to the devil, to frustrate it.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by noiseless: 11:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
Now who is the thieving DR FRANKENSTEIN,who is the FOOL, who is the TOOL and who is the SCAPEGOAT?
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by texazzpete(m): 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
What has the ill-gotten wealth of a few Government cronies got to do with under-development in the North? Is the money accruing to them accessible by the Northern states governors?

I wonder why the writer went so far off-topic. Tell us why Gombe is not using their N3b monthly allocation wisely instead of harping about one rich man from Gombe State who earns N4bn monthly.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by EzeUche(m): 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
The Niger Delta cries while the South-East and South-West bickers. The North laugh all the way to the bank.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Abbott(m): 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
Oh! If i had just one oil well with a capacity of 100,000bpd only and nothing more! 50,000bpd is ok too. If only!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by newmaonza: 12:17am On Feb 28, 2012
Bleep NIGERIA , GUY'Z IF UNA SEE CHANCE TOO MAKE UNA CHOP UNA SHARE TOO, DON'T BEEF THE PLAYERS HATE THE GAME, MY PRAYER FOR NIGERIA IS FOR THE WEST TO QUICKLY DISCOVER A VIABLE SUBSTITUTE FOR OIL BUT TILL THEN NIGERIA IS JUST HELPLESS AND WILL KEEP BEING RAPED MERCILESSLY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by noiseless: 12:19am On Feb 28, 2012
I really thank God for gej presidency,honestly if obasanjo knew yaradua was going to die he would have chosen someone else.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by ifebosco: 12:23am On Feb 28, 2012
beaf   now  i  understand  you  position,i  will  not  atack  you  too  much  again  on  your  support  to  gej.my  eyes  are  more  open  and  thank  you  for  this  inside  infor.im  alittle  beat disapointed  with  sanusi,i  use  to  like  him.but  recently  his  is  going  too  ethnical  and  too  religious  in  his  job.he  should  please  stay  away  from  and  do  his  job  as  cbn. beaf  thanks  again
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by SamMilla1(m): 12:57am On Feb 28, 2012
I think GEJ should veto SNC, the nigeria we know will have a new definition. I also think we should move back to the four structures the imperialist gave us before they left. As a nation, we are not working.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by samstradam: 1:07am On Feb 28, 2012
[size=14pt] @ OP [/size]

As someone who purports to having a graduate education can you show the common decency of editing your original post and[b] properly referencing the original author and the website you culled the article from.[/b]

I'm guessing that's the least you can do after helping yourself to all this undeserved praise.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by kasperone8: 2:23am On Feb 28, 2012
Even though we will still disagree tomorrow buh this is a nice write up beaf.Welldone!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Beaf: 2:40am On Feb 28, 2012
samstradam:

[size=14pt] @ OP [/size]

As someone who purports to having a graduate education can you show the common decency of editing your original post and[b] properly referencing the original author and the website you culled the article from.[/b]

I'm guessing that's the least you can do after helping yourself to all this undeserved praise.

Thanks for the observation, I logged off NL when the thread was still on a single page and did not see the mistaken attributions.
The links to the original have always been there for all to follow, but I mistakenly ommitted the following line, because it is at the very bottom rather than at the top:

"Written By Ross Alabo-George
imaginasion@gmail.com"
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Beaf: 3:00am On Feb 28, 2012
houvest:

You can now understand the reason for Boko Haram and why they want to make the Nation ungovernable under GEJ so that they will intimidate everybody to conceed power back to them again in 2015 so that the ND oil will remain their war booty. All you that criticise GEJ can now see the cabal he is up against. He needs our moral support and constructive imputs to dethrone the status quo ante because they will do everything in the book and ouside the book, even beyond Boko Haram and including selling their souls to the devil, to frustrate it.

Precisely! The singular quote below shows them to be more liquid than the FG itself, its not an easy gang to dislodge:

I want to posit that the North-East through their aristocrats and ex-military rulers (except Gen. Mohammed Buhari) rake in more oil money (from the Niger Delta) individually than any Niger Delta state, and collectively more than twice the entire Niger Delta put together. In this disquisition, I have attempted to show that 80% of crude oil and gas produced by indigenous companies is controlled by the North-East. It is an area they have well conquered through General IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalami. However, the loots never get back home.

The FG simply does not have the sort of money these folk have and this apart from their international oil connections. With a little "change," they they can buy up the entire corrupt security apparatus and can convert their connections into tremendous international forces at the click of a finger. Anybody going head on against them will regret it.

As an aside; there is a strong lobby in the US against officially labelling boko haram a terrorist group. It takes obscenely vast sums of money to lobby the US senate. I wonder who is doing it, cos that cash is from Nigeria.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by deandavid(m): 3:48am On Feb 28, 2012
wata hell? Do u mean? As in? Oboy! Iye me o! Chai, whr were those southern generals when all these things they happen? Dem ejoh, dem tuoyo nd co, kia. God dis kind tin dy go on 4 our back yard? God pls cme nd end dis world, dis is jst 2 much to take abeg, even d USA knw abt all dis.God go hammer all of una 1 by 1.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by cfours: 3:50am On Feb 28, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

Is there any difference between the article and what Bonkole stole? What about what OBJ stole?? What about what peter odilli stole? What about what Alamiasgha stole? What about Diezene Madukwe stole/stealing?? What about what Timipreye silva stole?? Wale Tinubu stole?? Orjai kalu stole?? VictorAttah stole?? Emmanuel Udaghan is stealing? GEJ is stealing?? Namidi sambo is stealing? benga Daniel stole?? alao Akala stole ?? Godwill Apkabio is stealing?? Rabiu Musa Kwankoso is stealing?? El-rufia is stealing? Oronta Douglas is staeling? Dalhatu sarki Tafida is stealing?? Atiku Abubakar stole?? Saminu Turaki stole??  Jashua Chibi Dariye nko? Rev. Jolly Nyame??

Thank you.
99% of our politicians are corrupt. whether igbo, hausa or yoruba.
The horrible thing is the nigerian mentality of "I want a piece of the cake"
Trust the people that are complaining, only a few are sincere in their love for the country. Most are just bitter because they want to partake in destroying the country further.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by deandavid(m): 3:53am On Feb 28, 2012
come o beaf, its like u b prof. 4 Nigeria politics, nw wat can we do , wat do u suggest? Broda Watin we go do? Are u sure gej is workin 2 stop this shit. Abeg i wan do sumtin, wat do u suggest beaf?
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Jisunpack: 5:20am On Feb 28, 2012
Kill everybody in my earlier post. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .PDP can foool ediots, but not game reader like me. "My thief better is than your thief"

Tell us why Nigerians are poor!! All Nigerians poor, but Northern Nigeria is poorer.

Where did Jonathan got his campaign funds from? Can a demon cast out a demon? Bloody thieves

Ji_sun_pack:

Is there any difference between the article and what Bonkole stole? What about what OBJ stole?? What about what peter odilli stole? What about what Alamiasgha stole? What about Diezene Madukwe stole/stealing?? What about what Timipreye silva stole?? Wale Tinubu stole?? Orjai kalu stole?? VictorAttah stole?? Emmanuel Udaghan is stealing? GEJ is stealing?? Namidi sambo is stealing? benga Daniel stole?? alao Akala stole ?? Godwill Apkabio is stealing?? Rabiu Musa Kwankoso is stealing?? El-rufia is stealing? Oronta Douglas is staeling? Dalhatu sarki Tafida is stealing?? Atiku Abubakar stole?? Saminu Turaki stole?? Jashua Chibi Dariye nko? Rev. Jolly Nyame??

Boni Haruna's name was not there. What about what Ali Modu sherrif stole? What about what Bafarawa stole? ? Gorge Akume?? Olusegun Osoba?? Olusegun Agagu?? Ahmed Markarfi?? Prince Abubakar Audu?? Adamun Ciroma? Sani Zongon Daura, Femi Fani Kayode?? Babalola Borishade?? Tony Aneni(Mr. Fix it)?? Andi Uba Ifaenyi Uba?? Aminu Saleh?? Tafa Bologun?? Kenny Martins?? Adamu Aleiro?? Chimroke Mbadinuju? Chimroke Nnamani??

What about the 109 million dollars Patience Jonathan was caught with at air port?
What about the Illegal lifting of crude oil operation Patience Jonathan is directing??

How comes Sen. David Mark's name was not there, even with many oil blocks??

Why hasn't GEJ declared his asset, for us to examine his wealth??
where did GEJ got his election funds from??

What about Dahiru Mangal?? What about General Gusau??

Spare me this bullshiit!!! The only difference is that North has limited resource in the hands of few!! Shikenan!

Nigerians are indeed fools to be happy with "My thief is bigger than your thief"!!

P.S
How comes Buhari's name is not in all this? Or Tam David-West?? . . . . . . .??
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by austinsmat(m): 5:22am On Feb 28, 2012
i couldn't believe what i read is time to start revolution in this damn country better to fight and die in the process and our children enjoy it than to live in this mess with future generation God bless this country but some selfish northerners keep us in bondage time to fight for our freedom
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by 13volts(m): 5:50am On Feb 28, 2012
@poster 150,000 barrels of crude are stolen daily. This is estimated to cost the nation N2.6 billion every day. Who are stealing these barrels ?
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Jisunpack: 5:51am On Feb 28, 2012
They are complaining because most of those who commented on this thread are myopic not to see the bigger picture and intends of this this write up. To keep Nigerias divided as usual.

How much did OBJ expanded on power/electricity? 16 billion dollars without generation of single megawatt? Is he a lesser criminal?

Where did Jonathan gots his almost 250 billion naira spent on his elections?

How comes Atiku Abubakar if working a free man? He owns two 3.5 million dollar mansions in Asokoro.

David Mark mark was the chairman of abandoned property sharing commitee after the war, a position they used to fraudulently acquired Trans Amadi industrial layout in portharcourt with T.Y Danjuma, how comes his name is missing? Is he a lesser thief? (I guess he preparing to contest for presidency in 2015!

Patience Jonathan was caught with 109 million dollars at the air port, is she a "lesser" theif?

Dan Etete bought owns a 17 million euros hose in paris, is he a "small" thief?

Tony Aneni was giving 300 biliion naira to construct Benin-Ore road, as minister of works and he eat the money and people are dying on that road on daily basisi(MC. Loph and others met their untimely death on that road), Is Tony Aneni a "lesser" thief?

OBJ awarded the contract of Abuja stadium for 69 billion, while the world bank estimated the actual cost to be 19 billion naira, who stole the rest? Why are people some so foolish to be buying into what this agent of demonic PDP is selling?

Mr. Emaka Ofor was awarded the TAM turn around maintenance of refinery, he was paid upfront without doing anything, how comes his names is not there? Is he a lesser thief?

My thief is better than your thief!. Indeed

c.fours:

Thank you.
99% of our politicians are corrupt. whether igbo, hausa or yoruba.
The horrible thing is the nigerian mentality of "I want a piece of the cake"
Trust the people that are complaining, only a few are sincere in their love for the country. Most are just bitter because they want to partake in destroying the country further.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Jisunpack: 5:55am On Feb 28, 2012
well said.

austinsmat:

i couldn't believe what i read is time to start revolution in this damn country better to fight and die in the process and our children enjoy it than to live in this mess with future generation God bless this country but some selfish northerners keep us in bondage time to fight for our freedom
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by asoderock(m): 6:07am On Feb 28, 2012
It has now become clear that even the west does not give a hoot about the suffering of Nigerians, cos they knw all these, keep mute over it but would rather give peanut aid here and there,
Anywhere why would they care when they are the real benefits of the loot, cos since the money is not invested here, it is probably domiciled with their offshore banks.
They story alone if well disseminated might just be that needed trigger dat could ignite we docile Nigerians into the long awaited revolution.
And I fear the west will be on their side in the event of a revolution or conflict.
But that should not deter us.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by seyigiggle: 6:12am On Feb 28, 2012
rip yar'adua. now i understand why u gave those militant peanut as amnesty make dem 4 no spoil the biz. niger delta sory
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by oladayo042: 8:28am On Feb 28, 2012
As yet with the capacity to produce about 120,000 barrels of crude oil daily from its OBE 4 and OBE 5 wells. At current production levels, the Mai Deribes net circa N4billion monthly in crude oil sales (Using current oil price of $100pb). Cavendish Petroleum’s N4bn monthly net dwarfs the monthly statutory allocation of Borno which is about N3bn and its internally generated revenue staggers around N1billion.
Though I will never support any thieving elite, the author has painted the picture to suit the purpose of his article. The author knowingly ignored costs and kept bandying around with figures of net sales. If costs are removed from those net sales figures, the picture may not be as bad as the author wants it.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by karpentar: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2012
, no wonder indivisibility of nigeria is a popular slogan of the north.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Sagamite(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2012
If we had a sane President, he would be reviewing the awards of Oil blocks during Abacha and IBB time. But we have a cretin as President.

I have always said, REPEATEDLY, that the North has the most heartless, selfish, incompetent, greedy and backward leaders in the country. The Leaders have destroyed the region. The North in terms of development, affluence and thinking is about 60 years behind the South. The leaders I am talking about mostly populate the Arewa Consultative Forum. They are mostly a bunch of criminal cretins.

No one should change the revenue allocation formula. There are countries in Africa getting less than Northern states and operate well.

Also if you want the money to go far, stop breeding like if you have nothing else to do and then be comparing allocation per capita. Your incessant breeding is adding to the drag down of your per capita. When you are told to stop breeding like rabbits, you starting screaming Allah this, Allah that, it is the will of Allah. Well it is the will of Allah you are poor then.

All states should look at how to create a vibrant economy and stop depending on oil.

If I had the powers, I would only change revenue allocations to reward those that are developing economic growths and meeting economic targets.

Get rid of your bad political and social leaders, stop breeding like rabbits, face your education and you will find you will stop being bothered about oil revenue allocation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects N’assembly’s Peace Deal On Budget - Punch / More Photos From Hausa-igbo Clash In Jos / Governor Yahaya Bello Faces Risks Of Disqualification Over Double Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.