Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) (22575 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation / Derivation And Deprivation II: The Ill-gotten Wealth Of Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by ochibs1010(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2012
Nigeria has a total of 159 oil fields and 1481 wells
can the originator of these article give us a breakdown of who and who is controlling what oil well

you cant just list a few northerners with less than 20 wells and assume they are ripping the country.

despite the fact that i dont support what they are doing, i will prefer you list all and lets apportion the blame appropriately.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Sagamite(m): 8:56am On Feb 28, 2012
ochibs1010:

Nigeria has a total of 159 oil fields and 1481 wells
can the originator of these article give us a breakdown of who and who is controlling what oil well

you cant just list a few northerners with less than 20 wells and assume they are ripping the country.

despite the fact that i dont support what they are doing, i will prefer you list all and lets apportion the blame appropriately.

Good point.

In a sane country, that should be something publicly available.

Even if there is a company that owns one, by law the top 10 financial beneficiaries should be made publicly available for all oil wells.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2012
thank gosh this cretin didnt curse in this one.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Sagamite(m): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2012
diluminati:

thank gosh this cretin didnt curse in this one.

You are a cretin.

Fcking moronic conspiracy theory ediot!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by ow11(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^

ROTFL

@ Topic

The writer was a bit sensational with his figures. However, these northern masses need to attack their leaders. . .

* GEJ still hasn't fixed the only Federal road in his home state. 2015 would be very interesting indeed!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by harmony5(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2012
Let boko raaaams lunatics go then and bomb this mansion of the suppose crooks who in the stupid sense of their campaign should've been their
prime targets. That way their silly campaign and those of their sympathizers might be  loosely considered foooooooooooools.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by belovedaja(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2012
That is why IBB and Atiku will go to war to have nigeria/niger delta
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by idnole4(m): 9:54am On Feb 28, 2012
mmm, i see why any attempts to break up nigeria will result in a deadly war.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by ceaz4r(m): 9:56am On Feb 28, 2012
I hope no Niger-Delta person is complaining here on this. You have no right to complain or grumble. When we asked you people let's seperate from Nigeria, you were so scared that we Igbos will dominate you people, that led you into betraying us. How Cowardly & how treacherous!! Northern elits please continue! Am not even discussing the Yorubas. I dey laugh oooooo.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by kjhova(m): 10:37am On Feb 28, 2012
Obviously Nigerian youths know very little about their country. The OP's write up is a muddle of errors deliberately sensationalized to create a hightened sense of injustice. Alhaji Indimi is Kanuri from Maiduguri & not a Hausa-Fulani as purpoted by the OP. The OP's knowledge of geography and Nigeria's geo-politics appeared, at best, shallow. He kept mentioning Kano & Niger states as part of the North-East. He apparently couldn't decide if to take on the North-East or the entire Northern establishment. In spite of all the identified errors, the story is basically true in terms of existences of the various companies named as well as the ownership & line of business. But the OP still stand accused of deliberate ommission of individuals & companies of Yoruba & other origins who are equally if not more guilty of the theft in our backyard. Why mention Conoil yet fail to mention Mike Adenuga? I think the bottom line is that a thieving cabal has hijacked Nigeria for decades & this cabal cuts across every nook & cranny of the country. Any attempt by @Beaf & fellow mischief makers like him to paint a regional color to this madness is stupid and baseless. Such accusations can only help to keep Nigerian youth separated in an elite inflamed "divide & rule". Wake up Naija! The Hausa man is not your problem. He's a victim like you. He's probably more of a victim than you. Focus your strenght on our worst enemy, the ruling elite!!!!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Briareos(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2012
Anybody with a head on his neck and a primary school education will know the simple truth;

Nigeria Problems are the Leaders.

Not the Igbo struggling to make ends meet at Aba,

Or, the grown Hausa man hawking sweets and chewing gum in the street or the one making Suya at our campuses.

And it is not the Yoruba toiling day and night in his farm.

The Elites and the leaders are the problem.

Ever wonder why the NASS never make chairs fly when it comes to creating bogus allowance for themselves?

We need to identify who the real enemy is. But bigotism and tribalism has blinded most of us to this simple truth.

And the elites are using it against us while they are laughing at us and eating from the same pot.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by ochibs1010(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
kj_hova:

Obviously Nigerian youths know very little about their country. The OP's write up is a muddle of errors deliberately sensationalized to create a hightened sense of injustice. Alhaji Indimi is Kanuri from Maiduguri & not a Hausa-Fulani as purpoted by the OP. The OP's knowledge of geography and Nigeria's geo-politics appeared, at best, shallow. He kept mentioning Kano & Niger states as part of the North-East. He apparently couldn't decide if to take on the North-East or the entire Northern establishment. In spite of all the identified errors, the story is basically true in terms of existences of the various companies named as well as the ownership & line of business. But the OP still stand accused of deliberate ommission of individuals & companies of Yoruba & other origins who are equally if not more guilty of the theft in our backyard. Why mention Conoil yet fail to mention Mike Adenuga? I think the bottom line is that a thieving cabal has hijacked Nigeria for decades & this cabal cuts across every nook & cranny of the country. Any attempt by @Beaf & fellow mischief makers like him to paint a regional color to this madness is silly and baseless. Such accusations can only help to keep Nigerian youth separated in an elite inflamed "divide & rule". Wake up Naija! The Hausa man is not your problem. He's a victim like you. He's probably more of a victim than you. Focus your strenght on our worst enemy, the ruling elite!!!!

thank you.
when we all know that 64% of the oil wells which constitute about 88 oils wells are viable with commercial quantities, yet you point accusing fingers at less than 20 oil wells controlled by some few northern elites.

who is fooling who??
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Samar1: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
Our leaders are rubbish
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Beaf: 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
ochibs1010:

thank you.
when we all know that 64% of the oil wells which constitute about 88 oils wells are viable with commercial quantities, yet you point accusing fingers at less than 20 oil wells controlled by some few northern elites.

who is fooling who??

The author has already told you who owns 80% of Nigeria's ingeniously owned oil wells. He provided hard facts; names, companies, even barrels per day. All you have going for your argument is no more than sentiments.

Figures, data, names, sir! That's all we wanna hear, not your sentiments.

Moreover, nobody has denied that the mansion in question was built with oil money; a house built with gold plated walls, while millions of severely abused kids (almajiri's) roam the face of the core-North. Such opulence from the elite, while the common man lives a bestial existence and his governor asks for yet more oil money.

However, the most glaring thing missing from your argument is context. For the context to sink in, you need to read the article again.

What has been acheived with oil money so far in the North aside from marble tables and goldplated handrails? Yes, all the while groundnut pyramids vanish into thin air, the people are deliberately kept illiterate and in levels of abject poverty that would bring tears to the eyes of Lucifer himself. Yet, the governors have the courage to demand more oil money and Sanusi has the temerity to blame boko haram on the 13% derivation to the oil producing states.
The question is: why is the North so poor amidst such control of the oil industry? They have sold the country to themselves, so why the underdevelopment, disease and poverty?

Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Beaf: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
I want to posit that the North-East through their aristocrats and ex-military rulers (except Gen. Mohammed Buhari) [size=14pt]rake in more oil money (from the Niger Delta) individually than any Niger Delta state, and collectively more than twice the entire Niger Delta put together.[/size] In this disquisition, I have attempted to show that 80% of crude oil and gas produced by indigenous companies is controlled by the North-East. It is an area they have well conquered through General IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalami.[size=14pt] However, the loots never get back home[/size].

With the above, why is the North still poor and why the demand for more oil money? It is obvious where the money is going.
Aside Governor Lamido, you would be hard pressed to find any core-Northern governor that can give even the most rudimentary account of development.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/582610_alj_harem_jpgdc120a495c49e98c4b70d5819c0737d9
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Sagamite(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
ochibs1010:

thank you.

who is fooling who??

Don't come to your conclusions early. Because he listed some Northerners does not mean that is the exhaustive list of Northerners with oil wells. We don't know.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Agimor(m): 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
Those pics are explosive sha.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by jaybee(f): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
kj_hova:

Obviously Nigerian youths know very little about their country. The OP's write up is a muddle of errors deliberately sensationalized to create a hightened sense of injustice. Alhaji Indimi is Kanuri from Maiduguri & not a Hausa-Fulani as purpoted by the OP. The OP's knowledge of geography and Nigeria's geo-politics appeared, at best, shallow. He kept mentioning Kano & Niger states as part of the North-East. He apparently couldn't decide if to take on the North-East or the entire Northern establishment. In spite of all the identified errors, the story is basically true in terms of existences of the various companies named as well as the ownership & line of business. But the OP still stand accused of deliberate ommission of individuals & companies of Yoruba & other origins who are equally if not more guilty of the theft in our backyard. Why mention Conoil yet fail to mention Mike Adenuga? I think the bottom line is that a thieving cabal has hijacked Nigeria for decades & this cabal cuts across every nook & cranny of the country. Any attempt by @Beaf & fellow mischief makers like him to paint a regional color to this madness is silly and baseless. Such accusations can only help to keep Nigerian youth separated in an elite inflamed "divide & rule". Wake up Naija! The Hausa man is not your problem. He's a victim like you. He's probably more of a victim than you. Focus your strenght on our worst enemy, the ruling elite!!!!

i guess i'm not impressed by the myopic, incoherent, and totally nonsensical views of most posts in this thread. the OP must have once again record a temporary success  in his mischief campaign against the north and northern elements.

i have lived in almost all regions of Nigeria except the north east. i am not convinced that the north is poor while the south is rich; whatever that means.

my observation is that there are rich people in the north as well as in the south; there are poor people in the south as there are poor people in the north. there are thieves in the north just as there are thieves in the south; there are a few good people in the south and there are few good people in the north.

Nigeria is a weak country with weak leadership and docile followership; thieving leadership and clapping followership. weak traditional institutions, weak administrative institutions, weak judicial institutions, weak political institutions.  exploitative leadership and defending followership. actively religious people yet morally weak people.

what good can we expect from this pathetis scenario?
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by jaybee(f): 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
Does it mean nobody is rich in nigeria by a dint of his/her hardwork ?
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by coogar: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2012
jaybee:

Does it mean nobody is rich in nigeria by a dint of his/her hardwork ?

no one is. . . . .
the system is corrupt, every nigerian has bribed or motivated someone in office to gain an undue advantage!
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by noiseless: 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
[The headline should have read how the north with her military generals violated nigeria and nigerians to death. Nothing more to say.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by icez: 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
ochibs1010:

thank you.

who is fooling who??

Are you on drugs. angry What a stupid statement.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by icez: 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
kj_hova:

You r silly. angry
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by pazienza(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2012
Well,they(niger delta) should be okay,at least the 'bogey man' is not the one controlling the oil,that should at least be comforting.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by auwal87(m): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
One truth is they are doing their legal business like any other Nigerian.

Though they are guilty of not helping their community.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by olapluto(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
auwal87:

[/quote
auwal87 link=topic=881188.msg10294168#msg10294168 date=1330455427:

You will need to redefine the word 'legal'.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Sagamite(m): 9:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
auwal87:

Believe me, no one is doing a legal business if he is a billionaire or multi-millionaire in hundreds without any structured company that is employing a lot of professional employees.

People like that are just connected, underhand crooks getting dubious contracts.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Kilode1: 6:37am On Feb 29, 2012
ilugunboy:

Yes I know, I schooled in Unimaid. . . . .funny things we were much brighter than their kids back them in school. . . .though they dont need the certificate anyway as they all ended in the family business.

BTW . . . .Indimi is a Kanuri from Maiduguri and not as erroneously posted in the article as coming from Niger. His house occupies acres and acres of land.

Ever heard of M&W Pumps? The M stands for Mohammed (Indimi) while the W stands for Williams (Bush). The families are long time business partners.

Hmm. Are you speaking of the M&W pumps referenced in the story below?

I know it's little bit disjointed but it's hard not to believe these people are capable of these corrupt deals.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x40400

Reading about the escapades of Neil Bush in his quest for intimate fulfillment in Asia yesterday (NY Post report on his divorce deposition)I remembered something I read quite a while ago NOT involving Silverado S&L. What I've found this morning is pretty chilling, and I hope the information here is not too disjointed. Some took a long time to find, much popped up like a daisy seedling. And a lot of good people have written about Neil and Jeb, but all of a sudden, I began to connect the dots, and the Continent of Africa, Jeb, Neil, and the President are linked like a fence on the back 40.

Jeb Bush was approached in 1985 by Miguel Recarey Jr., owner of Miami-based International Medical Centers, a large health maintenance organization. Recarey said he needed an office building, but he also complained to Bush about the Department of Health and Human Services' tightening Medicare rules, which threatened to cut into IMC's profits.

Recarey asked Jeb Bush to call a Medicare official who had worked on George Bush's campaigns. Jeb Bush agreed to call to urge "fair treatment" for Recarey, but denies seeking special favors. Recarey paid Bush's real estate company $75,000, a fee some say was payment for Bush's intervention. Bush says it was for his real estate work. IMC never picked a building shown by Bush. (Bush has since said he wasn't aware that Recarey already had an arrest record and spent 30 days in jail in 1973 for income tax evasion.)

IMC was shut down by regulators in 1987 because it was insolvent. At least $200-million in Medicare money was missing. Recarey was convicted on various charges, but he fled the country. More than 10 years later, Recarey remains on the FBI's list of international fugitives wanted for fraud and bribery.

[b]MWI Corporation of Florida, in which Jeb Bush was once a partner and Neil Bush did the footwork for, is in court over allegations of bribery in selling water pumps in Nigeria. MWI is trying to seal all kinds of records, including many covering Neil and Jeb's involvement.

The Justice Department filed a civil complaint against MWI and Eller (David Eller, a Broward County Republican fund-raiser), saying they improperly funneled one third of the $74-million to a Nigerian agent as commission money. In turn, the complaint says, the agent and other company officials paid Nigerian government officials who then bought MWI pumps. The federal complaint also says that Eller twice flew suitcases of cash to offshore tax havens to hide his assets.

Bush got reacquainted with David Eller, owner of M&W Pump (now MWI Corporation), a Deerfield Beach water pump company, who was tapped by then-Gov. Bob Martinez for the state lottery commission. He and Eller formed Bush-El Corp. in 1988 to market M&W's irrigation and flood control pumps. Bush went to Nigeria, where he pledged his father would increase aid to developing countries, according to Nigerian press reports. The company relied on pump sales financed by U.S.-backed loans when President Bush was in the White House. In 1989, Jeb Bush and his wife traveled to Nigeria with a executives of M&W Pump. Jeb and Columba Bush were received by Nigerian President Ibrahim Babangida and celebrated by tens of thousands of Nigerians who turned out to see the son of the U.S. president. President Babangida expressed his interest in visiting the White House -- a request Jeb promised to pass along to his father -- and by 1992 the Florida pump company had secured $74 million in financing from the Export-Import Bank of the United States. It was by far the largest Ex-Im deal M&W had ever done in Nigeria -- a country Ex-Im loan officers considered a bad risk.

One lingering question about the pump sales in Nigeria: Did Bush use his political connections to line up U.S. backed loans needed to finance Nigeria's pump purchases? The sales depended on $74-million in loans from the federally backed Export-Import Bank of the United States. Eller in a written statement, said Neil Bush coordinated private financing, which fell through. But he contends Bush didn't have anything to do with getting the U.S.-backed loans. Nigeria has yet to repay most of the loans. If they fail to repay them, U.S. taxpayers foot the bill. [/b]

Neil Bush said his commissions from Bush-El came from work in countries that didn't use U.S.-backed loans. But Bush-El has been sued by Robert Purcell, a former vice president of M&W, who alleges he was cheated out of $1-million because profits were diverted to the Bush-Eller partnership. Bush invested no money in Bush-El. His total proceeds: $648,250. Eller and his family also gave the state GOP $25,280 in August and chipped in $5,250 to the Bush campaign.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Kilode1: 6:46am On Feb 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Believe me, no one is doing a legal business if he is a billionaire or multi-millionaire in hundreds without any structured company that is employing a lot of professional employees.

People like that are just connected, underhand crooks getting dubious contracts.

You dey mind them?

Legal business for where?? As if it's that easy to build a multimillion dollar company from scratch. Even Danjuma is forming legal, donating money like father Christmas, possibly to mend his corrupt soul.

Is it that easy? Even to rent a ship you'll need massive financing plus insurance premiums, talkess of buying one. Yet he claimed he became rich through his shipping business after retiring as a General at age 40??
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Sagamite(m): 9:43am On Feb 29, 2012
Kilode?!:

You dey mind them?

Legal business for where?? As if it's that easy to build a multimillion dollar company from scratch. Even Danjuma is forming legal, donating money like father Christmas, possibly to mend his corrupt soul.

Is it that easy? Even to rent a ship you'll need massive financing plus insurance premiums, talkess of buying one. Yet he claimed he became rich through his shipping business after retiring as a General at age 40??

I have a friend that used to work with one of the oil firms in Supply Chain and they had to select a supplier some years ago for some oil activity that involved a huge contract running into millions of dollars. He just got promoted to his role and he was responsible for reviewing bidders and recommending. One of the bidding consortium had Danjuma as a key stakeholder, and right before he was suppose to make his decision, he got a call on his cellphone from Danjuma telling him he should not make a mistake and should select his bid. He did not know how the man got his number. My friend being a strong head said sarcastically "why", then Danjuma started telling him the normal (calmly though) "Do you know who I am in Nigeria?" "Do you know who I am connected with in this country". My friend said Danjuma was not rude or threatening but that he wanted to use his position to force an inferior and overtly expensive bid. My friend just played more sarcasm and said "No, I don't know who you are. Maybe you need to introduce yourself more." When Danjuma saw that this guy was not shaken by his name, he dropped the phone.

My friend said within 10 minutes of the end of the phonecall, he had his Nigerian Divisional Head opening his office door and giving him a deep look and saying "What do you think you are doing"? When he asked "What do you mean"? The man just looked at him sternly, sighed and closed the door. It was a signal that a lot of people had cuts to make from the deal without the Oyinbo owners of the company knowing. It was Danjuma's consortia that was selected in the end.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Kilode1: 1:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
^
Thanks for sharing Sagamite. You see, another thing a lot of people don't realize is that the corruption is not limited to public officials. People like Danjuma and the greedy oil chiefs mentioned here are part of a larger cartel that includes elected officials, top civil servants and of course private cartel business men.

It's a stinking house of dirty dealings bringing nothing but poverty to Nigeria.
Re: Explosive! Deprivation & Derivation Principles: Why The North Is Poor (i) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
My aunt  me told how how she and her husband  met an Hausa man (related to one of our politicians) when she was schooling in America a long time ago. While they were struggling to support themselves in school, Hausa man was getting thousands of dollars sent to his acct every month, living in a $3k+ apartment. She told me how she vexed o. Even before the man graduated, job was awaiting him in one of Nigeria's oil sectors.

Nigeria's money is being chopped mainly by the North and corrupt Southern elites. Most the North, but not just the North sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah: We Lost 1000 People, 2 Million Cows In Taraba / Mace Theft: DPO Of National Assembly Transfered To Yobe Over Arrest Of Suspects. / Rabiu Sulaiman Bichi Decamps To APC After Supreme Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.