Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Africa Slow Progress In Human Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa Slow Progress In Human Development (3343 Views)

Human Development Indices In North Poorest – Osinbajo / Human Development Index: Who Is Marginalised? / GEJ On The Improved Human Development Index In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by EzeUche(m): 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
Africa slow progress in human development

For some African countries, there is cheery news in the 2011 Human Development Report. Published by the UN Development Programme (UNDP), it ranks countries according to three measures of human development: life expectancy, education and income.

In both Kenya and Nigeria extreme poverty has declined due to improvements in water, sanitation, health and other living standards, while Ghana has made steady progress and is now ranked as having medium human development.

The report notes that according to the Human Development Index (HDI, a composite of the three measures), the countries in the lowest 25 per cent of the rankings (including many African countries) improved their status by 82 per cent between 1970 and 2010, twice the average gain worldwide.

"If the pace of improvement over the past 40 years were to be continued for the next 40, the great majority of countries would achieve HDI levels by 2050 equal to or better than those now enjoyed only by the top 25 per cent in today's HDI rankings," says the report.

Norway, Australia, the Netherlands, US and New Zealand lead in the global index. The report ranks Libya, at 64, as the highest among African countries. It is followed by Mauritius at 77 and Tunisia at 94. Egypt comes in at 113, South Africa at 123 and Nigeria at 159. The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is ranked at 187, the very last, and nine other African countries round out the bottom 10.

The report acknowledges that even though a number of African countries have made progress, they still "suffer from inadequate incomes, limited schooling opportunities and life expectancies far below world averages due in great part to deaths from preventable diseases such as malaria and AIDS."

The poor showing by some sub-Saharan countries results in part from a legacy of armed conflict, as in the DRC and Liberia. And progress in poor countries may be reversed by mid-century if efforts are not made to deal with climate change, environmental damage and inequalities, the report notes.

The Gender Inequality Index, a recently introduced indicator, lowered the rankings for some African countries, including the Central African Republic, Chad, DRC, Liberia, Mali, Niger and Sierra Leone, all among the ten least equitable countries. "In sub-Saharan Africa the biggest losses arise from gender disparities in education and from high mortality and the adolescent fertility rate."

The Multidimensional Poverty Index, which examines factors such as access to clean water, cooking fuel and health services (not just income measurements), ranks Niger as having the highest share of poor, followed by Ethiopia and Mali.

The 2011 report covers an unprecedented 187 countries, up from 169 in 2010. This means that the results for 2011 are not comparable to the previous year's figures, the report notes.

http://theafricareport.com/index.php/2012022151709102/columns/africa-slow-progress-in-human-development-51709102.html
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 3:17am On Feb 28, 2012
More like no progress! cry
Real gender inequality index!
Women are reaaaaally suffering in Africa!
Chei!!!!! cry
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 3:24am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^ sharap! its your brothers almjiris that put us in 159 position but you are in america enjoying God's own country and will always come here to insult igbos. onyera
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 3:37am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^
You nor day shame? cheesy
All the Igbo men killing women in America learned from my darling Norrhern brodas huh?

Munching on my Girl's Scout cookies!
Boy! These cookies are gooooooood!!!! cool

God bless America jare!
Where women have PAWA!!!! cool
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

^^^ sharap! its your brothers almjiris that put us in 159 position but you are in america enjoying God's own country and will always come here to insult igbos. onyera

Get yourself educated please. The daiily killing of individuals in the south as well helps in maintaining the country down where it is on that list. I know it is typical for people to pretend that the problem is REMOVED from their location or ethnicity. You mention poverty and some immediately assume only almajiri's are poor, and no one in the south lives on less than a dollar a day, even after so many Nigerian organizations have come out to announce that the problem is just as bad in the south in the south as it is in the North. Some even pretend that there are no poor people in the south, claiming that ALL people in the south own generators and so cannot be poor. If that is not bubble-brained retort to the records on this provided, I don't know what else would qualify.

Of about 50,000 Nigerians who have been reported killed by some reports in the last 12 years, a large number where killed in the south and their deaths gone UN-INVESTIGATED.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 3:43am On Feb 28, 2012
Gbam!
cheesy
Gang don land!!!!
cheesy
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 3:46am On Feb 28, 2012
^^ onyera,

@kobo soooo?    wetin be your own?
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Kobojunkie: 3:51am On Feb 28, 2012
ah, I see. You were playing the typical "DENY WHAT I KNOW AND THE PROBLEMS WILL MAGICALLY GO AWAY" game that majority of Nigerians play, right? Ok, continue.

For those who do not yet know by now . . . . [size=14pt]IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS[/size] . . .  the belief that it is , is about the very reason why Africa, the richest continent resource wise, remains the poorest in the world, and the people, the most poorly treated humans/races in the world.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 3:59am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^you can say that again and again but dont forget to add yourself in the league.

lol, pls read most of your comments on nl (atleast about igbo)out to yourself and stop pointing fingers.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:02am On Feb 28, 2012
What brought Igbo matter to this thread now? undecided
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Kobojunkie: 4:03am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

^^^you can say that again and again but dont forget to add yourself in the league.

lol, pls read most of your comments on nl (atleast about igbo)out to yourself and stop pointing fingers.
I am sorry, are you missing your medication or something? Someone don wash hand for your head or wetin??  undecided undecided undecided undecided

What has Ibo to do with this now? You are the one who attempted to accuse the Hausas of the low index and I explained yet again that this problem has little to do with ethnicity since everyone almost equally contributes to the problem. Abi na lack of basic comprehension skills dey do you?
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by BlackPikiN(m): 4:14am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^^I know no say u get bad mouth to wash that thing so. lol

Suya and Guiness stout dey by my side now.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 28, 2012
@kobo thats why i asked you wetin be your own? I wasnt even talking to you. I was talking to the hausa girl here that insults igbo but you came preaching about ignorance as your own no worst!

@lasino, this is nl, you have bn insulting igbos in other thread and damn have the right to attack you wherever and when i want! its my freedom fool!

moreover this thread is about HDI , HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX. we all know the ppl that put us in that position if you hate what i just said both of you can come suck my d.i.c.k
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 4:19am On Feb 28, 2012
and it is lie to say that every body contribute equally to the problem!

goodnight!
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

@kobo thats why i asked you wetin be your own? I wasnt even talking to you. I was talking to the hausa girl here that insults igbo but you came preaching about ignorance as your own no worst!
moreover[b] this thread is about HDI , HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX. we all know the ppl that put us in that position if you hate what i just said both[/b] of you can come suck my d.i.c.k

Sorry, village tout, what you have above does not compare with reality.That is why I felt it was my duty to CORRECT this misguided notion of yours that seems to be shared by many others who  bu ara si na ulo fu ta . . .  I don't hate people as you so easily do, what I hate is IGNORANCE that eats away at the brains of otherwise complete human beings with potential to think more intelligently than they chose to.

again . . .
Kobojunkie:

Get yourself educated please. The daiily killing of individuals in the south as well helps in maintaining the country down where it is on that list. I know it is typical for people to pretend that the problem is REMOVED from their location or ethnicity. You mention poverty and some immediately assume only almajiri's are poor, and no one in the south lives on less than a dollar a day, even after so many Nigerian organizations have come out to announce that the problem is just as bad in the south in the south as it is in the North. Some even pretend that there are no poor people in the south, claiming that ALL people in the south own generators and so cannot be poor. If that is not bubble-brained retort to the records on this provided, I don't know what else would qualify.

Of about 50,000 Nigerians who have been reported killed by some reports in the last 12 years, a large number where killed in the south and their deaths gone UN-INVESTIGATED.

World Report 2011: Nigeria, for those who think they can make this an ethnic game of some kind.

http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2011/nigeria
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:20am On Feb 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry, are you missing your medication or something? Someone don wash hand for your head or wetin??  undecided undecided undecided undecided

What has Ibo to do with this now? You are the one who attempted to accuse the Hausas of the low index and I explained yet again that this problem has little to do with ethnicity since everyone almost equally contributes to the problem. Abi na lack of basic comprehension skills dey do you?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
Obviously this post was meant for another thread.
Who forgot to take the medication again? grin
Confused psycophantic ofemanumanu biatch! kiss
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:25am On Feb 28, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Oh!
Na Ekitii-Ijebu Voodoodolls dey parade this night?
Okoro-Yoruba frustrated old cargos on rampage?
Not interested!
Oya! Tinubu harlots can proceed! grin
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:31am On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

More like no progress! cry
Real gender inequality index!
Women are reaaaaally suffering in Africa!
Chei!!!!! cry

My first post on this thread. No mention of anything relating to any tribe of Nigeria o! cheesy

Toaskarity:

Hausa vs Igbo enters the thread.

Lasinoh:

^^^
You nor day shame? cheesy
All the Igbo men killing women in America learned from my darling Northern brodas huh?

Munching on my Girl's Scout cookies!
Boy! These cookies are gooooooood!!!! cool

God bless America jare!

Where women have PAWA!!!! cool

My reply to that.

Kobojunkie:

I am sorry, are you missing your medication or something? Someone don wash hand for your head or wetin??  undecided undecided undecided undecided

What has Ibo to do with this now? You are the one who attempted to accuse the Hausas of the low index and I explained yet
again that this problem has little to do with ethnicity since everyone almost equally contributes to the problem. Abi na lack of basic comprehension skills dey do you?

Then this one.
O risi risi!!!!
Mu he he he he he he he

BlackPikiN:

Here comes the cheer leader wey not fit 'wash im dorty dross' by imsef! grin
Thread derailed as usual with the Okoro-Ngbatic dunder-heads of NL.
Mu he he he he he he
Free show!
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sorry, village tout, what you have above does not compare with reality.That is why I felt it was my duty to CORRECT this misguided notion of yours that seems to be shared by many others who  bu ara si na ulo fu ta . . .  I don't hate people as you so easily do, what I hate is IGNORANCE that eats away at the brains of otherwise complete human beings with potential to think more intelligen http://www.hrw.org/world-report-2011/nigeria
OMG! you!!!!! of all people chai!!! lol you really want to decieve someone tonight! I wonder who's second in that after ileke.

what is the reality? probably you know nothing on ground talkmore of educating yourself.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:38am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

@lasino, this is nl, you have bn insulting igbos in other thread and damn have the right to attack you wherever and when i want! its my freedom fool!

Please, enjoy your freedom.
I ain't gat your time. kiss
I don't do gangs of cyber nonentities.
Thank you. kiss

Goodluck with you and your 'Ileketi Ijebu' Tinubu harlots maquereading with their 'shared handles' looking for rofo-rofo on this thread!
Mwah. grin
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

OMG! you!!!!! of all people chai!!! lol you really want to decieve someone tonight! I wonder who's second in that after ileke.

what is the reality? probably you know nothing on ground talkmore of educating yourself.

Wow  . . . you really are slow, aren't you? How can I hate someone that I have never met and whose life does not directly, or indirectly impact mine?
I cannot hate the next man for his skin color, race, religion or upbringing. I can definitely tell him my opinion on his actions and how I feel about it but not sure how that would constitute hate for people like you.

Now to what irks me even more about your claim above . . . are you sure you are male cause I so do not like other males who try to play the "African Woman" gossip game. I do not engage in that in my life and I steer clear of people who do as something about that just seems so depraved, and immature to me

Not that it matters. . . . please stop the desperate attempts to derail the thread. If you have nothing useful to add, please exit so those who are at least educated can discuss the issue.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by BlackPikiN(m): 4:42am On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

My first post on this thread. Mention of anything relating to any tribe of Nigeria o! cheesy

Hausa vs Igbo enters the thread.

My reply to that.

Then this one.
O risi risi!!!!

Mu he he he he he he he

Here comes the cheer leader wey not fit 'wash im dorty dross' by imsef! grin
Thread derailed as usual with the Okoro-Ngbatic dunder-heads of NL.
Mu he he he he he he
Free show!

Abeg, spare me your long boring epistle.
I no fit shout.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by igbaodun: 4:44am On Feb 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Wow  . . . you really are slow, aren't you? How can I hate someone that I have never met and whose life does not directly, or indirectly impact mine?
I cannot hate the next man for his skin color, race, religion or upbringing. I can definitely tell him my opinion on his actions and how I feel about it but not sure how that would constitute hate for people like you.

Now to what irks me even more about your claim above . . . [size=18pt]are you sure you are male cause I so do not like other males who try to play the "African Woman" gossip game[/size]. I do not engage in that in my life and I steer clear of people who do as something about that just seems so depraved, and immature to me

Not that it matters. . . . please stop the desperate attempts to derail the thread. If you have nothing useful to add, please exit so those who are at least educated can discuss the issue.

SO Kobojunkie is a dycksonian . . . Egbele ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Wey gay Ekt Bear wey wan suck Kobojinkie dyck
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 4:47am On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

Please, enjoy your freedom.
I ain't gat your time. kiss
I don't do gangs of cyber nonentities.
Thank you. kiss

Goodluck with you and your 'Ileketi Ijebu' Tinubu harlots maquereading with their 'shared handles' looking for rofo-rofo on this thread!
Mwah. grin

yes thank you and good luck with your ashawo job on street of tx, you know what would have happened to you if you are doing same job in one of those your pweety kano state, anyway your sisters there must have alert you.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:52am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

yes thank you and good luck with your ashawo job on street of tx, you know what would have happened to you if you are doing same job in one of those your pweety kano state, anyway your sisters there must have alert you.

Please, stick to the topic.
You should be mourning Ojukwu not picking fights on NL.
Abi your brain dey for Ojukwu golden casket? grin
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 4:55am On Feb 28, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Abeg, spare me your long boring epistle.
I no fit shout.

You don taya to write your own? grin
Local Mgbeke! kiss

You all must be seeking some cheap entertainment tonight.
Poor things. cheesy
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by igbaodun: 4:57am On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

Please, stick to the topic.
You should be mourning Ojukwu not picking fights on NL.
Abi your brain dey for Ojukwu golden casket? grin

He is only acting true to Ojukwus character. Remember Ojukwu was a fake warrior in RL.  How better to immortalize his greatness than picking fights on his burial ground?
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 28, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Wow  . . . you really are slow, aren't you? How can I hate someone that I have never met and whose life does not directly, or indirectly impact mine? I cannot hate the next man for his skin color, race, religion or upbringing. I can definitely tell him my opinion on his actions and how I feel about it but not sure how that would constitute hate for people like you. Now to what irks me even more about your claim above . . . are you sure you are male cause I so do not like other males who try to play the "African Woman" gossip game. I do not engage in that in my life and I steer clear of people who do as something about that just seems so depraved, and immature to me Not that it matters. . . . please stop the desperate attempts to derail the thread. If you have nothing useful to add, please exit so those who are at least educated can discuss the issue.

you keep trying to confuse some readers with your sermon tonight but its a fo.o.l that just registered on Nl will be confused , long term guys wont!  gossip! with who? you! eew!
so all you do in ohio is to gossip and spend the rest of the day on Nl,  like I said you know nothing about reality and moreover I wasnt referring to you atfirst, you really in need of that lasino huh?
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by igbaodun: 5:01am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^

Kobojunkie is a roundabouter; always shifting the goal post. Best to ignore him.
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Lasinoh: 5:01am On Feb 28, 2012
Bi polar peeps don take over this thread o!
Kei!

What exactly is the problem here? cheesy
Mu he he he he he he
E badu belle and e jolosi nor dey quench finish for NL I swear.
Abi una tink say I be Ibori? grin
Please, where is my mugshot o!
I wanno go to Brixton jail!!! grin
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by igbaodun: 5:03am On Feb 28, 2012
Lasinoh:

Bi polar peeps don take over this thread o!
Kei!

What exactly is the problem here? cheesy
Mu he he he he he he
E badu belle and e jolosi nor dey quench finish for NL I swear.
Abi una tink say I be Ibori? grin

Sup Blazay, long time no p/u/s/s/y, how life for Texas?lol
Re: Africa Slow Progress In Human Development by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Feb 28, 2012
Toaskarity:

you keep trying to confuse some readers with your sermon tonight but its a fo.o.l that just registered on Nl will be confused , long term guys wont!  gossip! with who? you! eew!
so all you do in ohio is to gossip and spend the rest of the day on Nl,  like I said you know nothing about reality and moreover I wasnt referring to you atfirst, you really in need of that lasino huh?

Seriously go take your meds. You don't seem connected with reality or even this thread cause you sound more and more incoherent with each post.

You are the one who tried to gossip by introducing ileke-idi's name into this debate and suggesting that I hate her. I only told you straight that I don't do gossip and I hate when men try to emulate African women gossip-wise, something you seem well comfortable with there.

No be by force to post on this thread . . .again . . . .
Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (Reply)

America Opens Its Doors For Igbo And Hausa Speakers, Why? / Gov. Liyel Imoke Of Cross River Sets To Join APC. / What Is The Meaning Of All (this Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.