Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 (24650 Views)

BIAFRA: A Facebook Post By An Ibo And How People Reacted (screenshots) / . / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Dede1(m): 10:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

And yet another IGBO BIAFRA Thread. . .

Fact: Biafra lost the war. No brainer Glad you are man enough to admit this.

Fact: Ojukwu ran away to Ivory Coast by Night. Mor0n!!  In war there is a tactical withdrawal There is a sharp contrast between a dog fleeing with its tail between its leg and a tactical withdrawal. Americans leaving Somalia after two black hawk helicopters were shot down in combat is a tactical withdrawal. Ojukwu running away by night disguised as a woman is called Chickening out/bitching out

Fact: Ojukwu starved Biafrans by giving the Food Aids to the soldiers and not to civilians. This is Fool’s delight. Conjecture at best Well, this has been proven by many Biafran survivors. Your daddy just wont tell you this part of the story because Ojukwu just has to be superman in his tales.

Fact: Black Scorpion killed over a trailer load of Ndi Igbos so he (representing Yorubas) cant be a coward. Black Scorpion was one of loudmouthed junks that fought the war.  He was never in any battles talk less of killing Biafran soldier. In Ubani (Bonny his wife’s home town), 15th brigade under Akinrinade was almost destroyed by Biafran 8th Battalion under Kalu. Akinrinade wounded and was served by the guns of NNS Lokoja under Soroh. Your account of the story is only told by MASSOB agents to their kids. Every other historian all say different.

Fact: The Biafran seccession wasnt an act of self-defense but one borne out of pride, selfishness and greed. Anybody who saw the attack at Gerkam, Obollo Afor and Enugu Ezike would beg to decline. Once more sir, all is fair in war. Hence you should never even start one.

Fact: Ojukwu knew he wasnt prepared for war yet forged ahead and that act led to the death of over 20,000 Ndi Igbos. This is a nonsensical conjuncture borne out of inherent stupidity. Gowon and Nigeria were not prepared for the war talk less a region which was visited with aggression by Nigeria. But then again, Nigeria had the upper hand and Ojukwu knew this as was evidenced in the minutes of the Aburi conference that Nigeria had been stockpiling arms and ammunitions for months and also the fact that the northeners constituted the bulk of the armys junior ranks, plus they had the advantage of foreign allies.

Fact: The Yorubas did the wise thing by not forcing themselves into a war that they knew they could not win. The decision made by the Yoruba in joining in the war with northern region of Nigeria shall live after them. Your response is a thought Biafran apologists use to pacify and put themselves to sleep at night.

Fact: The Igbos might be industrous, but their isnt one Igbo man on the TOP 10 richest Nigerian/Nigerian businesses List. Idiotic mor0n such as you forgot Ndigbo, while fighting a war of survival, Yoruba, Hausa. Kanuri and Fulani usurped the position of the Ndigbo in cesspit called Nigeria. However, Ndigbo are known to have “never say die” attitude.   What war of survival?! Who was after you?!

Fact: Biafran apologists are cry babies that can never be pacified and so should be ignored. You have to ignore Igbo grievances at your peril. Its been ignored since 1970 and aint shi't happened.

Fact: Dede1 is a member of the Igbo Terrorist group BIKO HARAM. No, Dede1 belongs wise Igbo group which intends to see to the disintegration of the jungle called Nigeria. Wishful thinking. If wishes were horses, Biafra would be a stable

Fact: The Pogrom was as a result of the January 1966 Nzeogwu led coup which was widely believed to be an IGBO COUP. Which of the pogroms If I may ask, ponk? There only ever been one. Not all riots up North are Pogroms. Same way you claim when Boko haram bombs a mosque on a Friday, they are targeting Muslim Igbos. . .

Fact: Biafra didnt lose the war because of Awolowo, but because they were outclasses strategically. Of course, Awolowo and strategy were the reasons Biafra lost the war. I shall give half mark for this revelation, junkyard dog. Good boy. Admiting defeat is your first step to healing and reconcilation  cool

Fact: Ojukwu never believed in the Biafran cause enough to die in the pursuit of it, thats why no other militant Igbo group has risen since 1970. Ojukwu believed in Biafra that was the reason behind his tactical withdrawal. Once again, refer to FACT no. 2

Fact: Biafra is old news. Again, Biafra is a enigma. Says Biafran apologists like MASSOB

Fact: The ABURI ACCORD is obsolete in this day and time. Yet the mor0ons all over the jungle called Nigeria are calling on the principles agreed on Aburi, Ghana. I guess by mor0ns, you are refering to MASSOB and other affiliate m0rons like Ohaneze, Bakassi Boys, BZM and Dede1's peoples club

Fact: Igbos never showed Ojukwu the same love they are showing him in death when he was alive. Ndigbo have always shown the love they are showing Oujkwu in death even when he strayed. Remember that Ndigbo are said not have Kings. The love as evidenced in his not getting the peoples vote in 1983, as witnessed by Igwe Nwokedi in London and as testified by his wife Bianca

Fact: Ohaneze, Biafra and Massob abondoned Ojukwu on his death bed in London as testified by Igwe Nwokedi and his wife Bianca Ojukwu nee Onoh. I guess stupidity can not be fixed as evidenced by this statement Is that your defence?!I have always known you to be an orator who can spin garbage to appear like fools gold and thats all you have?!  cry

Fact: I am an Igbo man. You could be an Igbo but first grade efulefu. I recommend a DNA test on you. Blood taken, tested, confirmed and verified by reputable forensic laboratories around the world tha I Okija Juju is a bonafide Anambra man from the tribe of Nri (the ancestral home of all Igbos.) Now bow to royalty, you commoner. .  cool

Fact: Some Biafran douche-bags would insult me for telling them the bitter truth. I guess it takes one useless douche-bag to recognize another. And I recognized you from a distance. . . I could always tell your presence by the smell of decayed biafran feaces.

Fact: I wasnt high when I wrote this. Of course, you were not high but low in intellectual pedigree. Now thats a good one. .  Actually have no response to that. . .

Fact: I'm gonna enjoy the rebuttals. You are not gonna enjoy the rebuttals Wrong again, totally did. . .

Fact: The Igbos are a very hateful ethinic group as is evidenced with the marginalization/subjugation of fellow Igbos in the name of a cast system (OSU's), let alone yorubas, hausas and the middle-belt. I guess you an OSU as evidenced by your self-hatefulness. Erm. . . Even if I was, the worst of the Osu's are still miles better than you biafran Zionists. I have no shame in associating with the Osu's, but I abhor your kind.

Fact: The Igbos did not achieve anything from the Biafran war but the loss of its sons and daughters. At least, history was made as result of Biafra’s first secession attempt. The history books of how not to seceed

Fact: The Ogbunigwe was not a sophisticated "ground-to-air" nor "ground-to-ground" missile, but was a crude weapon no better than a colonial british cannon. At least, the foolishness in you allowed you to have Biafra and British in comparative sentence. What about the jungle known as Nigeria? Erm. . .  Wow!! Okay then. .  Put that on your wall and shut the F up about the freaking shrapnel & gun-powder cannon. .

Fact: The refining of fuel in the bushes during the war was not an extra-ordinary technology as any child who studied separation techniques in secondary school Chemistry class, especially fractional distillation and cracking should be able to do same with a bursen burner and a few flasks and beakers. Remember Nigeria is yet to assemble one such elementary joke. Even the refineries built for Nigeria by foreigner could not be maintained.   Thats thanks to bad governance and not because Biafrans werent employed to work in the refineries. . .

Fact: If the Ojukwu were a wise man, he would have canvassed for democracy before fighting for secession rather than confront a military regime which he knew as was indicated in the minutes of the ABURI CONFERENCE was importing and stockpiling  arms and ammuinition. This is another moronic indulgence borne out of inherent stupidity. Hehe. . . Punched you in the nuts with that one didnt I?!

I shall not want to make you more educated than you have shown. In military parlance, tactical withdrawal is designed to let your opponent/enemy kept wondering what your next line of action will be. It is unfortunate that a directly or indirectly Igbo chap, whose mother would have been ra.ped to death by Nigerian vandals if Ojukwu was confirmed dead at January 10, 1970, has the audacious pedigree to join detractors to denigrate the personality of Ojukwu.

I would like to know the characters of so-called Biafran survivors you referenced in your idiotic drivel that proved Ojukwu starved the civilians. The distribution of foods donated by Red Cross and Charitas was handled by the Reverend fathers and sisters attached to the aforementioned organizations.

You often write like a deluded lapper who has not seen a parade ground in his/her life talk less of being on it. So I should not ask you to elaborate on northerners who constituted the bulk of the army’s junior rank officers.

Definitely, I do not have empathy for you as to indulge in your education. So as a first grade Efulefu, I shall leave you with the little you know about pogrom.  

I am at home with the fact Biafra still puzzles and infuses fear in peoples’ minds in all nooks and crannies of the jungle called Nigeria.

Only people who are basically nobody in their kindred will refer to someone who they do not know from any possible depth as a commoner. You could kill if you worth my footprints within my autonomous community, olodo.

You are yet to punch yourself in nuts, punk.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by lagcity(m): 10:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
ACM10:

^^^
Do you know who bears this title? [size=18pt]Are-Ona-Kakanfo[/size]

Do you know it's significance?

Did he flee? yes or no

The most recent Kakanfo was Abiola. He didn't run away like Ojukwu even though he could have skipped to Benin Republic. He defiantly declared himself president and was arrested by Abacha. While in jail, Abacha wanted to release him only if he forgot about his mandate. Abiola's response? "Iku Ya Ju Esin Lo!" meaning death is better than dishonor! Now tell me if Ojukwu is worthy enough to wipe this Kakanfo's shoes!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ACM10: 10:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
lagcity:

The most recent Kakanfo was Abiola. He didn't run away like Ojukwu even though he could have skipped to Benin Republic. He defiantly declared himself president and was arrested by Abacha. While in jail, Abacha wanted to release him only if he forgot about his mandate. Abiola's response? "Iku Ya Ju Esin Lo!" meaning death is better than dishonor! Now tell me if Ojukwu is worthy enough to wipe this Kakanfo's shoes!

mu che che che che che

I'm having fun tonight.

These Yorubas can be funny
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by lagcity(m): 10:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
ACM10:

mu che che che che che

I'm having fun tonight.

These Yorubas can be funny

Yes we can be very funny grin Oh Yeah, I remember another Kakanfo Samuel Ladoke Akintola who went out in a blaze of glory. He fought cowardly Ibo soldiers till death. u nyamiris can at least rejoice that u killed an Yoruba general. bravo!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by yaribaman: 10:51pm On Feb 29, 2012
lagcity:

Yes we can be very funny grin Oh Yeah, I remember another Kakanfo Samuel Ladoke Akintola who went out in a blaze of glory. He fought cowardly Ibo soldiers till death. u nyamiris can at least rejoice that u killed an Yoruba general. bravo!

no he was kicked to death cheesy
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by dayokanu(m): 11:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^ He could have dressed as a woman and run to Abidjan but he took his rifle and fought the Igbo soldiers till death

Thats what a General does not crossdressing and fleeing warfront

When Ojuku fled warfront, what did he expect would become of Biafra ppl he left behind?
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by LogicMind: 11:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
lagcity:

He was crying profusely calling shango to save him.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Lasinoh: 11:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Where is 'Part 2'? cool
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by dayokanu(m): 11:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
Shortly afterward, a detachment of soldiers led by Captain Emmanuel Nwobosi arrived at Akintola’s residence.  Upon sighting the soldiers, [size=28pt]Akintola opened fire – lightly wounding a few of them including Capt Nwobosi.  After bravely fighting for his life and engaging the soldiers in a gunfight, Akintola was shot dead by Nwobosi and his men[/size]

http://www.kwenu.com/publications/siollun/1966_coup2.htm

Accounts from a Igbo website

Compare to this from a Biafra General

When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by yaribaman: 11:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

He was crying profusely calling shango to save him.

shango was the first to run away  angry
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by yaribaman: 11:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
the youba is no rival to ibo
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by obataala(m): 11:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ojukwu acted as his lineage is known 4,cheating!, y ? cos he carved out all the oil producing areas in2 d territory of d foiled Biafra,which was his motivation 4 dreaming of a republic, no other region knew wot is plans were including SW only gowon knew and saw the greater picture. The other minorities rejoiced even now over the foiled repulic-they had been cowed by bogus claim of self actualization,governance & prosperity;how did ojukwu thot he culd actually give wot was neva his,promising 2 give wot the minorities have 2 d minorities ?.how culd dat have been a promise 2 d minorities ?. not knowing he wanted to lord over us & subjugate us, if not y did he chose 2 go into hiding rather than lay his life down 4 wot he had faith in & be martyired ?. Has any1 heard of sergent Boro, Ken Saronwiwa, Col Adekunle, Emeka Ezeugo Kaduna etc. Ikweres neva bought his ideas so was a clog in his wheel,port-harcourt bcam is desideratum & went in2 bogus campaigns,is d reason they dissociates themselves 4rm d larger igbo & carved a separate ethnicity 4 themselves. Wot gowon saw is woz working against them in picking d top shot of presidency, & is clear 2 evri odas now. Awolowo neva did wot he neva wanted 2 do 2 d minorities, he tuk awo tym 2 read his plans. once decifered by d military he & all his allies bcam enemies of d state. Is enemy given water when thirsty or force a burning coal down his throat ?, hence d shreds. It ws even ojukwu against fed military govt of Nig, setting civilians against  a system he knew how ruthless they are, sending them 2 their early graves. he ought 2 hv been outcaste & outlawed 4rm d eastern territories after d war or better stil stoned 2 death 4 shedding innocent lives 4 personal aggrandizement instead celebrated by d mofus & casting blames,pooh.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by yaribaman: 11:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
yoruba is more interested in licking aboki nyash hole
a picture speaks volumes

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^ Like this

[size=28pt]2011: Ojukwu canvasses support for IBB[/size]
THE Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was yesterday, reported to be in support for the presidential ambition of former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, in 2011, saying he would support him

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/2011-ojukwu-canvasses-support-for-ibb/
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by yaribaman: 11:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
check obj nyash first
thers still some dried matozoa from the sultan inside

sultan no dey turban for free
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Mar 01, 2012
^^ Like this

A businessman, Edmond Okoye has allegedly admitted Desecrating his two aides by Being Intimate with them through the anus. He has therefore signed an undertaking to compensate each aide with N1 million. The victims, Eji Emmanuel and
Ogechukwu
Alli petitioned the police at Area ‘E’ Command, Festac, Lagos alleging that their boss, Okoye brought them to Lagos initially to serve him as domestic servants. But he later engaged them in gay practices

http://www.247nigerianewsupdate.com/a-businessman-Desecrates-his-two-male-aides/
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 5:24am On Mar 01, 2012
Why don't you educate us? Why not bring your knowledge about Ghana and let me bring mine ? You think it is just to brag on the net and allude vaguely to knowledge you don't have? I think the entire forum, by now, know I don't talk without first hand knowledge and facts to  prove my case. I will start at the bottom with Chicken Republic a fast food chain now rapidly expanding in Ghana and employing many. It is present on Ghana's number 1 premier, most well known and most expensive highstreet i.e Oxford Street, Osu. Is that business not organised enough for you? I will give you more if you come and defend your claim thats others are ignorant about Ghana.

I have no interest in telling any of you not to hate anyone. You only damage yourself doing so anyway. What I object to is the casual and outlandish deciet some of you deploy to deliberately malign the Yorubas in an ignorant attempt to rob them of credit for their laudable achievements. Even if totally eaten up by hatred, show maturity and give credit where due. The Yorubas are anything but lazy or underachieving, in real terms, in comparison to others. All we get is vacuous noise many of you can never back with cold facts. Abeg, come and educate me about Ghana.  Perhaps you don't understand that "organised business" does not mean sole-trading. My guy, just be warned I deal in verifiable facts not sentimental utterances that cant be proven.

Nigg@ please. What I said isn't from my own mouth but rather impression I've gotten after speaking to Ghanaians multiple times about Nigerians residing there.   i was speaking of your everyday Nigerian (both Igbo, yoruba, hausa, etc) in Ghana, not business men whom thrived already in Nigeria and transferred such luck in Ghana.  Mr.Biggs is doing big in Ghana as well (runned by Yoruba), followed by Business Week (runned by an Edo man), followed by Intercontinental Bank (runned by an Igbo man), etc.  In other words, such people do not matter.  In the words of Ghanaians, the citizens of the nation in question, Nigerians in Ghana (excluding the students) are running almost all of the criminal lifestyle in their nation. Name it from drug trafficking, to 419, to prositution to armed robbery, just name it, a nigerian in Ghana is involved in it one way or another Few months ago, a supposedly thriving Nigerian businessman was arrested for heroin trafficking in Ghana. About half of foreigners in Ghanaian jail are Nigerians.  Dude, rather than chest -beating, it is best to ask the citizen of that nation and listen to their words.  You for wonder why they keep repeating the same thing while Nigerians delude themselves into thinking otherwise.  I laugh tire.
Almost every Ghanaian I meet repeat the same thing, I for wonder why.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Yewe2011(m): 7:40am On Mar 01, 2012
I would first like to say that I am a Ghanaman so I am partial in any and everything that goes on in Nigerian politics. But I have to call out the inconsistency in the arguments of many Igbos,  who claim that the Yorubas betrayed them during the Biafran war, yet at the same time claim that they are and always have been eternal enemies with them. Yorubas were never a part of Biafra and there was no alliance or consultation as to possible outcomes (as far as I'm concerned).

Most importantly, I want to state that I believe it is the Yoruba and Igbo peoples who are largely responsible for the crisis Nigeria is in today. The superiority complexes displayed by both groups become nauseating after awhile. All I hear from are claims of Igbos being industrious and ingenious or Yorubas being cultured and educated. I don't either any of the other hundreds of Nigerian ethnic groups display pompous attitudes as such. This is just my observation, Igbos and Yorubas need to get over themselves and stop being selfish and greedy.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Gbawe: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2012
One_Naira:

Nigg@ please. What I said isn't from my own mouth but rather impression I've gotten after speaking to Ghanaians multiple times about Nigerians residing there.   i was speaking of your everyday Nigerian (both Igbo, yoruba, hausa, etc) in Ghana, not business men whom thrived already in Nigeria and transferred such luck in Ghana.  Mr.Biggs is doing big in Ghana as well (runned by Yoruba), followed by Business Week (runned by an Edo man), followed by Intercontinental Bank (runned by an Igbo man), etc.  In other words, such people do not matter.  In the words of Ghanaians, the citizens of the nation in question, Nigerians in Ghana (excluding the students) are running almost all of the criminal lifestyle in their nation. Name it from drug trafficking, to 419, to prositution to armed robbery, just name it, a nigerian in Ghana is involved in it one way or another Few months ago, a supposedly thriving Nigerian businessman was arrested for heroin trafficking in Ghana. About half of foreigners in Ghanaian jail are Nigerians.  Dude, rather than chest -beating, it is best to ask the citizen of that nation and listen to their words.  You for wonder why they keep repeating the same thing while Nigerians delude themselves into thinking otherwise.  I laugh tire.
Almost every Ghanaian I meet repeat the same thing, I for wonder why.

Chest beating ? Dude, you are sad and pathetic !!!! You claim others are ignorant of events in Ghana yet you confess you yourself rely on what you are told !!! How sad is that ? You think Ghanaians are innocent ? Why not talk to Nigerian living in Ghana to get both side of the story [b]if [/b]you are genuinely interested iin being an informed observer? It is this inherent bias that will always ensure you are prone to jumping to conclusions.

I am sorry but , to me, you are just another clown who knows nothing about Ghana only to come here accusing others of ignorance. Have you ever being to Ghana? You think it is enough to make conclusions ignorantly based on what Ghanaians tell you? Do you even know the motivation of many of them? Why don't you visit Ghana to gain 'perspective'?

Besides, are you oblivious to how most Africans speak negatively of us worldwide even when there is no need to do so? Does that then make Nigerians the "evil" people they claim we are? Is it that all of us are bad (a gross fallacy) or is it that painting all of us bad , because of a few miscreants, helps some to be comfortable with how we quickly gain what they only dream off? 

How many of these so-called Ghanaians you "speak to" ever balance their tales by telling you of the many good things Nigerians do in Ghana? In case you don't know, some Ghanaians are even worse at playing Ostrich than the bigoted Nigerians who decieve themselves that it is other ethnic group who are sinners while they are saints who don't even know how to steal or committ crime.

Let me give you a small test. Ask your "Ghanaian friends" about drugs in Ghana. If they are honest, you will soon realise that drug-trafficking ,per comparative population ratio, is far higher in Ghana. For its small population, in comparison to Nigeria, the reality is that , independently and without anyone's help, Ghana is a significant drug trafficking hub in West Africa. For example, a great deal of Cocaine impounded on a ship in Ghana disappeared into thin air with collusion all the way up to the top of the Police force because of the " big men" who owned the shippment !!!! Ask your "Ghanaian friends" about Tagor and other drug lords who do as they please in Ghana , act like celebrities, and are freed from jail routinely by political influence.   

Akuffo Addo's (possibly Ghana's next President) international drug dealer brother-in -law Nko? Dude, you are a joke. You know nothing about the real situation of how drug dealing is very pervasive in Ghana (with most big men and even politicians being actively involved in drug dealing) yet you are happy to ignorantly portray Nigerians as "running" the drug scene in Ghana when the reality is that the Ghanaians can teach us a trick or two about drug dealing.

Man mi stop embarrasing yourself. Just stop it and deal with the issues that cause you to view and judge others so erroneously.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2012
Dede1:

I shall not want to make you more educated than you have shown. In military parlance, tactical withdrawal is designed to let your opponent/enemy kept wondering what your next line of action will be. It is unfortunate that a directly or indirectly Igbo chap, whose mother would have been ra.ped to death by Nigerian vandals if Ojukwu was confirmed dead at January 10, 1970, has the audacious pedigree to join detractors to denigrate the personality of Ojukwu. Well its clear now what Ojukwus so-called "TACTICAL WITHDRAWAL" was designed to do. . . It was designed to allow him cool off abroad, come back in and marry the MOST BEAUTIFUL Girl in Nigeria/Igboland who just happened t be the teenage daughter of his childhood best friend and associate Ichie C.C Onoh, while mothers, wives and children were still mourning their loss from the war he led them into and fled from. .   and then went on to join the same Nigerian Politics that he led millions of Ndi Igbos to die fighting against. Its also unfortunate that you also fail to point out that Ojukwu also gave Biafran Damsels to his fighting soldiers to rap'e and abuse in other to keep up moral during the war. YES!! I have also seen accounts of Biafran soldiers molesting non-core igbo maidens [Deltans, Rivers, Calabar, e.t.c] during the war. If he had been comfrimed dead on the above stated date, he would have gone down in history as a martyr. His death could have been used as a rallying point for future wars. He would have been a Hero! The Hero of the rising sun. . . When you sing the praises of Ojukwu, you forget to sing the praise of his even greater deputy PHILLIP EFFIONG who was intelligent enough to see that the war was indeed over and quickly negociated a surrender that made sure we werent all treated like Prisoners of war. . . NOW Thats my hero. .  Thats what you call tactical. . .  not fleeing by night. .  Please sir, as much as I respect your right to celebrate Ojukwu as your hero, dont shove bullshit down our throats.  We all felt the pins of that conflict in different proportions. If only you were a bit level headed, you would have strived to find out why an Igbo man would have so much disdain for a man that others call hero. . . rather than tag me an Efulefu and whatever other bullshit you call people that are different from you so as to boost your inferiority complex and make you feel better about yourself.

I would like to know the characters of so-called Biafran survivors you referenced in your idiotic drivel that proved Ojukwu starved the civilians. The distribution of foods donated by Red Cross and Charitas was handled by the Reverend fathers and sisters attached to the aforementioned organizations. Without a doubt, Biafra had foriegn aid. I have seen many accounts both firsthand and written of food aids being flown into Biafra. Now irrespective of how insuffiecient it may have been, it is without a doubt that Biafra indeed did recieve aid from outside. Now there is also accounts that point to the fact that Ojukwu in his bid to win the war by every and any means necessary, diverted food meant for civilians and gave them to combatants. (This is simple and common war tactics, as soldeirs that are hungry and weak cant fight). It is also on record that Ojukwu capitalized on the Air food drops to import arms into Biafra. This was why the Nigerian Soldiers started stopping food flights into Biafra. Its also on record that Planes carrying arms into Biafra would flank food aid planes to drop arms into Biafra. NOW!! Do we Blame the Nigerians for stopping flights into Biafra, or do we Blame Ojukwu for messing up a food aid route, using our little food to feed soldiers and substituting food for arms?! Your decision. . .

You often write like a deluded lapper who has not seen a parade ground in his/her life talk less of being on it. So I should not ask you to elaborate on northerners who constituted the bulk of the army’s junior rank officers. This leper shall indeed oblige your request by publishing an extract from the actual minutes of the Aburi confrence Extract attached below. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-876994.0.html

Definitely, I do not have empathy for you as to indulge in your education. So as a first grade Efulefu, I shall leave you with the little you know about pogrom.  And I also do not have the empathy to indulge your education either, so I shall leave you to keep calling every altercation between a Northerner and and Easterner a Pogrom. . . If that helps you sleep better at night, who am I to deprive you of sleep.

I am at home with the fact Biafra still puzzles and infuses fear in peoples’ minds in all nooks and crannies of the jungle called Nigeria. And I am at home laughing at the granduer of your delusion. .   

Only people who are basically nobody in their kindred will refer to someone who they do not know from any possible depth as a commoner. You could kill if you worth my footprints within my autonomous community, olodo. Skip. . . Its unheard of for royalty to be involved in a street fight with commoners. .

You are yet to punch yourself in nuts, punk. Hehehehe!! I still love you like a brother non the less. .  Its all just a debate, enjoy it while it lasts and stop getting your panties in a bunch.

P.S: I really think you need some counselling bro, you have deep rooted anger issues. .  I see a potential serial killer of Northerners, Easterners and non-biafran supporters in you. . . Take a deep breath every now and again, say 5 woo-sah's and enjoy life cuz!! Aint nobody out to get you. .  cool

Peace out!!

Long Live Nigeria, and no place else. .

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ He could have dressed as a woman and run to Abidjan but he took his rifle and fought the Igbo soldiers till death

Thats what a General does not crossdressing and fleeing warfront

When Ojuku fled warfront, what did he expect would become of Biafra ppl he left behind?

Dude!!

He tactically withdrew not fled. . . And when he tactically withdrew, he expected us to also Tactically run to neighbouring Cameroon. silly us

Get your facts straight, Now you owe me yet another apology!! angry
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by tunnytox(m): 10:33am On Mar 01, 2012
Na wa o grin grin so Nigeria has so many cyber warriors.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Ozichim(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2012
I don't know what the ranting is all about.
When will people stop been hypocritical even openly,
No right and sincere minded fellow will be saying that the Yorubas joined the fight against the Igbos’ when the Igbos has gotten to Ore. Anybody asking the Igbos why they should fight toward Lagos must be very wicked and full of evil.

Pls. if you are ignorant and unwise; you should not display it here.

Nobody has any ill-feeling why the Yorubas should Join the Hausas to fight the Biafran because that is what the Yorubas believe and they are working for it bearing in mind that they have no option against that. The Yorubas are so afraid and cannot stand their ground in such situation.

Ogundipe could not even demand his legitimate right to take over the government from his junior (Gowon) and Yorubas could not help him do that; how then do you expect the Yorubas to tell Hausas that they won't fight. (Which one is easier to get? Getting legitimate demand or getting Illegitimate demand).
Cowardice can even make you kill yourself.

Anybody can run or shift ground anytime during the war it is normal and natural.

All those that participated in this war know that; If the Biafrans had fourth only the Nigerian troops (Hausas, Yorubas etc) the story would have been different, let’s say the truth.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ACM10: 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude!!

He tactically withdrew not fled. . . And when he tactically withdrew, he expected us to also Tactically run to neighbouring Cameroon. silly us

Get your facts straight,   Now you owe me yet another apology!!  angry

I know that you are hurting over the inability of the nigerian forces to capture or kill Ikemba. It's ok to be angry. But learn to live with your anger. The same nigerian forces are doing the job of undertakers for us today and we are grateful for their help. We don't give a damn of what a miserable Yoruba dude thinks
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by eelawe: 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
Awolowo brought the idea of blockade to starve the Igbo civilians. That single act killed far more people than the war itself. Lagos was the capital, so attack was pushed towards the capital.
Yorubas cuss a lot, I think that is their nature. I have nothing against the Yorubas. We have being living together now- in all Yoruba Lands, though sometimes with little skirmishes; nothing to compare with northern massacre.

An average Yoruba man is easily frightened. But they can really holler.

If I have my way, I think I can marry a Yoruba woman! But only a God-fearing one. They seem domicile and economical.
Education now is not only the Yorubas that are educated, the Igbos have their share too.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ak47mann(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
I am very proud to hear on BBC as Ojukwu is glowingly addressed as "the late Biafran leader". It is instructive that inspite of several years of pretences to the contrary, the world recognises the existence of the Republic of Biafra. Note the language: "late Biafran leader". Not "late leader of defunct Biafra". These are two different phrases with different connotations. The first phrase, which BBC uses implies a Republic still in existence,while the second phrase, which BBC does not use, refers to a Republic that existed and collapsed after a period of time. Indeed, the world knows that Biafra lives!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
eelawe:

An average Yoruba man is easily frightened. But they can really holler.

Indeed, it took a very frightened 27 year old Benjamin Adekunle to strike terror in the hearts of brave Biafrans, young and old, including your Usain Bolt commander in chief.

"Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a mountain goat named Ojukwu"
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by T8ksy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
ak47mann:

I am very proud to hear on BBC as Ojukwu is glowingly addressed as "the late Biafran leader". It is instructive that inspite of several years of pretences to the contrary, the world recognises the existence of the Republic of Biafra. Note the language: "late Biafran leader". Not "late leader of defunct Biafra". These are two different phrases with different connotations. The first phrase, which BBC uses implies a Republic still in existence,while the second phrase, which BBC does not use, refers to a Republic that existed and collapsed after a period of time. Indeed, the world knows that Biafra lives!
 i] @ bolded, oh good. Now can you do the rest of us a favour and activate your biafra, pronto! You can then pack all ur fellow biafrans outta my region & go and live ever happily after in your "Land of d rising sun".
[/i]
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Ozichim(m): 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
Live B Adekunle out of this, I have said that people should not say what they don't know. Nobody sees Adekunle as a hero or warrior.
B. Adekunle was only popular because of few post he held during the war and especially do to his wide mouthed talks against the Biafrans and his barbaric-evil nature.

You some of these Yorubas can show sign of boldness when they are wearing their juju around them, such is the case of Benjamin Adekunle, He so much trusted his juju. At least the Biafrans can kill his men while his juju will protect him.

Murtala M. showed more bravery than Adekunle. But Adekunle may have shown more hatred/wicked intent to the Biafrans at least by mouth (So the nick name black Scorpion). The name is as a result of wickedness/hatred and not bravery. I hope this is clear.

Let Any Nigerian right his Nigerian civil war history to challenge this. Nobody was ever afraid of B. Adekunle.

No body has asked about the dreaded/Bravery Biafran warrior "Joe Achuzie". Murtala Mohammed should tell Nigerians and young Nigerians the rest of the story.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ozichim:

Live B Adekunle out of this, I have said that people should not say what they don't know. Nobody sees Adekunle as a hero or warrior.
B. Adekunle was only popular because of few post he held during the war and especially do to his wide mouthed talks against the Biafrans and his barbaric-evil nature.

You some of these Yorubas can show sign of boldness when they are wearing their juju around them, such is the case of Benjamin Adekunle, He so much trusted his juju. At least the Biafrans can kill his men while his juju will protect him.

Murtala M. showed more bravery than Adekunle. But Adekunle may have shown more hatred/wicked intent to the Biafrans at least by mouth (So the nick name black Scorpion). The name is as a result of wickedness/hatred and not bravery. I hope this is clear.

Let Any Nigerian right his Nigerian civil war history to challenge this. Nobody was ever afraid of B. Adekunle.

No body has asked about the dreaded/Bravery  Biafran warrior "Joe Achuzie". Murtala Mohammed should tell Nigerians and young Nigerians the rest of the story.

Of course, history according to a Biafran. It was his juju! LOL grin.  How ridiculous can you all get? The name of Benjamin Adekunle will forever hunt Biafrans, and it's not because he was cowardly. He remains the one and only Black Scorpion.

Joe who? Where was he when Baba Benji was strutting around unhindered in Biafraland? Not even Ojukwu had the balls to come out of his foxhole.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by youngmonie: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
If all these comments are by the so called "FUTURE LEADERS" or the nxt generation of Nigerians. IM sorry der is no NIGERIA in the forseeable future because its jus a problem dat is going to go on and on!!!, what a pity cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Ozichim(m): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

Of course, history according to a Biafran. It was his juju! LOL grin. How ridiculous can you all get? The name of Benjamin Adekunle will forever hunt Biafrans, and it's not because he was cowardly. He remains the one and only Black Scorpion.

Joe who? Where was he when Baba Benji was strutting around unhindered in Biafraland? Not even Ojukwu had the balls to come out of his foxhole.
What do you want to hear.
I won't forge story. Tell us where and what make you think people were afraid of Ben. Adekun. Bearing in mind that the Igbos naturally does not fear. If Ben. Adek. is such a warrior many Igbos will even like him. Because they usually like such person.
Pls. don't make the man what he is not.

Tell us where he proved his gallantry during the war. As we said wickedness/rudeness is not gallantry. Wickedness is more like witchcraft. So , bring you facts.

As for the Juju; no body is surprise about that and no true Yoruba will deny that as it is almost their custom. When you fill that your juju is strong then you will be bold; but that is human for you, but it is false, it is pretence, it is not bravery(You can check your dictionary is you are in doubt).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sokoto To Complete Building Of 189 Mosques At N566m / Court Orders Arrest Of Nsima Ekere, APC Candidate In Akwa Ibom / Yahaya Bello Visits President Buhari In State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.