Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 (24653 Views)

BIAFRA: A Facebook Post By An Ibo And How People Reacted (screenshots) / . / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
htajz:

i like threads like , the division of nigeria is not far ahead, i also love the fact that these animosities are now being exported to naijaplas ,lindaikeji and co ,its time to stop pretending . for those calling for united southerne nigeria i hope you see it now, you people can go ahead and unite the south as lng as ijaw land is not included. smh.

I am glad you brought that up. You Igbos can be dispeakable at time with what you are doing on those websites.

The rate you insult the yorubas would make one think that this hate was born out of something different from with it is.

I seriously SMH for you people. really !!!

Yes I have told you that there CAN NEVER BE SOUTHERN NIGERIA.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by tevinsolt: 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2012
@nomind, u have simply shown how stupid you are with that comment mof yours, infact calling you stupid is an insult to stupid people it is clear that u were born on a highway cuz that's where most accident occur, u say shit like this and u say your a christain (igbos) scientist need more research cuz obviously not every that looks like a HOMO SAPIEN IS ACTUALLY ONE. people like you are not worthy to be called humans because u have no traits that qualifies you to be called a Homo sapien because u display no logic!!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
Gbawe:

My friend, sharrap !!!! Abeg shut it. Your sort have no honour. You know nothing about Ghana and this is why you can say erroneously that Nigerians "run" the drug scene there. When shown you are wrong by those who really know Ghana (for more than ten years) you are dancing from pillar to post with incoherent babble instead of simply admitting that you are another self-hating Nigerian happy to conclude we are all over the world doing no good because some say so. Trust me when I tell you that Ghanaians , despite whatever they say, don't need any help committing crime.

Ask yourself if Nigerian armed robbers don't make it to the UK and the USA. Why don't they continue their activities over there? Yet they do so in other African Countries outside Nigeria. It is about willing local collaboration and the existence of a 'market'. Get that into your thick head once and for all. I don't hold Nigerians to be innocent but I don't judge them to be the scum of the earth either - especially since real knowledge makes me note reality.

Read Ghanaian newspapers (eg Graphic, Daily Guide) for two weeks. There is likely to be at least 10-20 reportage of armed robbery and heinous crime. Would it surprise you that suspects arrested, 99% of the time, are mostly Ghanaian? Yet folks like you come here talking ignorantly. My guy, you know nada about Ghana. Just give it up and apologise to your fellow Nigerians. They don't "run" crime in Ghana and you would know this if you really know Ghana and regardless of what the Ghanaians say. Balanced folks work with facts not market gossip.

In fact, I will prove what I say to the forum. I will be in Ghana this weekend for three weeks and then move on to Nigeria. I will buy the Graphic and Daily Guide newspapers everyday and reveal the content here. Let us put your silly, childish and totally false "Nigerians run crime in Ghana" jargon to the statistical test.

Nigg@ Learn to read. If you have inability to read, say so, therefore I can reduce my point to a childlike form for your inability. Point out where I, one_naira, said Nigerians are the number on drug dealers in Ghana? I said Nigerians are notoriously known for conducting criminal activities in Ghana, you stupid fool and went into dept and informed you of a, emphasis on A Nigerian business man caught drug dealing. I also mentioned name any criminal activity in Ghana, a Nigerian is involved in it one way or another and I said Nigerians are the number one foreigners in Ghanaian jail. All proven FACT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. Most Nigerians in Ghana are NOT business men.
The Nigerian drug dealer, the business man I spoke of
http://thestreetjournal.org/2011/10/nigerian-businessman-jailed-in-ghana-for-heroin-trafficking/

The jails in Ghana
Seven hundred and seven foreigners, mainly Nigerians, are serving various sentences in the country’s prisons.
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=208837&comment=0#com

Prostitution in Ghana
The sex workers who operate in Adum, a suburb of Kumasi in the Ashanti region, said they were disenchanted that younger and prettier girls from Nigeria are gradually taking over the sex business as they could hardly retain their usual customers.
http://elombah.com/news/node/4210
A Nigerian living in Ghana input of the relationship between the citizen of Ghana and the Nigerians residing in Ghana.
The truth is, if Ghana hopes to effectively challenge its own problems, its people must tell the naked emperor within each person the truth, stop seeing themselves as victims. True, Nigerian criminals have swarmed into Ghana, but the Ghanaian authorities can do something about that, and if they don’t, it’s their choice.
http://www.switchedonnaija.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1368:living-in-ghana-a-nigerians-experience&catid=109:all-africa&Itemid=29
On the highlighted, I laugh tire
If you’ve never traveled out of your village, don’t speak of things you know nothing of. Nigg@, Nigerian image in USA (where I live for your information) isn’t peachy at all rather it is closer to Africans impression of Nigerians. Drug-dealers, highest IQ African, terrorist and 419ers just to name a few are some of the common American impression of Nigerians. A rumor that’s been spreading about (from the citizen of USA and the other African taking refuge in USA) but isn’t proven yet is that half of African jailed in America are Nigerian (caught for drug-dealers and 419 most). In UK, the impression does not differ far and the unfortunately, the same rumor spreading. In Malaysia, the same
http://allafrica.com/stories/201110040146.html
In China, over 1000 Nigerians were jailed in the past month for drug-trafficking.

Nigerians are detested globally and many Nigerians should be blamed and condemned for it.
Do we do so? No? what do we do, we try to deny it and chest-beat without having anything productive to back us up thus the reason another rumor claiming Nigerians glorify criminal activity. They go to other nation, destroy the nation and what do we do? NOTHING but screams Conspiracy. Nigerians like you are pathetic.
Una are pathetic. It is one of the main reasons I wish not to associate myself with Una. Pathetic
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by htajz: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2012
alj harem:

I am glad you brought that up. You Igbos can be dispeakable at time with what you are doing on those websites.

The rate you insult the yorubas would make one think that this hate was born out of something different from with it is.

I seriously SMH for you people. really !!!

Yes I have told you that there CAN NEVER BE SOUTHERN NIGERIA.

if you want to face igbos you know how to find them ,if you want to face ijaws am always there branding me igbo does not change the fact that you and your yorubas are just pathetic waste, am sure you know what brought me to nairaland in the first place, your dirty stinking comments ijaws. you probably think we dont hav access to internet when you and your pathetic yoruba race were running your mouths.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
htajz:

if you want to face igbos you know how to find them ,if you want to face ijaws am always there branding me igbo does not change the fact that you and your yorubas are just pathetic waste, am sure you know what brought me to nairaland in the first place, your dirty stinking comments ijaws. you probably think we dont hav access to internet when you and your pathetic yoruba race were running your mouths.

[size=18pt]you are not ijaw YOU ARE IGBO . common among your people to pretend to be this and that[/size]

Ok lets test your Ijawness here

ose keni yoruba ? abugo ade
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
htaz wetin do you, cat cut your tongue ?

Abi you no be Ijaw again nwannem ?
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2012
I could careless about Ijaw because I believe they should form their own country but Igbo man pretending to be Ijaw just to bash yoruba today and claim Ijaw.

LOL
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 12:05am On Mar 03, 2012
You no be Ijaw again Igbo man shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked mo ke emi htaza na Igbo ? shocked shocked mie buzemo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by htajz: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2012
alj harem:

htaz wetin do you, cat cut your tongue ?

Abi you no be Ijaw again nwannem ?

iwe ri so ,opu ikpu smfh cry whether am ijaw or not does not change the fact that yorubas need deliverance to chasse away the spirit of witch hunting and careless statements grin
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by htajz: 12:16am On Mar 03, 2012
tevinsolt:

yall are idiots i wonder how yall would feel when white people come on this thread to say just because ur african u have dirty skins, you have low IQ yall are poor stricken Hiv positive ugly chimpanzees, bleeping idiots
it's ironic that the bigots are the first ones to shout RACISM first. damn hypocrites!!

you should start with the owner of the website who happens to be a yoruba man, google anything about nigeria and you will get the most disgusting results all from nairaland,yorubas have no shame.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 12:18am On Mar 03, 2012
htajz:

iwe ri so ,opu ikpu  smfh  cry  whether am ijaw or not does not change the fact that yorubas need deliverance to chasse away the spirit of witch hunting and careless statements  grin

Me Iwe cry cry how can I be jealous of you BTW that is not a complete sentence neither did it make sense undecided

[size=18pt]SURELY YOU ARE AN IGBO MAN[/size]

obe cry what a shame thanks for releveling yourself
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by aljharem(m): 12:18am On Mar 03, 2012
htajz:

you should start with the owner of the website who happens to be a yoruba man, google anything about nigeria and you will get the most disgusting results all from nairaland,yorubas have no shame.

Nwannem, How is nnewi na ? aturu
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by htajz: 12:23am On Mar 03, 2012
alj harem:

Me Iwe cry cry how can I be jealous of you BTW that is not a complete sentence neither did it make sense undecided

[size=18pt]SURELY YOU ARE AN IGBO MAN[/size]

obe cry what a shame thanks for releveling yourself

God punish you. you really know how to get on people nerve
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by KayDee4: 12:27am On Mar 03, 2012
Everyday on NL, Hausa vs Yoruba vs Igbo, insults and curses flying around. I see no difference between you guys here and the illiterates in remote villages that are easily incited to spark off ethnic clashes.

@ this rate, y'all will teach your kids to grow up and be so hateful of the opposite tribe.

SMH **leaves thread in utter disappointment**
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Gbawe: 1:49am On Mar 03, 2012
One_Naira:

Nigg@ Learn to read. If you have inability to read, say so, therefore I can reduce my point to a childlike form for your inability. Point out where I, one_naira, said Nigerians are the number on drug dealers in Ghana?

You accuse other of not being able to read yet it is clear you have a comprehension deficit. Below you wrote:

Nigerians in Ghana (excluding the students) are running almost all of the criminal lifestyle in their nation.

Now, how will any member of this forum, not suffering from your pitiful deficit, not conclude that you imply that Nigerians are the number 1 drug dealers in Ghana when you say Nigerians are "running almost all of the criminal lifestyle in their nation. Name it from drug trafficking, to 419, to prositution to armed robbery". Is this not plain old shamelessness from  you? You tell a lie and invariably tell more to prop up your original tall tale. "What a tangled web we weave when at first we seek to decieve" How apt in your case.

Furthermore, even the link you provided only expose your crass attempt at deception perhaps in a desperate attempt to make the crime fit the man by all means.

Laughably you wrote:

I also mentioned name any criminal activity in Ghana, a Nigerian is involved in it one way or another and I said Nigerians are the number one foreigners in Ghanaian jail.  All proven FACT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. Most Nigerians in Ghana are NOT business men. 

and provided this link to back up your poor effort at desperate falsification:

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=208837&comment=0#com

My guy, that very link provides this:

In a separate interview, the Head of Public Relations at the Ghana Immigration Service, ACP Francis Palmdeti, explained that Nigerians dominated the number of foreigners in the prisons probably because they constituted the highest number of expatriates in the country.

Obvious that Nigerians may naturally be the highest number of foreigners in Ghana's jail when their population in the Nation is, by far, bigger than any other !!!!  If there are 2 million Nigerians in Ghana compared to 10,000 Malians, then it is obvious to even the most unintelligent adult that , expectedly, more Nigerians will be in jail in Ghana than Malians. When you cannot even interprete statistics scientifically and logically, then it is fairly obvious you are a lost cause. You don't know nada about Ghana. Go and find out the real worth of Nigeria's investment in Ghana, related to total FDI (foreign direct investment), to note that many Nigerians in Ghana are not criminals as you ignorantly and self-hatingly assert. Abeg go siddon. Your are clearly tired and out of air.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by tunnytox(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
@Gbawe
You're always spot on in any of your posts and analysis but you see some of these tribal bigots need to be ignored otherwise they'll soon drag you to make some comments you'll won't like to make. Allow them to continue to wallow in ignorance if they choose to be ignorant.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by SailorXY: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2012
Everyday on NL, Hausa vs Yoruba vs Igbo, insults and curses flying around. I see no difference between you guys here and the illiterates in remote villages that are easily incited to spark off ethnic clashes.

@ this rate, y'all will teach your kids to grow up and be so hateful of the opposite tribe.

SMH **leaves thread in utter disappointment**

Bang on embarassed
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OAM4J: 4:36am On Mar 05, 2012
Ozichim:

Pls. understand what we are saying. an act of wickedness is not bravery. can you point out the bravery acts of Beng. Adek,  Adekunle was so eager to distroy the Igbos do to his uncontrollable hatread. I repeat an act of wickedness is not gallantry but cheating and falsehood.
If I'm fighting your village and decide to secretly use biological weapon on them. I can single handed kill everybody in your village. Now If I kill everybody in you village with biological weapon does that make be galant/brave soldier.

It is just frustration that can make any soldier do that and it is only weaklings that do that.
Study the WW2 history and see how Americans will start feeding any territory they captured that is rule of the game by brave soldiers. Only weaklings found in the army can do such thing especially when you give them the power under frustration.

A galant soldier will even if need be, drop his gun and ask you to come out for physical fight openly.

peckhamboi:

Lmfao, the same way David Petraeus was boxing Al Qaeda from street to street in Iraq?

ROTFLMAO  grin grin grin

This is damm too funny,   grin grin Ozichim you are watching too much Jackie Chan, Jet Li and other Chinese films o.  grin grin grin
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by oduasolja: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2012
Bleep the igbos .

they are devious ,schemeing , conniving criminals. who are always looking to take over somebodys land.

looking for a way to stake a claim to ones land.

they are fucking parasites. Bleep them.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ACM10: 10:07am On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ACM10: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2012
lagcity:

The most recent Kakanfo was Abiola. He didn't run away like Ojukwu even though he could have skipped to Benin Republic. He defiantly declared himself president and was arrested by Abacha. While in jail, Abacha wanted to release him only if he forgot about his mandate. Abiola's response? "Iku Ya Ju Esin Lo!" meaning death is better than dishonor! Now tell me if Ojukwu is worthy enough to wipe this Kakanfo's shoes!

[size=28pt]Abiola, fled abroad, in fear for his life.[/size]
http://www.pbs.org/hopes/nigeria/transcript.html

[size=28pt]Abiola fled Nigeria after receiving death threats - Aug 4, 1993[/size]
http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,463af2212,469f2ea52,469f38c49,0.html

While Abiola was making his case for the “international community” to help him secure power, and many Nigerians were rioting against the decision to annul his election, [size=28pt]Nelson Mandela, in a thinly-veiled criticism of Abiola’s flight, said that during their struggle against apartheid, they didn’t run off abroad, but stayed at home and fought their oppressors. While Abiola was abroad, as some of the people who voted for him were dying in the political unrest[/size], bigwigs from his party were deserting him for the ruling administration
http://cicoldblog./2011/06/15/june-12-means-nothing-to-me/
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ak47mann(m): 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^

Political slavery cool cool mean while his supporters were being jailed and kill in nigeria sad sad sad
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Gbawe:

You accuse other of not being able to read yet it is clear you have a comprehension deficit. Below you wrote:

Now, how will any member of this forum, not suffering from your pitiful deficit, not conclude that you imply that Nigerians are the number 1 drug dealers in Ghana when you say Nigerians are "running almost all of the criminal lifestyle in their nation. Name it from drug trafficking, to 419, to prositution to armed robbery". Is this not plain old shamelessness from  you? You tell a lie and invariably tell more to prop up your original tall tale. "What a tangled web we weave when at first we seek to decieve" How apt in your case.

Furthermore, even the link you provided only expose your crass attempt at deception perhaps in a desperate attempt to make the crime fit the man by all means.

Laughably you wrote:

and provided this link to back up your poor effort at desperate falsification:

My guy, that very link provides this:

Obvious that Nigerians may naturally be the highest number of foreigners in Ghana's jail when their population in the Nation is, by far, bigger than any other !!!!  If there are 2 million Nigerians in Ghana compared to 10,000 Malians, then it is obvious to even the most unintelligent adult that , expectedly, more Nigerians will be in jail in Ghana than Malians. When you cannot even interprete statistics scientifically and logically, then it is fairly obvious you are a lost cause. You don't know nada about Ghana. Go and find out the real worth of Nigeria's investment in Ghana, related to total FDI (foreign direct investment), to note that many Nigerians in Ghana are not criminals as you ignorantly and self-hatingly assert. Abeg go siddon. Your are clearly tired and out of air.

ROFLMFAO

I gave you link, I gave you fact, gave you something that backed up everything I said and every crime I mentioned and more: I gave you a Nigerian living in Ghana voice on the matter and what do I get in return? Nothing but a rant from a mad man. Come back when you got something grin grin tongue tongue Your brain waka go it seem.  There are more Europeans in USA than Mexican, going by your logic for every foreign in the USA, Europeans should out number Mexican but yet the reality differs. Nigg@, go sit you dum6@ss down.
If e dey pain you, let it pain you well well. Criminals in another man's land come dey shout "we are improving and the investing in land, making it big but the citizen of land are hating and creating conspiracy on us along with other Africans whom are saying the same thing about the ones in their country". I laugh tire.
Are you finished with the conspiracy theory?
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by oduasolja: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2012
look at these dumb igbos.

nah who u wan compete with. u no get no land and u dey talk of competing . sorry u aint competing.

Bleep u.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by SAOguns(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
@logic mind. Logic mind you should rather be refared to as stupid mind because u are nothing but empty headed ape
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by ak47mann(m): 2:57am On Mar 08, 2012
All these little little tribalistic monkeys in NL/Nigerian i don't know why GOD didn't  allow their mama to abort them half of Nigerians problem will be solved cool at list we the humans will be free at last i cant figure this out myself angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by CyberG: 5:29am On Sep 13, 2012
icon aus: It is high time this get clarrified . Igbos felt betrayed because the agreement Ojukwu had with Awo was that once Igbos secide that the yoruba people would follow suit by declaring their own country but Awo turned around to do the opposite and went further to support   the north in the war  . No time  ojukwu expected the yorubas to help him fight the war.

This is an OLD thread but I can't pass without asking WHAT AGREEMENT did Ojukwu have with Chief Awolowo? When was it signed? Who were the parties?

FYI and before you waste our time and parrot propaganda from ibo tribalist blind-bats: there WAS NEVER ANY AGREEMENT between Chief Awolowo and Ojukwu. Chief Awolowo was laying out strategic vision and providing leadership to "leaders of thought" in far away Ibadan and was not addressing ibos or Ojukwu. There was no internet or real time satellite communication in Nigeria in case Ojukwu was invited and tuned in via any of these technologies. Chief Awolowo, in fact, warned Ojukwu directly not to take the ruinions path, but he vaingloriously did and he (plus the ibos) paid the price for his hard headedness and stiff neckedness!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by CyberG: 5:31am On Sep 13, 2012
ak47mann: All these little little tribalistic monkeys in NL/Nigerian i don't know why GOD didn't  allow their mama to abort them half of Nigerians problem will be solved cool at list we the humans will be free at last i cant figure this out myself angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

You are talking about yourself loser man! You are a tribalistic GORILLA, monkey is rather small! Must be a bitter mistake that whatever sperm that found the egg in your mama was a total ERROR! If you feel bad about that statement, it is exactly your fault as you looked for trouble by attacking other people up ^^ there!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by joeyfire(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Not arguing for or against the issue of there being an agreement, but if there was no internet or satellite communication back then to enable ikemba and awolowo communicate and agree how then did awolowo meet with ikemba to warn him?
CyberG:

This is an OLD thread but I can't pass without asking WHAT AGREEMENT did Ojukwu have with Chief Awolowo? When was it signed? Who were the parties?

FYI and before you waste our time and parrot propaganda from ibo tribalist blind-bats: there WAS NEVER ANY AGREEMENT between Chief Awolowo and Ojukwu. Chief Awolowo was laying out strategic vision and providing leadership to "leaders of thought" in far away Ibadan and was not addressing ibos or Ojukwu. There was no internet or real time satellite communication in Nigeria in case Ojukwu was invited and tuned in via any of these technologies. Chief Awolowo, in fact, warned Ojukwu directly not to take the ruinions path, but he vaingloriously did and he (plus the ibos) paid the price for his hard headedness and stiff neckedness!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by T9ksy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
joeyfire: Not arguing for or against the issue of there being an agreement, but if there was no internet or satellite communication back then to enable ikemba and awolowo communicate and agree how then did awolowo meet with ikemba to warn him?

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by joeyfire(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
kindly put your angst in words. thanks

T9ksy: [/b]

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Sealeddeal(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Actually,there is always hatred of yorubas towards igbos.i equally know that there is a hatred of igbos towards yorubas' behaviour but i neva think that Igbos hate yoruba to the extent yoruba hate them.actually,igbos doesnt even hate the hausa.and through-out the time i stayed in lagos,all i have seen was yorubas trying to bully the igbos for reasons i know not.anybody that think that Igbos and yorubas are good friends in lagos is a lier.you'l knw that when a little offence which will attract little insult if its yoruba will bring death to you if u're igbo and ofcourse,for many time,the igbos have retaliated and such has caused some problems.The yoruba leaders even hate igbos and are using power to push igbos towards developing their villages and this they do by closing an already igbo-developed area in whatever name and giving out another land out.i can still recall the time when Yoruba man tried to claim a land at Ladipo and the fracas led to death of the man and the Ladipo was totally closed by Tinubu.is that how to treat such issue? To some extent,i see lagos's igbo problem with yorubas as Igbos defiance to be under the son-of-the soil.i remember one incident that brought a major argument then at computer village when a Yoruba guys angrily said that,'this igbo people are very rude and will never want to be ruled' and others echoed,'its true'.so,sometimes,i do think that Yoruba behaviour at lagos may actualy be a way to assert authority but which has often been met with stiff rebuff from igbos and for many times,has cause minor fracas...and For issue of bravely and cowardice,i dnt want to say that its an issue of tribe.i think its personal to the person that bears that trait but if we shall count bravely of some groups by their acts,i will be left to wonder if actually the tolerance exhibited by Yorubas towards other tribes within their territory, even when they are being pushed to the wall,is an act of bravely or cowardice.ofcourse,if any other tribe try that at onitsha or Aba or PH or towards the northerners,hell will be let loose.another thing is the issue of Yoruba military commanders during the war,the fact is,Nigeria-biafra war was fought and won by britain not any nigerian bravely but then,Yoruba commanders dealt decisively against civillians bt not much against rebellious soldiers.I will be left to wonder if the fleeing of Brig.Babafemi Ogundipe out of nigeria to Niger republic,even when the igbo troops resisted mutinous incursion to lagos,was an act of bravely.ofcourse,it was cowardice and it was that action that actually culminated to war.One thing thats clear is that,an igbo man can still trust Yoruba more than any other tribes and as such,the Yoruba-Igbo feud is not nonsensical.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Revealed! Why Buhari Is Backing Oshiomhole On Direct Primaries / Obong Attah "It Is Well With My Soul" Book Launch: Udom, Oshiomole, Ngige Attend / Buhari Mourns Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe Ex-President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.