Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 (24652 Views)

BIAFRA: A Facebook Post By An Ibo And How People Reacted (screenshots) / . / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by emmatok(m): 12:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
I continually find the Ibo, Yoruba rivalry on Nairaland quite amusing, if occasionally quite trying.

Tribalism is not caused by the presence of tribes. It is the artificial foisting of different tribes together to suit the needs of colonialist exploitation that created tribalism, or the rivalry of different tribes within the same state.

But even without colonialism, given that these tribes shared common borders, assuming the white man never came, at some stage or the other these tribes would have collided as part of the normal process of expansion through trade, war and intermarriage. The forests and the Niger would not long have divided the Ibo s and Yoruba's even without interference from abroad.

Indeed both tribes were united by a common domination by the great Benin empire. Ekiti slaves and ibo slaves would have mingled and mixed in the Benin royal court long before the first Portuguese set sail for Africa.

I am Yoruba and never cease to wonder how these two great tribes, the most resourceful on the continent, if you doubt come abroad and I defy any one to point to any African in Europe or America, more resourceful, self confident and willing to look the white man in the eye than the Yoruba or Ibo, I wonder how these two powerful nations don't seem to realise that it is largely their childish quarrels that have prevented the evolution of a more progressive Nigeria

Let's not pretend there are no differences, but many of the differences are based on myths and misrepresented history. Lets look at a few of them. I will try and be as honest and objective as possible.

AWOLOWO AND HIS LEGACY

Undoubtedly the greatest Yoruba man of the last hundred years. His free education policy opened the doors of learning to millions of the downtrodden who would have been doomed to a life of ignorance without it. This cannot be denied. He introduced free education in the western region just 5 years after Clement Attlee did in Britain. Tens of thousands of other Nigerians from the poorer classes benefited from this policy. Infact oposition to Awolow's free education policy was class based with many middle and upper class people from all tribes objecting to their kids being taught in the same schools as the barefooted offspring of the poorer classes.

AWOLOWO AND TRIBALISM

[b]Yes he resorted to tribalism when it suited him and he used it opportunistically to seek political power. [/b]However so did other nationalist leaders such as Azikiwe. To be fair to both men, The power of the feudal north which the British inserted in Nigeria as a fifth column meant it was almost impossible to defectively mobilize people against the colonial rulers away from the locality the major nationalists were based.

AWOLOWO AND BIAFRA

[b]Fact Awolowo did betray Biafra. [/b]The Nigerian attack on Biafra was an act of aggression which Awolowo supported, by joining the federal cabinet of Gowon. I also believe in one Nigeria, as I believe that only the unity of Africa would lift us out of poverty and underdevelopment. But this has to be voluntary. Gowon's one Nigeria was built on the corpses of 30,000 Ibo men, women and children slaughtered by the feudal oligarchy in the North. The secession of Biafra was an act of self defense which was just and right at the time

THE YORUBA'S AND BIAFRA

If the truth be told, most ordinary Yoruba's did not initially support the attack on Biafra. it should not be forgotten that the struggle against the feudal Oligarchy in the north had been started by the masses of Yoruba land who rendered the western region ungovernable after Ahmadu Bello foisted the rotten Akintola on its people, without their struggle, Nzeogwu et al would not have found the will to stage the coup off January 1966. . Even Obasanjo a key ally of the northern elite admitted in his book, My command that there was no appetite amongst the ordinary Yoruba people for the North's war of aggression against Biafra in 1967 The attack on Ore changed this and I strongly feel lost Biafra the war.

However the attack of Biafran forces from the mid west turned the tables. Regardless of the  military benefits of the incursion it was politically suicidal. War must always serve political ends. The attack on the west by the Biafran army played into the north's hands by pushing the mass of the erstwhile ambivalent Yoruba people behind the federal war effort. Thousands of Yoruba’s subsequently joined the federal army against the east.

I firmly believe that if Biafra had not invaded the west, they would have won the civil war. Wars are not won by bullets but social support. Regardless of good intentions as the great French revolutionary Maximilian Robespierre once said, neutral people do not accept armed missionaries on their land . The arrival of armed Ibo soldiers on Yoruba land pushed the largely sympathetic mass of the Yoruba people behind awolow's opportunistic policy of supporting the federal assault on Biafra.

THE YORUBA'S NATURALLY HATE THE IBO'S

A myth. Apart from the usual banter, there is no record of Ibo's being physically attacked in the western region as they regularly are in the north. It is also a fact that the premier of the Western Region a Yoruba, Ladoke Akintola was killed by largely Ibo soldiers. The mass of the Yoruba people till this day have always supported that coup, even though Okpara the eastern region premier was not killed. There is a strong social democratic spirit amongst the ordinary yoruba man that places ideology and principle above parochial sentiment. the issue was not whether Akintola, a Yoruba was killed by Ibos,  while Okpara was spared  The issue for them was that Akintola was a reactionary and retrograde, Okpara, a progressive was not - the coup was seen as a progressive one so to them it was just natural that the conservatives should be dealt with while the progressives should be spared.

it is a fact that Kaduna Nzeogwu is as popular today in the west as he is in the east.

IBO INDUSTRY

A fact. the most productive people in Africa. If the Nigerian government had tapped the ingenuity of the ibo's which reached its height during the civil war, we would be well on our way to industrial greatness today. We used to laugh at ibo made at the same time as we made fun of China made. China is now the world's industrial power house. A missed opportunity

YORUBA EDUCATION AND POLITICAL AWARENESS

Not to be sniffed at. In England and the US the Yoruba;'s are by far and away the most educated Africans.  In Nigeria most Yoruba  homes would boast of at least one graduate. The level of enlightenment has made the Yoruba's the most politically conscious people in Nigeria. This is why the history of Nigeria really is the history of the struggle of the Yoruba lower classes. The revolt in the 60's put paid to the first republic. It was their uprising in the second republic that put paid to that corrupt regime. And without the June 12 struggles of the largely Yoruba masses in the south-west, the country will still be under military rule. This cannot be denied

YORUBA COWARDICE

Myth. A warlike people who have produced some pre colonial Nigeria greatest generals, such as Lagelu, Lishabi, Ogunmola, Oluyole, Ogedengbe etc are no cowards. In the colonial and post colonial era, the ruggedly individua  Ibo's have always produced the braver, more enterprising fighters, the bravest insurgents the  best civil right and trade union activists in Nigeria have always been from the east. But collectively, the Yorubas have always been in a class of their own. There is no other part of Nigeria where the mass of the people can be so easily roused in to action as in Yoruba land. The ordinary man in the west isALSO much less intimidated by power and money than their counterparts  are in the mercantile east or the fuedal north. No matter how rich you are in the south-west there are boundaries that cannot be crossed when dealing with the downtrodden. The ordinary people in the east and north are much more subservient.

NONSENSE.

Another Yoruba bashing tread .
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

And yet another IGBO BIAFRA Thread. . .

Fact: Biafra lost the war.
Fact: Ojukwu ran away to Ivory Coast by Night.
Fact: Ojukwu starved Biafrans by giving the Food Aids to the soldiers and not to civilians.
Fact: Black Scorpion killed over a trailer load of Ndi Igbos so he (representing Yorubas) cant be a coward.
Fact: The Biafran seccession wasnt an act of self-defense but one borne out of pride, selfishness and greed.
Fact: Ojukwu knew he wasnt prepared for war yet forged ahead and that act led to the death of over 20,000 Ndi Igbos.
Fact: The Yorubas did the wise thing by not forcing themselves into a war that they knew they could not win.
Fact: The Igbos might be industrous, but their isnt one Igbo man on the TOP 10 richest Nigerian/Nigerian businesses List.
Fact: Biafran apologists are cry babies that can never be pacified and so should be ignored.
Fact: Dede1 is a member of the Igbo Terrorist group BIKO HARAM.
Fact: The Pogrom was as a result of the January 1966 Nzeogwu led coup which was widely believed to be an IGBO COUP.
Fact: Biafra didnt lose the war because of Awolowo, but because they were outclasses strategically.
Fact: Ojukwu never believed in the Biafran cause enough to die in the pursuit of it, thats why no other militant Igbo group has risen since 1970.
Fact: Biafra is old news.
Fact: The ABURI ACCORD is obsolete in this day and time.
Fact: Igbos never showed Ojukwu the same love they are showing him in death when he was alive.
Fact: Ohaneze, Biafra and Massob abondoned Ojukwu on his death bed in London as testified by Igwe Nwokedi and his wife Bianca Ojukwu nee Onoh.
Fact: I am an Igbo man.
Fact: Some Biafran douche-bags would insult me for telling them the bitter truth.
Fact: I wasnt high when I wrote this.
Fact: I'm gonna enjoy the rebuttals.
Fact: The Igbos are a very hateful ethinic group as is evidenced with the marginalization/subjugation of fellow Igbos in the name of a cast system (OSU's), let alone yorubas, hausas and the middle-belt.
Fact: The Igbos did not achieve anything from the Biafran war but the loss of its sons and daughters.
Fact: The Ogbunigwe was not a sophisticated "ground-to-air" nor "ground-to-ground" missile, but was a crude weapon no better than a colonial british cannon.
Fact: The refining of fuel in the bushes during the war was not an extra-ordinary technology as any child who studied separation techniques in secondary school Chemistry class, especially fractional distillation and cracking should be able to do same with a bursen burner and a few flasks and beakers.

Fact: If the Ojukwu were a wise man, he would have canvassed for democracy before fighting for secession rather than confront a military regime which he knew as was indicated in the minutes of the ABURI CONFERENCE was importing and stockpiling  arms and ammuinition.

THUNDER FIRE YOU TO DEATH FOR PROCLAIMING THAT YOU ARE AN IGBO MAN. Keep deceiving ur wicked self. Sayin u r igbo is like onlytruth or Dede1 sayin they r yoruba. I knw u'll have many usernames here you use to attack igbos.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by iconaus: 1:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
Given Ojukwu governor is an insult to his personality . He was once a leader of a Nation and u re talking of giving him Governor. U must be out of your mind
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by cdoffx(m): 1:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
its a truth that the war is between Biafra and Nigeria however its also a truth that the northern aggression against the ibo civilians in the north prompted the war.
its also a fact that Nzeogwu et al would not have gotten the motivation to carry out the first coup if not for the western region outburst against Amadu-Akintola alliance.
i wonder what will become of the SNC with the way we let sentiment becloud our sense of reasonin.
hope we'll not eventually go to another war in few years to come
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by cdoffx(m): 1:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
any kid will know that its better we all go our different ways especially with these kind of hatred that NLders exhibit.
what i just believe is that our leaders only keep us together because of the selfish interest they get from the entity Nigeria while we're here fighting each other.
no wonder even in wars the leader meet with themselves at conference table trying to reach a conclusion benefitial to both sides while the masses(combatants) face each other with guns and shells
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by cdoffx(m): 1:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
lets say northerners had to revenge against ibo soldiers after the coop why the ibo civilians in the north.
everybody knows northerners are too brutal people.even boko haram showed they don't want one Nigeria.
i wonder why we Yorubas sometimes get sentimental lets look beyond the ibo calling our Awolowo as a betrayal, the post election violence in the north.is it also a counter counter coup.
its better ibo &yoruba bury the past and forge ahead but the northerners they'll never change bokoharam confirms it
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Gbawe: 1:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
icon aus:

Igbos don't regret the war . The war was inevitable . People especially the yorubas who think that we re  regretting the war ; got it wrong. The only regret was that Biafra was not actualised but for going to war ; we  re proud of that because is only igbos amongst the Nigerian tribes can only moster such audacity and courage to fight the whole nigeria and this is evident upon the present Nigeria as 1) [b]igbos are still in every nook and crevices of Nigeria - coward people cant venture out of there zones given igbos past experience in Nigeria [/b]2) despite mistreatment and marginalisation of igbos yet igbos are the most progressive people in Nigeria today  currently there is no more villages in SE - what a people ? Our fathers were given only 20 pounds after the defeat of Biafra to start life . Where are the igbos now? at the top .What a tribe?  and rise of the igbos is just the beginning and that is the fears that is gripping other tribes esp SW  . watch out the current trend in regard to ethnic realignment - SS and North central are now aligning with the South east . Is SW going take far North as allies( BOKO) ? i think the answer is no after Abiola murder . SW wisen up and face the reality or do you want to carve out your own country as evident in  the last election where ACN won all the governor seats in SW and non support of jonathan by  SW in the presidential election.

It really is amusing to read this sort of casual villification of the Yorubas that defy commonsense and logic . So the Yorubas are now cowards because they are not interested in living outside the SW? How many Americans care to see what is outside America? Do you know how many Britons (top-flight footballers for example) who refuse to work outside Britain because they are happy with their nation and believe they will only experience a lower quality of life moving abroad? Are Americans and Britons "cowards" also for holding this view or should we admit that they have a right to feel that way by virtue of how their people , via delivering much of the world's popular culture, may think they gain nothing moving out of a place they consider to be comparatively the best to live in? People, especially pertaining to professional migration, go where they feel they can gain more than they have already.

Is it not obvious that, in Nigeria, the Yoruba may simply not have 'wanderlust' because they believe that , in their domain, they have the best cultural, familial, recreational and existential experience possible? Why are you blind to the fact that some folks may be selective as per migration? 

Do we not see the Yorubas moving to the UK, USA et al without hesitation, and excelling? If they are cowards why move entirely outside Nigeria and Africa to a continent with a totally different culture and ways of life that requires the sort of proactive re-adjustment that will put off those not up for a challenge? You should simply accept that moving outside the SW may simply not be deemed a worthwile "challenge" by the Yorubas. You guys should carry on your hatred against each other, since that is what you enjoy doing on this forum the most lately,  but try and keep it intelligent, believable and factual.

If Yorubas find no need to move beyond their border, especially to certain places they feel will not enhance their lives, that is not a negative indictment against them (except to a hater) same as it is not sensibly to ascribe any sort of greatness or bravery to those happy to go everywhere. It is still a matter of choice - and not of bravery or cowardice. An intelligent and exposed person, with a world view, instead of a feudalstic and parochial outlook, would understand this. The Lebanese are all over Africa like white on rice. By your simplistic and feudalistic reasoning, they must also be "brave" and "audacious" not so?

Even in Ghana, as an example, go and see what Yorubas are doing in terms of organised businesses with highs Street presence.

The sort of brainless and ignorant feudalism killing NL lately is very sad to behold.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
At d set time, late ikemba's place will be occupied thru nature. Its not in contest, Igbos must move on with same spirit Ikemba shared and worry less about a replacement. Nature will definitely raise a replacement, but certainly not with a man that has had no shoes,
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by yiladogo: 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
is this about ibo Yoruba rivalry, or is this guy just angry with Yoruba's for choosing to remain in Nigeria during the Civil war. Obviously you don't know your history well and you're just blabbing about stuff you don't really know much about.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2012
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Chinom(m): 2:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
Admin, it's about time you abolish all these Yoruba/ Igbo nonsense. Any friendly Yoruba person that will make me money is welcome. Any stupid, idiotic one will be dealt with squarely. Of course i will always cherish them big-ass yoruba women. They are way more hornier than Igbo women. By the end of the day. The individual in front of me is who matters. Enough of these tribal rubbish.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 2:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
El Guapo:

[size=18pt]OFFICIALLY DISOWNED BY THE SOVERIGN TERRITORY OF IGBOLAND![/size]

[size=18pt]MODAFUCKERS [/size]

[size=15pt]Lieut. Col Arinze Come take them Away[/size] angry angry angry

Maka why?!

What have I done that warrants being disowned?!  angry

ACM10:

So what made you conclude that he's an Igbo? This is the problem with my people. We are too accommodating to the point of silly. You think that writing in Igbo makes one an Igbo? He is never an Igbo from day one. He is a bona fide yoruba poster. Let us not assume that our language is so difficult that other tribe cannot learn it. I've even come across a fulani man that speaks Owerri dialect fluently. It is an insult to my fellow tribesmen to regard Okija_mumu/Kilode/okada_man as one of us.

D'ick-rider!!

na you sabi. . . .   Okija juju dont die, we multiply. . . .
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by kayusbrown(m): 3:04pm On Feb 29, 2012
Judging and Evaluating people based on Race, Nationality, Tribe, Religion e.t.c is not only myopic but also obnoxious! Isn't it obvious that no one REALLY had a choice in deciding which Race, Nation, Tribe, Religion e.t.c he/she was born to blong too? If most of the Yorubas and Igbos (and other tribes in Nigeria) here really had such choice, they won't choose to be born in Nigeria where poverty rate is above 50 percent! As far as the world is concerned, there are only two types of people: The GOOD ones and the BAD ones. Being good or bad is a product of human volition and choice with conscience serving as the judge. Race, Nationality, Tribe, Religion e.t.c are mere parameters of human classification based on mostly selfish reasons which is why it is always controversial. Arguements about race or tribal superiority are not only evil as such classification is, but also never lead to a useful or logical conclussion. You are either GOOD or BAD! Your conscience is there to judge you.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
kcswat:

THUNDER FIRE YOU TO DEATH FOR PROCLAIMING THAT YOU ARE AN IGBO MAN. Keep deceiving ur wicked self. Sayin u r igbo is like onlytruth or Dede1 sayin they r yoruba. I knw u'll have many usernames here you use to attack igbos.

Kcswat

Fact: You like many other Igbos here know that I am indeed Igbo, but marvel at my ability to say the truth without bias or fear.
Fact: You did not witness the Biafran war, neither do you have personal stories close to home to tell about the war, but feel that you must support the cry baby Igbos just because that the cool thing amongst young Igbos.
Fact: You are mindless zombie who lacks the ability to speak for himself.
Fact: You know everything I said is indeed fact.
Fact: You are too much of a coward to admit that there is alot of truth in my Post.
Fact: If you disrespect me again, I shall not be this courteous.

Fact: You now think of yourself as my Hater, when you have indeed become one of my numerous groupie fans.
Fact: You love Okija. . .  cool
Fact: I shall offer sacrifices on your behalf to the gods and pary they forgive your earlier transgressions towards their servant and great high priest.

Udo diri ghi, Nwannem woke'.

Long Live Nigeria, Long Live Anambra State, Long live Agukwu Nri.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by dagboss(m): 3:20pm On Feb 29, 2012
@Gbawe

I pulled this out of the brilliant lot you wrote:

Even in Ghana, as an example, go and see what Yorubas are doing in terms of organised businesses with highs Street presence.

God bless you for educating the people deserving it; you might still tell them that Seyi Adebayo of then Arsenal, Onoifade and about four others that played for Togo some time ago are all full blooded Yoruba boys. There are millions of Yoruba business people all over the West Africa sub-region. Go to Ejigbo today (Adebayo's) town there is virtually no street that does not have somebody representing it in either Ivory Coast or Togo. If Yorubas are avoiding some parts of the country they have their reasons for that, and this is definitely not cowardice. I know there are thousands of Yorubas in PH, Calabar, Uyo, Warri, Benin, even Yenogoa, and virtually all over the north.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 3:23pm On Feb 29, 2012
I laugh when Nigerians speak of Ghana. I laugh tire.
Una have no idea what is going on there at all. Una no wonder why dem no like Nigerians? I laugh at the organized business.
Only in Nigeria would that fly.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 3:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
@OP

IMO the two groups would do better living far away from eachother, not interacting in anyway possible.
That's how our ancestors survived, we should copy that thus a decrease in all the wahalla
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
One_Naira:

@OP

IMO the two groups would do better living far away from eachother, not interacting in anyway possible.
That's how our ancestors survived, we should copy that.

IMO you and other Biafran apologists should be arrested and shot dead. Until such a time as that happens, Ndi Igbo would never cease to be in the back seat of Nigerian politics. angry
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 3:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

IMO you and other Biafran apologists should be arrested and shot dead. Until such a time as that happens, Ndi Igbo would never cease to be in the back seat of Nigerian politics. angry

This fake, wanna be Igbo should mind himself.

Never reply to me again until you have respect for yourself
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by LogicMind: 3:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
Gbawe:

It really is amusing to read this sort of casual villification of the Yorubas that defy commonsense and logic . So the Yorubas are now cowards because they are not interested in living outside the SW? How many Americans care to see what is outside America? Do you know how many Britons (top-flight footballers for example) who refuse to work outside Britain because they are happy with their nation and believe they will only experience a lower quality of life moving abroad? Are Americans and Britons "cowards" also for holding this view or should we admit that they have a right to feel that way by virtue of how their people , via delivering much of the world's popular culture, may think they gain nothing moving out of a place they consider to be comparatively the best to live in? People, especially pertaining to professional migration, go where they feel they can gain more than they have already.

Is it not obvious that, in Nigeria, the Yoruba may simply not have 'wanderlust' because they believe that , in their domain, they have the best cultural, familial, recreational and existential experience possible? Why are you blind to the fact that some folks may be selective as per migration? 

Do we not see the Yorubas moving to the UK, USA et al without hesitation, and excelling? If they are cowards why move entirely outside Nigeria and Africa to a continent with a totally different culture and ways of life that requires the sort of proactive re-adjustment that will put off those not up for a challenge? You should simply accept that moving outside the SW may simply not be deemed a worthwile "challenge" by the Yorubas. You guys should carry on your hatred against each other, since that is what you enjoy doing on this forum the most lately,  but try and keep it intelligent, believable and factual.

If Yorubas find no need to move beyond their border, especially to certain places they feel will not enhance their lives, that is not a negative indictment against them (except to a hater) same as it is not sensibly to ascribe any sort of greatness or bravery to those happy to go everywhere. It is still a matter of choice - and not of bravery or cowardice. An intelligent and exposed person, with a world view, instead of a feudalstic and parochial outlook, would understand this. The Lebanese are all over Africa like white on rice. By your simplistic and feudalistic reasoning, they must also be "brave" and "audacious" not so?

The sort of brainless and ignorant feudalism killing NL lately is very sad to behold.

You are talking as if there is a country called Yorubaland. There isn't. You sold out to nigeria and the fulanis. Now you are afraid to venture into their land. I know you go elsewhere as you mentioned: ghana, US, UK, but your own nigeria parts are no go area for you. What other word can describe that except "grave cowardice".
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
One_Naira:

This fake, wanna be Igbo should mind himself.

Never reply to me again until you have respect for yourself

Taaa!! Shaatap there. . . angry

Fake wanna be Biafran Soldier. Trying to fight a war that has already been lost. angry
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Taaa!! Shaatap there. . . angry

Fake wanna be Biafran Soldier. Trying to fight a war that has already been lost. angry

This ones head like a patched up tire.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by africanwriter(m): 3:52pm On Feb 29, 2012
The world is simply made up of Good and Bad people. We shouldn't nail our grievances on people's tribe, race or religion. This is a well-written piece, and I think the bottom line is we should learn to coexist peacefully as ONE.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by LogicMind: 4:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
africanwriter:

The world is simply made up of Good and Bad people. We shouldn't nail our grievances on people's tribe, race or religion. This is a well-written piece, and I think the bottom line is we should learn to coexist peacefully as ONE.

I disagree. The world is made up of good and yoruba people. No need trying to co-exist with them. Worse than snakes.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 29, 2012
And Eastern Nigeria is populated by True Igbos (like myself) and Terrorist Igbos a.k.a Biafrans. . .

Until the latter all die off, True Igbos would always be reffered to as ritualists, drug pushers, fake goods manufacturers and petty traders. . I wish they all would just die.

God bless the True Igbos. . .
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Dede1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Fact: Biafra lost the war.
Fact: Ojukwu ran away to Ivory Coast by Night.
Fact: Ojukwu starved Biafrans by giving the Food Aids to the soldiers and not to civilians.
Fact: Black Scorpion killed over a trailer load of Ndi Igbos so he (representing Yorubas) cant be a coward.
Fact: The Biafran seccession wasnt an act of self-defense but one borne out of pride, selfishness and greed.
Fact: Ojukwu knew he wasnt prepared for war yet forged ahead and that act led to the death of over 20,000 Ndi Igbos.
Fact: The Yorubas did the wise thing by not forcing themselves into a war that they knew they could not win.
Fact: The Igbos might be industrous, but their isnt one Igbo man on the TOP 10 richest Nigerian/Nigerian businesses List.
Fact: Biafran apologists are cry babies that can never be pacified and so should be ignored.
Fact: Dede1 is a member of the Igbo Terrorist group BIKO HARAM.
Fact: The Pogrom was as a result of the January 1966 Nzeogwu led coup which was widely believed to be an IGBO COUP.
Fact: Biafra didnt lose the war because of Awolowo, but because they were outclasses strategically.
Fact: Ojukwu never believed in the Biafran cause enough to die in the pursuit of it, thats why no other militant Igbo group has risen since 1970.
Fact: Biafra is old news.
Fact: The ABURI ACCORD is obsolete in this day and time.
Fact: Igbos never showed Ojukwu the same love they are showing him in death when he was alive.
Fact: Ohaneze, Biafra and Massob abondoned Ojukwu on his death bed in London as testified by Igwe Nwokedi and his wife Bianca Ojukwu nee Onoh.
Fact: I am an Igbo man.
Fact: Some Biafran douche-bags would insult me for telling them the bitter truth.
Fact: I wasnt high when I wrote this.
Fact: I'm gonna enjoy the rebuttals.
Fact: The Igbos are a very hateful ethinic group as is evidenced with the marginalization/subjugation of fellow Igbos in the name of a cast system (OSU's), let alone yorubas, hausas and the middle-belt.
Fact: The Igbos did not achieve anything from the Biafran war but the loss of its sons and daughters.
Fact: The Ogbunigwe was not a sophisticated "ground-to-air" nor "ground-to-ground" missile, but was a crude weapon no better than a colonial british cannon.
Fact: The refining of fuel in the bushes during the war was not an extra-ordinary technology as any child who studied separation techniques in secondary school Chemistry class, especially fractional distillation and cracking should be able to do same with a bursen burner and a few flasks and beakers.

Fact: If the Ojukwu were a wise man, he would have canvassed for democracy before fighting for secession rather than confront a military regime which he knew as was indicated in the minutes of the ABURI CONFERENCE was importing and stockpiling  arms and ammuinition.

Fact: Biafra lost the war. No brainer

Fact: Ojukwu ran away to Ivory Coast by Night. Mor0n!!  In war there is a tactical withdrawal

Fact: Ojukwu starved Biafrans by giving the Food Aids to the soldiers and not to civilians. This is Fool’s delight. Conjecture at best

Fact: Black Scorpion killed over a trailer load of Ndi Igbos so he (representing Yorubas) cant be a coward. Black Scorpion was one of loudmouthed junks that fought the war.  He was never in any battle talk less of killing Biafran soldier. In Ubani (Bonny his wife’s home town), 15th brigade under Akinrinade was almost destroyed by Biafran 8th Battalion under Kalu. Akinrinade who was wounded and his brigagde were served by the guns of NNS Lokoja under Commander N Soroh.

Fact: The Biafran seccession wasnt an act of self-defense but one borne out of pride, selfishness and greed. Anybody who saw the attack at Gerkam, Obollo Afor and Enugu Ezike would beg to decline.

Fact: Ojukwu knew he wasnt prepared for war yet forged ahead and that act led to the death of over 20,000 Ndi Igbos. This is a nonsensical conjuncture borne out of inherent stupidity. Gowon and Nigeria were not prepared for the war talk less a region which was visited with aggression by Nigeria.

Fact: The Yorubas did the wise thing by not forcing themselves into a war that they knew they could not win. The decision made by the Yoruba to join the war with northern region of Nigeria shall live after them.

Fact: The Igbos might be industrous, but their isnt one Igbo man on the TOP 10 richest Nigerian/Nigerian businesses List. Idiotic mor0n such as you forgot Ndigbo, while fighting a war of survival, Yoruba, Hausa. Kanuri and Fulani usurped the position of the Ndigbo in cesspit called Nigeria. However, Ndigbo are known to have “never say die” attitude.  

Fact: Biafran apologists are cry babies that can never be pacified and so should be ignored. You have to ignore Igbo grievances at your peril.

Fact: Dede1 is a member of the Igbo Terrorist group BIKO HARAM. No, Dede1 belongs wise Igbo group which intends to see to the disintegration of the jungle called Nigeria.

Fact: The Pogrom was as a result of the January 1966 Nzeogwu led coup which was widely believed to be an IGBO COUP. Which of the pogroms If I may ask, ponk?

Fact: Biafra didnt lose the war because of Awolowo, but because they were outclasses strategically. Of course, Awolowo and strategy were not the reasons Biafra lost the war. I shall give you half mark for this revelation, junkyard dog.

Fact: Ojukwu never believed in the Biafran cause enough to die in the pursuit of it, thats why no other militant Igbo group has risen since 1970. Ojukwu believed in Biafra and that was the reason behind his tactical withdrawal.

Fact: Biafra is old news. Again, Biafra is a enigma.

Fact: The ABURI ACCORD is obsolete in this day and time. Yet the mor0ons all over the jungle called Nigeria are calling on the principles agreed on Aburi, Ghana.

Fact: Igbos never showed Ojukwu the same love they are showing him in death when he was alive. Ndigbo have always shown the love they are showing Oujkwu in death even when he strayed. Remember that Ndigbo are said not have Kings.

Fact: Ohaneze, Biafra and Massob abondoned Ojukwu on his death bed in London as testified by Igwe Nwokedi and his wife Bianca Ojukwu nee Onoh. I guess stupidity can not be fixed as evidenced by this statement

Fact: I am an Igbo man. You could be an Igbo but first grade efulefu. I recommend a DNA test on you.

Fact: Some Biafran douche-bags would insult me for telling them the bitter truth. I guess it takes one useless douche-bag to recognize another.

Fact: I wasnt high when I wrote this. Of course, you were not high but low in intellectual pedigree.

Fact: I'm gonna enjoy the rebuttals. You are not gonna enjoy the rebuttals

Fact: The Igbos are a very hateful ethinic group as is evidenced with the marginalization/subjugation of fellow Igbos in the name of a cast system (OSU's), let alone yorubas, hausas and the middle-belt. I guess you an OSU as evidenced by your self-hatefulness.

Fact: The Igbos did not achieve anything from the Biafran war but the loss of its sons and daughters. At least, history was made as result of Biafra’s first secession attempt.

Fact: The Ogbunigwe was not a sophisticated "ground-to-air" nor "ground-to-ground" missile, but was a crude weapon no better than a colonial british cannon. At least, the foolishness in you allowed you to have Biafra and British in comparative sentence. What about the jungle known as Nigeria?

Fact: The refining of fuel in the bushes during the war was not an extra-ordinary technology as any child who studied separation techniques in secondary school Chemistry class, especially fractional distillation and cracking should be able to do same with a bursen burner and a few flasks and beakers. Remember Nigeria is yet to assemble one such elementary joke. Even the refineries built for Nigeria by foreigner could not be maintained.  

Fact: If the Ojukwu were a wise man, he would have canvassed for democracy before fighting for secession rather than confront a military regime which he knew as was indicated in the minutes of the ABURI CONFERENCE was importing and stockpiling  arms and ammuinition. This is another moronic indulgence borne out of inherent stupidity.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by Okijajuju1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

This ones head like a patched up tire.

See this Yoruba girl o!!

Wetin come make your matter bad pass be say, untop of say you be Yoruba, you now are of the worst breed of Yoruba which is Ekiti Yoruba.

I for like remind you say your mouth dey like obogwu (duckfowl) own, but why beat a woman who is already down. . .

I shall keep Ekiti in my prayers. Rumours have it that your state should declare Bankruptcy before the end of the year. When That happens, Anabra would buy your Yoruba state and use it for poultry project hence providing job to you and your kinsmen. I hope your egg picking skills are as sharp as your mouth.  grin  tongue
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by samstradam: 4:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
As indicated by most of the responses on this thread the OP has failed woefully and if he still has plans of putting forward a part 2, I'd strongly advise against it.

IMO this has occurred mainly due to the mouthfuls of insincerity inherent within the write up. I mean I do not doubt the genuineness of his intentions, but that does not excuse writing a largely stereotypical piece and calling it fact .

Furthermore his cause is not helped by outlandishly impractical statements like "Awolowo betrayed Biafra" (lol) or poor enough scholarship as to maintain Igbos are culturally more subservient than the Yoruba peoples.

Anyway all I can see here is a good political piece, I'm struggling to encounter fact let alone truth. The plain truth would have been "if Igbos have a problem with Yorubas, it's really their fault (ie. the igboman)" and "if Yorubas have a problem with Igbos, it's really their fault (ie. the yorubaman); as that is the fact that peaceful coexistence in most of southern Nigeria and the diaspora supports.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by coogar: 4:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Kcswat

Fact: You like many other Igbos here know that I am indeed Igbo, but marvel at my ability to say the truth without bias or fear.
Fact: You did not witness the Biafran war, neither do you have personal stories close to home to tell about the war, but feel that you must support the cry baby Igbos just because that the cool thing amongst young Igbos.
Fact: You are mindless zombie who lacks the ability to speak for himself.
Fact: You know everything I said is indeed fact.
Fact: You are too much of a coward to admit that there is alot of truth in my Post.
Fact: If you disrespect me again, I shall not be this courteous.

Fact: You now think of yourself as my Hater, when you have indeed become one of my numerous groupie fans.
Fact: You love Okija. . .  cool
Fact: I shall offer sacrifices on your behalf to the gods and pary they forgive your earlier transgressions towards their servant and great high priest.

Udo diri ghi, Nwannem woke'.

Long Live Nigeria, Long Live Anambra State, Long live Agukwu Nri.

nothing truer has ever been spoken on this forum.
okija-juju, take a bow son!
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by OneNaira6: 4:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

And Eastern Nigeria is populated by True Igbos (like myself) and Terrorist Igbos a.k.a Biafrans. . .

Until the latter all die off, True Igbos would always be reffered to as ritualists, drug pushers, fake goods manufacturers and petty traders. . I wish they all would just die.

God bless the True Igbos. . .

Dude GET A LIFE

You are getting pathetic as the minute goes by.
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by kemisuga(f): 4:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww. SMH tongue
Re: Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 by cdoffx(m): 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
i can't but cry for the entity called Nigeria. this state has really failed as its evident from what she has produced in term of people(sentimental haters).
i don't know if to say i'm proud to be a Yorubaman or a Nigeria but its better i say i'm proud to be an African. if the entity NIGERIA fails totally then i'm proud to be a Yorubaman if otherwise i'm proud to be a Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mohammed Indimi's Oriental Energy Named In UK Criminal Conviction / Obong Attah "It Is Well With My Soul" Book Launch: Udom, Oshiomole, Ngige Attend / Revealed! Why Buhari Is Backing Oshiomhole On Direct Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.