Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Is She Just Stringing Me Along? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Just Stringing Me Along? (3105 Views)

Seduction Or She's Just Being Too Nice? Advice Needed! / My Gf Is Too Bossy. See What She Just Did To Me 2day. (advise Needed) / When She Just Wants To Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by apache77(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
I met this beautiful girl about a month ago. She’s serving in Ibadan and came to visit friends in my city where we met and hit it off (am not too sure we did).

She’s the laid back sort so I had to pull out all the stops to try to get her. First date, a handshake, second date a hug, third date, a peck, fourth date a kiss (that seemed to be so brief it may not even have happened) and that’s as far as I got.

Subsequently, she spent a couple of nights- about 3- in my house before she had to leave back to Ibadan. Those three nights, she didn’t let me touch her (and later even bragged she had no intention of shaging me).

In between when we first met and when she left, we hung out many many times and she often seemed eager to be with me, but all the while she kept on giving me conflicting signals. Am in love with her, but I don’t think the feeling is mutual. The chemistry seems to be there (though we argue a lot), but atimes, her body language just leaves me flustered, confused and frustrated.

She’s been gone a week now , and though we chat all day,  and she makes sure she calls me at least once a day, I don’t seem to know what to make of this relationship (if indeed it is).

Though she insists she doesn’t have a boyfriend, she has at the same time never told me she loves me, never alluded to anything more than friendship between us, yet has also always wondered why she hasn’t met any of my folks or friends.

I told her its cos much of the time we were together, it was supposed to be our 'alone time'. On her part part though, I have met her guardian, most of her friends,  spoken to her 2 sisters on phone as well as her mum. 

The whole thing just seems amorphous without any form or shape and I don’t know if am wasting my time. As I dont even have a single second to waste, I am worried. Is she into me? Or just sees me as someone she may every once in a  while catch her trips with? I don’t have the patience to try to find out so I just wanna know if I should hitch up my trousers and scram. Any advice people?
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by MrsChima1(f): 12:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
What do you think?
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Killz3(m): 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
She is obviously wiser than you are. How can you meet a person for just a month and you claim you love her? Do you know the meaning and implication of love? Or does love mean sex to you?
If the chemistry is there, why not build on it to something more lasting and worthwhile? Why are you in a hurry to get into the pants of a lady you claim to love? If you really love her, you'll wait.
She has the time to chat with you all day, and then calls you once a day? She likes you quite alright but you are being too forward and that may eventually put her off. Why don't you take things slow? It's obvious she's studying you, don't disappoint yourself as she has nothing to lose.
She may not have a boyfriend. But unlike you, she realizes that she cannot fall in love with another homo sapiens in less than 2 months. She's taking her time to see if you will be the next boyfriend, but you my friend are in a hurry to be faster than your shadow. Give it time, and be yourself.

You can decide to scram, but why not remain cam and collected? What do you want from this relationship? is it just sex? If you want only sex, i don't think she is up for that. if you want something more lasting, be patient and study her as well, and find out if she has the qualities of a future wife. There is no need to be in a hurry to open a gift you know is yours. I month is too small a time to define a relationship! wink

1 Like

Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by deor03(m): 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
You are probably confused because you are yet to make love to her.

She is taking her time to nurture or understand the relationship, please give her time.

LOVE is not equal to SEX . and SEX is not equal to LOVE
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by beylinko(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
They all said it all. U are moving damn 2 fast. I am not sure even if u are serious or not. For her giving u this huge attention at dis stage, u must be very lucky. If u dont wanna lose her take things a little slow. Enjoy the process now and other things will follow. Delete intimacy from your head 4 now cos u are misshng beta things in dat relationship.
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Beync(f): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
Upon all the things u have written, one can deduct that u r being confuse becos u havnt been intimate with her. When u get it ur nervous system will calm. Any other thing?
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by omega25red(m): 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
apache77:

I met this beautiful girl about a month ago. She’s serving in Ibadan and came to visit friends in my city where we met and hit it off (am not too sure we did).

She’s the laid back sort so I had to pull out all the stops to try to get her. First date, a handshake, second date a hug, third date, a peck, fourth date a kiss (that seemed to be so brief it may not even have happened) and that’s as far as I got.

Subsequently, she spent a couple of nights- about 3- in my house before she had to leave back to Ibadan.Those three nights, she didn’t let me touch her (and later even bragged she had no intention of shaging me).

In between when we first met and when she left, we hung out many many times and she often seemed eager to be with me, but all the while she kept on giving me conflicting signals. Am in love with her, but I don’t think the feeling is mutual. The chemistry seems to be there (though we argue a lot), but atimes, her body language just leaves me flustered, confused and frustrated.

Though she insists she doesn’t have a boyfriend, she has at the same time never told me she loves me, never alluded to anything more than friendship between us, yet has also always wondered why she hasn’t met any of my folks or friends.

A girl you met a month ago has already made you fall in love shocked na wa oooo Nigerian women can't win if you jump in bed too soon you are a slut if you hold off then you are a prude . Poster you might want to just take it slow because it's obvious she is taking things slow. stop pressuring for sex and stop sweating her so hard geezz the worst thing a man can do us show a woman that he is desperate for her affections
she will loose respect for you and make you the maga you want to be. just take it slow
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by slimyem: 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
OP,girl's just trying to be careful b4 she jumps into a relationship with you.
she's taking it slow.stop pressuring her else you push her away.
he who laughs last, laughs best! cool cool
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Harbb: 2:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
If you are in doubt, ask her
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by hisoccer(m): 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
what a world,
young man learn to respect a lady so you two will be respected before her eyes. Thanks
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by AZeD1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
You dont love the girl, you just want to shag her. Tell yourself the truth,
slimyem:

OP,girl's just trying to be careful b4 she jumps into a relationship with you.
she's taking it slow.stop pressuring her else you push her away.
he who laughs last, laughs best! cool cool
He who laughs last did not get the joke the first time. He is an/a Olodo.
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Killz3(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
He who laughs last did not get the joke the first time.
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by drnoel: 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
he he he grin grin grin it happened to me.
She definitely likes u but want 2 string u along till she decides. She is not sure where to place u thats why. She's not sure if u should be a very good friend, a friend or just one of those her friends. Careful cos once u make a mistake u'd fall in2 the last group and once u get there, the game is over. Remember very beautiful girls have a very long list of guys going after them so u won't be the first.
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Konnektions146(m): 10:24am On Feb 29, 2012
just as others had said, she is a smart lady and can control wat she feels. no doubt she likes u alot but she has some concerns she is tryin to check.

take it easy and remove your mind from sexx and concentrate on bieng good friends and in due time , things will fall into place.
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Nextworldnx(m): 1:37pm On Feb 29, 2012
@OP, let me talk to u frm a player‘s angle. D girl is already ur girlfriend(u re just too a dunce to see that). Its d sex thing dats uppermost in ur mind right now, so follow my simple advise to d letter(else u lose her forever because of ur stupidity) to get her laid. 1. Reduce ur communication with her,let her do d calling. Mayb u call once in 2 days,and when u do, dont start complaining or asking her when she will give in, rather talk to her like ur girlfriend and be definitive as well giving her directions as what to do and what not to do.
2. Get busy with ur work or bizness and pay less attention to her(BY ALL MEANS)!
When u do these, d table will turn and she will be struggling to get ur attention. When this happens,d ball will be in ur court,u can get her laid whenever u want.
PS: dont ever let her know that getting her laid is ur goal,if u do,that will be d begining of ur misery!! Even if u succeed in getting her laid,act like its one of those things(even if u enjoyed everybit of it), and she will give u more of it. Trust me.

Secret to getting and keeping any girl, act like u dont care, cos if u show ur emotions, u are finished. Its d players no 1 RULE!
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by slimyem: 2:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
A-ZeD:
He who laughs last did not get the joke the first time. He is an/a Olodo.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by mobf: 7:04pm On Feb 29, 2012
apache77:

Subsequently, she spent a couple of nights- about 3- in my house before she had to leave back to Ibadan. Those three nights, she didn’t let me touch her (and later even bragged she had no intention of shaging me).

She’s been gone a week now , and though we chat all day, and she makes sure she calls me at least once a day, I don’t seem to know what to make of this relationship (if indeed it is).

I told her its cos much of the time we were together, it was supposed to be our 'alone time'. On her part part though, I have met her guardian, most of her friends, spoken to her 2 sisters on phone as well as her mum.

The whole thing just seems amorphous without any form or shape and I don’t know if am wasting my time. As I dont even have a single second to waste, I am worried. Is she into me? Or just sees me as someone she may every once in a while catch her trips with? I don’t have the patience to try to find out so I just wanna know if I should hitch up my trousers and scram. Any advice people?
Come on Bro. you know you just wanna hit that! be real, she may just let you have it
Re: Is She Just Stringing Me Along? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
Op, you want the solution?? String her along too, withdraw yourself. She wants to see back and let you do all the work, sit back too, show disinterest, and she will come running if she truly wants you.
Truss me, this method never fails - reverse psychology.

(1) (Reply)

PLEASE HELP: “ I Don’t Have A Girlfriend, No Girl Want To Be My Girlfriend” / Which State(s) In Nigeria Does The Most Beautiful Ladies Come From? / What Is The First Thing That Comes To Your Mind When You See This?[pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.