Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

What Do Arab Christians Call God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Arab Christians Call God? (21185 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Church Of England Is Satanic Wants To Call God A Woman / What Special Name Do You Call God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by pilgrim1(f): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2007
ifyalways:

imagine name of book you are recommending for someone THE COMPLETE IDIOTS GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING ISLAM.hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,my lips are sealed tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That should rather be: THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO [b]MIS[/b]UNDERSTANDING ISLAM! tongue

Muslims, with all their talk of trying to educate people about the "religion of peace", will never want you to truly understand Islam!
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by AlfaPrime: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2007
I still maintain the simple but profound truth that the Muslim deity and the Christian God are 2 separate, distinct beings. never mind what the arab Christians call God. Actually, recent research has shown that the actual name for God in arabic is NOT Allah but "Lah", that's a general word.

one thing u shd all recall is that Mohd in his propagation of Islam by Jihad first of all sought to wipe out all contrary views as to his belief in Allah, and not even the Muslim scholars will deny that there once existed several versions of the quran until one of Mohamed's descendants and successors destroyed all others and upheld only one.
the differences btw the 2 are so vast that there is really very little meeting point. The Bible came b4 the quran, and inseveral places in the latter, Moh'd actually pointed his followers to Jesus as an example they are to follow.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by ayinba1(f): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2007
@LOLA4EVER.
It is truly refreshing to read from a logical person on this website. I am impressed at your demeanour in the face of insults from  undecided. Suffice to say, keep up the good work. God, Allah, Chineke, Olorun sees all of us.

Peace
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2007
ayinba1:

@LOLA4EVER.
It is truly refreshing to read from a logical person on this website. I am impressed at your demeanour in the face of insults from undecided. Suffice to say, keep up the good work. God, Allah, Chineke, Olorun sees all of us.

Peace

Gimme a break you hypocrites! Who insulted LOLA4EVER? Are you reading things upside down?
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by sokislam(m): 4:40am On Oct 28, 2007
I baffles me when I discover that Computer literate can still be ignorant in this age of information, especially as concern the thing that are religious.

Who told you guys that Allah is the Arabic name for God?, it's a big lie that had penetrated the world for decades, which lots of individuals had swallowed even without checking its reliability.

To start with, Allah is the contraction or the Amalgamation of two words namely: Al-Ilah, well, it's wasn't my intention to load you guys with Arabic language, but I think a little knowledge of this will clarify the issue at hand, the Arabic word for God in Arabic language is ILAH, so someone may ask, how do we come about the word ALLAH?.

Like I said initially that Allah is the contraction of two words, Al-Ilah, Al denotes the Article The in Arabic language, for example: Al-Qur'an [/i]means [i]The Qur'an or Al-Kerim [/i]means [i]The Blessed or Al-Fathia means The Fathia, with these few examples, you guys should have the understanding that Allah means The god.

Now, let us put this words together and see the results of thing, Al+Ilah=Allah, which means The god. I will give you more Analysis on this subject later. Till then, you guys should stay bless.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by mimiko(f): 4:44am On Oct 28, 2007
@ debonsky

dint u just feel a big slap on ur Face, u re so ignorant and unintelligent My goodness na wa ooooo a two year old knows that Hausa call God Allah and to inform u cos i see that u lack it Mulims dont have  a god we serve God and also Allah means God regarless the religion
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by debosky(m): 4:47am On Oct 28, 2007
@ mimiko

I apologise If I offended such a beautiful damsel in any way. please feel free to educate me. . .I will accept instruction from one as beautiful as you any day any time wink

I was only trying to distinguish between the 'native' Hausa and the Islamic form that is prevalent today.

In fact I think I'm in love with you. . .are you hausa by any chance? Ina sonki yarinya sosai
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by mimiko(f): 4:52am On Oct 28, 2007
@ sokislam

and to ur interpretation Al -Illah means the god? so because it is Al- Illa it should be refered to as god with the lil 'g'  
listen do u know that in islam there is no single word that dignifies him no single word is good enough
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by mimiko(f): 4:54am On Oct 28, 2007
ina sa inyanki kunmi miu miu ya yi? dandaudu
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by debosky(m): 5:03am On Oct 28, 2007
yarinya da kyau, my hausa is only keremi keremi, yaya zaman naija?
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 28, 2007
Debosky, the title of this thread is not: How do Arab christians toast chics.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by debosky(m): 5:16am On Oct 28, 2007
abeg carry your wahala go, abi your name na mimiko?

mimiko kuji kiranan da Allah wink
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 28, 2007
see this yeye man, you see woman your blood pressure don dey rise. grin
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by ayinba1(f): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2007
"Olorun" = "Oni" ="the owner" "Orun" = "the heavens".

So will a person calling on to Olorun be calling on a "God" totally different from "God"? Wake up people!

The question really is simple, What do Arab christians call God?  Allah.  shocked Deal with it grin. Allah is God in English Language.

Arguments to the contrary can be likened to a jew saying Jehovah is completely different from YHWH/Yahweh.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by U1(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2007
[url=http://[flash=200,200]http://nairaland.com[/flash]Na Allah now.][flash=200,200]http://nairaland.com[/flash]Na Allah now.[/url]
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2007
ayinba1:

"Olorun" = "Oni" ="the owner" "Orun" = "the heavens".

So will a person calling on to Olorun be calling on a "God" totally different from "God"? Wake up people!

The question really is simple, What do Arab christians call God? Allah. shocked Deal with it grin. Allah is God in English Language.

Arguments to the contrary can be likened to a jew saying Jehovah is completely different from YHWH/Yahweh.

it is not simply an issue of language. The fact that christians, muslims, buddhists e.t.c. all claim to be calling on "God" does not automatically mean that "God" is the same for all. Based on that, would everyone bearing "ayinba" be the same person?

Allah may be "God" in the english language but it still changes nothing, the numenclature may be the same but the PERSONALITIES as can be gleaned from the separate "holy books" indicate that even though we all claim to worship "God" we are actually talking of different personalities.

The christian God sees Himself as the Saviour who came down to earth to die for our sins, the muslim god rejects such and cries loudly about not associating anyone with him, the buddhist god sees himself as a cow.
All of them claim to be "God" in the english language but they are not the same individuals.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by mimiko(f): 2:55am On Oct 29, 2007
@ debosky
kai ku so sai, kukululu ya minga nagahi burutu yayi? wink
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by dapsycool(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2007
That guy is right. Allah means The god, Issa also isn't Jesus, it's esau. Arabic name for Jesus is Yesuwa. The Qur'an is a book written by illitrates about a Man who wanted to impose his sexual, terrorist behaviour on planet earth. I wonder why Women believe in a Book that degrades them. Anyway i got thousands of errors and contradictions in the Qur'an, including the dumb things it said about the earth, thank God for the Bible and science.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by dapsycool(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2007
That guy is right. Allah means The god, Issa also isn't Jesus, it's esau. Arabic name for Jesus is Yesuwa. The Qur'an is a book written by illitrates about a Man who wanted to impose his sexual, terrorist behaviour on planet earth. I wonder why Women believe in a Book that degrades them. Anyway i got thousands of errors and contradictions in the Qur'an, including the dumb things it said about the earth, thank God for the Bible and science.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by dapsycool(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2007
Note Allah is The god of the Moon. Don't be deceived, Wonder why the muslims are so freaked about the moon in almost everything they do.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2007
@dapsycool,

dapsycool:

That guy is right. Allah means The god, Issa also isn't Jesus, it's esau. Arabic name for Jesus is Yesuwa.

Interesting point. Perhaps more interesting would be to sit back and watch the drama unfold as our dear friends excuse that one. grin

dapsycool:

The Qur'an is a book written by illitrates about a Man who wanted to impose his sexual, terrorist behaviour on planet earth.

Well, I'm not sure that Qur'an was written by "illiterates" though. There are convincing evidence to show that Muhammad was not illiterate (even though many Muslims calim that he was); and neither were his companions illiterate.

As for his career, those grey areas of his life continue to be such a huge embarrassment to them; but for all that, it is simply a ignorant zeal that would make anyone want to deny the obvious.

dapsycool:

I wonder why Women believe in a Book that degrades them.

If that 'book' is the Qur'an, there are not that many verses that 'degrade' women - and many, as a matter of fact, speak well of women in general. Apart from the controversial verse that permits men to be wife-beaters (and many Muslim scholars continue to deny the obvious), there are a few others that may not help the role of women in society.

However, it's an entirely different matter when you investigate the real gist in the Hadiths. lipsrsealed
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by hafees: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2007
i think some people's contribution to this topic is to the extreme eg david. we are all created by the same God and all descendants of adam. Muslims worship God, the word Allah is not god, it is very derogatory.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by hafees: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2007
some people are so self rightous, forgetting that beleif means agreement to follow something right or wrong. as a xtian for example suppose you died and you now findout all your beleive on earth is wrong as you've not been serving God, no be wetin some people tell you, you beleive afterall, same goes for people of other religion, what happens then, the condemer becomes the condemned. many xtians are fanaticsbut because of the media trend islam is only associated with it, christians should not forget the crusaders who killed and maimed in the name of christianity/ God.[b]WHO IS RIGHT .WHO IS WRONG?until judgement day[
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by pilgrim1(f): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2007
Hi @hafees,

hafees:

Muslims worship God, the word Allah is not god, it is very derogatory.

Em. . . which one of those terms did you mean by 'derogatory'? undecided And how do you mean to convey your message?

hafees:

some people are so self rightous, forgetting that beleif means agreement to follow something right or wrong. as a xtian for example suppose you died and you now findout all your beleive on earth is wrong as you've not been serving God, no be wetin some people tell you, you beleive afterall, same goes for people of other religion, what happens then, the condemer becomes the condemned.

There's a great gulf between Islam and Christianity in this regard.

For Muslims, they cannot know anything about their salvation until Judgement Day. They are just asked to simply hope that things will turn out well - after all the dedicated lives.

For the Christ, he/she is given to know indeed that salvation is concretely theirs! The Christian hope is not something to 'wish' without conviction - for the conviction a Christian has comes from the holy Spirit. Without His power in a person's life, there is no conviction, no salvation, no strong hope.

hafees:

many xtians are fanaticsbut because of the media trend islam is only associated with it, christians should not forget the crusaders who killed and maimed in the name of christianity/ God.[b]WHO IS RIGHT .WHO IS WRONG?until judgement day[

Actually, let's face the truth. No one needs to wait for the Media - western or eastern - before they see that Muslims are the ones engaged in worldwide terrorism today.

Are these pictures familiar to you? -

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:UVguPEzo7o_eAM:http://www.tonyrogers.com/news/images/religion_of_peace/islam_protest_04.jpg[/img]

[img]http://warmonger.mu.nu/archives/piceight.jpg[/img]
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2007
hafees:

i think some people's contribution to this topic is to the extreme eg david. we are all created by the same God and all descendants of adam. Muslims worship God, the word Allah is not god, it is very derogatory.

We were all created by the same God - Yes, His name is certainly not allah.
We are all descendants of Adam - Yes, but some of us have become sons of the new Adam that ye know not of.

Muslims worship a god, same as the hindus, shango worshippers e.t.c. sorry if it sounds extreme but we cant continue sweeping facts under the carpet to avoid offending you. The God of the bible has nothing to do with the demon in the quran.

hafees:

christians should not forget the crusaders who killed and maimed in the name of christianity/ God

We dont forget at all, we only like to remind you to STOP reading only the part of history that suits your false idea of islam. The crusades were clearly aimed at taking back Europe from the bands of robbers and brigands called muslims who 400 yrs earlier had laid siege to it and burned it down with the sword.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 30, 2007
lola4ever, I completely agree with everything you say. You know some people would just judge another person's religion without knowing anything about it. I would like to discuss more with you on this if I can get your email.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Origin(f): 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ davidylan,
Dear Child, don't fret
A book has been recommended to you; go read it.
If u want to KNOW then LEARN.
You don't have to UNDERSTAND people in order to appreciate them fully.
Most of all show LOVE
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2007
Origin:

@ davidylan,
Dear Child, don't fret
A book has been recommended to you; go read it.
If u want to KNOW then LEARN.
You don't have to UNDERSTAND people in order to appreciate them fully.
Most of all show LOVE

lol the cliched response from the clueless muslim. They are always singing the same tired old tune - "go and read, if you want to know learn, show love" . . . bla bla bla. The way muslims show love is to declare fatwas, declare days of rage, threaten us to convert on the pain of death, blow themselves up in city buses? What a very unique of showing "love and peace".

All these hiding under "go and read" is all a ruse . . . a sign that those making so much noise themselves have no deep understanding of that which they purport to follow. They are not even confident of the god they decieve themselves that they worship. . . question him and they start hyperventilating and accusing you of "judging" and "not showing love".

Showing love is not synonymous with accepting the alleged writings of an idol!
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by sokislam(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2007
I told you guys that the Original Arabic word for God is not Allah, but Ilah. I said that the word ALLAH is a contraction of two words, Al+Ilah= Allah, which in English language means The god.

Now, what is the implication of this analysis?, the implication is very momentous, reason being that the Arabians were known for Idol worship, which was very evident even before prophet Muhammad was born, Arabian then was full of Idol which with different tribe worship it's choice of god, due to the fact that there were 360 Idols in the Kaaba shrine, which later became one of the Muslim' most holiest place of homage today.

Therefore, it became pertinent for every tribe to chose it own god to worship and reference. But when Muhammad was born, he received a revelation from Allah to eradicate all the other Idol except Allah and that ALLAH is the only one that is to be worshiped, that was what gave birth to the statement of confession, which is called Shahada in Arabic language that; "There is no god except Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger" .

Now, why all these analysis?. the reason for these is to show that Allah which the Muslims claimed to worship was part of the 360 Idols in the Kaaba shrine, how can this be proven?, it was so, due to the fact that Muhammad has to Identify of differentiate Allah from other Idols, and the only way he could do that is to use a word or statement which will vividly isolate Allah from the rest of the idols.

To this end, he used an emphatic word in reference to Allah, he used the Arabic word Al, which means The, so for the Arabians not to confuse Allah for the rest of the idols, in reference to Allah Muhammad would use the word The god which is equal to[i] Al+Ilah = Allah [/i]in Arabic.

Hope you guys get this, I will continue some other time, till then stay bless.
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Lola4eva(f): 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ davidylan -The God of the bible has nothing to do with the demon in the quran.
i said i wasnt going to respond to any of ur messages, but this is just too much and ive got to react. Uve just shown me what a chauvinistic, idiotic and egostical male broad you are, how dare you insult someone's faith that way, who the Bleep do you think you are, cos u sound like someone that does not even respect the teachings of the bible. The bible clearly does not teach us to be such impractical fools who believe in themselves and think they know all and they can never be wrong. I truly cnt stand ur guts rite now and ive got to wonder just what kind of person you are, religion aside you sound like a real prick, wonder how you treat people from other tribes or races if u can insult smeone's faith this way, im so sure if u were white (which u may be) u would be a racist, u need to change ur ways- i suggest you read ur bible thoroughly, it'll teach you a lot about respect angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2007
Lola4eva:

@ davidylan -The God of the bible has nothing to do with the demon in the quran.
i said i wasnt going to respond to any of your messages, but this is just too much and ive got to react. Uve just shown me what a chauvinistic, idiotic and egostical male broad you are, how dare you insult someone's faith that way, who the mess do you think you are, because u sound like someone that does not even respect the teachings of the bible. The bible clearly does not teach us to be such impractical fools who believe in themselves and think they know all and they can never be wrong. I truly cnt stand your guts rite now and ive got to wonder just what kind of person you are, religion aside you sound like a real prick, wonder how you treat people from other tribes or races if u can insult smeone's faith this way, im so sure if u were white (which u may be) u would be a racist, u need to change your ways- i suggest you read your bible thoroughly, it'll teach you a lot about respect angry angry angry angry angry

now now, is that what the quran teaches us?  grin To insult those who do not agree with our idiosyncrasies? I don't blame you, but for civilisation you probably would be baying for my blood right now.

The bible did not tell me to "respect" false gods. It says to REBUKE THE ENEMY AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU!

Please read the new testament very very carefully, no where did Jesus Christ and John the Baptist tolerate the pharisees and saducess in the name of "respect". Infact he called them a generation of vipers, whitened sepulchres filled with dead mens bones!  grin

What bible are u suggesting i read thoroughly? The one your brothers here have claimed is corrupted? Or the one allah claimed to have sent down and confirmed but you guys claim is now lost?  grin

You should change your name to quran4eva. cheesy
Re: What Do Arab Christians Call God? by ayinba1(f): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2007
How often have I almost posted a reply on this topic and I just thought, "it's not worth it"

For all those who genuinely wish to know, Allah is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. He sent the prophets and messengers before sending Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). Muslims believe in Allah and all the Prophets and their messages. We make no distinction amongst them. For those who continue to blaspheme, ignorance is not an excuse to do this. You owe it upon yourself to find and know the truth.

On a final note to all decent readers and posters, you really do not want to be clothed in a white garment and get into a scuffle with a soot covered person.

Again answer to the question is "ALLAH" Deal with it  grin

Signing out wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries 5 Nights Of Glory 2020: Everything You Need To Know / What's Your Favorite Name For God? / Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.