Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? (12992 Views)

How To Write A Cv That Stands Out / Which Profession Do You Think Has Been Failing In Its Role In Nigeria? / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by blackboi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Scavenging?
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Businesstools(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
Accounting is the only profession that stands out.Not because it has not been affected by the decay in the Nigerian Education System or our lack of innovation but because Accounting is practical in nature and the principles,concepts and conventions are the same or slightly different.As an Accounting graduate,if I find myself in a foreign country today,I simply subsitute the naira with the currency of the foreign country.Every other thing remains un-changed.

2 Likes

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by prefers555: 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
If only u knew.Three years ago, a couple of expatriate vsat installers were stunned when me an my colleauge installed 4 VSAT terminals in a day, while the foreign engineers were reading manuals., we were getting the job done. When it comes to IT in the country, guys are working their butts out!!! GUY, NO EVEN GO THERE, ABEG.

1 Like

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
which kain question be this?

politics of course
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by newslive(f): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
Computer and Information technology (Programming/Web Development, Networking,etc) - If you are good @ it. You don't need to walk about looking for job, jobs will come looking for you.

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Dyamante(f): 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Ive seen someone mentioning how Zimbabwe is on the same level with Nigeria,but thats not the case. Zimbabwe had one of the strongest economies in Africa before Mugabe kicked out the whites and even with all they have been through inflation is now at 4% and Zimbabweans are some of the most learned people you will meet around

1 Like

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by charlsecy4(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
okito:

Engineers definitely. It might also interest you that a lot of Chartered Accountants hold first degrees in various Engineering disciplines. Many banks have Engineers as directors, a good example is UBA with half of the board of executive directors being Engineers, including the Group Managing Director himself.

Give it to the Engineers, we stand out anyday!

That goes to show engineers in Nigeria are under-employed. How else can you explain the fact that a person who trained to become an engineer abandoned his professional calling to take up another man's calling. It is a shame. Maybe, business managers in Nigeria should now start inventing, developing and repairing engineering devices! What a reversal of role!
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
I think Accountants take the cake. Not because I am one( I actually don't like the profession that much). Give it to these Accountants, especially the old generation ones, they are very passionate about their profession and guard it so jealously, almost turning it into a cult. They value integrity and professionalism and are very hardworking. Until very recently, you look at a Chartered Accountant with awe. The Akintola Williams of this world. They have strict disciplinary procedure in place. When any of their members errs, it's as if he has killed the whole world. They also have impressive succession processes in place.

No, give it to Nigerian accountants.

1 Like

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
Jarus:

I think Accountants take the cake. Not because I am one( I actually don't like the profession that much). Give it to these Accountants, especially the old generation ones, they are very passionate about their profession and guard it so jealously, almost turning it into a cult. They value integrity and professionalism and are very hardworking. Until very recently, you look at a Chartered Accountant with awe. The Akintola Williams of this world. They have strict disciplinary procedure in place. When any of their members errs, it's as if he has killed the whole world. They also have impressive succession processes in place.

No, give it to Nigerian accountants.

abegi - teh days of accounting as a hallowed proffesion died with arthur andersen

all those banks, did pwc and co not give them a clean bill of health

no vex o, jus sayin'
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by bigiyaro(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
Metcheeew nigerian accountans are criminals, who do u think are aiding and abeting these politicians to loot and to effectively hide the loot?Who are the ones cooking banks balance sheets and giving pass marks before sanusi came? The nigerian accoutant is a financial thug.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2012
Fraud
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
Law for life.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by beespak7(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
Cabal
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by NnaNna4(m): 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
The poster asked which profession stands out in nigeria. Ans;pastoring
reason- we import information to guide us in all other professions except pastoring. in pastoring we xport pastors
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by chucksbadt(m): 9:41pm On Mar 01, 2012
HUSTLING grin, we dey survive 4 any condition
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by aglomar: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
Politics. Quite infamous.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by newmaonza: 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
LECTURING,  Its the easiest way bedding Naijas hottest Chicks grin
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by iconaus: 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
Pharmacist- producer of medicine. If a pharmacist make mistakes millions will die in terms of making prodicing safe medicine but a doctor makes mistakes only one person die that underscores the relevancy of the pharmacist profession in addition, without medicines people will be dying of sicknesses.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by nijanigga: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
This guy missed the point. A country can only function as a system.Nigerian system have collapse,or near annihilation. If you remove corruption,school will function well, teachers will teach well,there will be enough funding for hospitals,police will not mount illegas road blocks for bribe. Oil blocks will not be allocated to individual rogues like danjuma and Abacha chronnies. Until, Nigeria address corruption,you might be right.But lest I miss something,there have been rumours of expo with ICAN in the recent years.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Ranoscky(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sellin weed. - people need to get high.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Ezeufi: 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
Delivering possessed witches. By holding an old book and making noise in gatherings; declaring someone has been possessed and need to be delivered; You get more money and more women to skrew than any other profession.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 12:10am On Mar 02, 2012
Forex Trading!
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:54am On Mar 02, 2012
Militancy

Go and See the luxury which Militants live now

Asari, Boyloaf, Henry Okah even ex militant sponsor retardeen
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by queensmith: 12:58am On Mar 02, 2012
i agree with the accounting suggestion. Who else is going to count and help launder all the stolen money? Besides most of the richest Nigerians I know are accountants.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by ibelab(m): 1:15am On Mar 02, 2012
NIGERIA EDUCATION SYSTEM IS A BIG FAILURE: Anyday we start to pay more attention on creating alternative to university , then i think we can move foward, To balance nigeria education ,the government need to build modern Techincal schools, Graduate need the skilled works if nigeria is going to be a industrial  nation, we need machinesssssssss!!!                                                                                    @poster, cnc machine  is the future why not try and check it out,
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by ymx(m): 2:40am On Mar 02, 2012
Human resources
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by pareto(m): 3:06am On Mar 02, 2012
Just lookıng for trouble, Bankıng
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 02, 2012
Which kain accountants? My eldest sister abandoned accounting after 3 yrs and went back to school for another degree and has been thanking her stars ever since for making her see the light. I can manage IT and engineers but not accounting .

AbEg, accountants, doctors, engineers, IT, lawyers, nurses, etc do not stand a chance

Politics it is. cool
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Nigamion(m): 6:07am On Mar 02, 2012
Hey guys. Have u guys given a big thought to Environmentalists and Urban planners, I would go for 'em.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Joenyam(m): 7:26am On Mar 02, 2012
The thing is that in topics like this sentiment will always be inculcated, But the truth is that engineering is wack, no standards in Nigeria. The system is corrupt, politics hell no. In developed countries, politics is not a profession, you must be involved in other walks while you're into politics. Its not as though Nigerians are not capable, but the system and attitude towards making positivity is far from getting there, Civil engineering should be more lucrative cos the country is developing. Civil engineerin is gud.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by baconline(m): 7:53am On Mar 02, 2012
the police stands out,they are in d papers everyday for d wrong reasons
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by FEROH: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2012
i like this topic no doubt, but one thing i dont like abt it is that every body is waiting for an angel to come and change everything for us. We all are the magic behind positive changes and great ideas. See if you want anything to be done well, do it yourself and set example. Stop waiting on somebody else. We all have equall right in this country. If you think the obliigation you owe your country and your people is criticism, go ahead, you know one thing is tht things will remain the way they are untill you (the reader) in particular make a change. Dont get me wrong,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAPM/PMP Certification Exams / Be Your Own Boss With Oriflame Business Opportunities!!! / Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.