Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? (12993 Views)

How To Write A Cv That Stands Out / Which Profession Do You Think Has Been Failing In Its Role In Nigeria? / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by FEROH: 8:34am On Mar 02, 2012
i like this topic no doubt, but one thing i dont like abt it is that every body is waiting for an angel to come and change everything for us. We all are the magic behind positive changes and great ideas. See if you want anything to be done well, do it yourself and set example. Stop waiting on somebody else. We all have equall right in this country. If you think the obliigation you owe your country and your people is criticism, go ahead, you know one thing is tht things will remain the way they are untill you (the reader) in particular make a change. Dont get me wrong,
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by duke2000: 9:04am On Mar 02, 2012
Accountants may be good at debiting, crediting and balancing. Are they able to give good account of themselves when it all matters? Where are the accountants and auditors aiding and abetting corrupt practices. All govt. agencies/ministries have them; we have the accountant/auditor generals; the banks have them in abundance. Where has happened to the controls? Collusion?

Can anybody provide notable evidence that they have lived up to their professional and related ethical standards?
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by WebSurfer(m): 9:18am On Mar 02, 2012
yahoo plus ni?
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2012
I give it to the pastors, we have some of the most powerful men of God in the world, T B Joshua and the rest
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Noghayin03(m): 10:28am On Mar 02, 2012
Nigeria now export pastors ofcourse.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by meetgaya: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2012
yea!!! ACCOUNTANTS smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by suolboy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ poster, i must say that u know very little about professions in Nigeria. Engineers will always stand out anywhere in Nigeria and the world. We (Engineers) have carried out big and gigantic designs and constructed them. The collapsing of buildings in Nigeria is caused by people like u who instead of giving ur building project to a registered and professional engineer, u will give it to ur brother or cousin who read economics or geography and living without job. So when such building collapse, u guys will say civil engineers wherby is the client that caused it. Many Nigerian Engineers are being used for design and construction iin some of these multinational companies if u don't know. And only engineers survive in any enviornment/condition.
So get it right.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by MORNDEW(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2012
PROSTITUTION- They know how to do their job very well that our politicians do not need to travel out to bring them to the country.
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by kefaswhyte: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2012
Good Afternoon sir please can you send me any details on B
abatunde Alaran
Re: Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? by Femzi8cul: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
Joenyam:
The thing is that in topics like this sentiment will always be inculcated, But the truth is that engineering is wack, no standards in Nigeria. The system is corrupt, politics hell no. In developed countries, politics is not a profession, you must be involved in other walks while you're into politics. Its not as though Nigerians are not capable, but the system and attitude towards making positivity is far from getting there, Civil engineering should be more lucrative cos the country is developing. Civil engineerin is gud.

I definitely agree with you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss With Oriflame Business Opportunities!!! / Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living? / Banking Career Progression And When To Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.