Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. (7522 Views)

What Do U Think About This Prayer Point @ RCCG FLOODGATE Camp? / Watch This Prayer Predator And Weep / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by greedie1(f): 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
The points raised are quite valid. Which way naija? , D tunnel seems to be an endless one, if it has no end, ow do we see d light at d end? Dey say d darkest part of d nite is jst before dawn bt in our country's case, dawn has bin completely wiped off d dictionary, wt we ve is one dark nyt after another.

Ow long ll dis drag on?? Dis is one country dt students prefer to remain in sch cz dey r scared to face d unemployment after graduation. Here d ple in power see white nd call it black nd d poor masses humbly nods in agreement. Nigeria is d only country whr common sense is not common atall

ow do we tackle the problems in our midst wen we dnt ve any fighting spirit? All we do is lament nd criticize, nobody is ready to act, noone is ready to bail d cat.

I ll outlast these tough times, im tougher nd im goin nowhr. D materials im made of are not products of Nigeria.

In d nigerian spirit, im contributing my lil quota to mk dis thread reach 20 pages, One love nigeria!!
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by Wallie(m): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
I think the prayer is somewhat misdirected! You should be praying for crude oil to run dry. Nigeria's problem became seriously exacerbated with the advent of crude oil (free money).
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by realborn(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2012
Sad but apt. Redemption is pertinent.
I concur totally.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by pato405(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
@OP

your prayer isn't rational. It's absolutely garnished with greed and avarice. It shows how much you desire a change in the system. anyway, it's a reflection of how critical you think. you think the grass is greener on the other side? yes, it is! but bear in mind - the bills are higher! way over higher.

even the unborn knows about the recent global financial quagmire. go do some research on the spate of unemployment in recent times in those countries you fantasise about. have you found out what it costs to get a university education in those countries?, pay water, electricity and gas bills even without a job? I'm not trying to justify the unwarranted hardship Nigerians are unduly subjected to as a result of corrupt governance. however, we can all contribute our little quota to make things better.

If you work hard and put even a bush in order, you can make a cosy home out of it.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by ronkebp(f): 8:50pm On Mar 06, 2012
@ Poster, God will answer your prayers, but i wished you prayed that God should turn Nigeria around for the better in every way,

And i hope by the time you are already abroad and think you are living the dream, you will not be praying that God should bring you back to the same country you think is cursed.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by kepsi123(m): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
This is your contribution to making this country great. SA is treating us like sh, t. The world do not respect us. On all this,this is what you think of Naija. what exactly have you done to change this. I am naija and i a'int going nowhere. Me and people that think like me will make this place a pride of the world. just a matter of time my friend, just a matter of time.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by muyoto: 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2012
@OP take you where?
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by babaowo: 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
@ gree_die why u go offline when u promised to make this thread 20pages And when will u be release from kirikiri? Cos i get anoda assignment for u only,
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by Kpac(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
Father Lord,

I look forward unto you, you told Abraham to leave his father's colony to a place you will show him, father, i am waiting with all attention to a place you would show me, a country where i can pitch my tent, a country where true love exists on their streets, not the love here in Nigeria than only exists within the estates the corrupt politicians build for themselves.

Lord, please do not listen to the responses of the pharisees here, i however pray you give them their desired strength and courage to wait at home and build this country in its most hostile, corrupt, wicked environment. Since 1986, every year in Nigeria is better than the previous.

Father, i want to tell my children and their generations some sweet fairy tales like my grandparents told me of their days, i desire to be listed in Wikipedia of my achievements, life story etc in my environment, therefore i pray thee to take me out of this country and rescue me from the cancerous faith of Nigeria would be better, which our parents have been saying since 1986. While other countries constructs and implement beautiful road networks, fast electric trains, high-tech laboratories, improved fabrics, superb health care system etc, my country still constructs the usual slim 2 way poorly baked lane road with the cultural roundabouts that causes the major of the hold ups, no trains but we have few coaches, no good labs except for the ones for pregnancy tests, no locally driven technology for fabrics and hundreds die everyday due to poor health care systems.

My God, please update my prayers with this few points while i await in faith, the answers to my prayers.

Your Image,

Kpac Trium
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by buzor(m): 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
Sometimes, i wake up to ask my self, why did God made me a nigerian. But wen i turn around, i see several opportunities presented in this great country.
Cant wait to graduate this year and then become an employer of labour next year.
Halleluyah, amen
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by MissyB3(f): 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

God's blessings are conditional, you and your compatriots know what to do, to have a 'healthy' country.

When you give genuine thanks, you don't proceed to lament.
Give thanks and be content, for some people are in worse places. . .Places where even an open ''prayer'' like this could cost them their life.

pato405:

@OP

your prayer isn't rational. It's absolutely garnished with greed and avarice. It shows how much you desire a change in the system. anyway, it's a reflection of how critical you think. you think the grass is greener on the other side? yes, it is! but bear in mind - the bills are higher! way over higher.

even the unborn knows about the recent global financial quagmire. go do some research on the spate of unemployment in recent times in those countries you fantasise about. have you found out what it costs to get a university education in those countries?, pay water, electricity and gas bills even without a job? I'm not trying to justify the unwarranted hardship Nigerians are unduly subjected to as a result of corrupt governance. however, we can all contribute our little quota to make things better.

If you work hard and put even a bush in order, you can make a cosy home out of it.
Peach!
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by agiboma(f): 1:21am On Mar 07, 2012
@ OP sadly you are so right, but @ least you have realized the problem, so do something about it, ohhh wait you already started that. Created a discussion about it, why not take it a step further. Remember it was only one spark an internet post, that started everything in Egypt wink
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by nijanigga: 2:54am On Mar 07, 2012
Rightly said, many youths in Nigeria are deprived of qualitative education, you can see it from their reasoning in this room.
While advanced world are using nomothetics approaches to solve real problems,Nigerians are still using idiographic ideas.Give me a break, Nigeria is not going be to great far from it.Assuming we get our acts right now, it will take atleast 40 years to catch up with countries like malaysia,who only about a decade ago, got palm tree seedlings from us are now major exporter of palm oil,this is just an instance. We got no raods, no electricity, politicians are bleeding Nigeria to death,hospital are more of mortuaries, and yet some Nigerians still see hope. I dey laugh oh!
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by azpekuliar: 6:36am On Mar 07, 2012
I thank God, the poster mentioned Kenya as one of the model countries Nigeria should emulate. Truth is we need'nt even go too far. Just across the border, in Benin republic you need to see how the police conduct themselves with such pride, decorum, courtesy and professionalism that you begin to pinch yourself to ascertain that you've only just left Nigeria. The average Togolese artisan pays so much detail to his work, that believe you me, between they and the average Nigerian artisan, they provide the best value for money per workdone. I'm not even going to mention Ghana. These are just little examples to butress the fact that once the value system of a country is in tatters, the country is set on its path to becoming a failing state, as is the case now with Nigeria. Its such a shame!
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by surveycash(m): 7:25am On Mar 07, 2012
azpekuliar:

I thank God, the poster mentioned Kenya as one of the model countries Nigeria should emulate. Truth is we need'nt even go too far. Just across the border, in Benin republic you need to see how the police conduct themselves with such pride, decorum, courtesy and professionalism that you begin to pinch yourself to ascertain that you've only just left Nigeria. The average Togolese artisan pays so much detail to his work, that believe you me, between they and the average Nigerian artisan, they provide the best value for money per workdone. I'm not even going to mention Ghana. These are just little examples to butress the fact that once the value system of a country is in tatters, the country is set on its path to becoming a failing state, as is the case now with Nigeria. Its such a shame!
Nicely put, Even Niger Republic has that decorum in their police.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by Gimmy(m): 8:05am On Mar 07, 2012
Thank God that the Almighty one has given you the Wisdom to have said this on air,but what i just want you to know is that God cannot come down from Heaven to re-install the Country for us.But, i think he has given us all the Opportunity to solve problems with SOLUTION.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by Ofido(m): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2012
@Op u started the prayer well with very good points but u ended it very wrongfully.
God seeks pple that wil better the earth not pple that wil enjoy the earth. If u ve asked God to give u the will and strenght to better Nigeria i believe he would ve answered u very quickly.

You only succeded in telling God that u are a COWARD who runs away in difficult situations. Remember Jonah, Moses e.t.c.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by Tropilo(m): 9:06am On Mar 07, 2012
@OP: If u close ur eyes because bad people are pass and u dont want to see them, by d time good people begin to pass u will also not see them.
Yes, their are a lot of bad people in Nigeria, but GOD has refused to deal wit d country cos we also hv a lot of good people.
Dem say who no go no know! I pray u hv d opportunate of staying outside Nigeria then u'l appreciate ds above saying. U think its easy, baa? U hear a lot of fake and make believe stories and u take them as real. GOD help u! Person de where e de see, e say e no like am. Na where u no de see u prefer.
Fact is democracy is a very very expensive system of governance, and Nigeria over copied d American system and added more than enough "jara". Besides, our constitution encourages corruption and it will be very difficult to expurnge those grey areas now cos of tribalism and particularly cos d people (NASS) who are to carry out d surgery are d major benefactors. Do u know hw much it costs to maintain d democratic structures in Nigeria from d LG counsellor to Senate President? Our major problem now is our CONstittution. Its damn too CON!
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by yemisi82(f): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2012
U really move my heart wit dis word of truth, we are to be an intercessor for dis nation,so dn't be tired of prayin n i believe better days are coming. Gud thot
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by eprynce(m): 9:32am On Mar 07, 2012
Very true, my brother!

However, you forgot to add that it is virtually impossible to truly worship God in Nigeria. So many pitfalls along the way simply because you reside here!

Lord, I join my brethren to ask your help for him and many other of us trapped here.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by ayodele123(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2012
The Poster asked God to relocate him to another country
That was a selfish request, wanting to abandon Nigeria.
That was a wrong prayer. If i am God, i would not answer that one request.
If we all abandon Nigeria and relocate to Japan and Malaysia, how will the change come?
In the Bible, in Nehemiah Chapter 4, Nehemiah was inspired to return home to rebuild the fallen walls of Jerusalem.
The wall was rebuilt by the Jews not foreigners.
We have to arise and rebuild our fallen walls in this nation.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by gentlegg(m): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2012
The poster's request in the prayer to leave this country may not be the best of requests but i feel his lamentations about Nigeria. Honestly even Prophet Jeremiah's (the weeping prophet) tears will run dry within 1 hour if he were to weep for Nigeria. My heart bleeds much more than the poster's whenever i remember about this misconstrued entity called Nigeria.

Imagine a country i was still crying when a court dismissed the case against Dimije Bankole, then last week i heard that another court dismissed the case against Gbenga Daniels, then i wiped my tears.

If i were to pray like the poster prayed, my prayer for Nigeria is only three worded prayer; LORD, DIVIDE NIGERIA
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by caye(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2012
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT LESS GUILTY OF THE VICES IN THIS REPLY. First of all, this topic should be taken seriously. Poster wrote about some nairalanders not having deep thinking abilities, and this is reflected in their posts. The poster wrote that this nation has lost its value system, and in my opinion, this is the most unfortunate disaster of this marriage of strange bed fellows called Nigeria. If we are to be truthful to ourselves, do our families have any form of REAL morality again? Do our fathers and mothers cheat, steal and embezzel in their place of work or worship? Do our young ones engage in promiscuity and religious hypocrisy at the same time? Let's search our hearts and see that we- the followers and the leaders are all the same, a bunch of thieves, cheats, liars and rogues.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by Godmann(m): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
Kpac:

Father Lord,

I look forward unto you, you told Abraham to leave his father's colony to a place you will show him, father, i am waiting with all attention to a place you would show me, a country where i can pitch my tent, a country where true love exists on their streets, not the love here in Nigeria than only exists within the estates the corrupt politicians build for themselves.

Lord, please do not listen to the responses of the pharisees here, i however pray you give them their desired strength and courage to wait at home and build this country in its most hostile, corrupt, wicked environment. Since 1986, every year in Nigeria is better than the previous.

Father, i want to tell my children and their generations some sweet fairy tales like my grandparents told me of their days, i desire to be listed in Wikipedia of my achievements, life story etc in my environment, therefore i pray thee to take me out of this country and rescue me from the cancerous faith of Nigeria would be better, which our parents have been saying since 1986. While other countries constructs and implement beautiful road networks, fast electric trains, high-tech laboratories, improved fabrics, superb health care system etc, my country still constructs the usual slim 2 way poorly baked lane road with the cultural roundabouts that causes the major of the hold ups, no trains but we have few coaches, no good labs except for the ones for pregnancy tests, no locally driven technology for fabrics and hundreds die everyday due to poor health care systems.

My God, please update my prayers with this few points while i await in faith, the answers to my prayers.

Your Image,

Kpac Trium

In concurrence with what the poster prayed for, I add

Father open the eyes and minds of our people, so that we can understand the abject state we are in. I am pissed off, I fell insane when I cry about the hellish conditions in our country, only to be laughed at by the very people who in most cases suffers more than I do. I know it is a consequence of ignorance. Can you please grant all of us with the intelligence and knowledge to understand how our actions and in-actions, both as leaders and follower, has made it impossible for old men to exist among us, as in the streets of Europe, America and Asia.

Let us appreciate that it is the worsening condition at home that is causing the flourishing fake churches and fake pastors. Let us come to know that all the demons we cast out for causing our difficulties do not exist. That the demons are born out of the frustration created by the wicked government we face.

Let us come to know father that our people will never have jobs because our level of corruption, lawlessness and irresponsibility will never allow business prosper. Let know that it is business that creates jobs. Let us know that sharing and stealing oil money will never develop our lands. Let us recognize that the best tool we have to develop our people is human capital. That if we can shape the minds of our people properly, that our land will be developed.

Father drive away all the tribal champions in our midst. Let us understand that all men are created equal by you. Let us appreciate the humility and simplicity of the Hausa Fulani man. Let us not envy the industriousness of the Igbo's. Let us appreciate the richness of the Yoruba culture with her people, and the uniqueness the minorities bring into our midst as a nation. Let our concern be the good of all men; and let us learn to be fair and truthful to all men. Let us learn how not to believe the lies put into our head by our father in sowing the seeds of tribalism and discord among our masses. Let us judge our fathers for their own mistakes in creating the mess in our country, and not just hold only people outside our tribes responsible.

Let us be ashamed that we have failed to be creative like other races of the world for once. Let us aspire like other races to be positive creation agents in our world, who can invents things that make both our lives and the world a better place.

Let us learn that our world is in an economic war; that whereas the countries of Europe, America and Asia are competing and positioning their countries for better, and enhancing the lives of their people by so doing; that our people choose to live a primitive life of crude wealth accumulation at the expense of our people and our race. Open our eyes to see the quality life we have denied ourselves and our people.

Father, you must not keep us in perpetual darkness as imposed by the lies of the conquering Europeans.

We must learn the true world histories which has be rewritten against the interest of the black-man. Let us understand the slavery that the black-man has been placed in, for the past 500 years. Let us resolve to work to finally liberate the black-man from the economic enslavement spanning through the discoveries by western Europe, Exploration, slavery, colonization, Assassination of our leaders that choose to protect our interest (Patrice Lumumba, Thousands in during the Aparthied struggle in South Africa, Thomas Sankara, our own Muritala Mohammed, Abiola, Abacha, Idiagbon, Martin Lurther King, Malcom X, Gadafi, and the uncountable unknown names), the imposition of despots and weaklings on us as leaders (Idi Amin, Mobutu, IBB, Belewa, Jonathan etc), the Flag Independence they granted to us, to Neo-colonialism.

Let all blacks recognize the hidden truth that Malaria preserved our race. That our fate would have been sealed like that of the indigenous population of the American continents who were almost wiped out of the face of the earth. Can you allow us as African's to ever celebrate that feat achieved by malaria? Can our people come to learn that 500 years ago, before the discovery of quinine that our land was labelled "White man's grave"? Will we ever know that it is solely malaria that stopped the white from settling in our land as lord, and forcing all of us into a worse form of slavery as they did in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and America?

Father, I am weighed down seriously by uncertainties, I have tried to educate even more core friends, but the harsh economic conditions in our country have created a state where all of us finds it difficult to think. We are all enmeshed in a pursuit of an un-existing Wealth. Whereas our national wealth is shrinking as a result of mis-governance, the ambitions to make more money is getting greater daily, giving rise to a cultureless, mindless society.

I have heard that the city of New York alone publishes more book than the whole of Africa. I have gone out to buy books and found only Bibles on all the shelves. I read through the bible in few day as a JSS 3 student, I still refer to various chapters as the need arises, I have tried Koran and the Haddits, I have read other books of other religion. I have read the science as my profession. I have read economic, political and history books as part of interest in search of knowledge; but I find few Nigerian who can read beyond memorizing few lines in the Bible. From my days as a child, I can hardly remember a story in the Bible I have not heard severally, but all my people choose to do in search of knowledge, is to keep memorizing the Bible every day.

Few have tried to read. I have friends who left Universities a decade ago, that have refused to read any other book. Even newspapers they can hardly read. All they can do is to browse through the political headline and take side based on tribal sentiments. All our people are either turning out to be pastors and spiritualist, or their patrons.

I have asked myself, the spiritual and the physical which is easier to understand? We have failed to tackle our physical and social problems as a people; we have all turned to specialists of spirituality. Is it not because it is easier to deceive and lie about a spiritual realm we will never understand than to be real and tackle real problems; that our people are jumping into spirituality? Is it not part of laziness that we have all abandoned the thinking and acting required to solve our problems and ran to the churches and mosque? Will our country produce more heaven bound people that other races of the world?

Father, if only I can live to see Nigeria change, if only I can live to testify that you are a great lord, when the process of rebuilding my country sets in; if only I can see these, I will die a happy man

I am weighed down, because I can't see who my people can be educate to know the truth without your intervention.
Re: Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. by greedie1(f): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2012
Aww,  Still on d 2nd page? Dis shows dt nigerians don't pray. I bet dis topic would ve made it to d 20th page if it were abt some indecent stuff.

@ babaowo, im tryin, ain't i?  Well my jail term isn't comin to an end anytym soon bt dnt worry i can come nd go as i please, in so far as i report monthly, dts power, nd Nigeria 4 u. So, abt d assignment, bring it on, im gladly at ur service.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Richest Rv Father In Nigeria / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame / Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.