Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Your Thoughts On Objs New Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Thoughts On Objs New Church (7290 Views)

Do You Stand Up as a first timer in a new Church? / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by whiteroses(f): 2:02am On Mar 07, 2012
So I called a friend in Nigeria and said shes changing church to her fiances church, apparently obasanjo has a church in Abeokuta he is a general overseer and preaches when he's around. He has a pastor who preaches on Sundays. She said at the church no tithes and offering OBJ sponsors it all, there are charities and whoever needs help gets it and he often visits the members. The church is called Chapel of Christ king of Glory. Thou shall not judge but how is he able to lead fellow christian to light? however i commend his good deed

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Goshen360(m): 6:40am On Mar 07, 2012
He that is not against us is for us.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by crossman9(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
said at the church no tithes and offering OBJ sponsors it all,

what is your point of contention because going with what you said it is good thing he is doing here one of my goals is a tithe less church if I was rich this is how I would run the church members would never be asked for money they just sit down to hear the word of the lord without being raped for money so what is the point?
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by sexysunnyb(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
this church is to enter world book record for first church without offering and tither hmmmm our oil money
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by pato405(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
they that shall come to Him, He shall in no wise cast out.

nice move from OBJ. But I hope he is aware of what the bible preaches about restitution.

Nigeria demands restitution from him & his cohorts even in 4 folds!

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by kristiansmart: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Great thread. [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]thanks for sharing.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Baawaa(m): 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2012
I will confirm this by week-end!!
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Lenny5000(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
sexysunnyb:

this church is to enter world book record for [b]first church without offering and tither [/b]hmmmm our oil money
Actually not true because there are so many churches all over the world where they don't collect or talk about tithe Also there are hundreds of well researched Christians articles written on the Issues of tithe that it is not required of Born again Christians, just that so many people ignore it because their Pastors, Bishops, GO's says they must pay tithe.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Benzora(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
Baba Sege!!!!

The Church is part of the restitution process!!

Leave Baba alone, please!
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by shoboy9: 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
1) Stop using OBJ to make news. Do something useful

2) Nobody, no matter how rich should attempt to stop tithe. It should be paid by those willing to. Its between them and God.

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by buzugee(m): 3:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
he is trying to buy his way out of a spiritual smackdown. not gonna happen. he has a smackdown with his name written all over it. except of course he returns all the money he has stolen and then genuinely seeks the lord
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by omo9ja1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
again attack on church

when church collect tithe people here talk

church again no collect tithe - they said oil money

na wa 0o0o0

nairalanders una too much - no wonder seems here is the head quaters of bad belle people
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by buzugee(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2012
omo9ja1:

again attack on church

when church collect tithe people here talk

church again no collect tithe - they said oil money

na wa 0o0o0

nairalanders una too much - no wonder seems here is the head quaters of bad belle people
the next attack shall be on you for being a loquacious and belligerent charlatan angry
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by velo10: 3:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
I doubt if I want to listen to the gospel according to OBJ's view. He is nowhere near a good christian example when he was head of state that I preferred a Muslim handling this nation than him
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
OBJ. . MOG, GCON, FGC, CNN, NTA
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by cecegorz(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2012
Gen: 28 vs 20 -
'And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, if God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that i go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that i come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God, and this stone, which i have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee'.

This was the statement of a poor and a homeless man. By revelation, he knew that giving God a tenth of his possessions will not bankrupt him, but will rather enrich him.
We all knew how prosperous and influential he and his off springs became.

People should stop rejoicing that they don't give tithe, those who give live on a greater insight. it has nothing to do with the pastor/Rev.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2012
Why all them head look similar

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by neeyee88: 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
Good one. How many of them out there remember to establish a fellowship talkless of a church? OBJ is a man of strong will. He was divinely elected by God to lead the country. Compare his story with that of David in the Bible. David had many challenges while he was king but God delievered him of ll. OBJ had his too but God has delivered him.
meanwhile the tithe thing may be a problem. Its a commandment in the Bible. If he doesnt want it brought to the church, then the church must intruct the members to take the tithtes to the less privileged.
I think this is a very commendable step from OBJ,

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by PastorKun(m): 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^^
I don't know were you got your tithe commandment from, but nowhere in the bible are christians required to tithe. Even the Israelites that were required to tithe tithed agricultural produce and not money that some preachers have twisted it to be.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by kunlekunle: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
dont worry baba
all crokked ways shall be straightened and the glory of the lord shall be revealed.

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by livapul86(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
whiteroses:

So I called a friend in Nigeria and said shes changing church to her fiances church, apparently obasanjo has a church in Abeokuta he is a general overseer and preaches when he's around. He has a pastor who preaches on Sundays. She said at the church no tithes and offering OBJ sponsors it all, there are charities and whoever needs help gets it and he often visits the members. The church is called Chapel of Christ king of Glory. Thou shall not judge but how is he able to lead fellow christian to light? however i commend his good deed
@OP: Wow, am very interested in this church o. Are you sure Obj comes to the church and he is accessible to his members? Cos if the answers is in the affirmative then this is the right church for a guy like me wey dey FIND WORK. Pls put the address of the church on this thread, so man pikin fit change the direction of im hustle to dat side. Abeg I dey wait.

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by babaowo: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
baba just lay records noni .
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by nnamanis(m): 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
it has reach to an era where men whose hands are covered with blood becomes a priest or pastor by all means just to satisfy their desires, tell me what will be the fate of nigeria in the next few years to come, even the boko haram head might one day form his own church and become the pastor, that is nigeria for u, so distinct from the others
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by highland(m): 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
whiteroses:

is she now going to OBJ church?

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by teskyg: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
He is the greatest Nigeria leader we ever had.Like it or hate.

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by buzugee(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
teskyg:

He is the greatest Nigeria leader we ever had.Like it or hate.
i see your standards are akin to the vertical length of a pygmy
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
A church where you dont pay tithes and offerings? you are not coerced to buy stuffs, or part away with your money? you mean willful donations? AH! that one na my church now wink
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by gempo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
Am not judging him. But i wonder the kind of example he is going to set for them. May be he is a changed man now. Who knows.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by numo86(m): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
@neyeee,
, was david also an ogboni member??just wondering!!!!
Please never u compare david with obj,
Has obj repented frm his sins??has he confessed d amount of souls he has killed??has he reported all d monies he has stolenhas he entered d prison to show repentance??
And some fools will still attend d church,
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by guonno: 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
I was not surprise when i heard that ugly monkey has a church, afterall satan has a church (church of satan) too. I will rather go to church of satan than to obj's church.
Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by seunlayi(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2012
Good development from obj

Re: Your Thoughts On Objs New Church by Navi(m): 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nice move. Up u OBJ

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Pretribulation Rapture Departure Or Apostasy From The Faith? / Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions / Demonology 101: 25 Facts About Demons