Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,112 members, 7,849,467 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:07 PM

Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? (15993 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Ateke Tom To Buhari: Treat Anyone Who Returns To The Creeks As A Common Criminal / War Is Coming Back To The Creeks Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by CaptBarbosa: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2012
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by CaptBarbosa: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2012

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by CaptBarbosa: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2012

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by ekwynwa: 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ndi Yoruba is finished grin grin grin
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by pcicero(m): 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
@I hope your question has been answered. Yes we have creeks and swamps in Lagos. So many in Epe. From Agbowa, Itoikin, Molajoye, Temu, Ketu-epe, Ejinrin etc.( all in Epe local govt) there are countless swamps and creeks
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by pcicero(m): 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2012
Creek may refer to:Creek, a small stream.
Creek (tidal), an inlet of the sea, narrower than a cove

Creek, a narrow channel/small stream between islands in the Florida Keys

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creek

A swamp is a wetland with some flooding of large areas of land by shallow bodies of water
Swamps are characterized by very slow-moving waters. They are usually associated with adjacent rivers or lakes. In some cases, rivers become swamps for a distance. Swamps are features of areas with very low topographic relief

Do Lagosians live in creeks or swamps? No. In most cases, those who live dwell in the riverine areas of lagos are usually foreigners. In my own town for instance, we have the ijaws, urhobos, ilajes etc but rarely will you find lagosians among them.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2012
pcicero:
Creek may refer to:Creek, a small stream.
Creek (tidal), an inlet of the sea, narrower than a cove

Creek, a narrow channel/small stream between islands in the Florida Keys

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creek

A swamp is a wetland with some flooding of large areas of land by shallow bodies of water
Swamps are characterized by very slow-moving waters. They are usually associated with adjacent rivers or lakes. In some cases, rivers become swamps for a distance. Swamps are features of areas with very low topographic relief

Do Lagosians live in creeks or swamps? No. In most cases, those who live dwell in the riverine areas of lagos are usually foreigners. In my own town for instance, we have the ijaws, urhobos, ilajes etc but rarely will you find lagosians among them.

It doesn't make sense to deceive yourself. Isale Eko and Iddo are situated in swamps and creeks and the inhabitants and founders of those places are Lagosians. Even if they weren't, it still wouldn't take away from the fact that you are half running away from, which is that the entire state of Lagos is situated in creeks and swamps.

Can I ask why it is so hard to accept the obvious?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
"Isale Eko and Iddo are situated in swamps and creeks"

You are truly ignorant.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
Aigbofa: "Isale Eko and Iddo are situated in swamps and creeks"

You are truly ignorant.

Arguing with reality and the obvious, only makes you look utterly ridiculous. Are Isale Eko and Iddo not located in creeks and swamps? Or do you know of another Isale Eko and Iddo that we don't?

Dude, making strange claims against the obvious just because you wish to point fingers at others makes you a clown.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
Beaf:

Arguing with reality and the obvious, only makes you look utterly ridiculous. Are Isale Eko and Iddo not located in creeks and swamps? Or do you know of another Isale Eko and Iddo that we don't?

Dude, making strange claims against the obvious just because you wish to point fingers at others makes you a clown.

There's not a bigger clown than you on Nairaland. Embrace your own swamps and creeks and let Lagosians embrace theirs. Pointing out what is so glaring is not only ridiculous, but also makes you seem retar.ded.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 6:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

There's not a bigger clown than you on Nairaland. Embrace your own swamps and creeks and let Lagosians embrace theirs. Pointing out what is so glaring is not only ridiculous, but also makes you seem retar.ded.

Ohhh! So you have finally come to terms with the obvious fact that Lagos is enveloped with creeks and swamps? LOLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
Dude, unlike you I have never denied that I am from the creeks, and unlike you. I have never id!otically and hypocritically pointed fingers at others as from the swamps, whereas you too are a swamp thing.

See how difficult your false life of ethnic bigotry has made it for you to accept the reality of your surroundings and existence? This tread has been a wonderful insight into the self decieving psychology of the bigot.

Me and you are fishermen, let us go and catch fish jare!
I de laf oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! grin grin grin
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
Beaf:

Ohhh! So you have finally come to terms with the obvious fact that Lagos is enveloped with creeks and swamps? LOLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
Dude, unlike you I have never denied that I am from the creeks, and unlike you. I have never id!otically and hypocritically pointed fingers at others as from the swamps, whereas you too are a swamp thing.

See how difficult your false life of ethnic bigotry has made it for you to accept the reality of your surroundings and existence?

I de laf oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! grin grin grin

If it took you so many pages to tell Lagosians there are creeks in Lagos, then something must be wrong with you. I think that question was answered by the 2nd or 3rd poster on this thread, yet in your delusions you kept posting pictures that has nothing to do with creeks.
Your mask has been blown off and we now know the true small minded Beaf.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 6:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
^
So why were you posting pictures of gas flares and pollution na? Was it out of madness? grin
You getting me worried now, bro.

I wonder what you were expending all that energy denying. Why were you shivering, quivering, sweating and farting to fatigue point? Hmmmm!
--Beaf scratches head. . . The mysteries of ethnic bigotry and how it destroys intelligent men like Aigbofa cry--
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by executinal(m): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2012
How do those people leaving in that environment sulvive. With all this shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Joke apart they should as matter of urgency move those guys out before they die of disease angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes / Osinbajo Arrives Adamawa To Visit IDP Camps In The State / Obiano Commissions E4E Program For Niger Delta Youths In Anambra- Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.