Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,108 members, 7,849,459 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? (15992 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Ateke Tom To Buhari: Treat Anyone Who Returns To The Creeks As A Common Criminal / War Is Coming Back To The Creeks Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by lagcity(m): 4:22am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

First of all, thanks for admitting the bolded.
Secondly, I am not singling out Lagosians; few other parts of Nigeria are swampland and many Lagosians do not even know that they are creek and swamp dwellers as much or even more than the average ND person (at this point, refer to the reason for the article). yet, it is quite obvious that the entire Lagos is swampland that is crisscrossed with creek upon creek.
Lastly, you obviously have no knowledge of who the native Lagosians are; otherwise you would understand that places like Iddo, Isale Eko etc are embedded in creeks and swamps. Maybe the people of swampy Ikorodu ain't native Lagosians too abi?
There's nothing bad in loving your creeks and being aasociated with them. N. Deltans love creeks, enjoy your creeks. When you mention creeks, Lagos doesn't come to mind even though Lag has streams too.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 4:33am On Mar 08, 2012
lagcity,

abeg educate the creek rascal.  invite him to come see Lagos lagoon.   grin give him a week visa long enough for him to enjoy a different kind of waterfront than one he grew in.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 4:37am On Mar 08, 2012
lagcity:

There's nothing bad in loving your creeks and being aasociated with them. N. Deltans love creeks, enjoy your creeks. When you mention creeks, Lagos doesn't come to mind even though Lag has streams too.

Thanks dude, I love my origins. My real grouse is with those who for some reason cannot bring themselves to admit the obvious, as is apparent with the likes of Dudu negro, Osiris.212, Mojibola, Standing5 etc (many false claimants with inferiority complexes who might not even know the route to Lagos).
A Lagosian pointing a derogatory finger at anyone else as coming from the creeks, is as ridiculous and foolish as a black labelling another black man with racist terms used by whites. Lagos is as riverine, creek filled and swamp soaked as the Niger Delta.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 4:42am On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

lagcity,

abeg educate the creek rascal.  invite him to come see Lagos lagoon.   grin   give him a week visa long enough for him to enjoy a different kind of waterfront than one he grew in. 

Fool, Lagos Lagoon leads to numerous creeks.

Now what is the name of your bushmeat overrun state? I want to make a yam farm at your governors lodge and help drive the squirrels and antelopes from the town center. I hope we won't have to climb trees to get there.

--Edited--
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 4:58am On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by tpia5: 5:05am On Mar 08, 2012
^^any particular reason why you suddenly realised there are creeks in niger delta and decided the term is offensive to you?
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 5:09am On Mar 08, 2012
beaf, creek pass creek! grin stop comparing Yenoagoa creek to Kuramo creek. . . what, have you lost ya mind? cool

#occupyyourcreek cheesy
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 5:11am On Mar 08, 2012
tpia@:

^^any particular reason why you suddenly realised there are creeks in niger delta and decided the term is offensive to you?

How can the word, creek be offensive? shocked
I am only here to cure stup!dity and ignorance, I'm sure that has already been made perfectly clear.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by tpia5: 5:13am On Mar 08, 2012
^^my question was why are you suddenly taking offence at this particular point in time.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 5:16am On Mar 08, 2012
^
Have I told you I am offended? I am simply curing id!ots.
Something on another thread made me think about a lot of the absurd things one comes across as a result of ignorance in Nigeria and this creek thing from Lagosians stuck out like a sore thumb.

Dudu_Negro:

beaf, creek pass creek!   grin  stop comparing Yenoagoa creek to Kuramo creek. . . what, have you lost ya mind?   cool

#occupyyourcreek   cheesy

What if I challenge you to provide the equivalent to this from Yenegoa? Would you consider yourself an id!ot if you can't?

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 08, 2012
Osiris.212:

Beaf  you and your thousand Ibo brothers combined can never do anything to SW. We are above gods!

Lagos is SW and there nothing all of you hypocrites can do about that, even when you keep on hammering the name"Lagos" alone to make look like its not part of SW.

LAGOS is state in South West even if you die a zillion times, the fact still remain! Don't over stepped your NL's limits cos am watching you with my missiles armed and pointed eastward!!! I like it bloody.

Shut up you noise maker. Now go(you kitchen inhabitant) and cook Ewedu soup for me cool.

@OP

It is quite ironic and paradoxical that the Yorooba's live in the creeks of Lagos while those they love to hate who came, built and live in mansions.

Yoruba's = Bunch of hypocrites and loudmouths. Always running away from reality and the truth.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 5:55am On Mar 08, 2012
Lagos Lagoon, Lagos Harbour, Five Cowrie Creek, Ebute-Metta Creek, Porto Novo Creek, New Canal, Badagry Creek, Kuramo Waters and Lighthouse Creek

Beaf,

in fact, since lagcity will be issuing visa for your visit to Lagos, we want you to have a memorable visit.  please follow link to see some of our waterways and in addition, plenty other rich traditions like the Eyo festival.  I know you have seen a museum but have you seen an Eyo before?

http://hospitalitynigeria.com/lagos.php

creek pass creek. . . . .  #occupyyourcreek
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Onlytruth(m): 6:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

^
Have I told you I am offended? I am simply curing id!ots.
Something on another thread made me think about a lot of the absurd things one comes across as a result of ignorance in Nigeria and this creek thing from Lagosians stuck out like a sore thumb.

What if I challenge you to provide the equivalent to this from Yenegoa? Would you consider yourself an id!ot if you can't?

Frankly this picture would traumatize any Nigerian born in a developed country.
It just shows how some Nigerians live on SQUALID stenchy waters.
God is very faithful, else humans shouldn't survive such conditions.
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:06am On Mar 08, 2012
hey Beaf,

here is the one on Bayelsa state where Yanogoa is since you want comparison.  The last post with Lagos came from the same website.  

Be mindful that they are trying to market Nigeria state by state. . . there is nothing to market here in your creek.  You sabi ridicule other people land. . . see your creek as hin be.  they tried hard to find pictures to market you, they even add oil pipe.   cheesy

#occupyyourcreek

http://hospitalitynigeria.com/bayelsa.php
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:11am On Mar 08, 2012
Onlytruth:

of course it should. . . .thats picture from Beaf creekland. he thinks showing a woman in wrapper makes it Lagos. lol, as if women in wrapper dressed like that dont live in bayelsa.

#occupyyourcreek beaf
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 6:12am On Mar 08, 2012
Onlytruth:

It is absolutely impossible to come to terms with how people can allow their fellow humans to live in such hellish conditions. I wasn't born in a developed country, but I am traumatised by that pic. I wept the day I mistakenly set foot in Ijora Badia, its not just the sight and dehumanising degree of penury, even the stench and the colour of the water are indescribable; I walked round the whole place in a haze of disbelief.

The pic in question is from Makoko: http://jideodukoya.com/blog/2011/09/kids-clean-club-visit-to-makoko/
This one is even worse:

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2012
in fact, since Biafrans are refugees in other people land and dont know what their state look like, let me help them bring their land to view.

. . I am bringing the whole shenanigan. . find your papa land grin

http://hospitalitynigeria.com/states.php

beaf, how is your creek occupation coming? creek rascal! cheesy
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:20am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

It is absolutely impossible to come to terms with how people can allow their fellow humans to live in such hellish conditions. I wasn't born in a developed country, but I am traumatised by that pic. I wept the day I mistakenly set foot in Ijora Badia, its not just the sight and dehumanising degree of penury, even the stench and the colour of the water are indescribable; I walked round the whole place in a haze of disbelief.

The pic in question is from Makoko: http://jideodukoya.com/blog/2011/09/kids-clean-club-visit-to-makoko/
This one is even worse:

you have been showing Ijora Badia. . . . but who lives in these squalor? The people living in it make it what it is. Look in the picture and see how the persin paddling the canoe is dressed. . . . clearly SS/SE.

my friend, #occupyyourcreek cheesy cheesy
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Onlytruth(m): 6:23am On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

you have been showing Ijora Badia. . . . but who lives in these squalor?  The people living in it make it what it is.  Look in the picture and see how the persin paddling the canoe is dressed. . . . clearly SS/SE. 

my friend,  #occupyyourcreek   cheesy cheesy
grin
hehehe
ol'boy you are smarter than this one.
Per the picture, the woman's scarf (head tie) is the same material as her wrapper.
In SE women hardly (if ever) use same material for both.

In any case, nobody from SS/SE would live in that type of squalor.  cool
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

you have been showing Ijora Badia. . . . but who lives in these squalor? The people living in it make it what it is. Look in the picture and see how the persin paddling the canoe is dressed. . . . clearly SS/SE.

my friend, #occupyyourcreek cheesy cheesy

They are Ilaje people, fool.
I thought the creeks were supposed to be from Delta state according to you.

Creek pass creek. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Onlytruth(m): 6:26am On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf:

They are Ilaje people, fool.
I thought the creeks were supposed to be from Delta state according to you.

Creek pass creek. grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2012
Onlytruth:

grin
hehehe
Per the picture, the woman's scarf (head tie) is the same material as her wrapper.

In any case, nobody from SS/SE would live in that type of squalor. cool

unless it is their normal back in Yenagoa creeks. . . .explains why there are no Yorubas yet in the pictures that beaf call Lagos.

. . . .thats not yoruba persin in that canoe. Ilajes dont dress like that, maybe ijaws do.

#occupyyourcreek
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:39am On Mar 08, 2012
lmao! beaf your mischief to ridicule Yoruba don backfire for yo a/s/s/ tonight!

#occupyyourcreek
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2012
Ezeigbo,

since you want participate in the mischief, tell me which state you are from so I can bare yo yansh for hia with pictures from your state. picture no dey lie. cheesy

#occupyyourcamp
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Osiris212(f): 6:49am On Mar 08, 2012
Shut your stinking mouth fool. Do you know where SS & SE is located in Nigeria? Am going to create new thread on SE slumps here with real time pictures and interviews and until then be my guest. I will personally take the pictures with my camera.

The other stup!d Ibo man that was rescued from under the bridge in Lagos by NLders nko?

By the way, Beaf is a Delta Ibo. A vulture is still a vulture, no matter where he goes!

Onlytruth:

grin
hehehe

In any case, nobody from SS/SE would live in that type of squalor. cool
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by DuduNegro: 6:56am On Mar 08, 2012
they both failed to see that everyone in their squalor pictures so far are their own people. Beaf's new job is finding vulnerabilities in West to exploit. lol! stewpeed creek boy!
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Osiris212(f): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Aba, Abia state.

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 7:00am On Mar 08, 2012
Creek from Bariga. Creek pass creek o! grin grin grin grin

Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Onlytruth(m): 7:01am On Mar 08, 2012
Negro, c'mon, you know that no SE person would go to Lagos to paddle canoe on top of stench waters.
They may live in Ajegunle, but not on top of water mehn.  cool
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Onlytruth(m): 7:02am On Mar 08, 2012
Negro, c'mon, you know that no SE person would go to Lagos to paddle canoe on top of stenchy waters.
They may live in Ajegunle, but not on top of dirty waters mehn.
That's more like your folks and Beninoise.  cool
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2012
Another Lagos creek.

[img]http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,705594,00.jpg[/img]
Re: Are There Creeks and Swamps In Lagos? by Beaf: 7:03am On Mar 08, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I May Run For President – Al-mustapha, Ex-abacha CSO / Farooq Kperogi: Fani-Kayode Libel Suit Against Daily Trust Needless Self-Injury / Orji Kalu And Governor Sani Bello Of Niger State Meet Behind Closed Door (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.