Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After (11484 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Mollytee: 7:32am On Mar 08, 2012
Below is the Email I wrote to the person who violated me 29 years ago .

Dear G
Finally I was able to track you down Thanks to facebook .
You will never believe this letter is coming your way because you seem to have planned and executed a perfect crime and got away with it for 29 years . But the victim ( name witheld ) still remember it vividly like yesterday . Cast your mind mind back to 12.30am Friday October 7th 1983 and here is my reflection of the day .
" I was a virgin till I was about 18. the reason was that in my thinking , I will only loose my virginity to the one I marry, but alas, when I finished high school, I got a freelance job at OSRC and dated a guy called (KA) I told him I was a virgin and he was proud of it and boasted about it with his friends. One night , As we finished night shift, one of his friends G O ( G- funk ) Who was then 32 year old Station DJ and my friend's boyfriend offered to take me home and He violated me on the way. It changed things for me for good " I could not tell anyone as people would asked what was I doing in his car . It would become a cultural embarrassment and a victim would be victimized more and more and called name like slut " There is the pervasive culture of silence on issue of girls intimate abuse by the strong , powerful and well connected elite in Nigeria

You GO fall in the category of the well connected that abuses young and innocent girls . Even though you did not have any personal achievement or qualification at working in OSRC but you have a well connected uncle

Congratulations on getting away with violation .I have been told that you said it was consensual and that you were really drunk and this was your excuse. You are only lucky that Nigeria is so behind the times and that the criminal justice system doesn't work to make person like you to go to jail .

We all know what happened. You lured me away from my friends by pretending that you are giving me a ride after work at OSRC, You convinced me to get into your car. You knew that you were going to Be Intimate with me whether I wanted it or not. because It would be a trophy for you to have sex with a virgin . You brutalised me ,savaged my body so much that I couldn't sit down for days without pain. You bruised me . You did all this while I begged you to stop over and over again. You knew you were hurting me, in fact the more you hurt me the more excited you got. I pulled a muscle in my pelvis trying to get away from you so don't pretend that I wanted it.
I tried to get you off me but It's your time of madness and your bruit force prevails .
Remember when you stopped for a second after ages of begging and looking straight into your eyes , you just pushed me back down on on the ground and continue your evil did.
You knew exactly what you were doing. Tell me, how is it that you are able to leave with this guilt over this years without seeking atonement of your transgressions ?
You have no idea the pain you have caused me, my family and friends.Who has to tolerate my unstable mind set for 29 years.You killed my joy ,my happiness and you simply killed my soul that day

I hope one day you are in fear for your life, then will you have some idea of what it was like for me that night . You should face me and explain yourself. You should face your coward action You treated me like I wasn't even human, you wouldn't treat an animal the way you treated me , but it's you that isn't human, I'm is more of a person than you will ever be.

You may think that you have gotten away with it but someday it will come back on you ten fold and you will get what you deserve to be in jail . I'm not afraid of you again and your puerile connection . You can not hurt me anymore.

End of Email and Now to Nairaland community

I shall in due time published his real name , facebook name email address and mobile number for Nairaland comunity . We need to stand for justice in our country . No one should be silent with rampant case of intimate assault in our country .No means No !!!

1 Like

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by agiboma(f): 8:35am On Mar 08, 2012
I am sorry you had to go through this suffering. I Totally agree with you, No means NO. I commend your courage for speaking out and you have done well to come to terms with the violation. I hope your post gives others suffering in silence to also come out or get the help they need. You are very brave and courageous, your attacker is the weak coward and i hope he suffers and has suffered for the wicked act he bestowed on you.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Dyt(f): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2012
sighs
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Busybody2(f): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2012
Mollytee:

Below is the Email I wrote to the person who violated me 29 years ago .

Dear G
Finally I was able to track you down Thanks to facebook .
You will never believe this letter is coming your way because you seem to have planned and executed a perfect crime and got away with it for 29 years . But the victim ( name witheld ) still remember it vividly like yesterday . Cast your mind mind back to 12.30am Friday October 7th 1983 and here is my reflection of the day .
" I was a virgin till I was about 18. the reason was that in my thinking , I will only loose my virginity to the one I marry, but alas, when I finished high school, I got a freelance job at OSRC and dated a guy called (KA) I told him I was a virgin and he was proud of it and boasted about it with his friends. One night , As we finished night shift, one of his friends G O ( G- funk ) Who was then 32 year old Station DJ and my friend's boyfriend offered to take me home and He violated me on the way. It changed things for me for good " I could not tell anyone as people would asked what was I doing in his car . It would become a cultural embarrassment and a victim would be victimized more and more and called name like slut " There is the pervasive culture of silence on issue of girls intimate abuse by the strong , powerful and well connected elite in Nigeria

You GO fall in the category of the well connected that abuses young and innocent girls . Even though you did not have any personal achievement or qualification at working in OSRC but you have a well connected uncle

Congratulations on getting away with violation .I have been told that you said it was consensual and that you were really drunk and this was your excuse. You are only lucky that Nigeria is so behind the times and that the criminal justice system doesn't work to make person like you to go to jail .

We all know what happened. You lured me away from my friends by pretending that you are giving me a ride after work at OSRC, You convinced me to get into your car. You knew that you were going to Be Intimate with me whether I wanted it or not. because It would be a trophy for you to have sex with a virgin . You brutalised me ,savaged my body so much that I couldn't sit down for days without pain. You bruised me . You did all this while I begged you to stop over and over again. You knew you were hurting me, in fact the more you hurt me the more excited you got. I pulled a muscle in my pelvis trying to get away from you so don't pretend that I wanted it.
I tried to get you off me but It's your time of madness and your bruit force prevails .
Remember when you stopped for a second after ages of begging and looking straight into your eyes , you just pushed me back down on on the ground and continue your evil did.
You knew exactly what you were doing. Tell me, how is it that you are able to leave with this guilt over this years without seeking atonement of your transgressions ?
You have no idea the pain you have caused me, my family and friends.Who has to tolerate my unstable mind set for 29 years.You killed my joy ,my happiness and you simply killed my soul that day

I hope one day you are in fear for your life, then will you have some idea of what it was like for me that night . You should face me and explain yourself. You should face your coward action You treated me like I wasn't even human, you wouldn't treat an animal the way you treated me , but it's you that isn't human, I'm is more of a person than you will ever be.

You may think that you have gotten away with it but someday it will come back on you ten fold and you will get what you deserve to be in jail . I'm not afraid of you again and your puerile connection . You can not hurt me anymore.

End of Email and Now to Nairaland community

I shall in due time published his real name , facebook name email address and mobile number for Nairaland comunity . We need to stand for justice in our country . No one should be silent with rampant case of intimate assault in our country .No means No !!!

agiboma:

I am sorry you had to go through this suffering. I Totally agree with you, No means NO. I commend your courage for speaking out and you have done well to come to terms with the violation. I hope your post gives others suffering in silence to also come out or get the help they need. You are very brave and courageous, your attacker is the weak coward and i hope he suffers and has suffered for the wicked act he bestowed on you.

29 years of torture and heartache cry cry cry

Go for it, hopefully you would be able to move on cry cry cry
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2012
Poster I can only imagine the burden you carry in your heart. I feel really sad how so many people get away with wicked crimes in Nigeria.
It is hard to find closure when you are a victim of a crime but live in a society where you are made to be the culprit " she must have seduced him, what was she doing in the car?, it takes 2 to tango", It is alsoe verey hard to be in this system because they is no help system no victin support no one to talk to who will listen non judgementally.
What is more painful is when you see your attacker going about freely and arrongantly even boasting about this hurtful crime. Everyone excepts that you forget and move on, jus carry your cross and go on, it is very hard I know.
I can only pray for you that your attacker is remorseful and offers some form of restitution, it is not about that but I know an apology a heartfelt one will go a long way to bring you closure and start your healing process. However if you dont get that from him, I sincerly hope you find someone to talk with so this pain and burden you carry can be healed.
BB, I just read you comment, please know i had started typing before I saw yours and this is in no way a response to yours. Even though I have never been raped but on some level I can feel what the poster feels and my reply is based on that.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by maclatunji: 11:51am On Mar 08, 2012
This is sad, unfortunately it happens everyday!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by rose75(f): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
OP, I won't sympatise with you now because you're already an overcomer.
It's a noble thing to have spoken up.

May God reward him and his likes.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by koyafatuga: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
give us his name so we can congratulate him on his facebook page
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by MissyB3(f): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
Before you put up the scoundrel's name, make sure you can prove he actually raped you, 'cause if he decides to sue you for calumny and you have nothing to back up your story, you'll go through another torture I think you don't deserve.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Koolking(m): 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mollytee:

I hope one day you are in fear for your life, then will you have some idea of what it was like for me  that night .   You should face me and explain yourself. You should face  your coward action  You treated me  like I wasn't even human, you wouldn't treat an animal the way you treated me , but it's you that isn't human, I'm is  more of a person than you will ever be.

You may think that you have gotten away with it but someday it will come back on you ten fold and you will get what you deserve  to be in jail . I'm  not afraid of you  again  and  your  puerile  connection . You can not hurt me anymore.

End of Email  and Now  to Nairaland  community

I  shall in  due  time  published   his  real name  ,  facebook name   email  address   and mobile number  for  Nairaland comunity . We   need  to stand   for  justice in our    country  . No one  should be  silent    with  rampant   case  of   intimate assault  in our  country .No means  No !!!  

Stop crying over spilled milk. If you are for real and not cooked up or copy and paste story or not intended to advertise your NGO, I challenge you to do the needful. Reveal the identity of this sucker. STOP giving him the impetus to violate more girls and keep walking tall in broad day light like a proud vampire.

29 years is more than enough for you to have acted. Why now when you cannot authenticate a single evidence to your claim. That being said, you have three choices at present. You can either let your past DEFINE YOU, DESTROY YOU or you can let it STRENGTHEN YOU. Move on since you had accepted it was fated for you to be violated.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by proudly9ja(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
Missy_B:

Before you put up the scoundrel's name, make sure you can prove he actually violated you, 'cause if he decides to sue you for calumny and you have nothing to back up your story, you'll go through another torture I think you don't deserve.

I agree with this. In addition, Il say you should get a lawyer to advice you on what to do. There are some NGOs who help with cases like this. But considering you've said the guy is well connected, you have to be ready to prove he really raped you 29 years ago.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by deloon(m): 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
Damn!, The dude is lucky. Switching him off would have been a good option if,
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by mjkievo2(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Missy_B:

Before you put up the scoundrel's name, make sure you can prove he actually violated you, 'cause if he decides to sue you for calumny and you have nothing to back up your story, you'll go through another torture I think you don't deserve.

WORD!!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
Na wao, 29years ago, them never even born me then, pity for you poster, what a memory
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Muttex(m): 2:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
so sad but you must be very careful and do not let anyone in NL push you to the wall. Get a very good lawyer if you must post his name here because, You life may be at risk and the worst might come. Pls be giuded,
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Acidosis(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
he gave you A ride 29years ago. . shocked shocked shocked which car he use take carry you. . na catarpillar? ? e don tay wey our girls don spoil

1 Like

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by minute(f): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
How about choosing to forgive someone else for what they did after 29 years?

Maybe writing a letter to your rap.ist is not what you should be doing right now.

You may want to choose something else. Good luck in your recovery.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Dyt(f): 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
^ay
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kristiansmart: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
In addition, Il say you should get a lawyer to advice you on what to do. There are some NGOs who help with cases like this.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by MissyB3(f): 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ijogz K:

Edited**
This is not right! I suggest you edit your post immediately before the poster reads it.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by MissyB3(f): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ijogz K:

Would do so cuz i respect Cha, smiley
Thank you! smiley
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by yme1(f): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
Please before you go public about this asinine man I would advice you take Missy's advice and please do get legal back up for it
NO one should be made to go through that kind of torture
I pray you find peace
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
y me:

Please before you go public about this asinine man I would advice you take Missy's advice and please do get legal back up for it
NO one should be made to go through that kind of torture
I pray you find peace

Do u know one reason i dont like u? just stop it, and i know u know what i mean
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Aparche(f): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
Acidosis:

he gave you A ride 29years ago. .  shocked shocked  shocked which car he use take carry you. . na catarpillar? ? e don tay wey our girls don spoil

Are u saying that there were no cars in Nigeria by then? Oga, 29yrs ago na 1983  no be 1903.

1 Like

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by KINGwax(m): 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
Okay, ladies in the house, this is a big lesson. In order to overcome the psychological trauma that may occur or the forceful banging, next time u're abt to get raped, ask the 'raper' to stop, relax, use a condom and enjoy the sex. That all. It'll jst be a normal sex to you. U might even end up picking another date or you might even end up askin him d next day, 'are u givin me a ride again today?'
well, it's jst an advice, don't pounce on me yet!
Hmmm, 29yrs, and u never moved on abi? Looser!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by jajad: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
KINGwax:

Okay, ladies in the house, this is a big lesson. In order to overcome the psychological trauma that may occur or the forceful banging, next time u're abt to get violated, ask the 'raper' to stop, relax, use a condom and enjoy the sex. That all. It'll jst be a normal sex to you. U might even end up picking another date or you might even end up askin him d next day, 'are u givin me a ride again today?'

You are a troll, a fool, and probably a rap.ist. I hope any woman you try to rap.e cuts your c*ck off. Enjoy it, soon it'll just be normal to you.  angry angry

1 Like

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Harbb: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
It's sad that this kind of thing happens everyday.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by yme1(f): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
odiaero:

Do u know one reason i dont like u? just stop it, and i know u know what i mean
Excuse me?
Do I know you? what business do I have with you here/outside NL
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kolaoloye(m): 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Very very pathetic. Can you pls tell us something?
What actually transpired between the two of you the second day of the incident?
Was he remorseful or very proud of what he did?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by agiboma(f): 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
KINGwax:

Okay, ladies in the house, this is a big lesson. In order to overcome the psychological trauma that may occur or the forceful banging, next time u're abt to get violated, ask the 'raper' to stop, relax, use a condom and enjoy the sex. That all. It'll jst be a normal sex to you. U might even end up picking another date or you might even end up askin him d next day, 'are u givin me a ride again today?'

Are you fcking serious you GOAT, how dare you post this rubbish. May G-d punish you ASSS-hole. I despise people like you ANIMA.L.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Ninilowo(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
You dont need any modern means to fight the MONSTER since he is well connected. Use traditional means o jare. Go to osogbo, oyo, saki, Tapa and get original black power. EYE FOR EYE BLOOD FOR BLOOD.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by lolaluv1(f): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hand Of Hope : A Touching Moment Captured On Lens! / Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.