Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After (11499 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
29 years of your life is enough for you to fogive and forget.  Except if the guy is living close to you.  Even at that, does it occur to you that God would have forgiven him on account of his repentance (which you might not know) and would have blessed him even more?  David bleeped another man's wife, got punished and blessed same time.  Its in God's hand to decide what to do to him and not yours.  I am sure you are married by now and would have had fond memories with your husband.  Meditate on those memories, pull yourself together and move on with your life.  It might just be a sin to you for holding such grudge for that long.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by manmustwac(m): 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
Well am just waiting for the babe to release the guys facebook email and contact number so I can give him a piece of my mind  cry
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by sylve11: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
na wao! shocked sad cool
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Dyt(f): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
sylve11:

na wao! shocked sad cool

u n dis ur glasses
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
sounds like a cooked up story. . . . .
how can one r@pe in a car? the car has to be on the road somewhere and if she had screamed, someone somewhere would have heard.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Dyt(f): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
uncle coogar s cm wit his analysis
smtyms i wonder y nt a jurist
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by oobim(m): 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
@KINgmax,shame on u for dat inhumane comment.u are a r.apist.may all d demon7 suck ur blood and may 5 gay guys rape u to death!eediot
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
Dyt:

uncle coogar s cm wit his analysis
smtyms i wonder y nt a jurist

but seriously, read the story again.
she was pushed to the ground and brutally r@ped. which ground? which venue? out in the open or in an uncompleted building?
the dude was alone and he drove. . . . .so how did this ish happen?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by jaybee3(m): 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
She sat in front of the car and he asked her to move to the back sit before he supposedly started the despicable act.
story story
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by charles316: 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
op, forgive and forget. Are u a xtian?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
jay bee:

She sat in front of the car and he asked her to move to the back sit before he supposedly started the despicable act.
story story

even consensual sex is awkward at the back of the car, never mind r@ping someone in the middle of the road.
the op should be arrested for taking nairaland for a ride with this c[i]o[/i]ck and bull story.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Pennywise(m): 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
I dated a girl once. . . .who related a similar experience. . . .10yr old case of unresolved violation. . .loved the girl to the point. . . . I wanted to extract penance. . . . .but perpetrator at the time . .  . .lived in a distant place. . . .fortunately. . .

Op should move on with her life. She should be thankful the incident did not leave her with an unwanted baby or a life changing illness. The vendetta is not worth it. It is self defeating if she ascribe failures in her subsequent life to this incident. Getting married as a virgin never guarranteed marital bliss or prevented divorce. Besides I can hardly see how an almost 30yr old r.ape allegation is going to affect a 61yr old grandfather. Your actions may have consequences that could go far and wide. At your age by my calculation 47yrs you have to reckon with your husband, children, friends etc b4 doing anything like this.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by luckgames(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2012
You need to move on with your life
No law will prosecute 29 years old  case ( only murder cases)
It is very sad,
I hope you have overcome
U don't want to get into legal war, The evidence are not there
Now it is your word against  his word ( he said, she said)
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Novice1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
While not condoning the despicable act that happened 29 years ago, I want to ask the OP why it took her this long to expose him:

1-Is he now a very rich man (politician, corporate/religious leader, etc) and you want a very big settlement?

2-Why give us information piecemeal, that you will later publish his name, facebook details, etc? a blackmail/bargaining chip to make him pay you a huge amount?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Okijajuju1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ O.P

I'm moved by your comments. .

My girlfriend suffered same at the hands of two different men. . I know one and I have already made plans for him to lose his leg and his nuts. I will make him sterile. Unluckily for him, he is not yet married and I intend to make him pay. Karma just showed up at his doorstep by her meeting me.

I suggest you get revenge. And make sure it sticks. Break his knee, smash his elbow, crush his testicles. . . If you have friends or a brother in the university, this could be done for free. .

Mods, dont ban me o! I'm just saying its time the evil that men do start living with them. My girlfriend still acts up every now and again and I know its because of suffering such trauma twice in a lifetime.

If my kid should ever be involved in such, A male child I will prosecute and have him go to jail. No forgiveness. A daughter, I will make sure she attends her assailants funeral.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Okijajuju1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
luckgames:

You need to move on with your life
No law will prosecute 29 years old case ( only murder cases)
It is very sad,
I hope you have overcome
U don't want to get into legal war, The evidence are not there
Now it is your word against his word ( he said, she said)

I'm sorry but you are wrong. . .

There is no statute of limitation on rape cases. If she has concrete evidence of rape, that bastard can still go to jail.
But like I suggested, his life could be changed for as little as 10,000 Naira and a bottle of whisky. angry
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Sholaf(f): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

@ O.P

I'm moved by your comments. .

My girlfriend suffered same at the hands of two different men. . I know one and I have already made plans for him to lose his leg and his nuts. I will make him sterile. Unluckily for him, he is not yet married and I intend to make him pay. Karma just showed up at his doorstep by her meeting me.

I suggest you get revenge. And make sure it sticks. Break his knee, smash his elbow, crush his testicles. . . If you have friends or a brother in the university, this could be done for free. .

Mods, dont ban me o! I'm just saying its time the evil that men do start living with them. My girlfriend still acts up every now and again and I know its because of suffering such trauma twice in a lifetime.

If my kid should ever be involved in such, A male child I will prosecute and have him go to jail. No forgiveness. A daughter, I will make sure she attends her assailants funeral.

Gbam.
When a woman says No, it is No.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kcreal(f): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
Mehn 29yrs? my mama neva born me that time ooo. Just forgive and forget.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by mkmyers45(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
I have a feeling the OP is a regular nairalander, anyway Op listen to Missy B and be a big girl and grow over it. I can't believe you let it eat you up for 29 f'ing years.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by rman: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Op

You messed up your story by saying you will provide his details later.
If you are truly looking for closure after 29yrs, you should be bold enough to reveal his details.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by tttonero: 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2012

There is no statute of limitation on violation cases. If she has concrete evidence of violation, that bastard can still go to jail.
But like I suggested, his life could be changed for as little as 10,000 Naira and a bottle of whiskey.

I will Gladly pay something towards the costs of securing justice.
If it was a member of my family that had been sexually assaulted.
He would have disappeared within 7 days.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by gamechange(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Poster.

Judgement is Gods, forgive him, it is ok to not forget, forgiving him allows you to move on, allows you to live a joyous rather than bitter life. Above all, forgive so that God can forgive you and bless you, (if you are a christian, i am sure you are familiar with the lords prayer "forgive me as I forgive those who tresspass against me" forgiving somebody is for our own good, it helps our body function better, we live longer without imprisoning our mind. Free him so you may free yourself.

Shalom
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by ifedun2: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
There is nothing dear in dat animalz name.@mollytee,i commend u for finally finding ur voice 29yrs after.As i read through ur mail,i was boiling!Men are such animals!What connections could he have to have made u suffer for 29yrs?I want to believe u are still in the media-u have all d power at ur disposal!Use it!D idiot must b brought to book!I salute your courage.Wish other victims would be brave enough to open up.God bless you my sis,and keep your home.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
Coogar

How are you sure he didnt park by a field and perform the act?

The rapist would be over 60yrs now
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Okijajuju1(m): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
gamechange:

@Poster.

Judgement is Gods, forgive him, it is ok to not forget, forgiving him allows you to move on, allows you to live a joyous rather than bitter life. Above all, forgive so that God can forgive you and bless you, (if you are a christian, i am sure you are familiar with the lords prayer "forgive me as I forgive those who tresspass against me" forgiving somebody is for our own good, it helps our body function better, we live longer without imprisoning our mind. Free him so you may free yourself.

Shalom

God can judge all he wants, but here on earth, vengence is mine. . . I wish I knew this O.P personally. .  All she needs to do is point out the nigga and where he lives/works at. .  Depending on how I feel sef, I might even visit his sins on his teenage daughter in his very presence just before I hack his leg off at the knee with a metal pipe. . .  angry KARMA!!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
I don't know how women keep quiet over ra.pe. What exactly are you trying to protect? You've just been desecrated and the next thing to do is to keep quiet? That mentality needs to change. Well maybe it was because it was 1983, and things were different then. But you still find out today, girls still keep quiet. After 29 years you are still suffering from this, so how has it helped you? No closure, nothing!!! I hope other women learn from your story, you do not sweep dust under the carpets.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kelz88(f): 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
Can't believe some of you are suggesting she should forgive him and get over it. What has religion done to us? ! OP bring him to justice. . . . .even if it means bleeding him dry. Before you know it his numerous victims will speak up. . . .cos I have a feeling you weren't the only one.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kelz88(f): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

God can judge all he wants, but here on earth, vengence is mine. . . I wish I knew this O.P personally. .  All she needs to do is point out the nigga and where he lives/works at. .  Depending on how I feel sef, I might even visit his sins on his teenage daughter in his very presence just before I hack his leg off at the knee with a metal pipe. . .  angry KARMA!!
That will just make you as bad as the rapist. Besides, why should she suffer for the sins of her father??
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Coogar
How are you sure he didnt park by a field and perform the act?
The despoiler would be over 60yrs now

so he was driving and he parked. . . .he came down, forced the babe to come down.
and then he brutally shred her clothes into bits and he r@ped her right?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^ Which of that is not possible by a 32yr old man vs an 18yr old girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House Chores You Hated While Growing-Up / Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? / My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.