Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? (1845 Views)

Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:33am On Mar 08, 2012
Just watched this video of a Naija pastor telling a congregation in Ghana that God spoke to him that the offering must be in Dollars.
I was wondering if God prefers one currency to another. Obviously, the currency is Ghana Cedis in the land, why would God require a currency that is not used in the country, and ask for a currency used thousands of miles away. Abi God dey run forex for heaven?

Is this biblical or is this man running a hustle on this people?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymBzhmaou7U[/flash]
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
He's a thief, the man.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
God should love €uros, then. Stronger than dollars.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by nedostic: 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
@OP,without mincing words, it is evident that the man is a businessman and not a pastor. Its not biblical to connote faith with how much in monetary value one gives out. This is where most of us got it all wrong! I have always being a proponent of the prosperity message but I need to say here categorically that most sermons these days on prosperity is pure materialism(satanic induced prosperity) and not the true prosperity message.

It has dawned on me as well that in a materialistic society like most of the African countries,its quite easier to play on peoples psyche all in the name of breaking out of the poverty syndrome. Methinks this is religion that is at play and not christianity. Religion gives room to gullibility!

Being a christian is totally different from being religious. Its pretty much more than going to the church, as a christian it demands having a good grasp of the the word of the Lord,and applying yourself fully to the word. I am definitely not ruling out the grace of the most High God since the race is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy(Rms9:16).
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Enigma(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^ Shhhh! Don't let Joagbaje hear it! grin

cool
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2012
What is the difference that the pastor copper in dollars, euros or cowries?
In neither case applies the word of the Bible.
The biblical tithe was never brought in money, but beans, oils, poultry, etc,
So if that pastor prefers dollars , is no more a thief than that charged in other currency.
A thief is a thief more than otro.Ambos are just that , thieves.
But , in my country we say:
"The fault is not pork, but who would scratch the back"
In other words: If there were no brainless fools who feed these monsters, the monsters do not exist.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
In other words: If there were no brainless fools who feed these monsters, the monsters do not exist.
simple,

Image123:

He's a thief, the man.
Had to check the poster name twice, lol,

Enigma:

^^ Shhhh! Don't let Joagbaje hear it! grin

Like Ptolomeus said
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by nuella2(f): 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
Maybe the people also prefer to spend dollars to their currency[url=">http://grin grin grin] grin grin grin[/url] When you sow dollars, you open yourself to international opportunities.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
nuella2:

Maybe the people also prefer to spend dollars to their currency[url=">http://grin grin grin] grin grin grin[/url] When you sow dollars, you open yourself to international opportunities.
kkkkkkk Yes, if you pay your tithe in dollar may get a job in the U.S. (probably in Hollywood) if you pay tithing in Rial (Iranian currency) outbreak possibly petroleum in the garden of his home. hahahahaha!
Good intervention friend!
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by nuella2(f): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
Ptolomeus:

kkkkkkk Yes, if you pay your tithe in dollar may get a job in the U.S. (probably in Hollywood) if you pay tithing in Rial (Iranian currency) outbreak possibly petroleum in the garden of his home. hahahahaha!
Good intervention friend!

As foolish as it might sound, that could be the wisdom of God to that congregation that day. They don't give in dollars everyday, God does things that men don't understand sometimes. Shouting for Walls to fall don't sound wise. Leave things you don't understand that way. Abi, did the MOG run away with the dollars after they gave it, this one some of you have started calling him thief.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Azibalua(f): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Just watched this video of a Naija pastor telling a congregation in Ghana that God spoke to him that the offering must be in Dollars.
I was wondering if God prefers one currency to another. Obviously, the currency is Ghana Cedis in the land, why would God require a currency that is not used in the country, and ask for a currency used thousands of miles away. Abi God dey run forex for heaven?
Is this biblical or is this man running a hustle on this people?
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymBzhmaou7U[/flash]
So what?
Is it that this is impossible for god to ask for
Am sure if Abraham thought like you when he was asked to slaughter Isaac,his story today would have been different
undecided
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2012
musKeeto:

Had to check the poster name twice, lol,
You no serious. A thief is a thief when he's found. It's different from exaggerations, or having brain aches over nothing.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
nuella2:

As foolish as it might sound, that could be the wisdom of God to that congregation that day. They don't give in dollars everyday, God does things that men don't understand sometimes. Shouting for Walls to fall don't sound wise. Leave things you don't understand that way. Abi, did the MOG run away with the dollars after they gave it, this one some of you have started calling him thief.
The wisdom of God? You have no idea. Maybe you mean the god of mammon, who knows. You have a big thief's mindset BTW.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
Lol @Image
Not to start any arguments, but you call this one a 'thief' because he's not as popular as the others. If this was one of those 'BIG' MOG, lot of people would be queuing to defend him,

Azibalua:

So what?
Am sure if Abraham thought like you when he was asked to slaughter Isaac,his story today would have been different
undecided
Blinded by 'religion'. Sorry for you,
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by ramalot(m): 3:39am On Mar 09, 2012
Funny
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by nuella2(f): 7:45am On Mar 09, 2012
Image123:

The wisdom of God? You have no idea. Maybe you mean the god of mammon, who knows. You have a big thief's mindset BTW.

You know nothing about spiritual things, keep quiet. You have a poverty mindset. What is the big deal in giving in dollars, is it not just money. Is giving money too much? I can't even play the video now but I said that could have been the leading of God. And you don't have the right to call him a thief cos you didn't even give a cent and the folks that did didn't complain to you.
Am sure deeping oneself in a dirty water don't make sense to you too. When it is money, it's mammon nonsense. When is shout hallelujah hundred times it's the leading of God, hypocrites.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Image123(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2012
^ you do not know the living God, and have not walked with Him, sorry.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by mkmyers45(m): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hahahahahaha, ROFL WTF? God spoke to him, Religion is a total Joke
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Ptolomeus(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2012
Azibalua:

So what?
undecided
Very dear lady.
I say very respectfully that I would never proceed as Abraham, simply because he cheated on his wife with the maid. In other words, Abraham had sex with another woman committed adultery in the eyes of God, and God did not rebuke him.
Abraham do you speak? of Abraham who had killed his son? or that Abraham believed the word of God?
I think that fully responds to your comment.
regards,

musKeeto:

Lol @Image
Not to start any arguments, but you call this one a 'thief' because he's not as popular as the others. If this was one of those 'BIG' MOG, lot of people would be queuing to defend him,

Dear friend ,
Maybe they are right, and the word "thief" is not adequate.
A thief can steal by hunger, or to feed their children ,
I think this case is totally different ,
One thing is who steals a loaf of bread to eat, and who steals from vice, to live in opulence.
In fact, both are thieves, but I think they are different things ,
The purpose is not religious but economic. While such persons defile the religion, some rather silly to leave clean unmask their belief, and defend it are complicit
Many Christians like to quote the Bible , I would like to cite a single verse in which Jesus asked for money to preach , ONLY ONE!!
What is it that some people are advocating here??
Apology of the scoundrel!
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Azibalua(f): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2012
musKeeto:

Nepiotic nepios
When you see the truth you only resort to childish talk
Yes or no if Abraham had thought like you during his time asking if Isaac was the right type of sacrifice watt would have become of him today
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2012
You remain an idiot,
Abraham's claim was personal. It was between him and God,
This man's claim isn't personal. He's telling others to donate. Abraham didn't tell his servants to kill their children, did he? Why compare two totally different things?

Not everyone on NL as foolish as the idiots you lead in real life,

Azibalua:

Nepiotic nepios
Yes or no if Abraham had thought like you during his time asking if Isaac was the right type of sacrifice watt would have become of him today
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
Azibalua:

Nepiotic nepios

Ptolomeus:

Very dear lady.
Abraham do you speak? of Abraham who had killed his son? or that Abraham believed the word of God?
I think that fully responds to your comment.
regards,

musKeeto:

You remain an ,
Abraham's claim was personal. It was between him and God,
This man's claim isn't personal. He's telling others to donate. Abraham didn't tell his servants to kill their children, did he? Why compare two totally different things?

Not everyone on NL as foolish as the idiots you lead in real life,

I totally agree with you.

Some people insist forum quote the Bible out of context.
They presented passages that say the opposite of what they want to defend ,
It is difficult to understand Abraham is quoted in this thread ,
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Goshen360(m): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2012
Some people in the church will not understand simple truth and revelation because they have refused to open their bible and learn the truth for themselves.

This is the truth: Can God ask for your son or daughter in sacrifice? YES, because He had done it in the past.
Will God ask your son or daughter in sacrifice today? NO because God had already done it.

People should just leave the scripture in context as it is pleassssssse. Lord!
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by nuella2(f): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
Image123: ^ you do not know the living God, and have not walked with Him, sorry.

LOOK AT A MAN THAT KNOW THE LIVING GOD TALKING. I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU OOOO. YOU HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO.....SORRY OOO I FORGOT YOU ARE THE ONLY CHRISTIAN SERVING YOUR LIVING GOD.
Re: God Said:make Sure They Give In Dollars. Does God Have Currency Preferences? by Image123(m): 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2012
nuella2:

LOOK AT A MAN THAT KNOW THE LIVING GOD TALKING. I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU OOOO. YOU HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO.....SORRY OOO I FORGOT YOU ARE THE ONLY CHRISTIAN SERVING YOUR LIVING GOD.
God have mercy, this new site is hurting my eyes, where have i been?
nuella, are you okay at all?

(1) (Reply)

Did Humans Really Evolve From Apelike Creatures? / Frequency Of Tithing Was Yearly Not Monthly / Photo:mode Of Dressing Muslim, Christian And The Third Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.