Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,461 members, 7,846,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8230429 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=Alheeri post=42948977][/quote]

Because we are in Africa and largely surrounded by mosquitoes its better to take preventive measures against malaria. Not sure the exact timing for anti malaria but check on google and ask your Dr as well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DonaTee(f): 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
mompurity2:
Good day mama's. Pls when and when is one supposed to take d TT and anti-malaria injection/vaccine? Cos they ddnt say anytin abt it in my first ANC visit ooo.

Plus when I one supposed to start checking for sugar and protein in d urine?

#Team August grin

Preventive anti malaria frm 12wks n d ladt dose not later than 36wks.
tt u take wen u feel quickening/baby kick buh frm 18wks n last dose abt 36wks

I pm u. Reply both. I changed d old email I used to pm. So I cant contact u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DonaTee(f): 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Una dooh all new mums n newly loaded mamas
seems I always miss cuties peechures chai! I dey find wife for my boy ooo wink

@starbuck I seee u....Congrats girlie. May God giv u ur heart desires

@mummyf kedu longest time. How bumping?

kiss kiss kiss my mouth dey pain me....im shearrring d kiss to those I missed deir post lol

hands full now

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
faithisallihave:
rchilee, hi!
I have some questions, pls. You ported from Feb 2016 to Dec 2015, just like me.
My DD also born at 34 weeks is so tiny, everyone is usually surprised when they learn she is as old as she is. She is just 2.8 kg. It breaks my heart. She looks like a day old baby.
If you don't mind me asking, are you exclusively breastfeeding or supplementing with formula?
Is there anything I can do to help her gain more?
I feel like a failure.
She is an iugr baby born at 2.2 kg and i'm very slim. I don't know if that is a contributing factor to her slow weight gain.

Swthrt take a big hug first! You are not a failure ok... you are doing very well. motherhood is not an easy task but God will strengthen you. My suggestion will be to supplement with formula; preferably enfamil or aptamil if you can afford it. There's this special Similac for premmies, don't know if it's available here. Make sure she eats at least every 2-3hrs. Then for yourself, try to eat very well. So u can produce good quality milk. I'm sure you will see a difference soon

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
DonaTee:

my dear wen u register wit luth on ur anc days go very early. Im sure dats wen dey giv d lectures b4 clinic starts. ..some1 confirm. Buh were I dey dats how we do.
also as u register tell d nurse. And ask her....she she ll tell u d schedule n luth protocol

Thank u for this post, this post is God sent. Pls as early as when should I go and how much does it take to register. I want to gi and register this friday thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
Do we have mamas here who are using or have used Gbagada general hospital before, is it any good?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumtwins: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
Rukemi291:
cherrymum look up. Your question came to meet you.

congrats mumtwins we will celebrate several birthdays of the twins lagbara Olohun.

christibabe abeg enjoy ur garri. nuffing du u.

have you taken her to her paed, faithisallihave? You don't have to feel like a failure. You are doing a great job. You are a great Mum. I would suggest you go to the hospital pls.

Tnks, it will end with praise for all
Team April for supernatural birth

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good evening mothers, seems it's only me that have been feeling baby Lil kicks since 11weeks, that is how I know we are doing great. Abi na because I love to dance lol. grin.
Team August for supernatural birthing, I love the weather this night.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes Luth give Lectures very early. Lectures starts As early as 8am so you have to be there before 8am.

DonaTee:

my dear wen u register wit luth on ur anc days go very early. Im sure dats wen dey giv d lectures b4 clinic starts. ..some1 confirm. Buh were I dey dats how we do.
also as u register tell d nurse. And ask her....she she ll tell u d schedule n luth protocol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
DonaTee:

Preventive anti malaria frm 12wks n d ladt dose not later than 36wks.
tt u take wen u feel quickening/baby kick buh frm 18wks n last dose abt 36wks

I pm u. Reply both. I changed d old email I used to pm. So I cant contact u.
ok ma'am. Tanx for responding. Send a message to mompurity@yahoo.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
As funny as this may sound, my MIL told me when my boy was born and she was around for omugwo that I should try as much as possible not to be angry with dh because I was breastfeeding. She said it might affect baby's weight as in make him weigh little.

So please faithisallihave try as much as possible to forgive dh each time he offends you, as quickly as possible for baby's sake. This might just be a psychological help while you get the medical.

***critics, food is served hot***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
babythug:

You take the first one at 7weeks thereabouts and the next 4 weeks after. Can't remember what the remaining schedule looks like!

In my previous pregnancies na only two dem give us, i hear we have to take five now *rolls eyes*
Thanks. That is to say u've taken ur first dose alredy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
DonaTee:
Una dooh all new mums n newly loaded mamas
seems I always miss cuties peechures chai! I dey find wife for my boy ooo wink

@starbuck I seee u....Congrats girlie. May God giv u ur heart desires

@mummyf kedu longest time. How bumping?

kiss kiss kiss my mouth dey pain me....im shearrring d kiss to those I missed deir post lol

hands full now
mummyf don born

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
mamas, I dey hail o. Mk una follow me see one kyn thing o. How will this AF decide to show just barely 5wks after delivery. I m not even ready for her wahala sef.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Rukemi291:
As funny as this may sound, my MIL told me when my boy was born and she was around for omugwo that I should try as much as possible not to be angry with dh because I was breastfeeding. She said it might affect baby's weight as in make him weigh little.

So please faithisallihave try as much as possible to forgive dh each time he offends you, as quickly as possible for baby's sake. This might just be a psychological help while you get the medical.

***critics, food is served hot***
Lol! You could be right, you know. I ve been in a bad place since I gave birth. Probably post natal depression.
feddy27, thanks for the comforting words and advice. Will give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by koredeeniola(f): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
@faithisallihave,I also gave birth to my baby boy oct 25 instead of d expected date of dec 8,he weighed 1.6 so u can imagine how he luks lyk,d nurse told me to breastfeed him exclusively,his weight nw is 3.9, I went to d hospital last week nd I told my nurse dat am nt ok wt his weight nd she said I shld giv him NAN.so u r nt d only one

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
@faitgisallihave, pls try not to b depressed. Might affect ur lo adversely. Since ur lo was preterm, u don't expect him to weigh same as term babies, at least for nw. Breastmilk alone s sufficient for d baby. I ll advice ebf as long as u re eating and resting well. Ebf s less stressful, cheap and very hygienic. Its demanding tho and requires u to b ever ready to meet lo's demand.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
christybabe:
Pls ooo Mama's, has anyone drank Garri of recent, because right now I have this urge to drink Garri with cold water and moimoi oooo, but am scared because of the Masse fever news. Help me the urge for drinking Garri right now is strong ni. Thanks. Am patiently waiting for a reply

Congrats to the Mama'S that just put to birth.

I took garri this afternoon, with one criminally blocked pure water, sugar, milk and moi moi. even lassa self bow for the combination

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyife(f): 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
Iyabetajos:

i did dis early Morning ohh.couldnt resist anymore .i just kept kabashing prayers while drinking lolss

lol..i drank some weeks back..na so i dey quote bible portion on top the garri..peeps in my office were begging me not to drink..but why the urge for garri sef? i almost bought garri today to drink i then changed my mind and bought porridge yam..but if one must drink garri just pour into a saucepan and heat abi fry for some minute

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
mompurity2:
Thanks. That is to say u've taken ur first dose alredy?

Took the second one at 13weeks or so. Got the dates mixed up! *sighs*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
@limsycutey am using gbagada general hospital, I enjoy deir antenatal class and their matron seems nice sha....am a FTM but heard d place is very good cos dey av many hands,though am using R-Jolad private hospital as well....Happy Bumping to us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
tchiwinnie:
mamas, I dey hail o. Mk una follow me see one kyn thing o. How will this AF decide to show just barely 5wks after delivery. I m not even ready for her wahala sef.

"kokoko, who is that?
it's me (us) baby 3. Mummy Tchiwinnie open the door for us".

faithisallihave just stay positive. You are no more living for yourself alone. God will lighten your burden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mompurity2, 1st tt 2nd tt a month after 1st 3rd, 6 months after 2nd 4th, a year after 3rd 5th and final. A year after 4th. Just tool my last dose on friday. Started in 2013

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
babythug:

Took the second one at 13weeks or so. Got the dates mixed up! *sighs*
thanks ma'am's.

@dhabeautyjas, i'll ask for it in my next visit. Thanks for explaining.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
Congrats to all the mums that delivered. May God bless your babies.
Welcome to the newbies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
Brownsmoothie:
@limsycutey am using gbagada general hospital, I enjoy deir antenatal class and their matron seems nice sha....am a FTM but heard d place is very good cos dey av many hands,though am using R-Jolad private hospital as well....Happy Bumping to us all.

Oh thanks! I'm also using a private hospital close to my house (We care, its a good one) but I want a feel of antenatal classes at govt hospitals, these private hospitals are quite boring Lol. I registered at a private hospital with my first too so I missed out on that. What's the registration process pls? Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 10:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
@Limsycutey new mamas go on Wednesday for general lecture(dey wl tel u al u need to know and show u around),den u wl go with hubby on a Thursday for blood donation,d following Tuesday u wl go with 9,500 for registration...den I wl given an appointment for antenatal either Monday or Thursday.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
Annie z reading..........!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 10:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
All this garri drinkers, remind me of those preggy days I usually eat my beans with garri. I know the feeling. grin.

faithisallihave, pls keep feeding your baby and try not to worry so much about the weight, just do your own part. Depression is so real. Try and make yourself happy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by livelystone(f): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
faithisallihave:
rchilee, hi!
I have some questions, pls. You ported from Feb 2016 to Dec 2015, just like me.
My DD also born at 34 weeks is so tiny, everyone is usually surprised when they learn she is as old as she is. She is just 2.8 kg. It breaks my heart. She looks like a day old baby.
If you don't mind me asking, are you exclusively breastfeeding or supplementing with formula?
Is there anything I can do to help her gain more?
I feel like a failure.
She is an iugr baby born at 2.2 kg and i'm very slim. I don't know if that is a contributing factor to her slow weight gain.

My DS too was born at 35wks weighing 2.5kg, he ws looking very tiny (like 2kg baby), I ws even afraid to leave d hospital after I ws discharged smiley
Just make sure u feed her well even if u plan to EBF, time her feeds don't wait till she cries or is hungr & also eat well itself & put ur mind at rest, b4 u knw it, u will looking at her & wonder how she grew so fast. My DS at 6wks he weighed 3.4kg but still looking small (though I and DH too are very smallish). Introduced aptamil at 6wks, weighed 4.7kg at 10wks & 5.4 at 14wks. His weight too is still below average for a BB but I'm hoping he will catch up very soon.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chibuzor05(m): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
You can still engage in exercise when you are pregnant. Check this out

http://www.ehfblog.com/2016/02/exercising-while-pregnant.html?m=1
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Faithisallihave, try to take your child to the hospital please.
The only person that can reassure you and work out a plan for you is your Dr cos he will see the baby face to face and assess so many things.

Secondly, some babies are naturally small. Take me for example...my mom used to say that I was a very small child...i would just yinmu ...now I'm all orobo but if you see my children...you will laff at me. Even Atinuke is small compared to some babies of her age. And she can EAT!
Take it easy on yourself.
As long as your child is breastfeeding very well ( not the 5 minutes snacking some of them do o), you have no cause for alarm.
If there is a problem with breastfeeding you can try to find solutions to it.
-Check if you are lactating very well ( try to pump n measure how much milk you produce)
- Check if the milk is flowing well ( someone can help suck and check)
- Is baby latching right?
- Do u empty a breast totally before moving to d other one?
- You may need to time and feed if he is a picky eater. Say 10/15minutes hourly.

I wont lie, Atinuke has started sucking her 2 fingers and sometimes refuses bm or even formula. I no dey waste time na forcefeeding straight (you have to know how to o!) When pikin no go wan chop for almost 6hours. angry

Take it easy mama, you can do this.
Take a deep breath.
Restrategize and build a new plan.
Dont let whatever anyone says get on your nerves, instead let it serve as a stimulation/ challenge.
Depression won't help, it will only make you resent yourself, dh and child. It will also make it difficult for you to produce milk.
Put in my that being a Mother is a hard job, no offdays or breaks. You wont always get it right but you cant stop trying.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.