Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8170927 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
ambient:
mehn let me rant small jor.....
#proudlyteammayeyeingapril grin
Kpele,
I also forgot things while preggy, it wasn't funny atall.
DH will be like " is it not you I told so so so the other day"" and I will roll my eyes and search my brain but boom I can't remember ever hearing that.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
DonaTee:

My son is great ooooo. He go soon finish his phD thesis grin
How's u n urs?

@dhabeautyjas olia? Hope u r gud.

PHD Thesis? hmm

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Peddylove:

Which of the garden egg? the green or white one?
please what is the purpose of the garden egg after delivery ma?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by raptor2: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
ahnie:
Anoda kinswoman...daz nyc.lolz@the ziino z a big gyal thingy.
Yesooooo up Delta.......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
DonaTee:

My son is great ooooo. He go soon finish his phD thesis grin
How's u n urs?

@dhabeautyjas olia? Hope u r gud.

my dear, i dey o. waiting for march to end sharparly. #teamapril

zaynie the inventor. chai, i like your ways jare. i am also guilty of that stare maybe its cos i know what it feels like.

ambient, that forgetfulness is very frustrating, do u know after my first delivery, i don't still remember many things like i used to in my virginious days, my mind was like a computer but now, i wonder what can be done.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Omojudy:

please what is the purpose of the garden egg after delivery ma?
They said it's helps to flatten your tummy after birth.

Zaynie @ magic bucket haha hahaha.
Am just imagining the scene of laying down your bucket for recharge card etal lol

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Yayyyy! My friend just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl!!! I want to share her BS o because i have plenty kwestions.

BS

On Wednesday i called her to ask if she was coming for ANC so i can pick number for her, as i usually go early. She said yes but i noticed she was sounding tired on phone. She was already 40 weeks and the dr said she has to be induced on Thursday latest. At first she didn't want to be induced and tried eating lots of pineapples and trekked a very long distance, just to induce labor. But contraction nor gree show face. The obgyn said he doesn't let his patients pass 40 weeks because of the risk. That if she doesn't want to be induced, she should find another hospital to handle her case.
So when she came for ANC that Wednesday, she went in to see the obgyn who checked her and said she was already showing some signs of contraction but not dilating.
The next day she and hubby packed bags and came to the hospital for the induction. The induction was super painful. They fixed something like balloon (nor laugh me o, i nor remember the name) inside her cervix and she say the pain was almost unbearable. After then she started dilating. By 11pm she was already 9cm. The dr and nurses were happy that she is progressing fast.
All of a sudden, she stopped dilating. They waited and waited for hours, no progress. All this while the midwives were checking the baby's heartrate regularly to be sure the baby is okay.
After long hours of waiting, no more dilation, labor wasnt coming, baby wasn't crowning, no sign of the head, nothing, they had to opt for emergency CS.
And her baby girl came out looking all yummy and beautiful. Mother alive, baby alive. I'm still with her at the hospital.

Oya, my kweshions! Why is it hard for FTM to have contractions and dilate without being induced? Besides trekking and pineapple, are there ways to induce labor naturally? What might be the reason why cervix will stop dilating?

NB: This is not my birth story o biko

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uglyBetty1(f): 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
mompurity2:
Hello everyone, my procedure was a success to the glory of God. I feel perfectly fine, no pain at all, I dnt evn feel like sth ws done to my vjay grin. God is so faithful and i'm grateful. Thanks for the show of love and support. We all shall carry and nurture our Lo's in Jesus name. Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by item4biz: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
hello all and weldone to all mamas. i wish you all a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies.

i sell baby car seats and other babay items.

see car seat below. will post other pics too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2016
Uglybetty1 are you carrying twins as well?

I might be mistaken, but is it all multiples mamas that have to have a cerclage done?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
@Zaynie, sebi you started panting @about five minutes, me in no more thank two mins I don tire.

And I bought unripe pawpaw today oo, what is the healthy impact on baby or me? I never chop am, can give it to hubby to eat it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
sugah:
Uglybetty1 are you carrying twins as well?

I might be mistaken, but is it all multiples mamas that have to have a cerclage done?

Am with twins n don't do it. So not all mamas with twins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
@ambient... Lol, pele o. Rant on jare, it isn't easy.

@zaynie,lol,magic bucket? I don learn new thing today

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourish89: 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2016
item4biz:
hello all and weldone to all mamas. i wish you all a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies.

i sell baby car seats and other babay items.

see car seat below. will post other pics too.
how much and what produuct?is it coonvertible
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
iomoge2:
Mama's am happy to officially be in your presence after all my stolen attendance.
I just thank God for surprising me
It happened when I least expected
When I was too sure no ovulation for me and even told dh same.
When I was waiting for af to start the pills I got to induce ovulation.
I didn't know God had other plans.

My Lmp is January 15th
Got my Bfp on March 3rd - 3-3-2016
Am announcing 16-3-2016

I know I ovulated very late but I can't say when exactly
So I am waiting for my first scan to know which team I belong.

In my heart of hearts though I see October - ( 10-10-16) 38weeks gestational age.
I hope that's healthy enough.

The bday Mama, I came with all currencies but being an Iyamileko -Lagos Mama. I will pay you with cowries... The type we used to pick at bar beach back in d days... I hope it's acceptable grin grin grin

P's. I like date sequence sha.
wow wow wow God is great! cheesy so happy to read this. May God grant all ATC mamas ds miracle o. Dn't even know what to type again grin just so happy for u sis, ds joy shall be permanent by God's grace. So ur lo wants to share my baby's date, ko? cool (my baby was born 10-10-15 at 10:15a.m, 37w1day, lmp Jan 23 cool ) o ya ask madam zaynie for d TSA account number, I go see am for corner later wink wink cool grin wishing u a h n h preggy ride inshaAllaah welcome to all d newbies, JummaiTwins et all, Congratulations to all d new moms, may God bless ur LOs. Ameen

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Flourish89:
how much and what produuct?is it coonvertible
Same question I have
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
uglyBetty1:

Yes. I had my ceyclage (don't know if it's d correct spelling) done in my 12th weeks or so. After d procedure I was surprised, I didn't feel anything at all. When they brought me out from the theatre, I asked d Dr if dt was all, he said yes. I tot I will feel it but for where, I didn't even feel anything. I was discharged the following day and to the glory of God am still ok.

God will keep the babies in our womb alive and we will be here to tell our stories like others. Amen.

Nice weekend to you all.
Amen oooooo! May God be praised.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Babe chillax,ayam not annoyed...never would.i just spoke my mind..but i find it very disgustin your dictating to me not to speak it,inasmuch as am comfy with it,allow me do my thingy,in other words comot hand for my yan.sh make i mess.like i said,i'm not angry anymore...E-hugs.
lioha:
Ah abeg no vex oh grin, why such a reaction? shocked

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
ahnie:
Lolz na really in ahnie's voice...my dear,the gardenegg thingy worked for me...my tummy z as flat like that of a Gecko.and how comes you had flatulence?very strange i must say.
momsy zino, abeg can it still work at 5 months postpartum? My tummy is no longer as flat as it was pre-pregnancy. Even though I no sabi chop garden egg, I fit learn am by fire
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
ma tnks fr ur response. i bought dis manual breast pump n i use but milk is nt coming out. or is der oda way to use it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2016
Abeg I wan rant as my body dey hot.
I'm using two hospitals. While hospital A gave me castor oil to use by saturday night to induce labour since it'll be last edd given and the baby is big from the last scan done, the hospital B is just waiting for me to fall labour naturally even if it's ten months gone (so as to opt for cs, I suppose).
Today I feel heaviness down there with cramp and watery discharge. As a ftm, don't know what to term it so I went to hospital B which is 15 mins walk to complain and to be checked maybe. Though today is not antenatal but met 3 nurses on duty watching movie. I sat down and told them what i was feeling and if to be checked. They all laughed at me that if I was in labour, I wouldn't be calm and walked to the hospital. Then one of them asked me to follow her so as to check me. Then one of them made a statement rude tone that it was not necessary or the nurse like to be inserting her hand to veejay anyhow.
I felt dirty and embarrassed, stood up in tears and told them not to bother again. The nurse who wanted to attend to me ran after and console me.
I was so mad that I wasn't given attention in my condition. Not because I enjoyed being checked. I did it once and it was painful but wanted them to check so as to know if cervix is opening or use the castor oil.
Some nurses are so mean and callous. They should go for communication and counselling classes

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Is like today is ranting day.

Make I rant my own.

Gave someone money to do business. She told me she will make 100% of the money in a month. That was since November oo. Now tori don start. Posting me on top the 50% of the money I asked for for over a month now.

People eeee, God knows I want her to prosper and stop begging me for money always reason why I close my eye give am the money to start up, now plus the profit plus the capital, like say she don chop am. This is someone that is still being fed, housed, clothed, so what did she use the money for?

I don make up my mind say, if at the end she no see the 50% give me, I will forget it and never will I ever ever give her a kobo of my money.

That is the second time am starting her up and nothing to show for it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why not,eat it before going to bed.
UmmTwins2:
momsy zino, abeg can it still work at 5 months postpartum? My tummy is no longer as flat as it was pre-pregnancy. Even though I no sabi chop garden egg, I fit learn am by fire

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
sayoddy:
Abeg I wan rant as my body dey hot.
I'm using two hospitals. While hospital A gave me castor oil to use by saturday night to induce labour since it'll be last edd given and the baby is big from the last scan done, the hospital B is just waiting for me to fall labour naturally even if it's ten months gone (so as to opt for cs, I suppose).
Today I feel heaviness down there with cramp and watery discharge. As a ftm, don't know what to term it so I went to hospital B which is 15 mins walk to complain and to be checked maybe. Though today is not antenatal but met 3 nurses on duty watching movie. I sat down and told them what i was feeling and if to be checked. They all laughed at me that if I was in labour, I wouldn't be calm and walked to the hospital. Then one of them asked me to follow her so as to check me. Then one of them made a statement rude tone that it was not necessary or the nurse like to be inserting her hand to veejay anyhow.
I felt dirty and embarrassed, stood up in tears and told them not to bother again. The nurse who wanted to attend to me ran after and console me.
I was so mad that I wasn't given attention in my condition. Not because I enjoyed being checked. I did it once and it was painful but wanted them to check so as to know if cervix is opening or use the castor oil.
Some nurses are so mean and callous. They should go for communication and counselling classes

So sorry about your experience. This is one reason I like to use two clinics, if one fail I run fast to the other.

But how far? Have you been checked? Or have you gone to the second hospital? I feel you should have gone to the one that gave you castol oil seeing they started you on it to induce labour.

Pele, it will end in praise and thanksgiving.

@Zaynie, pls answer my question on unripe pawpaw, it's still staring at me oo, never chop am and hubby is back, should we eat it together or I give him alone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
ahnie:
Oni flourish mavor nah?keve omo bo ba?oza ran nko!!!dont mind those nairaland perverts,they keep sendin me nansense pm(s)zino z a success,how z kinky(hope i got the spellins rightly)

I'm fine o. Baby is doing great. Dh is fine. Kiki is the name or Ogheneyole.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Babe,ma'am lioha no get right to tell me not to speak hausa at'all.what i dont fancy,i speak out.no ill feelins towards ma'am lioha,non intended.we are cool now.
zaynie:
Ahnie.....why you dey para for Lioha na? She say no speak Hausa again tongue
I don get person wey sabi hausa so I go dey uncode all your yarns now cheesy grin

@ Ambient, I am oga at giving pregnant women that sympathetic stares buh its mostly becos I can feel their pain.
The trekking matter cheesy cheesy cheesy
I remember when I was in my 3rd trimester and the rave was all about long walks on here. Na em me sef carry myself say today I must waka that 1 hr, 2 hrs wey ppl dey waka today.
I decided to trek to work and not drive. Omo see me panting in like 5 minutes. Nobody told me to jejely take lift from our school bus.
I live on the 2nd floor so I respectfully invented my own magic bucket. Anything I need, I drop bucket and pull it up....be it bread, recharge card, money, clothes....I cannot come downstairs drop it in the bucket or bring it up yourself tongue

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ogheneyole....God answers prayer...lovely name i must say.correction taken on the kiki issue.
rezzy:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ogheneyole....God answers prayer...lovely name i must say.correction taken on the kiki issue.
rezzy:

if God blesses me with my twins i shall name them...zano n zani lolz.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
dunamit:
ma tnks fr ur response. i bought dis manual breast pump n i use but milk is nt coming out. or is der oda way to use it

What brand is it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
olubankemi:

So sorry about your experience. This is one reason I like to use two clinics, if one fail I run fast to the other.

But how far? Have you been checked? Or have you gone to the second hospital? I feel you should have gone to the one that gave you castol oil seeing they started you on it to induce labour.

Pele, it will end in praise and thanksgiving.

@Zaynie, pls answer my question on unripe pawpaw, it's still staring at me oo, never chop am and hubby is back, should we eat it together or I give him alone?

Dont eat o!
Abeg carry yourself and drink juice with pawpaw inside. Or eat the ripe one.
It contaims a substance called latex which cause uterine contractions.
It is also said to cause miscarriage and even stillbirths
Better safe than sorry.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Mamas, dont ever let your Medical practitioners put u down. Ever!
No matter how gentle you are, try to speak up for yourself.

Una know say me I sabi story well well.
1. When Moyo was born, I was fine buh Moyo wasnt so off to the NICU he went. Because of CS, I was bedridden from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday morning or so. It meant I hadnt gotten a good look at him. When I got to his NICU, I saw his Dr and we spoke. I read his chart and saw that he had swallowed my blood from when he was inside and would be unable to eat anything till it was all pumped out. So he was on drip all through. By the time I saw him his feet were swollen, even his hands too.
I was like no P. He will survive this.
So after speaking with the Dr, he said by Wednesday, they would have pumped it all and he would be discharged. Na so my belle dey sweet that finally we were going home.
On Wed morning, I went there, read the update on the chart , saw that he was stable and good to go, my nurse came to drag me so I could rest and because our Drs were on rounds.
I slept off hoping to be called to come amd carry baby only for a fellow mama whose baby was in NICU came to call me to buy more drugs and drips. I was like what?
My eyes were red and I was scared that sth had happened while I was sleeping.
I got there and just went to my Dr and asked
" why is he getting more drugs? His chart says he's ok now"
This Dr wasnt alone o, there was another very pretty woman ( unknown to me she was the Chief Consultant for Paed) and the Chief Matron and some elderly nurses sha.
The Dr was like " have you bought the drugs?'
I said " why are u pumping him full of drugs, he's barely 4 days old.
By this time my voice was raised and my I was already crying.
Then oyinbo started " you ppl are overloading his liver, check his feet and hands, swollen to an extent that his skin peeled off ( in 4 days o!), none of your nurses noticed it until I came to see him. Then I shouted "He's just a baby!".
Everywhere was eerily quiet, then I walked out. At the stairs I was really cryinh and was about to go to the pharmacy to get the drugs needed.
The fellow mama now tapped me, she was like ' ah! They wont attend to you again, see how you shouted at the Consultant! Are you the only one here?"
I just looked at her and said " As long as I pay my tax,l will be attended to cos my tax pays their salary" Just I said that, one of the mama nurses came out and was like Consultant is calling you.
I went in and she was like " is this your first child?"
I answered affirmative. She then pulled all the drips out of Moyo and asked me to breastfeed him. As a FTM, I was gropping and the nurse was like " shebi u were shouting now, oya feed him now'
Trust me, I gave her eyeing of life.
The consultant cautioned her and instructed her to teach me how to breastfeed. Even when milk wasnt coming out, this consultant told her to break the syringe ( without needle) to act as a small breast pump. Once feeding was established she picked her bag, smiled at me and left.
When she had gone, the Dr just laughed and called me Professional Mommy. Its been almost 4 years and thats what he still calls me. He remembers Moyo like it was yesterday.
The next day ( Thursday), they said he would be discharged. I was so excited. Then the same fellow mama called Drs attention that my son's eyes were yellow. That it could be jaundice. I said how will a child born on Sunday now develop yellow eyes by Thursday, beside his fathers younger brother has very yellow eyes. Dr said oya do test, if it comes out negative by 6 pm you can go home. They started him on phototherapy. Result came in by 5 pm, borderline. Dr was no where to be found. So I googled all night! What could cause jaundice to sudden show up, then I found out that the exact combo of drugs I was induced with could cause it plus the bp drugs I was on then too.
By the time Dr came in the morning, I was ready.
I gave my speech and he smiled all thru.
Lo and behold we checked his eyes again and they were cleared. We were discharged.

I used to be VERY QUIET! So quiet that I didnt always answer attendance in class cos was shy till I had no result!
So shy that ppl used to walk all over me.
Until I had enough! I said NO MoRe!
Now if you do what I dont like I will tell you outrightly! If I like you, I will use gentle voice to tell you, If I no send you, omo I go burst for your head o.
Sayoddy, you for para for that nurse. Na that kain stewpid nurse go dey argue with woman in labour say time to born never reach and if you look am well na auxillary o ( Nurse Kaffy, I no reach your side o).

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: prettmum(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.