Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8151614 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2013
Hello mothers
congratulations to all the new mothers and gen Buhari..God bles ur LO

Pls smthn is really happening and I dnt really like it,whenever I av fever,my boys(smtyms just one of dem) run temperature too,if I have cold,dey have cold too...if am nt cheerful(dos pregnancy mood swings),dey dnt play too,no mater how hubby or my house help plays wit dem....my aunt said its normal bt I am nt comfortable wit it...pls wat can I do

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2013
@ honeypie, i know scent leaf as nchuawu.
experienced mamas come and ans hummingbird o,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sinie: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
hello mothers and expectant mothers in the house. i need serious advice and prayers. i went for an ultrasound today (if you remember i had mentioned i was 7weeks and 2 days pregnant and i had cramps). anyway when i went to the hospital to complain about the cramps, the doctor said it was normal and i sud take paracetamol if it was too bad but i insisted on going for a scan. the result of the scan was missed abortion and that i sud rescan in a weeks time to ascertain viability. when i took the result to the doctor he said the baby was dead in my womb and recommended an immediate evacuation, today if possible. My husband insisted on a second opinion so when we went to another doctor he said that it doesn't mean the baby was dead, that it could be that it was still too early to detect life. that i should rescan in another 2weeks.
Right now am so confused, nothing in my career as a pharmacist had prepared me for this. if rili the baby is dead in my womb it cant be good to leave it for another 2 weeks. but going for a D n C now is risky since there is a slight chance the baby is still viable. i want to believe God that nothing is wrong with my baby, i want to speak life to the baby in my womb. Right now am scared my dear sisters, please join me in prayers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sinie i said and will continue to say a prayer for you... my dear God is in control.

I'd advice that you hold off having a d n c for now,atleast not today.

Speak to your baby to stay put. Talk to your God to fulfil his promise, He doesn't lie. Sing praises, stay positive.and don't fret.

Do a rescan in a few days time and hope for the best.
whatever the outcome, just know.that its for the best. we may not.understand it yet but its always for the best. my dear its well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sinie: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thank you SD. I rili appreciate your prayers and encouraging words. I have faith in the God I serve and right now I can only say let his will be done.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 3:54pm On Dec 23, 2013
@all
Thanks for your valuable advices
@mayblossom
it could be the iron supplement l was given...if that causes it...or too much yam pepper soup and other omugwo things am eating grin..... am so tired of don't eat this, don't eat that, it will affect baby this and baby that?

@goking
so sorry for ur experience. I was told the mint sweet is to reduce gas.

@sinie
a very good friend of mine is going thru the exact thing now, she sort 2nd option and was told the baby is inactive and not dead as first option said. However she is in her 14th week. I trust there's nothing God cant do, you need all the faith to hold on and speak to the baby, God put him/her and only him can keep. I join my faith with yours, that your expectation shall not be cut off.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sinie, just relax and pray and let God take control. He is the great physician and life sustainer, so tell Him to let His perfect will be done, we r in prayers for u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kheti(f): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nawa oh, I asked a question earlier on this thread and didn't receive any response, but @udoka who posted after me with a question of her own got plenty replies.(Hope u r feeling much better nw sis) Anyway it is well. M doin much better now

@sinie I speak life into ur womb and the enemy's plan will surely not come to pass. U have to hold on to ur faith and believe God's report. It is well my sister. Wait a few days and then go again for the scan again. I hold my faith with urs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sinie dear. Please don't worry. Insha Allah, no child shall die in your womb. The God that put it there will definitely sustain it. Please hold on a little and go for a rescan in a few days time. God is with you.
.....and if God says that is what He wants, He knows best......
I'm with you in prayers.

Udoka. You dey enjoy omugwo things. The don't-eat-this-don't-eat-that thing is seriously choking. I love sugar/sweet things a lot but i have been banned from them. I sneak to put them in my food.
Someone even went as far as saying i should drink 'agbo' (herbs) because boys don't tolerate sugar. God help us sha.

Hummingbird. Infact, i can imagine what you are going through with two active kids and pregnancy. God is your strength o.

Aww. Dear Kheti. I know atleast byvan would respond. Please pardon us and post the Q again. Let's see if we can help. Abeg no vex.

I have been so busy with feeding baby and receiving visitors. I always want to respond to some posts but time no gree me again. I'm sure i will adjust to this situation and be more active on the thread soon. Atleast i am now experienced a little.

Fnor. How are you today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sennykenny1(f): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
@sinie dnt worry, d Lord dat started d journey shall perfect it IJN, we shall not count our loss.
Just wait for like 3-4 day b4 u do d scan again, I will keep praying for u.

@kheti dnt be annoyed, I dnt think I saw d question and some people might not knw d answer to it. No vex my sis, we will all carry to term by d special grace of God
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
Rukemi am fine o, though harmattan cold andcough dey worry me but i go manage, am almost there by His grace
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayblossom(f): 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Rukemi291: Udoka. You dey enjoy omugwo things. The don't-eat-this-don't-eat-that thing is seriously choking. I love sugar/sweet things a lot but i have been banned from them. I sneak to put them in my food.
Someone even went as far as saying i should drink 'agbo' (herbs) because boys don't tolerate sugar. God help us sha.
Hmm, some people sef dey enjoy scaring new mums and first time preggies. I love sugar nd sugary things too, but I try to avoid it when I can, for my health(diabetes and all) not cos of the baby per say. Agbo ke, boys don't tolerate sugar nothing person no go hear o.

Sinie your baby will live and you will testify to the goodness of God. Be assured of my prayers. please don't be scared or confused, God will see you through.

Honiepie24: @mayblossom r u serioussssss,amazing,i love dat ur xperience,hw did they knw u had fallen into serious contraction,since u had no pain,u also dialated stresslessly.wow
Not that I never had pains, I arrived at the hosp in pains like most mums. I was admitted and examined, i was 1cm dilated at the time. they decided to monitor the baby and before 30mins, I was already 3cm, so they knew I was definitely in labour and not false labour. There was pain all this time(the early pains sha not the very intense type) till they gave me the epi then the pain stopped. We got to the hosp arnd 6:30, admitted around 7pm, epidural was given around 10pm and I put to bed at 8:25 the next morning. you know one thing is that epidural makes labour a bit longer so they gave me pitocin too to fasten it.

udoka2: @all
Thanks for your valuable advices
@mayblossom
it could be the iron supplement l was given...if that causes it...or too much yam pepper soup and other omugwo things am eating grin..... am so tired of don't eat this, don't eat that, it will affect baby this and baby that?
No I never sd u shd not eat the peppersoup, I actually sd u shd drink it well well that the spices help. as for Iron, I'm very sure it causes constipation. My doc told me cos my antenatal drug contained iron for strength and i was also given extra iron tabs(i was always weak and my blood count was low). The iron became very necessary so doc told me thats the only way out, and then warned me to take ENOUGH water to avoid constipation.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
sinie dear, Almighty will perfect ur story, just be positive and take another scan before the end of the week. God will do the best for you.
kheti, sorRy o, i cant even remember seeing the Q.
@ALL, its well with us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mayblossom(f): 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kheti: Congrats esmeralda. Our God is faithful, may ur baby bring u loads of joy and happiness.

Pls mommies what are home remedies I can use for cold, av been down with this cattarh for almost a week now thnks to my lovely DH, my nose s always blocked nd my chest really heavy especially in the night

@kheti sorry o, I myself have asked several questions and had absolutely no answers to them, I even asked about this constipation thing, my baby being breech at 33wks, etc. No answer. I saught help from elsewhere, but it won't stop me from giving my own suggestions if it's a topic I'm conversant with. I've quoted the post so that ppl that know abt it can answer. pls don't take offence, it happens but its usually not intentional. I never had cold while pregnant and I kno a pregger can't take drugs indiscreminately so I'll suggest putting robb in hot water and inhaling the smoke.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by skimpychick(f): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Sinie be rest assured dt d good Lord who started dis in ur life must bring it to accomplishment. Hold ur tommy n keep declaring/prophesying to ur baby. By d grace of God. You'll start noticing pinches or shld I say a sort of movt. He's a miracle worker. @new momies pls did u use napkin pin on ur tops/shirts to prevent evil eyes. Is it biblical. Is it what a xtian shld do? . PlS dnt ignore a sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2013
@sinnie,one thing I know and believe is dat there s nothing our God cannot do. I pray ur baby will live and God will gv u a testimony.If its possible to do d rescan in a diff place, frm whr u did d first one, dat will b good.A good place o.

Pls mommas, wots ur take on buying baby cot.I ve heard pple say they buy it and their babies eventually don't use it @ all, or don't sleep in it for long.Pls I need ur advice. Will it b a waste of money to buy it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
skimpychick, i was told same by my mum and MIL, also some other women, infact, one of our drivers at work called me and told me to be using safety pin. i do forget sometimes so i deviced a means: putting it in my hair. it doesnt remove anything from u, just use it but prayers is the most protective device.
kheti, these things come with preg, i wrote sometime ago that my grandma said i shd slowly swallow shearbutter oil with warm water for sore throat and cough and rukemi wrote on aw to manage cattarh, if u have been folowingthe thread, this Q has been asked severally and answered.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kheti I saw your question but I had no answer,i usually wait out mine to clear naturally.Am sure your post wasn't ignored,most of us don't have an answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
skimpychick: @Sinie be rest assured dt d good Lord who started dis in ur life must bring it to accomplishment. Hold ur tommy n keep declaring/prophesying to ur baby. By d grace of God. You'll start noticing pinches or shld I say a sort of movt. He's a miracle worker. @new momies pls did u use napkin pin on ur tops/shirts to prevent evil eyes. Is it biblical. Is it what a xtian shld do? . PlS dnt ignore a sis

I don't believe in that pin stuff,i don't think easterners do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
tchiwinnie: @sinnie,one thing I know and believe is dat there s nothing our God cannot do. I pray ur baby will live and God will gv u a testimony.If its possible to do d rescan in a diff place, frm whr u did d first one, dat will b good.A good place o.

Pls mommas, wots ur take on buying baby cot.I ve heard pple say they buy it and their babies eventually don't use it @ all, or don't sleep in it for long.Pls I need ur advice. Will it b a waste of money to buy it?

If you have loose cash to spend,you can get it for keep sake,most babies hate the cot.My cot is pretty much of no use to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
Congrats Esmeralda...kisses to the new angel
@Udoka...iron definitely causes constipation which is one of the reasons iv stopped taking pregnacare...the indigestion was too much for me to bear...so these drugs sont end with childbirth? hmm...it is well o!

@Sinnie...pls no evacuation...hold off and exercise your faith, you can do another scan next week

@Rukemi...glad the naming ceremony went well after all the worries you expressed

@Kheti, this your question was answered about two pages ago...i think someone recommended hot water and robb or so...pls read a bit backwards

@Skimpy...personally, i dont believe in such....iv never seen it in the bible. prayers and the full amour of God as seen in Eph 6 is the way forward but it doesn't stop anyone from trying it sha...to each his own!

@ all compliments of the season! may our joy know no bound as we remember Jesus the reason for the season
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
skimpychick: @Sinie be rest assured dt d good Lord who started dis in ur life must bring it to accomplishment. Hold ur tommy n keep declaring/prophesying to ur baby. By d grace of God. You'll start noticing pinches or shld I say a sort of movt. He's a miracle worker. @new momies pls did u use napkin pin on ur tops/shirts to prevent evil eyes. Is it biblical. Is it what a xtian shld do? . PlS dnt ignore a sis

Abeg e be like say na superstition oh, how can pin prevent evil,we r protected by the Almighty, covered with the blood of Jesus, no harm can come near us, amen

CONGRATS Esmeralda, who is next oh, December go soon finish oh, then January next, Yipeeee, can't wait.

Sinie it is well with you and ur lo, I read someone's story on this thread with a similar story and it turned out that the docs were.wrong, all I can say and always say is, we serve a living God, he will make the impossible possible, keep having faith and let his will be done, in Jesus name.

Sennykenny how body my sister.

Gen Buhari, how far, How is madam and the new addition, my greetings

Hummingbird, how.u dey, how r the boys and ur littlle one, I asked u a question about weight of ur boys when u had them, I guess u didn't see the question, I'm 33weeks 2days now, and the pelvic pain, back pain and I dunno how to describe the other one, whether na cervix pain or.wetin, i.dunno sef no.easy these days, pls tell me, ,what were their weights.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
sennykenny1: Congrats esmeralda1 no wonder we didn't see u post, I'm so happy for u. Say hi to ur beautiful princess for me.

@kaf cake I think UCH is also gud, I heard it frm people dat used d place. My body dey kampe, just a little waist pain.

Happy sunday to all pregy moma in d house n merry xmas in advance, We shall all see 2014 n beyond.
NEXT person on d delivery list come forward

Thanks joh, I heard it's good too, but their negligence is too much joh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hummingbird: i personaly dnt tink Uch is ur friend's best bet,she shd try Adeoyo gen hospital...doctors in UCH act lik gods,I just asked hubby nw,and he said most of d docs dia run dia own private hospital,so u can knw wat dat means...I also ad an xperience wit one of my close friends(her husband too is a doctor in d same hospital o) and if u c d way dey treated her ehn..
So my advice is eida Adeoyo,or any oda gud hospital

Hummingbird, e be like say u dey live for ibadan, I don drop message for u tire, how u dey and ur boys, and ur belle,hope say u dey strong. I'm 33weeks 2days now, I wanted to know.what ur boys weighed when u had them,if u had them in ibadan, which hospital,

I've heard too many negative stories about uch, it's scary.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Sinnie,it is well,do not despair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2013
@sinie, its well with u and Lo. Pls hold ur tommy and keep calling life into ur child. U shall not cast ur young IJN.

@skimpychick, God is our protector. I do put pin when I remember.

@kheti, hope ur Q has been answered.

@tchiwinnie, I think it can still be useful as a playpen later when babies can't sleep in it anymore.

@hummingbir, I think mothers are specially attached to their babies. When am stressed out, the baby in my womb will relax and not be too active.
So just try to relax a lot and not stress out. Babies generally act up anytime and frequently.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2013
@Sinie our God is able to give ur baby life. Just keep the faith
@skimpy there is no need for that pin. God is able to protect u and the baby.
@tchiwinnie like sm1 said use ur extra cash to buy the cot. I admire the tin o but am not buying it. I ll rather use the money for smting I feel ll serve me better.

Christmas in the air! I Can feel it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sinie: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thank you all for ur support, you won't believe the strenght I have gained by just reading your comments. I believe that I do nt serve a God dat gives dead babies. àll is well IJN. Amen. Thank you dear sisters....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by busolayemi: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
Felt my baby's movement for d first tym all day today....not kicks thoe, just like d baby's turnin....dat was afta a good meal in d mornin....it's kind of early to me...my first didn't stat movin until like 5mnths....what do u tink....am just 15weeks gone....congrats to GenB
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
@busola...very possible...i started feeling movement (swimming) at 13 weeks and kicks at 18 wks

My baby is so hyper...doesnt stay one place
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
tchiwinnie: @sinnie,one thing I know and believe is dat there s nothing our God cannot do. I pray ur baby will live and God will gv u a testimony.If its possible to do d rescan in a diff place, frm whr u did d first one, dat will b good.A good place o.

My dear sister, I dnt know about you oh, but i bought oh, I heard loads of things that kids won't use it, and all but I still bought, coz i know it depends in how u train them, I actually got the life time crib, it converts from a baby cot to a toddler bed then to a normal bed, it can be used as a sofa as well, I will advice u to get that type, so that even if they don't sleep in it as kids they can use it as toddlers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princesca: 1:49am On Dec 24, 2013
@sinnie it is well.i went through such to with my first baby,I was told that my baby enemy was dead inside my womb by 2 different dr and I should carryout and immediate evacuation in order to save my womb.it was a devastating moment and I was told by a God saint Matron not to go for the evacuation,so I take up the risk and also communicate with my father in heaven,lo and behold within 7days the baby which the scan says was dead by 2different professional scanist before was doing great in my womb and was alive,he's doing great he's a year and four month and jumping everywhere here.believe in God he's a wonder working God.the God that did mine is not asleep he will do us just go and re-do d scan in few days.it is well with u and that blessed child in ur womb. Congrat to all the new mommies is the house the lo shall keep protecting the wonderful gift he gave us IJN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.