Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8267876 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
XX01:

Think about it very well o. They have to inject it under your skin to put it and then cut your skin to remove it. It leaves a scar. Also, it is based on hormones I think it's progesterone.

Haba!!!
Them go still cut my skin again?

Wo!
Be like say na condom go win am last last oh...
Ahnahn!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
XX01:

My doctor said to wait till the 6 week check up. Couldn't wait and started by week 3. Had no issues. cool

Had lochia stopped by then?

I still have lochia, and slight pain... And we dey go 4 weeks now...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
Teegali the contraction of induced labor is much more intense than normal contraction! Hence if the process is elongated due to one reason or the other, the baby becomes stressed! Heart rate drops, breathing becomes difficult which may lead to death if an intervention(cs) is not offered asap.

My induction was a failure within seconds (devil short hands dey involved for this one for sure angry ) my baby went into distress, placenta got disengaged while baby was still inside which led to massive bleeding and my passing out! Cs saved my life and that of my son.

Note many women have had successful induction but its best to always have an open mind as to what to go for should in case you are induced and it fails.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
loistee:
Pls mama's has anyone had a cs in luth, how long will one stay in hospital and for how long will one not eat, abeg any useful. Info will be appreciated.
cc kaffy4bill
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 1:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
XX01:

My doctor said to wait till the 6 week check up. Couldn't wait and started by week 3. Had no islsues. cool

Baddest mama!!!

I doff my hat for you grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
Whatta poetic BS.....Iyawotuntun deserves a medal. Congrats strong woman.

#iCelebrateYou

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Imagine what happened two nights ago!!!

I finally got a breastpump because breastfeeding Hansel every hour was getting too exhausting for me. I was happy that i can finally rest at night while dh or mil feeds Hansel with the expressed milk.

I expressed 120mls before going to bed. I was happy that Hansel's stomach will be full.

Only for dh to wake me up at night when i was already in cloud 9 that the milk was not enough for Hansel. I got up and saw that some milk was still remaining in the bottle. Dh said Hansel refused to drink it again.

I had to sit up and breastfeed him.

The next day morning...

While i was breastfeeding Hansel, dh was just looking at my bweast and said he didnt know breastmilk was this sweet... Huh?

He said it tastes like sugar. I asked him how he knew. He said he sipped it yesterday after Hansel refused to drink again shocked

How person husband go dey drink e wife breastmilk? angry

I just weak! Nothing wey person nor go see for this motherhood journey. Lol

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just when I thought I was badt.....XX01 stole the crown.

Kontinue!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
mitchyy:
Imagine what happened two nights ago!!!

I finally got a breastpump because breastfeeding Hansel every hour was getting too exhausting for me. I was happy that i can finally rest at night while dh or mil feeds Hansel with the expressed milk.

I expressed 120mls before going to bed. I was happy that Hansel's stomach will be full.

Only for dh to wake me up at night when i was already in cloud 9 that the milk was not enough for Hansel. I got up and saw that some milk was still remaining in the bottle. Dh said Hansel refused to drink it again.

I had to sit up and breastfeed him.

The next day morning...

While i was breastfeeding Hansel, dh was just looking at my bweast and said he didnt know breastmilk was this sweet... Huh?

He said it tastes like sugar. I asked him how he knew. He said he sipped it yesterday after Hansel refused to drink again shocked

How person husband go dey drink e wife breastmilk? angry

I just weak! Nothing wey person nor go see for this motherhood journey. Lol

Is there any law against the bolded tongue

You no gree give son of man jajana so na to change course to bweastmilk ... Kikikikikikikikiki

DH try o even me no gree taste my own breast milk and papa Mofe no even try am at all smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funmz(f): 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
funmz:

But i will like to know how much c.s costs in general hospitals so as to compare costs. My hospital is charging 180k.

I did mine in Central hospital, Warri and it was FREE. I only paid for blood (didn't use it and I got a refund) and drugs.

Private hospitals charges up to 180k and even above.

Sabi mamas let's hear from you guys.

zaynie, mitchyy, liftedhands, enkaydewdrop e.t.c

Senior modath where are you....Have missed you olorun kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Haba!!!

Wo!
Ahnahn!

Why not go for coil IUD?

#Suggesting
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
funmz:

. But i will like to know how much c.s costs in general hospitals so as to compare costs. My hospital is charging 180k.

60k, I saw it last week
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Haba!!!

Wo!
Ahnahn!

The scar won't be so obvious
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
@ funmz which state are you
Doc sent me for a ctg scan to check if my baby can withstand the stress b4 she'll induce but cs was decided as d result came out abnormal
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
mitchyy don keel me wt lafta ooocheesycheesycheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=enkaydewdrop post=47597455]

Haba!!!

Wo!
Ahnahn! [/qu
Lolz fear fear,only trouble you sabi find.
There is one I read about,its called patch,I think I like that one .you can read about it too.
I don't even like condom,na him make me Neva resume duty at almost four month ,and now e be like say cobwebs don full that side,so I need clear am asap wink.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ma'am temmy2103,pls can enlighten me on the ctg scan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ma'am temmy2103,pls can you enlighten me on the ctg scan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Harphorlarsadeh: 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hii everyone, congratulations to all d mamas DAT av downloaded.

Oya make una shift closer come hear wetin God don do.
Someone I know put to bed yesterday after ttcing for 7 years. She married late, now she is almost forty. the doctors had told her DAT she would deliver through C.S but she said she would have V.D by faith (long Tori). Fastword to labour room, d baby became distress during d course of labour. as she made to push d baby out, she was declared DEAD on arrival and was already black. when d mother heard she was not stable to comprehend what d doctors said as she herself was loosing strength and they were battling to save her life.

They reached out to prophets and men of God and people started interceding for her. The baby was put in a bath and sorrow had taken over d atmosphere, d doctor was even said to be weeping when all of a sudden, d baby sneezed to life after thirty minutes of being lifeless.
Who says there is no God. God still performs miracle as of old. He woke d dead

Lesson learnt: C.S is not a bad thing, in fact it saves from stories that touch the heart.

I felt like posting this to encourage those of us that are looking to God for fruits of the womb. Your testimony will shake the world. cheers
Team September

33 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2016
tyconcepts:

I did mine in Central hospital, Warri and it was FREE. I only paid for blood (didn't use it and I got a refund) and drugs.

Private hospitals charges up to 180k and even above.

Sabi mamas let's hear from you guys.

zaynie, mitchyy, liftedhands, enkaydewdrop e.t.c

Senior modath where are you....Have missed you olorun kiss

@funmz, it depends on the general hospital. Some charge up to 100k - 150k.
The prices differ.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emerald22(f): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
Good afternoon my e-sisters, its been a while o.
Congrats to those that have given birth, God bless your lo's.
Welcome to all the new members, u shall carry to term.
So i have been having pains and heaviness down below dat sometimes its like lo wants to jump out, i went for scan today and was told dat cervix is slightly open. Baby is doing fine, placenta is anterior and weight is 728g. Please sabi mamas should help me convert the weight cos am not too good at that.
Ma'am Feddy27, I am having a surprise baby o cos lo keeps crossing legs like oga/madam so I give up.
Cc: all sabi mamas.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=dexterush post=47601538][/quote]

Cobwebs shocked

Someone plz pour me water *****fainted****

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
[quote author=Harphorlarsadeh post=47602110]Hii everyone, congratulations to all d mamas DAT av downloaded.

Oya make una shift closer come hear wetin God don do.
Someone I know put to bed yesterday after ttcing for 7 years. She married late, now she is almost forty. the doctors had told her DAT she would deliver through C.S but she said she would have V.D by faith (long Tori). Fastword to labour room, d baby became distress during d course of labour. as she made to push d baby out, she was declared DEAD on arrival and was already black. when d mother heard she was not stable to comprehend what d doctors said as she herself was loosing strength and they were battling to save her life.

They reached out to prophets and men of God and people started interceding for her. The baby was put in a bath and sorrow had taken over d atmosphere, d doctor was even said to be weeping when all of a sudden, d baby sneezed to life after thirty minutes of being lifeless.
Who says there is no God. God still performs miracle as of old. He woke d dead

Lesson learnt: C.S is not a bad thing, in fact it saves from stories that touch the heart.

I felt like posting this to encourage those of us that are looking to God for fruits of the womb. Your testimony will shake the world. cheers
Team September[/overdo,
chukwuemeka, Jehovah overdo, he is just too awesome, same miracle happened to me

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Teegali:
@funmz,does induction really cause respiratory stress and death.?Other experience mums pls can you shed more light on this induction and respiratory distress for babies, I didn't mind that I was induced in my last delivery but I m just curious if it could cause respiratory distress and even death to babies,so that i can prepare my mind this time around,the hospital I delivered do not even monitor fetal heart beat while in labour, once you are in labour nothing more.,although I have changed hospital .funmz why don't you try general hospital, CS is usually cheaper there
My 2nd was by induction and it was very smooth and successful.. like all medical interventions, it can go south but it's not as scary as we make it. Before induction some examinations are carried out like cervix exam, reactive CTG etc to know if you are a candidate for it. For d resp distress, it can also happen in spontaneous labour but there's a slight increase of risk in induction but if labour is progressing normally it wouldn't happen. Also with careful titration of oxytocin it can be avoided. For me, advantages of induction are
1. Contraction is more intense and as such faster labour all things being equal.
2. Constant monitoring on d part of d medical personnel and can dictate when something is amiss
3. Reduced risk of postparum haemorrhage
The disadvantages:
1. They burst membrane first so if it doesn't progress wel, dats emergency CS for u
2. Labour can be so so very intense
3.there could be increased risk of distress for d baby is it becomes prolonged
4. Increased risk of uterine rupture if not well titrated.
NB: induction is more favourable to 2nd time mums than FTM.
Sorry for d long post.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Iyawotuntun, lovely BS! So poetic. It can only be God. Safe delivery to the remaining July mamas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
Mum Ekene @ Liftedhands thanks for the response, I was induced and later delivered after about 6 hours, I wasn't monitored or checked during the process, some hospitals ehn in this our country ,may God keep protecting us.I had to tell Dh to call them so they can check me after like 6hours.n the nurse said I was 7 cm,by the time the nurse checked me i was bleeding of which I don't if its even normal?? I keep thinking may be the placenta got detached?? I was given episotomy and my LO came out,no cry n was almost not breathing.Who knows, may be the induction did the havoc
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
tyconcepts:

Is there any law against the bolded tongue

You no gree give son of man jajana so na to change course to bweastmilk ... Kikikikikikikikiki

DH try o even me no gree taste my own breast milk and papa Mofe no even try am at all smiley

My sister, the thing surprise me jare. I dey fear to express milk now, before dh go drink am leave Hansel

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumgb: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Gud day mamas in the house, pls av got an issue, my glucose level has been high, nd av been said to have gesyational Diabetes, pls does anyone has a first hand experience, i dnt take sugary things, thanks. Pls Help with info cos ryt nw am disturbed. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Teegali:
Ma'am temmy2103,pls can enlighten me on the ctg scan?
It was a 20mins process, lie on a bed n 2 belts will be wrapped around ur belly plus heartbeat monitor attached to it to check the fetal heartbeat as d belt slightly vibrates ur belly. Will also be given a button to press each time u feel ur baby's movement

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2016
mumgb:
Gud day mamas in the house, pls av got an issue, my glucose level has been high, nd av been said to have gesyational Diabetes, pls does anyone has a first hand experience, i dnt take sugary things, thanks. Pls Help with info cos ryt nw am disturbed. Thanks
whats your weight, it was said to be common with women of high weight,i had it too but mine wasn't so high,i really didn't do anything about it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
tyconcepts:

Cobwebs shocked

Someone plz pour me water *****fainted****

*pours her a drum of water* is it OK or should I bring hose?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.