Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8133334 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
Gud evening lovly mamas and papas in the house, tanks to everyone keeping the thread alive and fun, still v lots and lots of pages to read oh embarassed

Waddling mamas the lord is ur strenght,it will surely end in praise,

Vigilanty mamas,God is our muscle

my ATC sisters ur testimonies is here and we wil rejoice with u all soonest IJN Amen

Newbies u ar welcom and H n H nine months to u all,

Shout out to my july teamies,how is our los,
my captain @ mitchyy welcome to Warri even though i be JJC for warri, enjoy ur stay,

LOVE U ALL

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
My cute prince charming
Baby elochukwu Alex @ 4 weeks

kiss kiss

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sexymum1 elochukwu is a cutie kiss

Dexterush thanks mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello Mamas,

Pls I have a question o.

When exactly is one supposed to stop taking folic acid during pregnancy, or do you continue till u put to bed?

cc; Zaynie , LiftedHands , feddy27 all other mamas

Thanks smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
helovesme:

Personally, I prefer electric. In 5-6 minutes, everything is sterilised.

I do not like the way sterilising tablets/liquid smell. I also do not like the way they leave bottles, et al "slimy".

Really?

I have never had that problem. What brand did you use?

Ijelex see below for initial reviews done on sterilizers.

AlphaHandMaiden:

For bottles i use medela with the calma teat (which i use with BM or the premixed liquid formula) and advent with the normal teat( for powder formular). My baby is not picky but i know different people have different experiences and some babies accept some teats more than others.

For sterilizers, most bottle manufactures will have their versions and your options are:

Electric sterilizers which are just a fancy version of steamer or pot of boiling water sterilizing. It will have a timer and let you know when bottles are ready. Dependent on electricity though, so if nepa show you pepper you are screwed, alternative is to pop the items into a boiling pot of water and boil for 5 mins.... but who gat time for this? Except you are supper organised.

Microwave sterilizer- essentially a bowl with a water holder and vent. Zap for 3 mins and let cool for 2 mins and voila! Bottles ready. Dependent on electricity as well. I personally would like to cut my baby's exposure to microwaved items especially plastics, so its not my prefered method but for other people there is absolutely no issue with it.

Cold water sterilizer in either tablet or liquid to add to it. Milton is a very popular brand of both types.

Most microwave sterilizers also double as cold water sterilizers..... this is what i use.
Pros: you only need to change the solution every 24 hours. Items only need to be in it for 15 mins. Not dependent on electricity. You can leave the items in the solution and take out when you need it however be mindful of silicone products. I leave it for min. 15 mins and take them out to air dry a bit before using.

Cons: slight smell of chlorine, but it doesnt affect baby in any way. After a while you get used to it.
Only leave silicone items for the stipulated time as the solution willl discolour it - take note for silicone teats. Most will come in a 5L capacity. If you are bottle feeding full time this is fine, however if like me baby was EBF for 6 months and only takes a bottle or so of formular per day now.....that is a lot of water to be wasting.

Modification: if in naija, ensure you get your sterilizer tablets/liquid from a reputable source! i.e. its not fake! As you could be exposing your child to more harm than Good

However, Milton does a travel sized sterilizer which is only 1.25L and you only need to use a 1/4 of the tablet. So i am just finishing my first pack of sterilizer tablets. This has worked well for me.

helovesme:

I use avent bottles (7 bottles) and avent 3 in 1 steam steriliser. (Pictures attached)

In addition to these seven bottles, the steriliser is large enough to accommodate a baby's feeding bowls, spoons, sippy cup, et al once they move to solids.

It's also pretty quick as it sterilises in 5-6 minutes and it works using a standard generator in nigeria. I have used it every single day for the past 11months and it has proven to be durable.

Personally, I'm not a fan of sterilising tablets and fluids. Even when I travel - whether long or short trips, I pack the steriliser with me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=Liftedhands post=48370590]Sexymum1 elochukwu is a cutie kiss

Tanx Nne Ekene,we wnt to be lik Ekene Bobo wen we grow up @Liftedhand

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
mitchyy:
Imagine! I'm having a wound breakdown again. The middle of my incision has opened up and the sore is red.

Please, experienced mamas and mamas that have undergone a CS, what do you think could be the cause of this?
I clean it regularly with cotton wool and spirit, i dont do anything strenuous, and i took all my meds.

I'm far away from my hospital, else i would have gone der asap.
Mitchy sorry dear. I haven't had a CS before but the fact that your wound is breaking down means u hv to report back to the hospital. maybe they need to re-stitch?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexymum1: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=Liftedhands post=48370590]Sexymum1 elochukwu is a cutie kiss

Tanx Nne Ekene,we wnt to be lik Ekene Bobo wen we grow up @Liftedhands

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fvine: 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
Thanks so much. @ Sixx and Giddyperson.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
enque:
Hello Mamas,

Pls I have a question o.

When exactly is one supposed to stop taking folic acid during pregnancy, or do you continue till u put to bed?

cc; Zay.nie , LiftedH.ands , fedd.y27 all other mamas

Thanks smiley
You can stop whenever you like as long as you've gone past the first trimester.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
Thanks Ma

Liftedhands:
You can stop whenever you like as long as you've gone past the first trimester.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
tippex:
Hello Mama's,

Today was my 33weeks appointment and I can't even explain how grateful I am to God for bringing me this far. Everything went well at my appointment and the pains from the degenerating fibroid has greatly reduced to the glory of God.

How are my fellow September mama's doing? I am really trusting God that my baby doesn't cross over to October cos my Edd is Borderline.

Wish everyone a smooth and safe delivery.

Congrats on Ur being 33weeks, am following u bumper to bumper, ll be 33wks on Fri. Am not bothered about crossing to Oct, I seriously believe my baby is going to arrive in September. Nevertheless God's time is the best and he ll surely see us thru.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phelgmatic: 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
mitchyy:
Imagine! I'm having a wound breakdown again. The middle of my incision has opened up and the sore is red.
Sorry momma. It is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fvine you will never know how you will react to it till you actually eat it undecided ƙjust like pineapples not everyone is affected by it.

I did eat abacha a whole lot when I was Preggy dunno if it was made with potash or ngor and I didn't react to it but the little pineapple I took in second Trimi had me bleeding! While we have mamas her that ate pineapple and nothing happened.

Body differs but I'm doubtful the quantity used may cause harm unless you are super sensitive to potash and the only way to find out (unfortunately) is to try it lipsrsealed

But abeg i take God name beg you no use our special and long awaited baby do this kind experiment o shocked
Tell that craving to go and die! grin
*Wink wink*

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tippex(f): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2016
Blessedmum:

Congrats on Ur being 33weeks, am following u bumper to bumper, ll be 33wks on Fri. Am not bothered about crossing to Oct, I seriously believe my baby is going to arrive in September. Nevertheless God's time is the best and he ll surely see us thru.

Thanks blessedmum. I have finally found a birth buddie grin

I join my faith with yours that sept will not pass us by.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phelgmatic: 9:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
sexymum1:
My cute prince charming Baby elochukwu Alex @ 4 weeks
Your baby is fresh and cute. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mitchyy sorry dear keep the site dry and allow air touch it. I'm just wondering what could cause the breakdown as you are not on the big side could be the type of sutures used undecided was it the dissolvable or the one they remove?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
enque:
Thanks Ma

You are welcome. However it is advised to continue on your prenatal till delivery, how do you intend to separate the folic acid from the rest of your prenatals as they are all combined?? That's if you intend stopping the folic before delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
tippex:

Thanks blessedmum. I have finally found a birth buddie grin

I join my faith with yours that sept will not pass us by.
Yes o...no porting , u welcome sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mummytee:
my dear, i dey far to lagos but our E-clique go stronger wella grin

Congratz folamee,wish u a H&H 9month
kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
helovesme:
Thanks dear, the info was helpful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mspat sorry for your loss. May God comfort you and your family in every side.
Congrats and welcome to itssettled3 and other mamas that got their bfp. I wish You all a successful nine months IJN, Amen
Present o @ mama zaynie. Representing teamFeb2017. Other team mates please show face o. I have been battling morning sickness but I believe it will soon phase out. Welcome our team captain lara4sure.
Other mamas, I hail una o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
mitchyy:

Please, experienced mamas and mamas that have undergone a CS, what do you think could be the cause of this?
I clean it regularly with cotton wool and spirit, i dont do anything strenuous, and i took all my meds.

I'm far away from my hospital, else i would have gone der asap.

You are not supposed to clean with the site with spirit oh.

Just shower and pat the area dry gently.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
enque:
Hello Mamas,

Pls I have a question o.

cc; Zaynie , LiftedHands , feddy27 all other mamas

Thanks smiley
Why do you want to stop folic acid?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by midesquare: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
@enque, ur folic acide goes hand in hand wf ferrous and bco pls dont stop or better still u buy pregnacare dats just one perday.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Really?

Ijelex see below for initial reviews done on sterilisers

Can't remember the brand to be honest but it was what I experienced with my niece. It put me off sterilising solutions/tablets and I decided that for me, it's a no-no.

Not sure if "slimy" is the right word. "Soapy" or "slippery" maybe.

And then the smell. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fabmum(f): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fvine:
My Igbo sisters, please is Abacha safe in Pregnancy? Just wondering. Thanks.

It's safe if u prepare it ursef without adding potash
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
mitchyy:
Imagine! I'm having a wound breakdown again. The middle of my incision has opened up and the sore

Mama Hansel sorry for what you are going through. I once had such experience when I did appendicectomy some years back. All the disolvable stitches that were used to suture the inner layers of my skin refused to dissolve. My wound broke down after about 3wks and the stitches were coming out one after the other. I reported back to the hospital immediately and after some reviews, the doctor advised that I wait it out and continue cleaning. He however said that it do happen to some people due to some reasons and in my own case, my skin type is the culprit. He also called it 'stitch rejection' bla bla bla. I did as he advised and the wound healed on it's own after all those disolvable stitches came out.
So I will advice that you review with your doctor and maybe wait it out. It will definitely heal. Hugs and kisses. HTH.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
Liftedhands:
When I was in secondary school, our male seniors use to come and disturb the girls in my class a lot, one day our principal gave each and every one of us a whistle and asked us to blow it as loud as we can whenever they harass or intimidate us. Each time they come we will all blow our whistles simultaneously and scream THEY HAVE COME AGAIN O you will see them scamper off like demons

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just spotted one of such "senior" up there.
Parable of the sower.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
feddy27:

Now get back to secondary school and resume your grammar lessons !

How dare you spam this thread with your rubbish post!!!!!!

Stay away from this thread and NEVER return!!!!!
Last warning cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by portable4real: 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Really?

Ijelex see below for initial reviews done on sterilizers.

I think avent is better,,,.my first elder sister used it for all his 4 children and is still intact. it is spacious as well. my second sis that bought tomee tippe regret it oo... maybe because she has once came to baby sit with my oda sis and saw dat d work of avent is diff. As for me oo. ,,, I dey sit down jejeli for mama zaynie golden chair for my sister to transfer the avent to me. As she closes boot for baby me I just start d business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.