Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8159637 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
simplebukky:
My Birth Story:
According to first Scan, due date was Aug 23 cos I was not sure of lmp. Last scan done on the, 19th of August was August 25.
No sign on Aug 23 except for the normal Brackson hicks, by wednesday in the Evening, I went to the market with my husband, cooked and went to bed.
I woke up around 2.am cos I was having on and off contraction that didn't go away despite changing position and drinking water, I went to ease my self, when I got back , I saw clear mucus on the bed, I cleaned up and try to time it and discovered the contractions were 8 minutes apart, my husband was now like, let us go to the hospital, I told him its not yet time that he should go and sleep. I could not sleep again so I went to clean and arrange my kitchen and doing other stuffs till We left for the hospital around 5.30 am.
I told the nurse on duty what I was going through and she checked and said I was 3 cm and I got admitted, did all the neccesary test but instead of contraction to increase, it reduced to 4 in an hour. I walked around but it was like that till around 9 pm in the Evening.
We had concluded with the nurses that I will be induced the following morning when Doctors are around and I even told my husband to go home so I can prepare Myself mentality for the induction pain due to experience I had with my first Baby.
But God had a different plan for me, around 10 pm, I noticed I was contracting every 10 minutes, I monitored Myself till 11pm and then went to tell the nurse to check me which she did, She said I was 4cm and progressing. I said Thank God and went back to my Bed to pray, I then picked my Bible and went outside so as not to disturb others, I started walking around and praying in between contractions.
I vomitted around 00.45 am and then went to wake the nurse to check again and this time, I was 7 cm dilated and she transferred me to the labour ward.
I managed the pains all through by breathing through my mouth till I was fully dilated and I could not control the urge to push. I was almost pushing my Baby out with poo when the midwife gave me a slap not to push till I was moved to the delivery room, immediately I was positioned, I didn't wait to be instructed before pushing my Princess out at exactly 2.42 am on the 26th of August weighing 3.4kg without tear and the placenta came out immediately.
She swallowed fluid and was taken to the nursery for observation but was released some hours later that she is okay. I thank God for a smooth delivery without any form of intervention cos I have been praying to experience it.
My husband was so surprised when I called Him around, 3.30 am that I had delivered.
I pray for everyone that God will make the people on duty on Your day of delivery to favour U and work with U becos it helps a lot too. Despite the fact that no one was with me, they were the ones that moved my stuffs and help with all I needed till my husband arrived around 5am. Proudly Team August 2016.

Congrats my dear....and a very gigantic Amen to your prayers....Thank God for safest delivery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMessi(f): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
@Simplebukky, what a wonderful Bs, may your lo be a source of joy to your family, a big Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen to your prayers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
PresVA:
Hi, I think I'm in a good position to encourage you. ..
I recently got a good job with my pregnancy. . Did all the five stages of the recruitment process with my bump(I was btw 20-28weeks during the processes)...
Like you, I was somewhat shy and apprehensive but my husband encouraged me.. we prepared for the interview together. . Considering my pregnancy, I knew I needed an outstanding performance to convince the HRs/managers to hire me and so I really did prepare well..

My dear, just prepare well.. if they see the value in you,
pregnancy won't prevent their hiring you, afterall you won't be pregnant forever and pregnancy isn't a disability. . Be explicit about your skills, achievements and experiences, let them know you will add value to their organisation as that's wht every company wants... You're going for a marketing position, give examples of how you've achieved good sales in your previous job(s)...

Above all, pray.. God has a way of doing things. .

So dear, please rock your bump wella.. pregnancy isn't a disease or something to be ashamed of. ..
I wish you the best kiss kiss

What a mighty God we serve...I am happy for you dear..I now regret why I didn't attend the interviews I was scheduled for during my 2nd trimester,I was just scared that as a pregnant woman I may not be taken..Where do you work now?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stephmiracle: 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
FruitfulRay:
Good day all, am new here and your posts are really beautiful, am not yet pregnant but I believe am conceiving this month. Being married for almost two years now and my prayer Is that i will be pregnant before our second anniversary which is in November. I need as many people as possible to say amen and agree with me.

God bless you all
Amen dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Congrats liftedhands on your sis safe delivery,may God bless and keep the baby safe.Congrats to all new mummys may all your babies always bring you joy and unending happiness.amen.
In another news,how i wish scan can just tell me am carrying tripplets,let me just rest after this.
TeamApril,hope we are all doing great? Some of us just registered and disappeared why na?
folamee(how are you),
Unic1(weldone with your toddler arnt easy),
giddyperson(able captain),
Ladivva(i always see u),
Moskidarl(hope i get the name right? believe you are good)
Ahnie(how is miss Zino),
hmmmm,who else?pls dont be annoyed if i didnt mention you now,will do next time. I wish all the september mamas safe deliveries,it shall be a september to remberer for good for you all.
Dont want to forget, madam ozycy and all other wey born more than two, you try o may you reap the fruit of your labour on all your kids. Abeg teach me how you take do am,is it that pregnancy turns easy as children plenty ni,hmmm,my MIL born 7,yeepa!!!

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Abeg im worried, is quinine injection safe in first trimester? Have being having dis constant headache everynight and went to see my gynea. He did scan and i measured 11weeks which was accurate with baby active and he said the other sac was closing already(was pregnant with twins but one did not make it}. He asked me to do malaria test and it was 1+ so he asked me to take quinine injection, i did and went back to work.

When i got home i noticed blood stain on my pant, i called him and he said i should just rest and relax that its most likely from the second sac, Im on bed rest but im worried sick O cry undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
tyconcepts:
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Its my birthday....... 007 (Mrs Bond)

Can I get a birthday mate plzzzzzzzzzzz?

=======================================

This time last year I was HEAVILY pregnant and elephant walking......Now I have a 'beautiful' SUN (President Mofe) who will be 1year in a month kiss kiss. I have too many things to be grateful for, especially the things I didn't even pray for by God did them anyway.

#StrictlyThanksgiving
#GodBlessThe7thSign
#BirthdayAttitude
happy birthday,many more good years to come
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Congratz liftedhands,God bless her

Simplebukky and odas,wat a wonderful birthstory you all got,Am learning seriously.Congratz Once again.

Feddy27,Alphandmaiden,fittymum thankz mamas for enlighten us about Epidural.. pple around me are just feeding me wit the negative side.i tire undecided!!

Jazzyjaz how are you?hope honeymoon don start,Enjoy dear kiss

#Teamdecforsupernaturaldelivery#

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hapi bai dai Oooo, wish u the very best of ur new age +llnp. Mbok I need cake Oooo. As 4 baidai mate, I wish......I cud Chuk my hand n bring out my Lo today.... Lol, it is well oooo

tyconcepts:
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

This time last year I was HEAVILY pregnant and elephant walking......Now I have a 'beautiful' SUN (President Mofe) who will be 1year in a month kiss kiss. I have too many things to be grateful for, especially the things I didn't even pray for by God did them anyway.

#StrictlyThanksgiving
#GodBlessThe7thSign
#BirthdayAttitude
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
olatebony:
Awww thanks oo @iomoge2
Dnt worry my company go pay u 4 d advert and lil Zoey will get something from me in your next order. Thanks ma

grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
ozycy:

Feed him with his heaviest meal (not pap cos pap is light, unless the pap will act as a top up after his meal) let him eat very very well , maybe it's even hunger that's waking him.

Don't feed him too early, if you go to bed around 9-10pm, you can feed him around that time.

Hope his room is well ventilated, let him be very comfortable while sleeping. When he wakes up, try giving him enough water to drink instead of viju or cheese ball and see if he will sleep back.

thanks ma for the respond
i usually feed him early around 7:30, then i give him a warm bath after 8 he is already asleep.

mayb dats d reason he wakes up at night, so i will stop feeding him early to c if he will change.

we sleep together and the room is well ventilated .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
@olamitie, God is ur strength. Worry not, it will only add more by increasing ur BP.
Be on the bed rest and observe it strictly.
Let me mention tchiwinnie and soonest to explain better.
Be positive and keep ur faith alive.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joomie: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
My Delivery Story

This is going to be unusual. It is my D.D's birth story and not mine. For me, it is a story of my deliverance by the Almighty God.
The God that watches my back all the time.
I got married to my NYSC Divinely arranged heartthrob on 5th Dec 2015 and by 25th (Christmas day) which was also supposed to be my day 1 period for that month, I was holding a positive pregnancy test strip.
I was happy and as well overwhelmed by different emotions, I had only been married for 20 days. The God that answers prayers
DH and I told MIL and my mum and they were happy, my mum was overjoyed. None of them told me what to expect. the first time I felt d effect of relaxin, it felt as if I was bumped into a wall.
Weeks rolled by and the ninth month arrived. All through ANC , I never had any health issues. I give God all the glory for that.
Used two bottles of Pronatal before switching to normal routine drugs(not diligently though) and vegs.
At d start of the pregnancy, I calculated my EDD based on my LMP which was 25th Nov 2015, taking into cognizance my 30 days cycle length and the EDD fell on 2nd September.
First scan at 22 weeks gave EDD as 29th Aug, Second scan at 37 weeks gave EDD as 31st Aug with 3.0kg.
DH was always praying for LO and conversing with her while in the womb but would always refer to her as 'my son' cos up till the time she was born, we chose not to believe scan dat said XX. She even recognized and could differentiate between DH's touch and mine while in the womb.
All through the pregnancy, I was very confident that about the delivery till 38 weeks that I suddenly burst into tears on seeing my DH. I don't know where the fear came from. I suddenly became scared. DH prayed for me but did I feel any better? I can't tell

29th Aug was my first EDD and also my ANC. Doctor said that was the day he would work with and that if by the following Monday I had not seen any show, I should come to d hospital with my baby thing for admission and induction at the prenatal ward. I was scared particularly of a case of failed induction. I wasn't happy. I told everyone on getting home and DH told me not to worry since my three dates were all in the week that baby will come before Monday.

Wed 31st Aug came and passed again, nothing. I was becoming aggravated. I told DH, "tell ur baby to come out so I can have my life back, I'm tired". He smiled and whispered to my bump, "Baby, you are coming out this week."

On Thursday morning, MIL told me to go on compulsory long walk, which I did with my umbrella in hand cos of d weather. I got back feeing extremely tired. I just went to sleep. In the evening after a dinner of beans and custard with DH, I I was tired and DH asked me what was happening, I told him I was just tired so he followed me into the room and me both laid on d bed while my mum watched us.
Me: Tell your baby to come out oo, talk into its small ears.
DH smiled and tried to change the topic wen I felt something drop in my vagina, I was still for two minutes before getting up suddenly. I pulled my pant down and DH just shouted water.
That was around past 10pm in d night. He went out with his brother and came with a cab. I wasnt feeling any pain and I chatted all the way to the hospital but I could sense the tension in the air.

On getting to the hospital, I was check by a nurse who claimed 7-8cm, I was happy but another one checked and said noo it's 2 cm. one of my prayers during the pregnancy was that all my birth attendants will work in the perfect will of God. Another nurse came in and said I had meconium stain already. They asked how long ago I started draining water and I explained that I came to the hospital as soon as it started. by now the water was gushing out. . I was transferred to d bed and contractions set in. they were 5 mins apart and lasted 1 min. Arnd 3am, on 2nd Sept, the contractions were getting unbearable and were now 3mins apart. I was checked and was just 3cm. that was when d devil wanted to raise its head; Fetal Heart rate started going down from 140 to 130.Two doctors came at around 6am and the senior one said that there was no more liquor. They kept asking how long I had been draining water and i kept insisting that i came as soon as it started. The FH kept dropping at each check. I was placed on drip with an instruction for critical augmentation within the next one hour, Low threshold for C.S.
I asked the duty nurse what was to come and she explained that it would be more painful and more spontaneous as she set up d drip, I rushed to the toilet and cried my eyes out. I was already nearing my pain limit, how was I supposed to bear that.
I got back to the bed and on seeing the waiting nurse and d already set drip, I ran back to d toilet again
Nurse: where are you going again
Me: I want to go and vomit.
I got there, put my hand in my throat, nothing came out.
I jejely pack my sef and settled on d bed for d inevitable.
Fast forward to when the morning duty nurses took over at about 8am , FH was checked and it had dropped to 126, that was wen I was gathered to the favour room.
I was placed on oxygen and the oxytocin dose were increased at intervals. They already prepared the resuscitation table for the baby cos of d dropping heart rate. I feared the worst.
Around 9:30am, I started having the urge to push and they were like don't push oo.
We were two in d labour room, d other lady started pushing and pooing and I was begging the nurses that I want to poo too but was ignored.
The matron came in and checked me. then she said push with the next contraction. I did but was told dat I was only shouting. I pushed again and saw the matron standing steady with her scissors.
matron: u are wasting contractions, oya push.
Me: I'm not feeling contractions
At my next push, she gave me a cut.
The other lady beside me delivered her baby at 10:15 and on seeing her baby, I gathered all the strength within me and pushed out my princess who came out all at once head and body 3.5kg @10:20am.
She was screaming so loud that tears of joy were just streaming down my face.
The devil was put to shame and there was no need to use d resuscitation table.
The matron pulled out d placenta and shouted. The cord had two knots on it which was responsible for the FH that kept going down. I appreciate the King of Kings, Oba oloruko ajila to gbamila lowo iku ojiji.
Thank God that I didn't wait till morning before going to the hospital.

It has been five days of exhaustion but the pure love takes the pain all away. Do I want my old life back? No way, life is much sweeter with a caring DH by my side and a cheeky sucky chubby princess in our arms.
cc: Sugah Delivery Story submitted.
@Team September, the plan of the enemy will always fail over our lives and that of all pregnant mamas on this thread.
ATC mamas, start thanking God because he has started delivering your babies into your arms in multiple folds.

68 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumjb(f): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
[quote author=feddy27 post=49130393]Liftedhands and mumjb, for your toddlers try and reduce tv time. Let dem do more of outdoor games; riding bike, playing football, playing wit sand and toys. you will notice dey will get exhausted and start napping in the afternoon. My son naps twice; morning around 9-10am and afternoon around 2-3pm.

For night sleep, give dem warm baths, massage their bodies gently, turn off the light and let the room be quiet. when my son wakes at night, I give him either pediasure drink, tea or warm toddler milk. Once he's done drinking, put off the lights again, hold him close and he will sleep.

Please stop giving viju milk and cheese balls smiley instead give him his regular baby milk.

Try these, let's see if it works

thanks ma
my toddler naps in the afternoon.

for night sleep i do the listed, give him warm bath, we sleep together so we dont sleep with light and the room is always quiet .

i will stop giving him viju and cheese balls and switch to baby milk.

i hope he change soon.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funmz(f): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2016

57 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moyingirl: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ijelex:
Good morning mamas.I went for scan yesterday and this is the report.
A single viable active fortius sorry fetus in cephalic presentation,longitudinal lie.Fetal cardiac activity and body/limb movement is actively noted.FHR=140Bpm.Plancenta is anterior,towards upper uterine segment,normal in thickness and echotexture of grade 0 maturation.
Liquor volume is adequate. Os is closed.No gross visceral anomaly.No uterine myoma.
MATURITY
BPD=46.7mm,corresponding tob20weeks 5days
FL=31.6mm,corresponding to 20weeks3days
EDD19/01/17
AC=190mm
EFW=0.56kg

my worry is the Abdominal circumference being large for the gestational age I have a feeling the fetal weight is small.
My joy is that GENDER IS XY after 2 princesses and numerous lecture from people on natural sex selection.This can only be God.
please mamas torchlight my matter.
Cc soonest,rofemi,alphahandmaiden,mitchy and all sabi mamas.

Congrats @XY,will like to know how you did your natural sex selection.It seems the one I did for this my second pregnancy failed me

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dp
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zheemub(f): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
God is good all the time.
We praise God Almighty for the daily deliveries in the month of September. May He put a smile on the remaining mamas and other teams too. Amin
Were la ma gbo. A gbo ohun it's ati Omo ( We shall hear the good voice of both mother and Lo) Insha Allah..
Congrats joomie and fumz

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folash: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
cherrymum1:
@folash, oya see bump o....went to dig this one out for u.
In a few months time u will be Captain of bumpy Tuesday and Team Captain
Awwww mummy Lammy of life.....oya chop knuckle. Thank u o jere..... Amen and Amen!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
tyconcepts:
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

#StrictlyThanksgiving
#GodBlessThe7thSign
#BirthdayAttitude

HBD 2u ma'am. Wishing u a fruitful years ahead!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olaoyekemi(f): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
funmz:
Alert! Alert!! Alert!!! GOD has smiled on me. I'm a mother to a healthy baby boy born at 37 weeks weighing exactly 3kg, yesterday 6th of September. My Shalom is the most peaceful baby ever just as his name implies. GOD has restored me and healed my badly broken heart after a loss at 42 weeks in 2014. My heart is soooo full of gratitude and happiness. I pray for all Atc mums,especially those who have lost a child that soonest,you will testify to GOD's goodness. I wish my fellow team september mums and other preggy mums a safe delivery. May G0Ð bless us all, Amen.
Congrats my Edd buddy.may God bless ur son.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
Moyingirl:

Congrats @XY,will like to know how you did your natural sex selection.It seems the one I did for this my second pregnancy failed me

My dear I never did,I underwent laparatomy 2nd DEC 2015 after I conceived with clomid and hsg shot as a result of me not ovulating natural.God indeed saved my life and also my left tube as I was bleeding into my stomach for almost a week.
Fast forward to early this year,my hormonal profile show serious hormonal imbalance,likely PCOS.I made up my mind not to take drugs again and wholly depended on God. The once I bought I threw them away.I prayed and fasted and miraculously I found out I was pregnant in may.Me DAT isn't sure if I ovulate,how do I do sex selection.
God is perfect dearie,believe in him and testify next

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
Joomie:
My Delivery Story

This is going to be unusual. It is my D.D's birth story and not mine. For me, it is a story of my deliverance by the Almighty God.
The God that watches my back all the time.
I got married to my NYSC Divinely arranged heartthrob on 5th Dec 2015 and by 25th (Christmas day) which was also supposed to be my day 1 period for that month, I was holding a positive pregnancy test strip.
I was happy and as well overwhelmed by different emotions, I had only been married for 20 days. The God that answers prayers
DH and I told MIL and my mum and they were happy, my mum was overjoyed. None of them told me what to expect. the first time I felt d effect of relaxin, it felt as if I was bumped into a wall.
Weeks rolled by and the ninth month arrived. All through ANC , I never had any health issues. I give God all the glory for that.
Used two bottles of Pronatal before switching to normal routine drugs(not diligently though) and vegs.
At d start of the pregnancy, I calculated my EDD based on my LMP which was 25th Nov 2015, taking into cognizance my 30 days cycle length and the EDD fell on 2nd September.
First scan at 22 weeks gave EDD as 29th Aug, Second scan at 37 weeks gave EDD as 31st Aug with 3.0kg.
DH was always praying for LO and conversing with her while in the womb but would always refer to her as 'my son' cos up till the time she was born, we chose not to believe scan dat said XX. She even recognized and could differentiate between DH's touch and mine while in the womb.
All through the pregnancy, I was very confident that about the delivery till 38 weeks that I suddenly burst into tears on seeing my DH. I don't know where the fear came from. I suddenly became scared. DH prayed for me but did I feel any better? I can't tell

29th Aug was my first EDD and also my ANC. Doctor said that was the day he would work with and that if by the following Monday I had not seen any show, I should come to d hospital with my baby thing for admission and induction at the prenatal ward. I was scared particularly of a case of failed induction. I wasn't happy. I told everyone on getting home and DH told me not to worry since my three dates were all in the week that baby will come before Monday.

Wed 31st Aug came and passed again, nothing. I was becoming aggravated. I told DH, "tell ur baby to come out so I can have my life back, I'm tired". He smiled and whispered to my bump, "Baby, you are coming out this week."

On Thursday morning, MIL told me to go on compulsory long walk, which I did with my umbrella in hand cos of d weather. I got back feeing extremely tired. I just went to sleep. In the evening after a dinner of beans and custard with DH, I I was tired and DH asked me what was happening, I told him I was just tired so he followed me into the room and me both laid on d bed while my mum watched us.
Me: Tell your baby to come out oo, talk into its small ears.
DH smiled and tried to change the topic wen I felt something drop in my vagina, I was still for two minutes before getting up suddenly. I pulled my pant down and DH just shouted water.
That was around past 10pm in d night. He went out with his brother and came with a cab. I wasnt feeling any pain and I chatted all the way to the hospital but I could sense the tension in the air.

On getting to the hospital, I was check by a nurse who claimed 7-8cm, I was happy but another one checked and said noo it's 2 cm. one of my prayers during the pregnancy was that all my birth attendants will work in the perfect will of God. Another nurse came in and said I had meconium stain already. They asked how long ago I started draining water and I explained that I came to the hospital as soon as it started. by now the water was gushing out. . I was transferred to d bed and contractions set in. they were 5 mins apart and lasted 1 min. Arnd 3am, on 2nd Sept, the contractions were getting unbearable and were now 3mins apart. I was checked and was just 3cm. that was when d devil wanted to raise its head; Fetal Heart rate started going down from 140 to 130.Two doctors came at around 6am and the senior one said that there was no more liquor. They kept asking how long I had been draining water and i kept insisting that i came as soon as it started. The FH kept dropping at each check. I was placed on drip with an instruction for critical augmentation within the next one hour, Low threshold for C.S.
I asked the duty nurse what was to come and she explained that it would be more painful and more spontaneous as she set up d drip, I rushed to the toilet and cried my eyes out. I was already nearing my pain limit, how was I supposed to bear that.
I got back to the bed and on seeing the waiting nurse and d already set drip, I ran back to d toilet again
Nurse: where are you going again
Me: I want to go and vomit.
I got there, put my hand in my throat, nothing came out.
I jejely pack my sef and settled on d bed for d inevitable.
Fast forward to when the morning duty nurses took over at about 8am , FH was checked and it had dropped to 126, that was wen I was gathered to the favour room.
I was placed on oxygen and the oxytocin dose were increased at intervals. They already prepared the resuscitation table for the baby cos of d dropping heart rate. I feared the worst.
Around 9:30am, I started having the urge to push and they were like don't push oo.
We were two in d labour room, d other lady started pushing and pooing and I was begging the nurses that I want to poo too but was ignored.
The matron came in and checked me. then she said push with the next contraction. I did but was told dat I was only shouting. I pushed again and saw the matron standing steady with her scissors.
matron: u are wasting contractions, oya push.
Me: I'm not feeling contractions
At my next push, she gave me a cut.
The other lady beside me delivered her baby at 10:15 and on seeing her baby, I gathered all the strength within me and pushed out my princess who came out all at once head and body 3.5kg @10:20am.
She was screaming so loud that tears of joy were just streaming down my face.
The devil was put to shame and there was no need to use d resuscitation table.
The matron pulled out d placenta and shouted. The cord had two knots on it which was responsible for the FH that kept going down. I appreciate the King of Kings, Oba oloruko ajila to gbamila lowo iku ojiji.
Thank God that I didn't wait till morning before going to the hospital.

It has been five days of exhaustion but the pure love takes the pain all away. Do I want my old life back? No way, life is much sweeter with a caring DH by my side and a cheeky sucky chubby princess in our arms.
cc: Sugah Delivery Story submitted.
@Team September, the plan of the enemy will always fail over our lives and that of all pregnant mamas on this thread.
ATC mamas, start thanking God because he has started delivering your babies into your arms in multiple folds.

Thank you Jesus!!! Congrats dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Liftedhands:
Birth alert..

To God alone be all the glory my kid sis delivered her baby girl today 7th of September at exactly 3.05am weighing 3.2kg VD.
Baby and mum are doing great! Daddy is ecstatic, grandma has called the whole world already(owambe loading wink)

Meet our princess and heart-throb

Gabriela Morenike Kanyiraluchi

cc sugah
Congrats to your sister, baby is blessed ijn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
eigmaticme:
Congrats to Captain sugar and all September mama who have dropped, God protect your babies.

Abeg make una de pray for me o. I want to be back here soonest.
God ll grant ur heart desire sooner than you expect and you won't fall by the wayside,you ll carry to term and deliver healthy babies ijn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
HerteEnUke26:
my dear, I think we are in the same boat ooo, have been having this on and off tightening since last week, but for two days now, its been intense and painful though at random intervals.
My edd is tomorrow, don't know if I should wait it out or go anyways, but these govt hospitals midwives can sabi yabb cos am not a first timer, no water has broken nor bloody show. Just trying not to fret, I hope sabi mamas can torchlight our matter, it will surely end in praise.
Am also experiencing something similar here, though av never felt the tightening stuff bt am feeling menstrual pain and it's more intense than before.
Sabi mamas plz help a FTM here, how do I time menstrual pain since am not experiencing tightening?
Cc cherrymum1, soonest, liftedhands
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
funmz:
Alert! Alert!! Alert!!! GOD has smiled on me. I'm a mother to a healthy baby boy born at 37 weeks weighing exactly 3kg, yesterday 6th of September. My Shalom is the most peaceful baby ever just as his name implies. GOD has restored me and healed my badly broken heart after a loss at 42 weeks in 2014. My heart is soooo full of gratitude and happiness. I pray for all Atc mums,especially those who have lost a child that soonest,you will testify to GOD's goodness. I wish my fellow team september mums and other preggy mums a safe delivery. May G0Ð bless us all, Amen.

Aahh!! Elohim!!This is a month of praise oo! Thank you Jesus!... Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
olatebony:

Mama pls how do i reach you?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
My birth story:
My EDD from first scan at 11weeks gave me 11th August and Doc gave me 12th August. With each passing day, I looked forward to that date with excitement and fear tho. I was also actually wishing that baby comes before then. ....
From 36 weeks or so I started having lots of braxton hicks. In my mind, I was like my body has started preparing me on time for the real thing! 37 and 38 weeks it started to increase in frequency too. I was sooo happy I will get to meet my Lil one on time. I was so wrong....
Tiredness started setting in. Since the last scan I did at 28 weeks showed baby in breech position, I decided to take another scan to see if baby had positioned well. Yes , he had turned head down .

#39weeks came, nothing apart from increasing waist pain and tiredness.
Sleepless nights increased too. I was restless. How long more was I to drag this big long bump around and be gathering sympathy every where I go ?
I had started my evening walks...I usually came back exhausted but I tried to keep up because I had a target in mind. 40 weeks came and no results. Only swollen feet that made standing and walking a Herculean task...
Went to antenatal for that week, Doc said everything was in order and I should expect my baby any time soon. I went home disappointed kind of . I really wanted to hold my baby .

My body was not also helping issues. Given me signs non-stop. My Braxton hicks intensified. Cramps and stooling too. 41weeks came and nothing happened.
I virtually stormed my Gyn office asking for induction. He said he will start with his procedure. Wrote a pelvic exam and a membrane sweep.
I wrote my experience about that membrane sweep here! Choi ! Invasive procedure. ..that was the beginning of the 'choking hand business ' in my VJay. I was 2cmdilated, 50 percent effaced
2days after the sweep, I lost my mucous plug. I was happy baby will be here that week. A day later, I saw bloody show. All of that and still no Labour!

I then made up my mind for CS. I would be 42weeks in a few days time. Hell no way I would go past 42weeks with an additional day ! Not with all the birth announcements I was hearing everyday. ..

41weeks 5days later was a Tuesday, antenatal day. Went with DH. Bags packed into the car. Immediately it was my turn to see Doc, after exchanging greetings we told him we want our baby today! He laughed and said am too serious. I didn't bulged. I told him the theatre should be prepared. He smiled and said I should give VD a chance. I told him I did but Labour not coming and I don't want a failed induction either. He assured me to give induction a trial that it won't fail. I quickly accepted and wrote for misopristol insertion. He said I should go bring my bags , we said we were with it already. He laughed and then before handing my folder to me to take to delivery suite, he said 'let's strike a deal...no shouting or screaming when you get there'....see me nodding my head like agama lizard...

Immediately I got to delivery suit, was told to change to top and wrapper or bra and wrapper only. I changed immediately. Climbed on the delivery bed and the drugs inserted. This was around 3pm. I came out and was gisting with hubby from then till past 5. Nurses asked if I had eaten. I said no. They told me to eat. I said I wasn't hungry. They reminded me that I will need the strength from food later. I reluctantly told hubby to get me food. He bought rice. Mumsy brought eba. Was just picking on the food sef. Nurses told me to hurry on the food that once the pains start, I won't remember that food again. I didnt understand sha. I still managed to finish the rice and was still gisting with hubby. I grabbed eba And started eating. Around 6.30pm. It was as if someone landed a heavy slap on my pelvis and waist. I didn't realise when my voice gave me away

20 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FruitfulRay(f): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2016
Thanks sis... God bless you
dunasy:

AMEN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FruitfulRay(f): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Thanks sis...Godbless you...

airforcewife:
Fruitfulray Amin, this September is the month of ur BFP, it's going to be sooner than u know..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FruitfulRay(f): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Amen sis, thanks so much, God bless you...

limsycutey:

May the Lord grant you your heart desires, we shall celebrate with you very soon in Jesus name. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.