Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126119 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babylove01: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
feddy27:

Basic things I normally ask is the amniotic fluid level, position of placenta, position of baby, heartbeat count, fetal movement

Thank you for your prompt response.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Topfuncakes166(f): 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
ozycy:

Feed him with his heaviest meal (not pap cos pap is light, unless the pap will act as a top up after his meal) let him eat very very well , maybe it's even hunger that's waking him.
Don't feed him too early, if you go to bed around 9-10pm, you can feed him around that time.
Hope his room is well ventilated, let him be very comfortable while sleeping. When he wakes up, try giving him enough water to drink instead of viju or cheese ball and see if he will sleep back.
. I don't fully agree with feeding him late,the food might not digest well which might cause another gbege

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hallo Mamas,

Sorry to bug everyone this late. Just coming from the hospital as I've been purging since Monday. I was given some drugs (my doctor isn't around so another dr attended to me) and I just want t b sure it's safe to take in 2nd trimester

Flagyl 200mg
Amoxyl 500mg
Imodium

I'm thinking of waiting till tomorrow to start so I can get in touch wt my Dr later 2moro.

In the meantime, any response will b appreciated. Thanks

Cc soonest realdentist liftedhands and all other mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
enque:
Hallo Mamas,

Sorry to bug everyone this late. Just coming from the hospital as I've been purging since Monday. I was given some drugs (my doctor isn't around so another dr else attended to me) and I just want t b sure it's safe to take in 2nd trimester

Flagyl 200mg
Amoxyl 500mg
Imodium

I'm thinking of waiting till tomorrow to start so I can get in touch wt my Dr later 2moro.

Cc soo.nest realdentis.t liftedha.nds and all other mamas.
I took flagyl and imodium in second trimester the only one that I felt affected me was flagyl! I didn't feel my lo move well when I took it and I stopped and didn't finish the dosage! Imodium helped with my running stomach, no idea about the amoxyl.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
babylove01:
Good evening mamas, please I'd be going for my 36th week scan next week and would like to know what to ask the sonologist seeing that most of our naija pple can be funny at times. Any information would be appreciated. TIA
Cc feddy27, onegai, alphahandmaiden, mitchyy and all sabi mamas pls answer me.

He will look at the baby’s heart, check the size and take measurements, check the baby's position, weight, movements and check for any complications.

At the scan, he will also measure the amount of amniotic fluid, check the placenta position and maturity, check your baby's wellbeing and circulation.

He should also assess how a previous caesarean scar appears if you've had a csection before.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
Thanks ma for your patronage

iomoge2:

grin grin grin

My order is stearing at me here o.
Hubby just collected it.
On my way home n peeping inside.
So happy.... will givr a full review when i get home n check with our list wink wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dadsonval(f): 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
@ MamaOO congrats
@Floy2k, don't commit that pls, d Lord is ur strength.
@ mummyife, i wish u safe delivery IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Thanks Ma

Liftedhands:
I took flagyl and imodium in second trimester the only one that I felt affected me was flagyl! I didn't feel my lo move well when I took it and I stopped and didn't finish the dosage! Imodium helped with my running stomach, no idea about the amoxyl.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
enque:
Hallo Mamas,

Sorry to bug everyone this late. Just coming from the hospital as I've been purging since Monday. I was given some drugs (my doctor isn't around so another dr attended to me) and I just want t b sure it's safe to take in 2nd trimester

Flagyl 200mg
Amoxyl 500mg
Imodium

Cc soonest realdentist liftedhands and all other mamas.
flagyl has not been proven to have any negative effects on the growing baby. my gynae prescribed it for me in first trimester because of some vagin.al discharge I was having. I ended up not taking it though because of ms. just used vagin.al tablets

for d amoxyl, one school of thought says it shd only b given when benefit of taking it outweighs risk of not taking it. another sch of thought says it is safe. I agree with the latter. I've seen several pregnant women take it without any adverse effects.

I really am not sure about imodium.

but reconfirming all these with ur doctor will be in order
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyife(f): 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dadsonval:
@ Ma..maOO congrats @Floy..2k, don't commit that pls, d Lord is ur strength. @ mummyife, i wish u safe delivery IJN
Amen... thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 12:46am On Sep 07, 2016
MamaOO, congrats on the arrival of your baby!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 1:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Besea:
Iomoge2, we are fine o also measuring two weeks ahead by scan. I've been battling malaria but I went to the hospital today and I feel much bera.

My 31 weeks bump

Pele dear.... see ya small bump.... kikikiki.
My own is like moutain o.

Lemme show u.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 1:09am On Sep 07, 2016
Mamaoo.... congratulations dearie.... wink grin

Lemme run to converter 2 see the weight in kg wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 1:11am On Sep 07, 2016
The Lord is your strenght ma. We r doing gr8 too
raptor2:

My Dear mama. We are doing good . Just vigilant and mum as gone back to come when I want to resume. How are you doing? and the Little princess.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 1:14am On Sep 07, 2016
olatebony:
Thanks ma for your patronage

Me i yam happy o
Everything was spot o.

Thanks so much.
Hubby wants me to even get more things.... he is the skeptical one while am d risk taker... when he saw the stuffs he was like dis your online stuff sef...lol
As i be aliexpress master shopper. Lol

Now he wants more... this is someone that was shouting dont buy yet... or just buy small. Lol.

Thanks mama. Am so greatful.

Ps.
If u r not shopping 4m Olatebony u r on a long thing... grin grin...

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 1:22am On Sep 07, 2016
Aww Captain wa, d Lord is ur strenght ma. Please take care of Hansel. I understand how frustrating dealing with blocked nose is especially in small babies.
Plus biz is boomin o but wu am I to make my captain my cashier? Na CEO fit you o
mitchyy:

I'm right here o. Omugwo just ended yesterday and i'm all alone now. Plus Hansel has blocked nose and i'm doing my best to relieve him of the discomfort and also juggle house chores plus business together.

How are your babies? Business is booming o. Can i be your cashier? grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 1:28am On Sep 07, 2016
Awww thanks oo @iomoge2
Dnt worry my company go pay u 4 d advert and lil Zoey will get something from me in your next order. Thanks ma

iomoge2:

Me i yam happy o
Everything was spot o.

Thanks so much.
Hubby wants me to even get more things.... he is the skeptical one while am d risk taker... when he saw the stuffs he was like dis your online stuff sef...lol
As i be aliexpress master shopper. Lol

Now he wants more... this is someone that was shouting dont buy yet... or just buy small. Lol.

Thanks mama. Am so greatful.

Ps.
If u r not shopping 4m Olatebony u r on a long thing... grin grin...

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 1:29am On Sep 07, 2016
mydeporch:

Boy and EDD is 30th November

Welcome once again.
Lemme update now.

Mama Zaynie is not here to colkect dues undecided undecided undecided

Cherrymum1... come n bring ya seat o n collect dues... grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 1:32am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello house....
New Member alert.
Mydeporch kiss
Lets welcome her....

001.Besea ------------------ XX 9
002. Bolseas ---------------Pending
003. Deyoola ---------------Pending 13
004. Ebony13 --------------XY & XX Oct18 grin
005. Florena ----------------XY 4
006. Godmother -------- XX 4
007. Iomoge2 ------------- XX 2
008. Jumayin ------------- XY 15
009. Jummy004 ----------Pending 17
010. LadyMessi --------- XX17
011. Missade ------------- XX 5
012. Mydeporch ------- XY 30
013. Oshey01 ------------- XX 22
014. Phummy1821 ---- XY 16
015. PrincessKF --------- XY 2
016. Princesskiki ------- XY 14
017. Pweetyface ---------Pending
018. Rejoice02 ----------- XX 1
019. Roseval ---------------Pending
020. Sweetrie --------------Pending
021. Temmygal25 -------Pending
022. Twogreatnations -- XX XX 7
023. XX01 ------------------- XY 20
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mitchydiva: 2:46am On Sep 07, 2016
I greet una.Thank u all for ur prayers and mentions, it's been a blessing to a member of this wonderful family.
My bs
I was advice by the doctor to go for an induction at 38 weeks because of previous still birth at 39 weeks.
I went in on the 20th of August for cervical ripening with prostaglandin gel.I was monitored throughout the night for possible contraction and baby's heartbeat but no contractions.
Dr came in at 9 am in the morning did a vagina examination and it was jst 2 cm.He den said he will break the waters and den put me on oxytocin drip.
The drip pain no b small I was bearing the pain but all my strategy finished. The midwife suggested an epidural but I was scared of using it at this early stage because of possible delay as ppl always say.
I waited to b checked by 2pm to know if I will still need the epidural or not.
By 2pm midwife said I was still 2 cm na there my head scarter for Wetin na.Dh said is better we call the anaesthetics because the journey still far o.
The only good thing was dat the midwife said the cervix was quite soft and I was having strong contractions.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mitchydiva: 2:57am On Sep 07, 2016
Bs continue
I was given the epidural and dat Was the end of pain.No more pain like magic although I was feeling the contractions but not painful.
At a time the had to reduce the drip because the contractions where too frequent and strong.
By 4pm doctor came in and ask if I was feeling heavy down my viginia I said yes, he said he might need to check me because he had another lady that was going to push in 40 minutes time so we would not be needing him at the same time.
Na so I open leg see baby head already.
God did it for me easily I didn't need to much pushing in 5 minutes my princess came weighing 3.2kg. I pray for easy and painless delivery for the remaining Sept mamas too.my technology sisters God will surprise u soonest in jesus name.Sorry for the long boring story.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Congrats to the mama's that have offloaded o. May God bless your los.

I don land for obodo Dubai o.
Make una no mind me abeg na jjc de worry me grin

I for say make I put my bump today but the kind sleep where de worry me no de description

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 3:53am On Sep 07, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Congrats to the mama's that have offloaded o. May God bless your los.

I don land for obodo Dubai o.
Make una no mind me abeg na jjc de worry me grin

I for say make I put my bump today but the kind sleep where de worry me no de description

Congrats babe and enjoy ur stay smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 4:24am On Sep 07, 2016
@mydeporch, welcome to this great thread and the team of Hebrew women (team November).
Siddon and balance well with all ya bumbum o. But take it easy sha o because plenty people go still use the chair, before u siddon oya snap small pishure with paparazzi on d red carpet....
As for dues...u gaz to wait for the Accountant general Zaynie o, I nor want make she gimme side eye..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 4:31am On Sep 07, 2016
@folash, oya see bump o....went to dig this one out for u.
In a few months time u will be Captain of bumpy Tuesday and Team Captain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:49am On Sep 07, 2016
Birth alert..

To God alone be all the glory my kid sis delivered her baby girl today 7th of September at exactly 3.05am weighing 3.2kg VD.
Baby and mum are doing great! Daddy is ecstatic, grandma has called the whole world already(owambe loading wink)

Meet our princess and heart-throb

Gabriela Morenike Kanyiraluchi

cc sugah

41 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 4:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Favouredmom:
@ AlphaHandMaiden and feddy27, thanks for explaining epidural. I've been considering it but someone discouraged me saying you won't know when to push which can cause tears because you might not feel pains and it's only for the weak women. She's not a health professional, just a mother of two. She also said FTMs shouldn't use it, that's why I was a bit confused as to its advantages but now that you explained, I'm beginning to change my mind. It's an option my doctor has given me. The back ache resulting from side effects, how severe can it be?
by God's grace I didn't have backache. It's not like everyone must have backache or headache

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 4:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Liftedhands:
Birth alert..

To God alone be all the glory my kid sis delivered her baby girl today 7th of September at exactly 3.05am weighing 3.2kg VD.
Baby and mum are doing great! Daddy is ecstatic, grandma has called the whole world already(owambe loading wink)

cc sugah
awwwww congratulations to her.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 4:54am On Sep 07, 2016
feddy27:

Teamie good to hear from you! Epidural is bae kiss It is the sweetest thing after jollof rice grin. I used it for my 1st and I'm towing same path again.

If you have the option, please go for it.

In terms of after effects, I didn't have any tho' some pple complain of mild back ache afterwards. It also depends on the expertise of the anaesthesiologist.
Me too I didn't have any.

Aswear epidural is bae. God bless the inventor

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 4:55am On Sep 07, 2016
feddy27:
#ThreadBumpies#TeamOctober#

I managed to take this snapshot.

Bump at 36wks

*catch my toddler by the side grin *mummy's handbag* He goes everywhere wit me
so cute OMG.. Awwwwww Ilike
Ur son is adorable... He's even smiling... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 5:12am On Sep 07, 2016
Liftedhands awwww she's so adorable. Congrats!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ifecotech22 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.