Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8182113 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ganjababe:
I want to relate my Birth Story to everyone and serve as a source of inspiration to all preggy mamas. Please I need motivation to continue o
Receive motivation!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
BammyCreations:
Make money, Eat healthy, and be fulfilled....

Learn How To Make:
Cakes
Doughnuts
Chin Chin
Meat-pie
Sausage
Cookies
Puff puff
Bonz
Egg roll

So eating all these things is eating healthy abi? Kwantinu

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ganjababe: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
First, let me clear some stereotypes;
1. There can be no such thing as Morning sickness during pregnancy
2. One can give birth on EDD (course I did)
3. You can have your desired post baby bod with little or no stress.
Now to my lovely story.
Pregnancy was a walk-in-the-park for me (Glory be to God ), not a day of sickness. No vomiting, no dizziness, bump didn't show till I was 7 months gone, there were days I was tired though but I was really active in pregnancy. My colleagues at work always made me look like a Boss (i won't lie, I was cool like that). DH didn't even feel like an expecting Dad (the guy had so much fun). The only complications in pregnancy was maybe Heartburn which was not frequent.
EDD was April 27 as at First scan and LMP (it was the same date given on both ends)

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
prettmum:
ok dear, una get food for there. thumb up
food dey but e cost embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
nennynj:

VBAC is much easier if a woman gave a space of more than 2yrs b4 conceiving another child. By this complication is highly reduced. Anything less than is a 50 50 chance. the woman may still try to give birth virginally but she shld not insist cos previous sutures may burst.
The bolded are the key words. Just have an open mind that things may go either way and listen to ur doc. it rill end in praise.
cc mydreams25
deyoola

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ganjababe:
I want to relate my Birth Story to everyone and serve as a source of inspiration to all preggy mamas. Please I need motivation to continue o
ganja us dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Since all your doctor's have said the best is for you to have CS and ur dh has even agreed to it, pls don't wait and say u must try Vaginal delivery!!! The doctors know why they mentioned CS. Please follow their advice. I wish you a safe delivery

deyoola:
@mydreams25, am having similar issue with yours now.though my own was not CS.
During my TTC days I did myometomy ( fibroid surgery) in 2012 ,and I got pregnant early did year. I register for ante- natal in diff 3 hospital cz that's d 3 hospital I was using during my TTC days( that's 3 hospital story is for another days)

At the government hospital that I registrar,I only see Dr once cz don't really have much complain,its d mid wives that will do most things for us @ ante natal days,its those that has complain that will see the Dr cz of crowd BT if you can have the patience one can wait o BT the crowds i can't stand it since I don't have any special complain,same thing @ the private hospital that I use.

Bt my mind just told me last week Monday to see Dr on Tuesday which was my clinic day just to complain abt my leg cramps for him, only for him to tell me that am almost due and am carrying a big baby (2.86kg @ 35wks) that since they have work on my uterous before he will not advice me to go for Virginal delivery ,that I should opt for elective CS ,nd guy sharply pick date for me o, that that is the best option for me BT if I want virginal delivery I can try it.fear grip me I rush to one matron office who is my mum friend to tell her she said same thing.
On thursday ,I went to the private hospital for ante natal and see the Dr too BT didn't tell him what d other Dr told me o,only for him to said the same thing and he was d one that operate before for the fibroid with some other Dr in his hospital.

I only discus it with my hubby and he accept one time, BT me wish to try VD,stil feeling somehow abt it BT this story we you give shake my mind o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
U go fear fear na... grin grin grin

realdentist:

So eating all these things is eating healthy abi? Kwantinu

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
madam iomoge2, we no see ya brake light o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ganjababe: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lest I forget, I ate Watermelon to a fault during pregnancy (i swear by its benefits). And I kpesus-ed a lot, I was always running after DH. My libido was hyper during pregnancy*hehehe*.
Now to my Birth story (1)
I commenced my maternity leave a week before my EDD. My doctor told me abt likely signs of Labour and to come to the hospital only when I feel heavy contractions.
The day before I delivered, I still ate Suya and watched football till 11pm(DH forced me to retire to bed). By 2am, I was feeling uncomfortable but tried sleeping back. fast forward to 3am, same thing and then I knew sumtn was wrong. I decided to go to the toilet and that was when I noticed blood stains on my pant (whew, I was surprised and happy at the same time, baby is on the way). decided to chill till morning.By 5am, I woke DH up and told him I was in labour (the guy just slept back, he tot I was joking). By then, I was having menstrual-like cramps but still very manageable. By 6.30, woke DH up and told him that am serious and needs him to rub my back.
Na so DH work start ooo. he was just rubbing my back and we were packing hospital bag (me and him are one unserious bunch ). By then, DH was alert and telling me to take my bath as we prepared to go to the hospital. we finally left for the hospital by 8am. I was still walking majestically, DH was just smiling. our little bundle is on the way.............

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nggie(f): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
prettmum:

waoh, I stay close to teaching Hospital. I will ask of Dr Ekanem team but have you heard of Dr Alex too in teaching hospital? waoh Happy to see you calabar mama's here. please you know of any good private hospital?
no dear haven't heard of Dr. Alex. Faith foundation is along Marian off old ikang road. Heard they r quite pricy sha. All d best!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
Deyoola with a previous myomectomy you are at risk of a uterine rupture if you go into labour. Not to scare you but with a uterine rupture your best case is death of child, worse case is death of both mother and child.

I'm not sure if your doctors took time out to explain to you why they said CS.
If you had multiple fibroids taken out of the uterus it means that the uterus wall was touched in different places. During labour (even before you start pushing), the contraction can cause one of the several stitches to rupture.
But if you had just a single mass taken out then vaginal delivery can be achieved.

Your doctor has your surgery notes and has told you its CS. So please listen to him.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by asagal(f): 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
Loisemm:

You no carry last o shocked cool
6 months after you dropped ur first, you started another missionary journey. Permit me to ask, did you TTC cos na we TTC mamas dey like this style.
Abeg, wait small, make I rub body with you to receive this anointingwink
Congrats! You shall have joy and peace in this journey.

Amen dear.
No i ws neva TTC i need to born sharp sharp mk i rest 4a while b4 anoda pikin wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
Welcome to the thread and have a fruitful pregnancy @ asagal, Mzleemah, and Ganjababe.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
feddy27:

You know our announcements are bumper to bumper grin

Stay glued for more this week!

How are you doing? Vigilante has started abi tongue Enjoy ur free time now o
cheesy heheheeee, I know. We need the Birth alerts & stories like yesterday. So am glued.

smiley We good! I never born o. My Treasure's still seriously baking well.
I be team January! Just trying to put my acts together before xmas paroles take over.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
What matters most at the end is mother and baby alive and healthy. It doesn't matter the means through which you gave birth. Mind you, people will always have something to talk whether vb or cs. I believe that your doctor knows your history and have your best at heart so walk closely with him.
CC mydreams25
deyoola

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
Welcome Asagal, Mzleemah & Ganjababe.
May you all enjoy your pregnancy days & have a smooth delivery when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
bolseas:
grin she dey very close to labour. Zoe is making her grand entrance soon wink

She wants to ginger her team mates by opening the floor cheesy

Team November, hope you guys have started doing Press-up & jogging ni.
Safest delivery!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
asagal:

Amen dear.
No i ws neva TTC i need to born sharp sharp mk i rest 4a while b4 anoda pikin wink

cheesy Like say na Mercy Johnson's style all of us wan do.
Am also January mama seriously eyeing that May 2018 for 2nd missionary journey. Sharp sharp & face another angle jari lipsrsealed wink cheesy

I'll be borrowing a leaf from you & checking how it's going from time to time so I can make up my mind o.

Enjoy your ride to motherhood for the second time Dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
ozycy:

Happy birthday son. GOD's grace always
Amen, thanks dear. baby convulsed yesterday, not a funny sight. I pray God makes his healing perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by asagal(f): 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Purity77:

cheesy Like say na Mercy Johnson's style all of us wan do.
Am also January mama seriously eyeing that May 2018 for 2nd missionary journey. Sharp sharp & face another angle jari lipsrsealed wink cheesy

I'll be borrowing a leaf from you & checking how it's going from time to time so I can make up my mind o.

Enjoy your ride to motherhood for the second time Dear.

Thnku my sister.
lol @ Mercy Johnson style.
wsh u a sweet ride as wel.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
Purity77:

grin she dey very close to labour. Zoe is making her grand entrance soon wink

She wants to ginger her team mates by opening the floor cheesy

Team November, hope you guys have started doing Press-up & jogging ni.
Safest delivery!

Lol.... Zoe wants November to.come.early ni? She Wants to open the dance floor for.November babies.

God will make it easy for us all.

Yes o... We don start our sit ups and press ups....

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by deyoola(f): 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
@ sugah, he explain everything to me same as your own explanation.thanks so much dear.I got no option then.thanks for the encouragement
Jazzyjazz
realdensit
enque
Amjane
And all other mama that put mouth for my matter, thanks you all
The most important is safe delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
Afternoon my e-friends....
I miss you people O ooo.....it's not easy taking care of a baby ooo. I miss my pregnancy days ooo. All you preggers enjoy while it's last......it's actually the easier part o!

I hail all my August 2016 mamas ooo.....how is it like for you people O? Hope you are adjusting well....God strengthen us ALL.

Congratulations to All mama's that have put to birth.
Safe delivery to ALl October mothers. ....

Too many pages can't read back. Make una dey mention me for una birth stories na....abeg. so that whenever I come here I can feed my eyes...

Iomoge2 haff you born?
feddy27...haff you born?
Enkaydewdrop. ..I miss you ooo. How is baby J?
Liftedhands Mummy Senior Ekene, how is handsome?
Our able accountant, madam Zaynie i hail oo

Special thanks to hajarahbadmus
She has been specially supportive when I had lactation difficulties ..I can't thank her enough. There has been much improvement now.

Let's keep the thread running. ...

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
JUMAYIN:
o Thank God, u are here, been having a lot in mind like its like our cappo is in d labour room...kikikiiiiiiiikiii

Zoe and her numerous edd.
Lol.

Na twist n turn of my inside she dey now.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
MIL says its contraction.
Says constant movt is.
I doubt sha....

Na mucor or water or cramps go make me believe... lol

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ganjababe: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
Birth Story 2
We got to the hospital at 8.45am and was given routine checks. After which I proceeded to one of the rooms, na there me and DH dey, I was just telling him to keep rubbing my back. My Doc checked me and said I was just 3cm
For my mind, I was like "no be early labour be this? Choi". i was just staring and managing the pains. At 10am, I was visiting the toilet countless times, trying to vomit, couldn't sleep properly on the hospital bed allocated to me. DH was just telling me sorry. By 11, I cud feel sumtn down below and I told DH to call the Doc. the Doc no gree come said I cudnt have gotten to the stage of delivering. that was how I marched to his office to beg him to come and check me.
Alas, when he did, I was like 8-9 cm, he could feel the baby's head. They all started running to prepare me for labour. U guys won't bliv that all these while, not even a scream or tear came from me. I was toooooo calm. The doc was even afraid cos he was thinking maybe I was running mad "hahahaha"
The doctor kept talking to me to keep me in focus and told me he wud tell me to push in some minutes. He told me to push and I pushed just twice.
To the Glory of God, our adorable princess came out at exactly 11.45, the placenta followed immediately. I had a tear though. the whole process didn't take more than 15mins. I even asked the Doctor "Is that all?" cos I was waiting for that "sharp indescribable pain" people talk about. I had a supernatural delivery. (Doctor that initially said I would not give birth till evening). Our adorable princess weighed 3.3kg and she is the most beautiful baby we have ever seen (she's cute for dayyssss). I even had the strength to ping and call pple barely 5 minutes after I was cleaned up. treated myself to a meal of soft Amala and ewedu.
We give God all the glory. Baby is currently 5 months and doing beautifully well. Allah decided to bless me, me that always had dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation). see me delivering with ease.....Alhamdulilahi.
Points to note:
1. Eat enough fruits, try to have regular sex and exercise as much as you can (Pls don't overdo it oooo) U guys won't bliv me and DH had sex before going to the hospital (i guess it helped too)
2. Try to read up about childbirth and always ask questions (One doctor almost booked me for CS in my 38th week, claiming that Baby's heart rate was too high). I refused blatantly, because I had read sumwhr that wot we eat especially sugar makes babies hyperactive.
3. Pray for a supernatural delivery. God answered my prayers.
4. Pain is actually a thing of the mind. We ladies are a strong specie (don't mind me, guess I was just lucky?
I pray for supernatural delivery to all preggy mamas. TTC women will hear good news before end of the month.
I drop my golden pen here.....thank you all for contributing to this forum. I never missed a day when I was preggy and still visit daily.
To dear DH, if all pregnancies were like this, I would stop only when I get to 8 kids (tongue out)

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
bolseas:
i kukuma dey o.

Just waiting everyday... but still working sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Afternoon my e-friends....
I miss you people O ooo.....

Iomoge2 haff you born?
feddy27...haff you born?
Enkaydewdrop. ..I miss you ooo. How is baby J?
Liftedhands Mummy Senior Ekene, how is handsome?
Our able accountant, madam Zaynie i hail oo

Special thanks to hajarahbadmus
She has been specially supportive when I had lactation difficulties ..I can't thank her enough. There has been much improvement now.

Let's keep the thread running. ...

Am still waddling o.
Kikikikikikiki.
Mighty waddling.

E bi like i wan collect the crown of queen of bumps from you o.
Lol

Dem dey beg me to stop work... i no gree.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
deyoola:
@mydreams25, am having similar issue with yours now.though my own was not CS.
During my TTC days I did myometomy ( fibroid surgery) in 2012 ,and I got pregnant early did year. I register for ante- natal in diff 3 hospital cz that's d 3 hospital I was using during my TTC days( that's 3 hospital story is for another days)

At the government hospital that I registrar,I only see Dr once cz don't really have much complain,its d mid wives that will do most things for us @ ante natal days,its those that has complain that will see the Dr cz of crowd BT if you can have the patience one can wait o BT the crowds i can't stand it since I don't have any special complain,same thing @ the private hospital that I use.

Bt my mind just told me last week Monday to see Dr on Tuesday which was my clinic day just to complain abt my leg cramps for him, only for him to tell me that am almost due and am carrying a big baby (2.86kg @ 35wks) that since they have work on my uterous before he will not advice me to go for Virginal delivery ,that I should opt for elective CS ,nd guy sharply pick date for me o, that that is the best option for me BT if I want virginal delivery I can try it.fear grip me I rush to one matron office who is my mum friend to tell her she said same thing.
On thursday ,I went to the private hospital for ante natal and see the Dr too BT didn't tell him what d other Dr told me o,only for him to said the same thing and he was d one that operate before for the fibroid with some other Dr in his hospital.

I only discus it with my hubby and he accept one time, BT me wish to try VD,stil feeling somehow abt it BT this story we you give shake my mind o.

You know there is no medal for vaginal birth!
There is no prize!
No gold! No silver, no bronze. You wont even get kpanda, sawdust or wooden spoon.
No millions of naira given to you as well.

If they say na nose them wan take commot the baby, please comply!

If God wants you to have your baby vaginally, dont worry, you will go into labour before your cs date and things will progress so rapidly that before doctor say.. "get the theatre ready"..... baby don show!

All we want is you alive, baby alive daddy dancing awilo with joy!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
Abeg sabi mamas, how can I control dizziness/fainting? I can't stand under the sun without feeling dizzying and sweating na so my eye go dey turn. Abeg dont read and pass. Make una helep me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello mamas.. Please what are the fruits my wife can be taking in the first trimester and fruits to avoid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TwinBlessings: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
Good afternoon my dear e-sisters.
Am so happy to finally be in your midst.
Cos AM PREGNANT.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) (2443) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.