Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8148576 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pweetymii: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2016
@Twogreatnations welcome to your princesses may they continue to give u unending joy.
Congrats to all maamas that have given birth.To the waddling ones,the Lord is your muscle and he will see you through to the end with easy peasy delivery.Mother alive,baby alive strong and healthy,father rejoicing with plenty owo and singing tastimony...
@Bellaella,u just got to have a hold on your self.In this life,people will always talk it now depends on how u allow their talk get to u.U do EBF they will say baby not look like who dey breastfeed exclusively,u feed with Nan1,they will still talk.Life is not competition your baby will grow at his own pace don't mind them just do your thing as a mother this phase will soon pass u hear.oya take peck..
@all i remain my loyal self dey twale for una..

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2016
Twogreatnations:
BIRTH ALERT,

My princesses made their entrance yesterday at 10:00am. BS later please, vigilante is reeeeal!

Thanks to everyone on this beautiful thread.
Congrats sweety, i remember wen u made ur bfp announcement n d twins announcement. God is faithful n will keep our lovely princesses. IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:01am On Nov 08, 2016
Sorry mama. It is well with you. Don't worry, your babies will soon show

But this ya rant make me laff small this morning

Oya chop kiss
kiss kiss kiss

Favouredmom:
Rant time

@ twogreatnations please come and tell me how you did it that your twins made it that far till almost 40 weeks. If no one has told you yet, you are a super mom!

Team Dec for Supernatural Delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2016
Favouredmom:
Rant time

Team Dec for Supernatural Delivery
rant all u want darling.. its healthy.
pregnancy is day by day... step by step.
december is arounder d corner.. good luck darling

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2016
Twogreatnations:
BIRTH ALERT,

My princesses made their entrance yesterday at 10:00am. BS later please, vigilante is reeeeal!
congratulations dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 8:29am On Nov 08, 2016
BellaElla:
There are so many things I wish I had known about motherhood before I became a mother. Perhaps I wouldn't have been so depressed right now.

I wish I had known that breastfeeding is so hard.
I thought that once I put to bed, milk would keep gushing.
I wish I knew that people would judge me so harshly because I introduced NAN to my son at 2 weeks because my milk production was too low, perhaps I would have lied that I was o EBF
I wish I had known that people would openly compare my son's weight to theirs at his age and tell me he isn't looking fresh and chubby cos am not on EBF. My son's birth weight is 2.9kg. He is 4 weeks old, pls is he supposed to be a giant?
I wish I had known that your in-laws think they can love your baby more than you and take better care of him than you can. Maybe I wouldn't have been feeling this cold rage at my DH right now for trying convince me to go back to EBF, when he was the one that pressured me into giving formula in the first place. Of course in laws can never be wrong
I wish I knew that childbirth would scar my body so bad, I always thought that the love I feel for my son would make me welcome a the wrinkles, fat and stretch marks. That is not my case. I feel terrible when I look at my pre pregnancy pics.
Mamas pls would man son become a drooling slowpoke because he is on formula
How do i increase an almost non existent milk supply. Breast pump isn't helping.
Mamas not on Ebf pls come out and say something. Tell me how you dealt with all these...

Cc feddy27, zaynie, helovesme, alphahandmaiden

what of women that cant breastfeed because of their status.
what of women that didnt produce milk at all
what of babies that dont even wanna latch on
what of women who go into coma after delivery
what of women who are on admission and cant breastfeed

no matter how nice and sweet inlaws are , u have to learn to stand up for urself and speak out loud. dont suffer in silence.

when my son was born, he refused to latch and when he manages to do it will b so painful. mind u the lactational consultant was d one trying to make him latch on... she saw d frustration and adviced i get breast pump and use and he took from d bottle well. at d hospital they already started formular... inshort my hubby didnt want me to stress myself. so we combined formular and breastmilk (d little i cld initially get out) . eventually i started hyper lactating.

for breastpump and this also goes to imoge2.. i did it wrongly and the wonderful lactational consultant called to ask how i was doing and practically lectured me on breastpumping
1. sit confortably
2. have water beside u... keep drinking while u pump
3. pump as frequently as possible.. like every 2 -3 hrs
4. dont b discouraged... a drop is encouraging .. keep pumping
5. it will eventually increase

so abeg dont worry urself.
no one loves ur baby like u... follow ur heart.. do what is right... above all enjoy motherhood.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarbuns(f): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2016
@Favouredmom the end is near and it shall end in praise.
Please rant as much as you want you've earned the right, I'm carrying a singleton and I feel like I'll go crazy but I'm taking it one day at a time.
Sometimes I feel like the big bad wolf that had Little Red Riding Hood in his tummy because the movement no be here.

@BellaElla I've been thinking about stretch marks myself, scaring myself that my body will not be as fresh as it used to be but I have realized a truth that over 90% of mothers will have stretchies, add weight etc. It depends on how you choose to see it. A lady in my office gave birth 5 months ago and she was massive, she already had a massive bum so we were all expecting she would be shapeless. When she resumed I had to pick my jaw off the floor she looked amazing. She hit the gym 6 weeks after delivery and didn't stop and she ended up becoming slimmer than she was before pregnancy. So snap out of it baby it will all pass soon.

#teamdecember...

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2016
Twogreatnations:
BIRTH ALERT,

A big congrats to u. may they remain a blessing to Ur family. take good care of them ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2016
jazzyjazz:
As the appetite no want return, I try to augment with fruits and nuts

kikikikiki Na waooooo. I beg u for call meooo. I beg I need dem fruits... have a nice day jor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2016
Thank you firsttymum.
Seems my flow has increased... not sure sha.

Bellaella, biko dont beat yourself.
Mayb cos am naturally stubborn n my inlaws know. They didnt stress me.
Infact my mil said she starts lactating at 7days...
Me i think mine is 14days.... lol

My DD started Nan1 from day 1 when i was still sleeping after surgery.... i came into my room from surgery ward n saw her eating. cheesy.

2weeks ebf... u tried....
U can still do it if u want.
Once i start lactating well i will do ebf.... grin grin grin after dd has finished 3tinz of nan. Lol

For stretchmarks... if i show u my tommy ehn u will say thank u Jesus for yours. Mine is not just marks... mine is tiger claws.... painful, hard....as in..... i snapped it n wanted to cry.... lol. But hay.... Motherhood over anything. Am already thinking of next baby sef. Lol.
Your marks can never b like mine.
And i dont beat myself.
Holding my baby is enough consolation.
i ttc-ed n nothing can steal my joy.

I was just fustrated with the bm n my mum told me i didnt even suck more than 2 months....
Dont beat yourself.
Carry your son n b happy.
Many pipz are praying to even have a missed period or even a miscarriage to prove that they are fertile.

Wen i hear bad comments, i ignore the person n hug my daughter closer... n plant kisses on her cheeks n d person will be left feeling stupid. Lol
The other day at the health center i tried bfeeding n my girl sucked a bit n started crying. I carry my bobbi inside n brought out food.
One over sabi woman wanted to beat me saying your child is still hungry.... give her breast.... i no even do like a human being was talking.... wetin concern me.
Na my mama answer her say.....cant u see she tried Lol.

People wanna love ur child more than u. Ko possible.
Just do ur best.

For weight i have lost 6kg from my pre pregnancy weight o.
Dunno y.
Everyone says i stress myself too much.
So i think u can get busy..... dont worry.
U will still look fab. Sebi its u dat wore white 4 ur bday dat day here.... ahn han... u r pretty woman na.
Everything is proportionate.
Just get post partum belt n ensure ur tommy is down.
Every other tin will fall in place.

24 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2016
roseval:
Congrats to all the mama's that has put to birth, up till now no sign of Labour o. Am I alone the last time I went for antenatal I was told that baby has engaged, wat is happening?

with God, all things are good. let Ur mind be at peace. it is all well. enjoy the best of today.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2016
roseval:
dis one pass calm down o, I dance, trek, run self my baby just dey dance inside jumping up nd down.

hahahaha that's good. keep it up. my ear soon open for your birth story ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2016
enque:
Favouredmom, Pele cappo!

Infact we officially release u to team November if need be. Una Wey de carry twins de try o....(to think that I prayed for twins grin)

Honestly eh! I'm counting days now....the heat I feel is unbearable, AC no de cure am at all plus I have catarrh that is about to celebrate 2weeks birthday on top my nose (tired of taking anything jare, so I don accept am
like dt). My baby is just having fun and rotating positions in my tommy, but has refused to turn head (see me Google-ing 'how to encourage babies to turn head down' grin)

My mat leave starts Dec, but my colleagues at work don tire to de ask me when I go born cos my belle don big gan. I just tell them that They'll hear from me soon grin grin

Make I no too talk jare, it will end in praise for us all

#TeamDecemberForSupernaturalDelivery

The baby dey take e time prepare im tins for the journey. Na so Lil Proudy take e time. it's normal. may God see you through.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2016
You are a natural encourager momma, God bless you for this, take care of yourself, Zoey and Baba Zoey well jare... Chop kiss

iomoge2:
Thank you firsttymum.
Seems my flow has increased... not sure sha.

Bellaella, biko dont beat yourself.
Mayb cos am naturally stubborn n my inlaws know. They didnt stress me.
Infact my mil said she starts lactating at 7days...
Me i think mine is 14days.... lol

My DD started Nan1 from day 1 when i was still sleeping after surgery.... i came into my room from surgery ward n saw her eating. cheesy.

2weeks ebf... u tried....
U can still do it if u want.
Once i start lactating well i will do ebf.... grin grin grin after dd has finished 3tinz of nan. Lol

For stretchmarks... if i show u my tommy ehn u will say thank u Jesus for yours. Mine is not just marks... mine is tiger claws.... painful, hard....as in..... i snapped it n wanted to cry.... lol. But hay.... Motherhood over anything. Am already thinking of next baby sef. Lol.
Your marks can never b like mine.
And i dont beat myself.
Holding my baby is enough consolation.
i ttc-ed n nothing can steal my joy.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 11:13am On Nov 08, 2016
BellaElla, please nobody can love your baby more than you. Na u know wetin u take ur eye and body see when u wan born am. Most of the people who talk do outrageous things to/with their babies behind closed doors, some of them are already feeding pap sef. Just do what is best for baby. My own baby dat is 4 days old people are already saying that she is smaller than her brother at birth, me I'm like "na my small size". No time.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kwentjules: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2016
MY BS <br>
Contraction started on 29oct by 11pm... I endured all nite cos it wasn&apos;t continuous. Den in d morning by 6am 30 Oct, it became continuous, 5min apart... I told my DH, we now headed to d hospital. On getting to d hospital I was checked and I was 2cm dilated.. due to d contraction was continuous I was asked NT  to leave again dat I can give birth at any time. Dat was wen I started stairs climbing hoping dat latest by 8 pm I for done born but for where?.. dey checked me again by 8 pm i was 3pm dilated... i felt like fainting. Ontop d pain just 3cm?... ok. All through d nite I didn&apos;t sleep, contraction was still constant(5mins apart)... in d morning I told d nurse to check me, she did I was still in d 5cm... fast forward to 2pm, dey checked me I was still in d same place (5cm dilated)... doctor now said dey have to use drip on me. I neva knew I was abt  to be induced... around 3pm  Dat was wen I started seeing d stars.. d pain was outta dis world..d contraction was now 2mins apart.. I was pulling my hair,  calling on God, their is no name I didn&apos;t call.. dey told my DH to come in Maybe he will console me.... for where?..DH evn tried kissing me, I warned him seriously neva to try dat again, dat it was d outcome of dat kiss dat brought abt d pain.. #lol #

20 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kwentjules: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2016
By  5 pm dey checked me I was  8cm dilated. D nurse now told me dat latest by6:30pm I for done born. Dat am doing well...  6:30 pm no show I was still contracting  and in great pain. I told d nurse dat she is a liar why did she tell  wrong time.. dey checked baby&apos;s heartbeat she was ok...  Dat am doing well. <br>
    It was den dat I started  shouting,  telling dem to call doctor for me ( no be doing well I go chop).. doctor came in I started begging him dat I want to do cs or dey should use epidural on me.. doctor said dey can&apos;t use epidural dat I should have requested for it earlier on so dey make arrangement for an anaesthetic.... he now said he is going outside to make arrangement for the cs ( which I later noticed he didnt)..  fast forward to 8:15pm I started shouting dat I want to poo.. dey told me to poo once I feel like.. so once d contraction started I tried pooing,  d nurse now checked only for her to see my DD head.. called doctor immediately. He told me once contraction start I should push wit all my strenght like someone dat has constipation... <br>

As d contraction started I tried pushing bt I now forgot wat pushing was... I was breathing in instead of pushing.. d doctor started shredding Me telling me dat am d one delaying my baby from coming out.. immediately I heard dat word! It was like a stimulant to me.. as d next contraction started, come see pushing.. My DD came out by 8;40, 31 st of Oct weighing 3. 9kg.. At that moment I saw her, I just couldn&apos;t hold d tears again.. d memory can neva be forgotten. All d pains gone...
I CALL HER #CHIMNECHELUM#MARIE

42 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2016
Thanks Sir, smiley

Prouddad38:

The baby dey take e time prepare im tins for the journey. Na so Lil Proudy take e time. it's normal. may God see you through.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EneJeta: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2016
BellaElla u forced me out of my peeping mode. If u listen to wat people say, comparisons and other things, u go just enter ocean.
My baby is on formula and bm and he is looking healthy and also weighing like his mates on EBF.
Pls take care of baby and stop listening to peoples opinion.
What matter most is a healthy baby.
Keep his bottles neat, sterilize them, wash ur hands b4 preparing his food.
This is from my three months experience.( wud av uploaded my Ds pix but I don't know how to go about it)

Congrats to Iomoge, two great nations, and others. God bless ur treasures

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2016
Congratulations Twogreatnations, ur two great nations have arrived.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
To God be ALL THE GLORY, i announce the birth of my son kiss this morning thru vd. Kai it is well.
Bs coming soonest. Still soooo raw in my memory mehn.
Cc iomoge2 blessedmum feddy27 sugah helovesme onegai mamaoo contem11 zaynie all november mamas and so many i cant mention.

38 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
Congratulations @ Twogreatnations,kwentjules and other mamas who have delivered. May God bless your babies and always keep them safe.

Remaining November mamas, May God grant us all the strength we need by God's grace.

At all the discussions about breastfeeding, am not yet there but thanks for creating the awareness for d rest of us. It is gonna encourage other potential mamas to be strong and go wt d flow whichever way. It's true that We are not a failure because BF is not yet established.

The taste of food in my mouth these days is sometin else. Back to food tasting bland so I got to be careful wen adding salt to food. Am counting down- 22days to go.8days to Cerclage removal and hoping things move faster after. Wishing all Mamas here a safe delivery and healthy babies.

@iomoge. Greetings to you and Zoe. Be strong and keep doing great job wt Zoe. With time everything will fall in place.

Congrats @Hotmomma. God bless your new baby. Rest well and take good care of urself.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolseas(f): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
hotmomma:
To God be ALL THE GLORY, i announce the birth of my son kiss this morning thru vd. Kai it is well.
Cc iomoge2 blessedmum feddy27 sugah helovesme onegai mamaoo contem11 zaynie all november mamas and so many i cant mention.

congratulations mama. God bless your son...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nneka3000: 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Congratulations to all the mamas that have put to bed. May God bless your babies.to all mamas still waddling, it wil end in praise. Healthy mum,healthy baby(ies), happy daddy and plenty money. To all Atc mums, your joy will be full before you know it,keep trusting God,He is to dependable to deceive and to faithful to fail.

Team February for supernatural and pain free delivery grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
hotmomma:
Bs coming soonest. Still soooo raw in my memory

Congrats dear kiss kiss

Your son will bring joy, blessings and testimonies to you and your family in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
BellaElla

Please bear with me. I will respond to your post shortly.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luscioustrish(f): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
BellaElla:

Mama Ayam good o... This motherhood journey ehen! If I start to talk......

Lol..I understand,not easy at all at all
God will make it easy for us
kiss to your baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
hotmomma:
Cc iomo...ge2 blessed...mum fedd...y27 suga...h heloves...me onega...i mam...aoo conte...m11 zayn...ie all november mamas and so many i cant mention.
Wow! A very big congrats to you Sis, welcome to the world son you will be highly favoured among men.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMessi(f): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
*Runs to the room*
*Grabs MIC*

Birth Alert! Birth Alert!! Birth Alert!!!
Mamas join us to celebrate
Our priceless jewel who made her triumphant entry into the world yesterday by 10:pm in a grand style through VD

God bless the remaining November mamas.
Our moto is :Baby alive, mother alive, while dady will be Rejoicing.

May the Almighty who did it to me do it to other waddling mamas.

Bs later

cc: iomoge2

40 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
Today is really a great day so many birth announcement, I rejoice with ur family our latest Iya ibeji @ Twogreatnations their arrival will bring multiple blessings to ur household ijn .

@ LadyMessi congrats on the arrival of your princess she is blessed ijn.

@ iomoge2 I like your spirit jare, nothing beats the joy of motherhood. Plz send my kisses to Zoe.

@ Covenantbabies, where have you been mama? it's been quite a long time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
hotmomma:
contem11 all november mamas and so many i cant mention.
Congrats dear, welcome to another stage of motherhood.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.