Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8196964 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2630) (2631) (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Florena(f): 1:18am On Dec 17, 2016
hunniesuzie:
Hello Mamas, went for antenatal today and baby is presenting breech. I've chosen not to worry, we still have 6 to 8 weeks to turn around.

Apart from that all is well...counting down to February

hello
my baby was also breeched at 28 weeks.
at 32 weeks, he has not moved into position, he flipped at 33 weeks

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by diamond02: 4:24am On Dec 17, 2016
Hello beautiful Mamas, congrats to all who have birthed their los and to the mamas that have gotten their bfp. special greetings to team march mamas, the Lord is ur strength.

I saw this pampers diaper on Jumia at 5790 for 160 pieces, pls i want to know if it is a good product and if the size is ok for newborn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2016
Florena:

hello
my baby was also breeched at 28 weeks.
at 32 weeks, he has not moved into position, he flipped at 33 weeks

Thank you. I'll see what happens at my next appointment
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2016
diamond02:
Hello beautiful Mamas, congrats to all who have birthed their los and to the mamas that have gotten their bfp. special greetings to team march mamas, the Lord is ur strength.

I saw this pampers diaper on Jumia at 5790 for 160 pieces, pls i want to know if it is a good product and if the size is ok for newborn

They don't have size 1? I'm more familiar with huggies cos that's what I bought. And I bought size 1
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2016
diamond02:
Hello beautiful Mamas, congrats to all who have birthed their 0p0los and to the mamas that have gotten their bfp. special greetings to team march mamas, the Lord is ur strength0.

Use size1 instead and the price you just have to compare cos I saw this particular one a pack of 40 for 1500 that's 6000 for 160. And remember that jumia also charges for delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2016
Hello mummy Loisemm happy weekend to you I sight u...wink

plz all maamas is coconut oil same as palmkernal oil that blackish type? for ourside na palmkernal oil babies dey use o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phundek(f): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2016
BlossomedCherry:

plz all maamas is coconut oil same as palmkernal oil that blackish type? for ourside na palmkernal oil babies dey use o.

No,dey r different.coconutoil is different from palmkernel oil.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folamee: 9:20am On Dec 17, 2016
pls can any mama here help me with a good place on the island were I can get variety and nice baby things at fair prices without having to walk around d market
cc all sabi mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Good day mamas
Please which is the best and affordable soap and cream for babies?
I know lots of people use johnsons
But what about pears? Or cussons?

Cc iomoge2, soonest, Realdentist, sixx, beyedew
All sabi mamas
I bought cussons products. I heard johnsons has lots of fake in d market. As 4 pears, no idea.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2016
BlossomedCherry:

No its different, coconut oil is kinda clear but both are safe for baby. I wud prefer coconut oil tho because p/kernel oil stains cloth, wuldnt want dat.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2016
Pls mamas who hv used baby carriers (d one like backpack)or wraps, how efficient was it? because am confused, i want 2 buy it but i just noticed that 4 out of 5 women av seen wit it still used their hands to support dia baby make e no fall. Abi i shud just be using gud old oja to back my baby?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2016
My cappo, as I de like dis be like na cussons or nycil I go buy. Make I no go buy fake Johnsons to avoid stories that touch the soul

How waddling ministry?
U don shop finish?
I was able to shop for all the items on my hospital list yesterday. Today me and dh will go and buy car seat and baby carrier and other items that are remaining on the main list that I have.

I'm still having contractions...but like one or two in a day so I believe lo may be born early.
We are 36weeks today
And according to last scan done few days ago, we are 37+6

Jajaina and rectum heaviness is real mehn!!!
I now walk like a duck!
Appetite still in sambisa forest.
Kpekus ministry has been shut down till after delivery

Still on bed rest, eating, bathing, sleeping, taking my meds, and drinking water like a whale
Sixx:
I bought cussons products. I heard johnsons has lots of fake in d market. As 4 pears, no idea.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2016
Hmm cappo, maybe those women didnt put the carrier well. I've seen women use it in my area and they don't use their hands to support their baby.

I want to buy chicco or mothercare carrier sha.

Sixx:
Pls mamas who hv used baby carriers (d one like backpack)or wraps, how efficient was it? because am confused, i want 2 buy it but i just noticed that 4 out of 5 women av seen wit it still used their hands to support dia baby make e no fall. Abi i shud just be using gud old oja to back my baby?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2016
Mzora:
I would prefer general hospital in case of any medical emergency a doctor would be readily available...and most health centers refer patients to general hospitals when it is beyond them,so why waste time registering there...please go ahead and register in any general hospital closet to you.

Thank u ma for ur suggestion.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2016
My birth story part 1

My pregnancy was a bit of an uneventful one. I started out with no morning sickness, vomiting nor spitting but i had serious nausea and couldn't eat well cos everything was irritating me. At 7 weeks, I had a slight bleeding and was placed on progesterone injections.
At 15 weeks, I went to register for antenatal and during the scan, the sonographer noticed that I had a low lying placenta. The Dr and I talked about it and asked me not to worry, cos it would most likely move up before I am full term. However he told me that we would monitor it at my 20th, 28th and 36th week scan so as to know the position.
I continued ‘life as we know it’ with no issues whatsoever. Everytime I went for antenatal, I spent max of 15mins with the dr cos I never really had any complain (it was more of check baby’s heartbeat and pick up my prenatals).

At 20 weeks I went for an anomaly scan, and we confirmed that we were having a girl, but the placenta was still lying low. We kept praying and hoping that it would move before my EDD which was 2nd week of December.

3rd trimester came and I started having crazy Braxton hicks contractions and shortness of breath. My LO refused to turn head down, but was shuttling between Footling breach and transverse lie positions. Her kicks were becoming so strong (it got to an extent where I started having goose-bumps on my left arm whenever she moves) that I got scared of even eating (eating is her best activity time).Everytime I complained to the Dr about the movements, he always made fun of me and said that don’t I know it’s a good thing that my LO kicks strongly.
28th week scan came and the placenta still hadn’t moved, at my 35th week appointment my DR scheduled me for a final scan at 36 weeks, which was going to be a determining factor to the type of birth I’d be having. That is, if the placenta had moved position, then I can have a normal delivery but if not, it was going to be a CS.

At 36weeks 4 days (Thursday 24th November 2016), I went for the scan……everything was fine except for the placenta which was still lying low and by then the baby had assumed the transverse lie position (her head was to my right and her butt n feet were to my left). I went back to my Dr with a huge frown on my face and he asked me what the matter was. I said “Dr, my baby has refused to turn head down”, he looked at me and said that his issue wasn’t even the position of the baby, but rather what was preventing the baby from turning (which is the position of the placenta). He explained to me that the implication of this was that if he lets me go into labour, there is a risk of the placenta detaching and also coming out before the baby, which could cause serious bleeding and also death. He then told me that I was going to have an elective CS, and that we would wait till I was 37weeks (Saturday 26th November). He booked me for a CS on Monday 28th November 2016 by 8am, and I was to be admitted on Sunday night.
I checked into the hospital on Sunday night with my husband , and they took my blood sample for tests (PCV and some other tests), the nurses shaved me in preparation for the surgery. I had my last meal b4 10pm and my husband left for home afterwards, to come back the next morning before the surgery.

cc Favouredmom

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zeehrt: 10:52am On Dec 17, 2016
Pls any gynecologist here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2016
Rhemy2013:

Thank u ma for ur suggestion, actually am using d 2.am using health center in sch(Ogun state) and general hospital in Lagos cusz I do travel almost weekend to see dh in Lagos so my Edd will be doing my final yr exams which I no I will be in Ogun state ooh.nah hw I go con port go Lagos dat day be d koko.am confused cusz my SIL said health center is not good for FTM and I choose it because is very very close to my hostel in sch...pls advice me.
Cc sabi mamas
your SIL is actually right,as a FTM ur pelvis have not been tried(means you don't know if u can have a vaginal birth)in the case this is not possible cs becomes the next option which most health centre don't do..inother to be on the safe side if there is a good private Hosp around there please register to avoid stories.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2016
Happy wkend mamas. Congrats SURYsuri, juliao n all the other mamas that have delivered their babies. God bless ur LOs. Amin. Welcome to d newbies Sumfun, damocious, Dazzle86, peacefulwealth, n all others. Happy n healthy pregnancy, enjoy d ride.
N to d snr mamas resuming for a new session, welcome back o. Congrats once again enque. Jazzyjazz, thank God u guys r fine, it shall end well by God's grace.
I hail everybody
kiss kiss kiss kiss everybody

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Cutestmummy where art thou? Hp u guys r very good. Pls check in n say hello when u can. We go hear beta o inshaAllaah. Ma'am Fortius hw una dey?
Comtem2011 how's Olamide? Happy wkend
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2016
Hi Jazzyjazz, thank God ur fine now. Pls take care of urself o..

Akorkor, how far?? how body?

Congrats mamacajah juliao and other mamas that hv put to bed. May God bless and keep us all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sixx:
Maybe because they feel the material is too flimsy to hold baby well without falling or the carrier's design made the weight of the baby rest solely on the carrier's shoulder and not evenly distributed as it should be. That's why its essential to check out the straps and buckles of the carrier before buying. Ergobaby 360, and one thing I like about it is the it's very study. The straps are rock solid and the buckles are very good too. But I didn't find it on Jumia or Konga. Carriers are very efficient for me. Especially when I need to do stuff or go to places that require my hands free and I can't push the stroller
various carriers are discussed here: http://www.babygearlab.com/Best-Baby-Carrier

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
jazzyjazz:
My cappo, as I de like dis be like na cussons or nycil I go buy. Make I no go buy fake Johnsons to avoid stories that touch the soul

How waddling ministry?
U don shop finish?
I was able to shop for all the items on my hospital list yesterday. Today me and dh will go and buy car seat and baby carrier and other items that are remaining on the main list that I have.

I'm still having contractions...but like one or two in a day so I believe lo may be born early.
We are 36weeks today
And according to last scan done few days ago, we are 37+6

Jajaina and rectum heaviness is real mehn!!!
I now walk like a duck!
Appetite still in sambisa forest.
Kpekus ministry has been shut down till after delivery

Still on bed rest, eating, bathing, sleeping, taking my meds, and drinking water like a whale
God got your back. If baby decided to come now, it's fine but have enuf rest so he will bake more. As for baby product l used nycil but that was six years ago this time around l may use it again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
UmmTwins2:
Cutestmummy where art thou? Hp u guys r very good. Pls check in n say hello when u can. We go hear beta o inshaAllaah. Ma'am Fortius hw una dey?
Comtem2011 how's Olamide? Happy wkend
Maami, how is my favourite? Olamide is fyn. Happy weekend ma.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
Thanks @MamaOO n Jazzyjazz, i will check out that link as soon as i finish typing this. I tot as much dat its eida its buckles are not strong or dose ladies have trust issues.

Waddling is on o my dear, av bought lyk 85 pcnt of my list lyk u remaining all dose big tins. But anytime i walk for long i feel so much pressure down dere dt i hv told dh that he will be d one 2 do dis last batch of shopping alone, i don tire abeg.

U may see baby dis month o, so happy 4 u. Take really gud kia of urslf n keep eating dose ur beta beta food.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
I am 40weeks +1 today,I have been having this stomach upset since on wednesday so on getting to the hospital today the doctor examine me and said I should bring my bag on monday for induction embarassed plz help a scared mother.how is it like to be induced I am extremely scared plz don't pass me by,this is my first baby I am so scared plz say something angry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AngelicBeing: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimsusy(f): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
ultimatebunmi1:
I am 40weeks +1 today,I have been having this stomach upset since on wednesday so on getting to the hospital today the doctor examine me and said I should bring my bag on monday for induction embarassed plz help a scared mother.how is it like to be induced I am extremely scared plz don't pass me by,this is my first baby I am so scared plz say something angry

Hello mama, u don't need to be scared. induction is a way of hastening Labour, I was induced in my 2previous births. Go in there prayerfully n return with ur baby. U don't need details of how induction is being done jare, the medical team will lead u thru. I wish u the very best. Pls take ur mind off fear. The induction is just to bring on contractions. Safe delivery sis, healthy mother n baby & dad rejoicing.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Don't be scared just put ur mynd at rest ur baby is closer dan u think, God's got ur back
ultimatebunmi1:

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
@ jazzyjazz I used cusson for my dd n it was ok, her creamm was ori mixed with coconut oil n her skin was just okn after sumtym dh con dey complain say how would his dd b using ori dt he wants a gud baby cream 4 her not mynding d cost. Naso I go buy boots baby cream I neva use am reach 1/4 my dd don dey turn blacky nobody tell dh b4 hee say make I continue with my oori.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
enque:

Akorkor, how far?? how body
My sister, two EDD has passed oh. Still waiting unto the lord. Please remember me in your prayer oh. Can't wait to carry my dearest into my hand.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
ultimatebunmi1:
God will take control in Jesus name. We shall come here to give our testimonies in Jesus name. Whether by induction or natural contraction it will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
Akorkor:

God will take control in Jesus name. We shall come here to give our testimonies in Jesus name. Whether by induction or natural contraction it will end in praise

Mama Akorkor how is it going? Longest time. God is your strength we will soon celebrate with u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2630) (2631) (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joyfulayo and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.