Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8202176 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2631) (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chanbaby:

Mama Akorkor how is it going? Longest time. God is your strength we will soon celebrate with u.

Amen ohhh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fyorgyn: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
ultimatebunmi1:
I am 40weeks +1 today,I have been having this stomach upset since on wednesday so on getting to the hospital today the doctor examine me and said I should bring my bag on monday for induction embarassed plz help a scared mother.how is it like to be induced I am extremely scared plz don't pass me by,this is my first baby I am so scared plz say something angry

Don't be scared.

I was induced 2weeks ago at 40weeks+. You need to relax and go with a positive mind. I am also a FTM and was a bit worried too so I know how you feel.

Worry not. It will end in praise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
Hmm mama. That ergobaby carrier is darn expensive o!!!!
I and DH just finished shopping for all baby items o
We saw the ergobaby carrier and it goes for 50k mehn!!!
For say money still de we for buy am cos that carrier na d koko. E strong die!
Last last na chicco we buy at 15k

MamaOO:

Maybe because they feel the material is too flimsy to hold baby well without falling or the carrier's design made the weight of the baby rest solely on the carrier's shoulder and not evenly distributed as it should be. That's why its essential to check out the straps and buckles of the carrier before buying. Ergobaby 360, and one thing I like about it is the it's very study. The straps are rock solid and the buckles are very good too. But I didn't find it on Jumia or Konga. Carriers are very efficient for me. Especially when I need to do stuff or go to places that require my hands free and I can't push the stroller
various carriers are discussed here: http://www.babygearlab.com/Best-Baby-Carrier
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
Na nycil I buy sha. Dh say make we try am see first. If e no good, we go switch
Flodel:
@ jazzyjazz I used cusson for my dd n it was ok, her creamm was ori mixed with coconut oil n her skin was just okn after sumtym dh con dey complain say how would his dd b using ori dt he wants a gud baby cream 4 her not mynding d cost. Naso I go buy boots baby cream I neva use am reach 1/4 my dd don dey turn blacky nobody tell dh b4 hee say make I continue with my oori.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
bimsusy:

Hello mama, u don't need to be scared. induction is a way of hastening Labour, I was induced in my 2previous births. Go in there prayerfully n return with ur baby. U don't need details of how induction is being done jare, the medical team will lead u thru. I wish u the very best. Pls take ur mind off fear. The induction is just to bring on contractions. Safe delivery sis, healthy mother n baby & dad rejoicing.
thank u so much and GOD bless you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2016
Fyorgyn:

Don't be scared.

I was induced 2weeks ago at 40weeks+. You need to relax and go with a positive mind. I am also a FTM and was a bit worried too so I know how you feel.

Worry not. It will end in praise.
GOD bless u I appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Akorkor:

God will take control in Jesus name. We shall come here to give our testimonies in Jesus name. Whether by induction or natural contraction it will end in praise
amen amen thank u so much god bless you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
Abiagirl777:

I had this lower breastpain in my first pregnancy,it was painful especially when I go to toilet,you shld see ur doc not much ish cos I was given gestid and it stopped.

Thank you ma, i will discuss with my doctor on the next ANC
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
jazzyjazz:

You're right. Ergobaby is very very strong. I don't have any fears when using it because it is very sturdy and holds baby well.... I can use my hands for other things while using it. I'm sure it's the exchange rate that affected the prices of everything and made it all so expensive.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemesty(f): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
Congratulations once again enque. Your baby is blessed beyond measure. Thank God for a safe delivery.
@ultimatebunmi 1, please don't fret. I was induced in my two deliveries to bring on contractions as i passed my due date. Everything went fine , just cooperate with your doctors. You and your lo will be fine by God's grace.
Cappo sixx, how is waddling doing u cos mine is something else. When baby kicks , my entire body vibrates and moves in the direction of the kicks . I am 37 weeks today. My God is indeed a miracle worker.
Jazzyjazz, i see u holding your cutie soon. Allow oga to do the shopping of the remaining items. Your mantra now should be bed sweet bed. God's grace to you sweetie.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
mamacajah:
With great joy and happiness, I announce the safe delivery of my son via VD , weighing 3.7kg at 4.31pm today 15th December 2016. BS later.
First time, cajahd mama of a beautiful damsel.
Second time, cajahd mama of a handsome Prince!
There is no one like God!

Am so happy at the awesome overtime works of God in your life Mama. You've always been an inspiration!
God bless the latest addition & the first too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
kemesty:
Congratulations once again enque. Your baby is blessed beyond measure. Thank God for a safe delivery.
@ultimatebunmi 1, please don't fret. I was induced in my two deliveries to bring on contractions as i passed my due date. Everything went fine , just cooperate with your doctors. You and your lo will be fine by God's grace.
Cappo sixx, how is waddling doing u cos mine is something else. When baby kicks , my entire body vibrates and moves in the direction of the kicks . I am 37 weeks today. My God is indeed a miracle worker.
Jazzyjazz, i see u holding your cutie soon. Allow oga to do the shopping of the remaining items. Your mantra now should be bed sweet bed. God's grace to you sweetie.

thank u GOD bless u sister
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
Congrats Juliao and other mamas that just delivered too. God bless your LOs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Thank so for the birth story @ enque

Congrats SurySuri, SisiNini, Juliao, mamacajah on the arrival of your babies. May God bless and keep them. Oya come and drop your birth stories like it's hot cheesy

@ ultimatebunmi1 dont be scared. Your induction procedure will go smoothly, just commit everything into the hands of God.

@ mummytee, akorkor, ammy5565, worry not, we will soon rejoice with you on your birth announcements, the last few weeks are always the longest.

December mamas aka no dulling mamas abeg come and drop your birth stories o

My prayer for us in this new week is that as this week ushers in the festive period, glad tidings and sounds of great joy will be heard in our homes in Jesus name amen.

Motherhood is so rewarding although it is a LOT of work but i would not have it any other way. Breastfeeding with one hand and typing with the other while using side eyes to check my girl's nose smiley
Stories that touch won't be our portion...

Those of us that have put to bed, let's come in and share tips on how we've been coping. Postpartum depression is real, if there's something that's bothering us, we can ask questions here also.

May God reward all mothers in Jesus name.

By the way, thank God for breast pumps. I don't know how I would have survived without that thing if I'm breastfeeding back to back.

We await more birth alerts.

Cc all December sexy mamas wink

Love you guys kiss kiss kiss

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 7:17am On Dec 18, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Are u kidding me, 50k shocked shocked anyway soup wey sweet na moni kill am.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2016
You're right about the exchange rate being the reason for the high price.

But mehn, that carrier is a carrier!!!

Na that kind one where be say even if house de fall and u de run, ya baby go de intact for ya body

MamaOO:

You're right. Ergobaby is very very strong. I don't have any fears when using it because it is very sturdy and holds baby well.... I can use my hands for other things while using it. I'm sure it's the exchange rate that affected the prices of everything and made it all so expensive.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2016
I

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2016
Lol
Na true u talk o

Sixx:
Are u kidding me, 50k shocked shocked anyway soup wey sweet na moni kill am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:09am On Dec 18, 2016
My BS -PART 2

Monday 28th November 2016 – delivery day

I could barely sleep all night, couldn’t wait to just get the whole process over with. It was more of an anxious feeling towards the delivery.
5am – Had my bath
6am – The nurse came to check my baby’s heartbeat and my vitals.
7am – The catheter was inserted and the drip was setup. I stripped and was dressed in a green robe like the doctors. The Anesthesiologist came to brief me of the events leading up to the surgery, how to position my back for the spinal anesthesia and the effect on my body.
8.15am - Walked from my room to the theatre, saw my DH, mum and elder bro in the waiting room. My DH was asked to come in with me as he had requested to be by my side for the surgery.
As I entered the theatre, ol’booy see plenty instruments….lol grin grin. I come dey wonder if na ontop person body dem wan use all those gadgets.

My DH was asked to hold on while I was set up for the surgery, the anesthesiologist asked me to hug a pillow and bend my back like I was on an ‘OKADA’, he then injected the anesthesia into my spine and immediately I couldn’t feel my body from chest downwards. I told him and he said that was the effect of the injection – I would be awake but numb from chest downwards. He also asked me not to raise my head up so as not to have headaches post-op, but I could turn my head left or right if I needed to communicate.

5 mins later, I started to feel funny. My chest felt heavy like I couldn’t breathe and the lights in the theatre started to dim. My head felt very heavy and I began to feel like I was passing out , at a point I started breathing HEAVILY with my mouth and making sounds. With the little strength I had, I called the anesthesiologist and said – “DR, my chest feels heavy and I can’t breathe..my head too”. Immediately, He shouted that the nurses should bring 2 pillows so that he can prop my head up, and then I felt an oxygen mask covering my nose (at this point I was semi-conscious…I could hear the panic in their voices faintly and I was struggling to stay awake, tho I was feeling dizzy and my eyes were slowly closing). He now started calling my name…Nkechi, Nkechi can u hear me…he was slapping my cheeks to keep me from closing my eyes. A few mins after the oxygen mask was put on my nose, I started breathing well and all the dizzy feeling wore off gradually. I responded to my name and smiled at the Drs. They left the mask on for a few more mins and they were constantly checking my blood pressure, I started feeling better , the chest heaviness was gone and I felt normal. I looked to my left and saw my DH dressed like the DRs and I laughed..He held my hand and said ‘Pls don’t close your eyes or fall asleep’.

Now that everything was normal, the surgery started. There were about 7 people in the room – the gynaecologist, a regular doctor (who was scrubbing in), a pediatrician, the anesthesiologist, A matron and 2 nurses. A small curtain was used to cover so I couldn’t see what they were doing, but my DH was allowed to see the procedure. I jokingly told them that I wanted to see too, but they laughed at me. I also noticed that I was constantly being monitored especially my blood pressure, and the doctors kept talking to me so that I am conscious. They would ask me questions like how are you? When is ur birthday? What is ur best food and all sorts of funny questions and me sef I de reply them…..lol

At exactly 8.55am they brought out my baby girl and she weighed 2.8kg. The gynaecologist teased me that with all the food I consumed, that my baby weighs just that and my husband replied ‘when na only indomie and egg she de chop, how d pikin wan take big’ and we all laughed.
The pediatrician and 1 of the nurses took her away, but I noticed she had plenty hair and I smiled.
They suctioned all the fluid out and the Dr had to bring out my womb to sew it up (I’m sure you’d be wondering how I knew…well, at every point in time they were telling me what they were doing). When they were done, the Dr put it back in and sewed me up.
I asked him about the fibroids that were seen before I got pregnant and in my early pregnancy (the various scans said that there were about 2 of them) and the Dr said that they were no more there, as they had been flattened out in the course of my pregnancy. That was good news and I thanked God.
At about 9.50am, the surgery was done…they handed the placenta over to my DH and he had this confused look on his face as per what to do with it….lol. I just told him to give it to my mum who was waiting outside with my bro. DH and I said thanks to everyone and he left to check on the baby while the nurses cleaned up all the bloody ish in the room.

cc - Favouredmom

Part 3 coming soon grin grin

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks cappo, I have battled postpartum depression for the past 2 weeks...I was angry at everything and everyone for no reason. at some point I blamed the Dr for bringing out my DD at 37weeks, infact I almost got angry at God for not turning my 'placenta previa' issue around despite all the prayers we prayed. I almost didnt want to share my BS cos i just felt very sad about everything.
that's story for another day, but i thank God that I'm gradually getting better and taking each day as it comes.

Favouredmom:
Thank so for the birth story @ enque

Congrats Sury..Suri, Sisi..Nini, J..uliao, ma..macajah on the arrival of your babies. May God bless and keep them. Oya come and drop your birth stories like it's hot cheesy

@ ultimateb..unmi1 dont be scared. Your induction procedure will go smoothly, just commit everything into the hands of God.

@ mum..mytee, ako..rkor, ammy5..565, worry not, we will soon rejoice with you on your birth announcements, the last few weeks are always the longest.

December mamas aka no dulling mamas abeg come and drop your birth stories o

My prayer for us in this new week is that as this week ushers in the festive period, glad tidings and sounds of great joy will be heard in our homes in Jesus name amen.

Motherhood is so rewarding although it is a LOT of work but i would not have it any other way. Breastfeeding with one hand and typing with the other while using side eyes to check my girl's nose smiley
Stories that touch won't be our portion...

Those of us that have put to bed, let's come in and share tips on how we've been coping. Postpartum depression is real, if there's something that's bothering us, we can ask questions here also.

May God reward all mothers in Jesus name.

By the way, thank God for breast pumps. I don't know how I would have survived without that thing if I'm breastfeeding back to back.

We await more birth alerts.

Cc all December sexy mamas wink

Love you guys kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks dear

kemesty:
@ultimate..bunmi 1, please don't fret. I was induced in my two deliveries to bring on contractions as i passed my due date. Everything went fine , just cooperate with your doctors. You and your lo will be fine by God's grace.
Cappo si..xx, how is waddling doing u cos mine is something else. When baby kicks , my entire body vibrates and moves in the direction of the kicks . I am 37 weeks today. My God is indeed a miracle worker.
Jazzy..jazz, i see u holding your cutie soon. Allow oga to do the shopping of the remaining items. Your mantra now should be bed sweet bed. God's grace to you sweetie.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Pele love,
You will soon testify of his goodness soon. Our prayers are with yoy

Akorkor:

My sister, two EDD has passed oh. Still waiting unto the lord. Please remember me in your prayer oh. Can't wait to carry my dearest into my hand.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeejaylere(f): 10:39am On Dec 18, 2016
Gudmorning mamasita,.
will make d BS short as possible cos prefer telling d story than writing it down.

BS
Having experience a stressfree 9month i went for my routine ANC on d 1st dec, told d doc my baby movement has reduce abit ( which i thought was normal cos dat was not d first time d LO was reduce movement for 2days and bounce back to full time movement) d doc check and told mi to do scan and CTG which she wrote urgent on.D scan came back ok but d ctg show irregular baby heartbeat , d doc said she heard to deliver d baby dat day to be on d safe side.dat how baby Lucas was brought forth at 5: 25pm on d 1st Dec. Forgot how i neva wanted CS or d drama i pull wit my doc abt not doing Cs, happy i made d right decision for my baby

PS
What else can i do as per CS recovery, i can't contd going abt wit dis big belle
Can i start using postpartum belt. Where can i buy at what price?
Pls make una answer mi ooo
Cc: favouredmom,
#teamdec#
#supernaturaldelivery#

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2016
Wow! SurySuri!!! kiss kiss kiss
Alhamdulillah!
I am so happy for. kiss
May the blessings and mercy of Allah be with her always. May she live a long healthy and prosperous life.
May she alway make you happy and proud. Amin!!!!
Congrats once more mama! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 11:15am On Dec 18, 2016
olatebony n Emerald65 sell pp belt

beeejaylere:
Gudmorning mamasita,.
will make d BS short as possible cos prefer telling d story than writing it down.

BS
Having experience a stressfree 9month i went for my routine ANC on d 1st dec, told d doc my baby movement has reduce abit ( which i thought was normal cos dat was not d first time d LO was reduce movement for 2days and bounce back to full time movement) d doc check and told mi to do scan and CTG which she wrote urgent on.D scan came back ok but d ctg show irregular baby heartbeat , d doc said she heard to deliver d baby dat day to be on d safe side.dat how baby Lucas was brought forth at 5: 25pm on d 1st Dec. Forgot how i neva wanted CS or d drama i pull wit my doc abt not doing Cs, happy i made d right decision for my baby

PS
What else can i do as per CS recovery, i can't contd going abt wit dis big belle
#teamdec#
#supernaturaldelivery#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmTwins2: 11:23am On Dec 18, 2016
Congrats mamacajah, God bless ur Prince. Happy wkend zaynie. Hws our bae n her egbon? E ku itoju

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
UmmTwins2:
Congrats mamac.ajah, God bless ur Prince. Happy wkend zaynie. Hws our bae n her egbon? E ku itoju

Happy Weekend Mama kiss
The kids are fine, Alhamdulillah.
Imran nko? My love to him kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeejaylere(f): 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gudmorning mamasita,.

BS

PS
#teamdec#
#supernaturaldelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CharmyBliz: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
ultimatebunmi1:
I am 40weeks +1 today,I have been having this stomach upset since on wednesday so on getting to the hospital today the doctor examine me and said I should bring my bag on monday for induction embarassed plz help a scared mother.how is it like to be induced I am extremely scared plz don't pass me by,this is my first baby I am so scared plz say something angry

no need to b scared I was induced in my first pregnancy and it wasn't bad. it makes you certain you'll be with your baby soon. d Dr inserted 2 tablets by 9am and contractions started by 12....by 5pm same day I gave birth.
I might opt for induction again cos it's enables you choose ur baby's date of birth. cheers
safe delivery to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sumfun: 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
@ultimatebunmi jez trust God n m sure u l b fine as well as ur baby. Congrat to all wu birthed dr los.. .... Wishing d rest of us safe delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamacajah: 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks everyone for the lovely messages and felicitations. I have been trying to adjust to handling a toddler and a hungry baby boy. It is not easy oh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2631) (2632) (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.