Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145575 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
Congratulations to the latest mamas. May God bless and keep your los

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
BeeBlossoms:

Anyway, me and dh don set, but chairman still needs to bake and finish the duplex wey e dey build inside my belle while ruling it with an iron fist.... na only diaper I neffa buy, not made a brand decision yet, wanted yo settle with molfix, but sugah's review about it on newborn thread discouraged me, and I no wan do buggies, and the braps she upvoted, I no dey see am

You can get pampers premium (in the cream colored pack)....its equally quite good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
Meanwhile just thought to share. ...... This is me 2 days post partum

My mama no pity me at all
From Monday, hours after delivery my mum started tying my belly with wrapper. I slept with it like that till Tuesday. Tuesday she massaged my belly with very hot water, and then tied that wrapper on my belly again very tight and I slept with it like that.
On Tuesday evening when I went to the hospital she gave me girdle to wear.
This morning, she massaged me again with very hot water, then I wore the girdle all day.

All my pre pregnancy clothes have fit right back. My jeans can be buttoned and my tops still fit.
That's how I've managed to loose all the pregnancy belly.
I gave birth to Ilan at 39weeks and 2days

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Yes oh it's that first poo.
He pooped in the womb before he came out.

Breastmilk no flow o
But by this morning my boobs were fuller so I used breast pump for like 30mins before small came out

I expressed up to 20ml sha before I left the hospital
I'm taking lots of tea to help with the milk production too

Its well my lookalike maama, thank God he is getting better.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
LONG POST ALERT!!!
Just thought I'd share!
NB... It may not be all applicable, seeing that most of our naija foods aren't being genetically modified (GMOs are said to be d cause of most food allergies , not the food itself)

14 Foods To Avoid During Breastfeeding

1. Coffee
Why is coffee topping the list? It is because of the caffeine content in it. Some amount of caffeine in the coffee (or tea, soda, energy drinks and over-the-counter medicines) ends up in your breast milk.

So what? Unlike adults, babies cannot excrete caffeine efficiently. So the accumulated caffeine in their bodies causes irritation, sleeplessness, and crankiness. High amounts of caffeine can lower iron levels in breast milk and decrease hemoglobin levels in the baby. Hence the best solution is to cut down on coffee.

“But, how do I begin my day, especially after a long sleepless night?” Are you asking this? Have coffee moderately (not more than 2 to 3 cups a day) because smaller amounts of caffeine are absolutely fine.

2. Chocolate
Previously, break time would have meant chocolate time. But not anymore. Chocolate is rich in the substance called theobromine, which has an effect similar to that of caffeine. If you feel that your little one’s crankiness is due to your chocolate consumption, then keep away from it.

The only way to know if you are taking too much of caffeine is to observe your baby’s behavior.If a mother consumes more than 750mg of caffeine or theobromine a day, the baby might exhibit erratic and fussy behavior, besides suffering from sleep issues.

3. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits are a source of vitamin C, but their acidic components can irritate little tummies. Their immature gastrointestinal tract will not be able to deal with these components, thus resulting in diaper rash, fussiness, spitting up and more.

If you decide to cut on citrus fruits such as limes, grapefruits, lemons, and oranges, replace them with other vitamin C-rich foods like papaya, pineapple, strawberries or leafy greens and mango.

4. Broccoli
Had broccoli last night? Then do not be surprised if your baby has gassy problems today. Other gassy foods to avoid while breastfeeding are: onion, cauliflower, cabbage, and cucumber. However, there is no research-based evidence to prove it.

5. High-Mercury Fish
Mercury appears in your breast milk if you eat high-mercury fish and other foods that are high in that element. Higher levels of mercury in the breast milk can affect the baby’s neurological development.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture, “If a breastfeeding woman consumes a high amount of mercury-rich foods, it could harm the development of baby by transferring into the breast milk and then onto the baby”

FDA recommends that “breastfeeding women should avoid eating swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tilefish from the Gulf of Mexico as they contain high amounts of mercury.” Eat fish (including canned tuna) in moderation not exceeding two servings a week.

6. Alcohol
Alcohol can pass from mom to baby through breast milk and affect his neurological development. But after nine full months without a drink, it is fine to have an occasional glass of wine or beer.

Studies have shown that a couple of units once or twice a week do not harm your baby. Levels higher than these may inhibit mother’s “let down” reflex (i.e. the release of milk to the nipple area)

Moderation is the key, says Dr. Jack Newman, a member of the LLLI Health Advisory Council. In his book ‘More Breastfeeding Myths’, Newman says, “Alcohol can be consumed in reasonable amounts. Only a fraction of the consumed alcohol remains in breast milk.

“A nursing mom can drink some alcohol and continue to nurse her baby. Quitting alcohol is like making life unessentially restrictive for breastfeeding moms”.

If you plan to have more than one drink at a time, then wait for two hours before you breastfeed your baby.

7. Peanuts
If your family has a history of peanut allergies, avoid peanuts until you wean your baby. The allergic proteins in peanuts could pass into your breast milk and then to the baby. She might suffer from rashes, wheezing or hives. Eating even a few peanuts can result in the allergens passing into mother’s milk between one and six hours.

Research suggests that there is an increased chance of developing a lifetime peanut allergy for children exposed to peanuts at an early age. However, there is no sufficient evidence to suggest that avoiding peanuts during breastfeeding prevents peanut allergies in babies.

8. Parsley and Peppermint
Parsley and peppermint are two herbs, if taken in huge amounts, can reduce your breast milk. Whenever you eat these herbs, monitor your milk supply, especially when your baby is in the growth spurt – the phase when he needs more milk than usual.

In fact, mothers often drink peppermint tea when they want to stop the milk production after weaning. Another herb, sage, too decreases milk supply.

9. Dairy
To have or not to have dairy has always been a dilemma for nursing mothers. Babies could be intolerant to cow’s milk. When the mother eats dairy products or drinks milk, the allergens might enter breast milk and irritate the baby. If you observe symptoms like vomiting and colic in your baby after you consume dairy products, it means that you need to stop eating them for some time. Other symptoms include eczema, skin issues, and sleep issues.

Children with dairy intolerances often show signs of a soy allergy too. Keep a check. Go for organic varieties of high-fat dairy, meat, and poultry, as no antibiotics, growth hormones, chemicals, or pesticides are used in their production.

10. Garlic
Garlic’s smell can get into the milk too! Some babies like it. Some do not. If you find your baby at discomfort while nursing, check if garlic is the reason. Some babies may grimace or fuss at the breast if they encounter garlic’s strong aroma.

11. Spicy Foods
Spicy foods can irritate some babies, while others are perfectly fine with it. A dash of pepper is more than enough to hurt a few babies. They remain fussy for a long time. Lessen the spices in your food if your little one is not comfortable with it.

12. Wheat
Gluten intolerance is a common food problem as it results in bloody stools, sensitive tummy, and fussiness. Like any other food, the best way to diagnose the allergy is by eliminating it from the diet. Some moms choose to remove all common problem-causing foods and gradually re-introduce them one at a time.

13. Corn
Allergies to corn are common among babies and toddlers. They cause discomfort and rashes in babies. If you observe that your baby is allergic to corn, eliminate it from your diet.

14. Eggs or Shellfish
A family history of a particular food allergy poses a risk in infants and babies. If there is somebody allergic to shellfish or eggs in your immediate family, then avoid them while breastfeeding. Egg allergies, mostly in the form of sensitivity to egg whites, are pretty common.

After reading our exhaustive list of foods to avoid while nursing, you will surely have one question: “Is there anything left for me to eat without worrying about my baby?” Do not worry. It is not necessary that you have to stop eating all these foods. Your baby could be allergic to a few foods on the list, or he may not be allergic to any of them at all!

Tips For Avoiding Foods When Nursing
Consult your doctor before avoiding any foods while breastfeeding, so that it does not cause a nutritional imbalance in you.

Meanwhile, keep a close eye on your baby’s behavior and his reactions to specific foods.

If you find symptoms like diarrhea, rashes, congestion soon after nursing, seek medical advice before avoiding any food.
When you are sure that something in your diet is affecting your baby, avoid it for a week and see if there is any difference.
Avoid processed foods containing preservatives and additives that aren’t good for your baby. Avoid foods that are high in trans and saturated fats to avoid obesity.
Maintaining a food diary is a good idea. Keep a list of the foods you are eating and your baby’s behavior. This practice makes your job easy.
You do not need a special diet while breastfeeding. Focus on making right nutrition choices for the benefit of you and your baby.

If you suspect that some food is troubling your baby, eliminate it and seek medical advice. It can take up to 14 days from the day of elimination, for the food to stop influencing the breast milk. So give enough waiting time before reintroducing it!

Copied!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:

From Monday, hours after delivery my mum started tying my belly with wrapper. I slept with it like that till Tuesday. Tuesday she massaged my belly with very hot water, and then tied that wrapper on my belly again very tight and I slept with it like that.
This morning, she massaged me again with very hot water, then I wore the girdle all day.

All my pre pregnancy clothes have fit right back. My jeans can be buttoned and my tops still fit.
Jazzy na wen u still carry belle be dix abi na d losing be dix? mogbe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
Jazzyjazz I'm glad to hear the good news.

Good news and celebrations shall not cease from our midst in this thread! Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummychimaobi1(f): 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=realdentist post=52713473]Team March, pls who can direct me to where d last roll call is?
Meanwhile i noticed that i havent seen any comments from the following mamas for a while: Bolaalimat
Chrisdada16.
Eminent91..
Firstpregnancy.
Mummychimaobi1
Nkediche....
Onaswu....
Splendy90....
Sunbestie....
Ummhalimah...
Yesitsme.....
Is it phone issue or tiredness or peepiñg mode activated? Abeg just come out n say hi. We miss u.
Hmmmm..! Let me rant small! My tiredness these days is something else! I sit down, i'm tired. I stand, I'm tired. I walk small, I'm tired. But my pcv is ok o. So tey i'm thinking of starting mat leave early but i know i will be bored stiff just sitting at home waiting for bobo to show up.
And my navel area is warmer than other parts of my abdomen.
Braxton hicks have been coming more often these days too.. End of rant for now
I dey ooo.just on peeping mood for now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
Amen ooo
Iyomomoreloaded:
Jazzyjazz I'm glad to hear the good news.

Good news and celebrations shall not cease from our midst in this thread! Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onaswu(f): 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
realdentist:
Team March, pls who can direct me to where d last roll call is?
Meanwhile i noticed that i havent seen any comments from the following mamas for a while: Bolaalimat
Chrisdada16.
Eminent91..
Firstpregnancy.
Mummychimaobi1
Nkediche....
Onaswu....
Splendy90....
Sunbestie....
Ummhalimah...
Yesitsme.....
Is it phone issue or tiredness or peepiñg mode activated? Abeg just come out n say hi. We miss u.
Hmmmm..! Let me rant small! My tiredness these days is something else! I sit down, i'm tired. I stand, I'm tired. I walk small, I'm tired. But my pcv is ok o. So tey i'm thinking of starting mat leave early but i know i will be bored stiff just sitting at home waiting for bobo to show up.
Present ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hehehehehe
Na this morning I snap the pix o grin
BlossomedCherry:
Jazzy na wen u still carry belle be dix abi na d losing be dix? mogbe!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:

she try gan! Even u sef, u try. B4 u know it, u'll be figure 8 again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
realdentist:
Team March, pls who can direct me to where d last roll call is?
Chrisdada16.
Eminent91..
Firstpregnancy.
Mummychimaobi1
Nkediche....
Onaswu....
Splendy90....
Sunbestie....
Ummhalimah...
Yesitsme.....
We dey ooo....me don't knw where d last roll call is o..chai...
Onaswu, sunbestie and yesitsme...have been online...don't no abt d rest...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebony13: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
CovenantBabies:
Mama Ebony13, shocked shocked grin am still in shock ! The things that are impossible...they're the kind of things Baba can do.
Congrats Swty!

Thanks darling! You're so on point

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2017
bulunton:
Birth Alert:great is God's faithfulness to me. After TTCING for 2years,my Own Ireayomide arrived to stay with me yesterday.BS to follow.
Cc:sixx.
Tank u Jesus...happy for u...Congrats..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good afternoon wonderful mamas

Baby Ilan is doing much better
I was allowed to feed him today. I expressed and they fed him through syringe. I'm told since he ate without issues, that it's a great improvement and he should be home with us within a day or two.

I got to know this morning that it was meconium that he swallowed.
Isn't It DAT stuff DAT dey say covers d skin like fat..and protect dem at ist when dey come outside... I saw on babycentre DAT at a time dey swallow some of it in d womb and dats like dre ist poopoo not too sure again...maybe he swallowed too much of it...well tank God baby llan is improving dats all DAT matters...it is well with him...by d time he poopoo all those things go comot him belle..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ummhalimah: 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
[quote author=realdentist post=52713473]Team March, pls who can direct me to where d last roll call is?
Chrisdada16.
Eminent91..
Firstpregnancy.
Mummychimaobi1
Nkediche....
Onaswu....
Splendy90....
Sunbestie....
Ummhalimah...
Yesitsme.....

Am fine o, it's just that av been very busy. Got a new job in December and it hasn't been funny. I leave home around 7 everyday. Plus taking care of my toddler, husband and house. Any little extra time is for sleep o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2017
@jazzyjazz please check your pm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
I replied but you sent back an empty message
queensnow:
@jazzyjazz please check your pm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 6:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
Meconium is baby's first poo
Some babies poo in the womb before they are born and it's bad for them when inhaled because it can cause infection if left untreated by the doctors

nicoleswizzi:

Isn't It DAT stuff DAT dey say covers d skin like fat..and protect dem at ist when dey come outside... I saw on babycentre DAT at a time dey swallow some of it in d womb and dats like dre ist poopoo not too sure again...maybe he swallowed too much of it...well tank God baby llan is improving dats all DAT matters...it is well with him...by d time he poopoo all those things go comot him belle..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2017
Congrats bulunton on the birth of your baby. God bless and keep him.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

You are referring to vernix caseosa the creamy coating that protects babies skin in the womb, it's very different from meconium which is the first poo a baby passes when he's born. Its a health risk should the baby pass the poo in the womb and swallows some. Timely suction and oxygen can help the baby overcome the harm it does to the air passage.

Prolonged labor and baby distress are two common causes of babys stooling in the womb( who fit hold shit for long sef?) So a person got to do the do when nature calls.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fouñd this article oñ babycentre.co.uk. It's about getting your foetus to be in the right position for birth. Very long read! but i think these tips just might work.

What is the best position for my baby to be in?
If your baby is in a head-down position, with the back of his head slightly towards the front of your tummy (anterior position), your labour is likely to be shorter and easier. Most babies get into this position by the end of pregnancy.

In an anterior position, your baby fits snugly into the curve of your pelvis. During labour, your baby will curl his back over, and tuck his chin into his chest. Your labour and birth should progress easily if your baby is in this position, because:
The top of your baby's head puts rounded, even pressure on the neck of your uterus (cervix) during contractions. This helps your cervix to widen and your body to produce the hormones you need for labour.
During the pushing stage, your baby moves through your pelvis at an angle, so that the smallest area of his head comes first. Try putting on a tight polo neck without tucking in your chin and you'll understand how this works!
When your baby gets to the bottom of your pelvis, he turns his head slightly, so that the widest part of his head is in the widest part of your pelvis. The back of his head can then slip underneath your pubic bone. As he is born, his face sweeps across the area between your vagina and back passage (perineum).
What's a posterior position?
A posterior position is where your baby has his head down, but the back of his head is against your spine. By the time labour starts, about one baby in 10 is in this back-to-back or posterior position.

Most back-to-back babies are born vaginally. But this position can make labour more difficult for you, particularly if your baby's chin is pushed up, rather than tucked in:
You may have backache, as your baby's skull is pushing against your spine.
Your waters may break in early labour.
Your labour may be long and slow, with bouts of contractions starting and stopping.
You may feel like pushing before your cervix is fully dilated.

Most posterior babies rotate to an anterior position during labour, with the right support. When your baby gets to the bottom of your pelvis, he'll need to turn through almost 180 degrees (halfway round a circle) to get into the best position.

This can take quite a while, or your baby may decide he's not going to turn at all, which means that he will be born with his face looking up at you as he emerges. He may need forceps or ventouse to help him out.
Why are some babies posterior?
Your baby may be posterior because of the type and shape of pelvis that you have. Some women have a pelvis that's narrow and oval (anthropoid pelvis) or wide and heart-shaped (an android pelvis), rather than round-shaped.

If your pelvis is oval or heart-shaped, rather than round, your baby is more likely to settle in a back-to-back position at the widest part of your pelvis. This is because he can rest his head more easily in this position.
When you relax on a comfortable armchair watching TV, or work at a computer for hours, your pelvis is tipped backwards. This encourages the back of your baby's head and his spine (the heaviest part of him) to swing round to the back. In this position, he'll end up lying against your spine.

If you do a lot of upright activities, your baby is more likely to go down into your pelvis in an anterior position, because your pelvis is always tipped forwards.
How can I help my baby into an anterior position?
Try to tilt your pelvis forward, rather than back, when you're sitting. Check that your knees are always lower than your hips. This is called optimal fetal positioning (OFP) and it encourages your baby into an anterior position. It changes your posture, particularly when you're sitting down.

Also try the following:
Check that your favourite seat doesn't make your bottom go down and your knees come up. If it does, try turning the chair round, kneel on the seat pad, and lean forwards over the back of the chair.
Try scrubbing the floor! When you're on all fours, the back of your baby's head swings to the front of your belly.
Move around if your job involves a lot of sitting, and take regular breaks.
Sit on a cushion in your car to lift up your bottom.
Watch TV leaning forward over a birth ball, or sitting on the ball. If you are sitting, make sure that your hips are higher than your knees.

Don't worry about getting your baby into the right position when you lie down to sleep. Your baby is not being pushed down into your pelvis when you're lying down. However, lying on your side, rather than your back, is the best position for sleep in late pregnancy.
Can I really make my baby get into the right position for birth?
Adopting a hands-and-knees position for 10 minutes, twice a day, can help to move your baby into an anterior position in late pregnancy. This technique is tried-and-tested.
Even so, your midwife may not recommend OFP in pregnancy because of the lack of written evidence. But she may still encourage you to try the positions, as you may be more comfortable adopting those positions once your labour starts.

You could try to stay in upright or forward postures regularly in everyday life, rather than for short bursts.

Unfortunately, OFP doesn't seem to have an effect on how your baby lies at birth. If you try OFP during pregnancy, but your baby stays in a posterior position when labour starts, it may be because of the shape of your pelvis, rather than your posture.
How can I improve my baby's position during labour?
If your baby is in a posterior position when labour starts, you can still use postures and movements to try to help your baby to turn, and to relieve your pain. It's common for posterior babies to change position during labour, and most get themselves into an anterior position by the pushing stage.

You may feel slight niggling pains for several days before labour really starts. This can be wearing, but may be a sign that your baby is trying to turn into an anterior position.
You may find that one of the best positions is on all fours. In this position, your baby drops away from your spine, helping to relieve backache and hopefully helping him to turn, too. Here are some tips for coping with pre-labour and early labour:
Get plenty of rest at night.
Vary your daytime activities from walking and moving around, to adopting all-fours or knees-to-chest positions. So you'll be on your knees with your head, shoulders and upper chest on the floor or mattress, with your bottom in the air.
Lean forwards during contractions, and try pelvic rocking on a birth ball.
Eat and drink regularly to keep your strength up and stay hydrated.
Try to stay relaxed and positive.

When you're in active labour, try to vary your positions and movements, and use whichever of the following is most comfortable for you as your labour progresses:
Adopt all-fours or knees-to-chest positions, where you're on your knees with your head, shoulders and upper chest on the floor or mattress and your bottom in the air.
Lean forwards during your contractions by using a birth ball, beanbag, your partner, or the bed.
Ask your birth partner to massage your back.
Rock your pelvis during contractions to help your baby turn as he passes through the pelvis. A birth ball is great for pelvic rocking.
Adopt lunge positions, either when standing on one foot, kneeling on one knee, or when you're lying on the bed. The side that is most comfortable to lunge is likely to be the side that gives your baby more room to turn.
Lie on the side that encourages your baby to turn the right way.
Walk or move every now and again. Don't stay sitting in a chair, or on a bed in a leaning-back position, for too long.
Try not to have an epidural too early on in labour if you can, as epidurals may increase the chance of your baby being in a posterior position at birth. Epidurals also increase the likelihood of you having an assisted birth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Hehehehehe Na this morning I snap the pix o grin
ur bump was really d bomb. wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Thanks momma... That's what my elder sis recommended too

sugah:

You can get pampers premium (in the cream colored pack)....its equally quite good
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Some babies poo in the womb before they are born and it's bad for them when inhaled because it can cause infection if left untreated by the doctors

Thank God he is getting better, my baby suffered something similar and now he's a strong young man.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2017
Grateful... The journey is almost over

#thereshallbenoloss

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2017
Jazzyjazz, how r you? How is my baby....
You are in my prayers kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:21pm On Jan 11, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Ooowwkkk...now I get..na wa oo...hmmm thank God he's fine oo...na wa o..na God dey save person ooo..plz kip praying for him ehh .he's a destiny child...and that ur belle still big small...but I knw with time e go go down by force...mumsy dey try for ya body.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
Coldfeet:
You are referring to vernix caseosa the creamy coating that protects babies skin in the womb, it's very different from meconium which is the first poo a baby passes when he's born. Its a health risk should the baby pass the poo in the womb and swallows some. Timely suction and oxygen can help the baby overcome the harm it does to the air passage.

Prolonged labor and baby distress are two common causes of babys stooling in the womb( who fit hold shit for long sef?) So a person got to do the do when nature calls.
Lol...no be small got to do d do...guess I mixed it up...even we adults can't hold poopoo.talk of small baby..wey Neva knw watsap...tank God baby llan is fine...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2017
Good evening oo mamas in the house. Please ehnn i need sabi mamas to hep me touchlight this hair breakage issue. Noticed since i took in my hair has been breaking but i thought it was cuz of the braids i made at that time. Not made my hair in a while and been using wig but what i see is scary shocked shocked my front hair has chopped real bad and i really dont know what to do. Please what could be the cause and the solution to this chopping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2017
eksbabe:
Good evening oo mamas in the house. Please ehnn i need sabi mamas to hep me touchlight this hair breakage issue. Noticed since i took in my hair has been breaking but i thought it was cuz of the braids i made at that time. Not made my hair in a while and been using wig but what i see is scary shocked shocked my front hair has chopped real bad and i really dont know what to do. Please what could be the cause and the solution to this chopping.
I didn't complain about this bcs I knew it wasn't normal...sister u ain't alone... If u see my own hair ehhh..tot it was too much of tightening of braids but no be so oo...I noticed I started having dandruff which I don't have on a normal day...after treating it...I noticed sum part of my hair chopped down to the roots...d back and sum sides in d middle, told my husband oo...he said na baby dey carry all my beauty including my hair ... I just cut the hair low so I can start again bcs my hair was cry horrible...those places DAT chopped off isn't even growing dats d funny thing, I pray when I birth my lo..everything will be normal again..na wa oo..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.