Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8144437 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good afternoon mamas. 
So many mentions from you all. I wish I can respond to every single one. 
It's been a stressful few days!
From going to the hospital everyday at 2am to drop expressed breast milk and staying till 10pm. It's been hard. I've not slept in 2days!
He is now sucking directly from breast and mehn he can suck oooooo!! He can suck
Also my left nipple and areola hurts when Ilan sucks. Pls what can I do?
Cc
Beyedew, realdentist, soonest and all sabi mamas
thank God for healing him oo...abt ur breast and legs dunno ooo haven't experienced such..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
@jazzyjazz, Pele dear. thank God for Illan. welcome home. pls try and rest now that u're home because stress after delivery can aggravate dis swollen legs issue. drink lots of water like u've been told and things will work out fine. for d tips, my sister no b only u o. it happens to all breastfeeding mum o, u must pay ur dues too. but as suggested, there are creams to help d healing. I suffered it too during my first and second child. my mum said I shld continue to breastfeed that d milk and d heat from baby's mouth will heal it.for where? I ran away to get my breast pump and feeding bottles jeje. I breastfed a little and whenever d pain is getting out of hand na feeding bottle sure pass. i alternated until d tips healed. jus try and take things easy and everything will b fine. congrats on bringing Illan home.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2017
Sansa143:
Hi dear,hope ur fine too!Things have bin settled now,tnk God!Just waiting for him to come and perform d traditional rites and for d scar,had my appendix removed sum years bak!That reminds me,i heard dat once u have undergone surgery,u won't be allowed to do d normal delivery,it has to be CS?How true is that?
I don't think dats tru..my mum did apendix surgery wen she was young but she gave birth to 6 kids tru vd....I think it depends on how recent ur appendix surgery was done, if it has healed outside and most esp internally... Do u still feel pain dre...

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Hahahahahaha ex capo dats my only way of explaining it ooo...Hahahahahaha na wa o....d thing is b4 DH enter the place e dey hard even as I am preg..each time e wan enter d thing tight gan...Hahahahahaha so I dey imagine how baby head wan come pass dre...abi dos vj dilate too like cervix grin
Funny u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Kittana:
Na splatter my head splatter. grin
@queensnow.
lol Make God guide us through grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
Jaysmama and Ebony13 thanks so much for ur replies, God bless you! kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

I don't think dats tru..my mum did apendix surgery wen she was young but she gave birth to 6 kids tru vd....I think it depends on how recent ur appendix surgery was done, if it has healed outside and most esp internally... Do u still feel pain dre...
Time to time!Last scan I did on d side showed growth there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
tank God tinz don settle, as per d surgery qst itz not trrue, i've done appendix n myomectomy n i gave birth to my DD 2ru VD now on second missionary journey. d only tin i no of is u cant be induced if u've done fibroid operation cos itz a major operation.

cc thorpido
Sansa143:
Hi dear,hope ur fine too!Things have bin settled now,tnk God!Just waiting for him to come and perform d traditional rites and for d scar,had my appendix removed sum years bak!That reminds me,i heard dat once u have undergone surgery,u won't be allowed to do d normal delivery,it has to be CS?How true is that?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
Jaysmama and Ebony13 thanks so much for ur replies, God bless you! kiss kiss
You are welcome.God bless you too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
Very funny cheesy
nicoleswizzi:

Hahahahahaha ex capo dats my only way of explaining it ooo...Hahahahahaha na wa o....d thing is b4 DH enter the place e dey hard even as I am preg..each time e wan enter d thing tight gan...Hahahahahaha so I dey imagine how baby head wan come pass dre...abi dos vj dilate too like cervix grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
Sorry o mamas. Help me clarify this. Doesn't the vagina get wider for delivery again? Like a mama asked doesn't vagina dilate like cervix?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Flodel:
tank God tinz don settle, as per d surgery qtz not trrue, i've done appendix n myomectomy n i gave birth to my DD 2ru VD now on second missionary journey. d only tin i no of is u cant be induced if u've done fibroid operation cos itz a major operation.

cc thorpido
Sansa143,it's not true.You can have normal delivery after appendectomy and can even have a vaginal delivery after a previous C/S.You will just not be induced.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

1) can you please share your course of treatment? (I know no 2 people are the same)
Where you on aspirin, cyclogest, duphaston, gestone,nifedipine, salbutamol or ventolin, also was anyone on prophylactic (preventative) antibiotics?
Nothing apart from the 10weeks progesterone injections.

2) hw often did you have scans done, and what type?
one pelvic scan before cerclage. every other time has been of my own curious accord and doc looked at it anyway .

3) how did\do you deal with bloating and constipation?
Didnt have these.

4) *funny* did you notice that your baby tunnel became tighter as if the entrance is being blocked with a mound of flesh or so,cos whenever I want to insert cyclogest, e go be like say I dey look for d hole. Lol !

I was banned from kpekusing till 28 weeks so I have officially tuned out of vj thoughts to make it bearable.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
Good day mamas,please who knows where I can get clomid in Lagos and the likely price,thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
Loisemm:
Sorry o mamas. Help me clarify this. Doesn't the vagina get wider for delivery again? Like a mama asked doesn't vagina dilate like cervix?
I guess your question is will the vagina expand for delivery?The answer is yes.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
Congrats to all january mamas that have put to bed . Safe delivery to all those still awaiting their los. Had my son a week ago weighing 4.1kg VD no tear.
BS
I had my cerclage put in at 14 wks and then removed at 36 weeks. My cervix went to 1cm immediately but i didnt go into labour, at my 37 week check was 2cm same at my 38 week check. My doctor decided we should induce if i was still pregnant by 39wks. I had been having painful cramps since i was 36 weeks and it was increasing daily . I could not sleep through the night as the cramps would wake me up. By the time i got home after my 38 week check at about 1pm i kept having infrequent contractions.By midnight the contractions would come 10mins 9mins back to 12 mins apart . I managed it till 6am in the morning got my hubby to get my son off to school and called my doctor. I was asked to go to L& D by the time i was admitted and checked was 6cm .

My contractions were still irregular, no bloody show and my water did not break but i was in labour even though i wasnt sure until i was checked at the hospital. I would advise ftms to be vigilant you may not have all the classic labour signs and actually be dilating its best to always get to the hospital and get checked.

At 6cm the pain was still okay but being a 3rd time mom i knew the pains still coming ahead and immediately asked for an epidural this was about 9.30 in the morning. I was relaxed epidural given and the equipment monitoring the babys heart rate and my contractions were set up. The epidural caused a drop in my blood pressure i was dizzy and incoherent but an injection was given and i was ok. I was there till 5.00pm watching tv talking to my hubby was checked and i was 9cm . My doctor now said i should be given a bit of oxytocin i didnt feel any pain but from the monitor i could see i was contracting more . By 5.40 the doctor said time to push my baby was born at 6.02pm.

I really thk God for seeing me through. I have had to deal with multiple miscarriages, incompetent cervix, high blood pressure, blood sugar issues and i have 3 kids notwithstanding. As i hang up my boots finally mamas no matter the diagnosis the conditions they say you have the number of miscarriages, the financial issues, husbands not cooperating i will tell you i have seen it all. God will always answer when you call him it may tarry but it will happen at the appointed time. He will wipe away tears and restore whatever the cankerworm has eaten. Be prayerful it is well mamas. I am not an active thread member but will always address any issue directed to me.

43 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

QUESTIONS ABOUT CERCLAGE!

So I had my cerclage done @ 12 weeks, was placed on cyclogest 400mg nightly, aspirin 75mg daily, salbutamol(a.k.a ventolin) 2mg 2x daily plus folic acid n fesolate.
The issue now is that after 2 weeks the doctor asked me to reduce the salbutamol to once daily and stop after a week, but I couldn't summon up courage to stop, after reading @raptors story of how she had preterm birth at 22 weeks after taking salbutamol for 3 weeks cos doc asked her to stop, and another mama who had cramps when she reduced her dosage.
So when I went for my next appointment 2 weeks later, I told d doctor I didn't stop d salbutamol as he asked me to because I was scared, and told him about raptor's 22wk loss, he then asked if I was raptor, I said no , he went straight to say he was writing it in my file that I went against medical advice(guess he wanted to document, cos he was a junior doctor standing in for the consultant) So I asked him if continuing had any adverse effects on my baby, to which he replied no. So we left it at that.
please mama's that have or had cerclage,
1) can you please share your course of treatment? (I know no 2 people are the same)
Where you on aspirin, cyclogest, duphaston, gestone,nifedipine, salbutamol or ventolin, also was anyone on prophylactic (preventative) antibiotics?
2) hw often did you have scans done, and what type?
3) how did\do you deal with bloating and constipation?
4) *funny* did you notice that your baby tunnel became tighter as if the entrance is being blocked with a mound of flesh or so,cos whenever I want to insert cyclogest, e go be like say I dey look for d hole. Lol !

CC:
Realdentist
Raptor2
Nwarosa
Jaysmama
Mydeporch
Ebony13
Mumgb
Uglybetty1
Omojudy
Runsaway
Sweetestmum
Nneka3000
Mompurity2
Rchilee
Ekeminiabasi( I know u dint have cerclage done,but how long were you on "ventolin"wink?
Nurse kaffy4bill

The salbutamol is to prevent preterm contractions. I really don't have any experience with it, except for just one dosage that I took in my last pregnancy. Did u ask ur doc why he told u to stop? Did u register elsewhere? Can u get a second opinion?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good afternoon mamas. 
From going to the hospital everyday at 2am to drop expressed breast milk and staying till 10pm. It's been hard. I've not slept in 2days!
He is now sucking directly from breast and mehn he can suck oooooo!! He can suck!!!

In all I thank God cos it's better than him not eating at all. The pain and sleepless night is so worth it. 
Ilan is doing well, and we have been discharged. Just waiting to fill paperwork and get home to rest. 

Pls what can I do abt swollen feet? It's so bad it hurts to walk. My bp is normal

Cc
Thank God he's doing well and sucking well too. E sabi chop like him mama!
U may have cracked tips/areola likely from not positioning the brea.st well in his mouth. Lansinoh tip cream/any lanolin-based cream will help.
Also for the swollen feet, try to keep it elevated at all times. Put us leg on a small stool when sitting. And when lying down, place them on a pillow. The Lord is ur strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good afternoon mamas. 
He is now sucking directly from breast and mehn he can suck oooooo!! He can suck!!!

In all I thank God cos it's better than him not eating at all. The pain and sleepless night is so worth it. 
Ilan is doing well, and we have been discharged. Just waiting to fill paperwork and get home to rest. 

Pls what can I do abt swollen feet? It's so bad it hurts to walk. My bp is normal

Cc
Thank God he's doing well and sucking well too. E sabi chop like him mama!
U may have cracked tips/areola likely from not positioning the brea.st well in his mouth. Lansinoh tip cream/any lanolin-based cream will help.
Also for the swollen feet, try to keep it elevated at all times. Put ur leg on a small stool when sitting. And when lying down, place them on a pillow. The Lord is ur strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
Waoh! Congratulations @ jaysmama,may God bless ur lo.
4.1kg, hmmmn u try o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
kiss @nwarosa , thank u

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
@ realdentist , yes its to stop contractions, but doc said its no longer necessary.
I didn't register elsewhere o, I no fit run up and down, since am on bed rest. I detest waiting in hospitals.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Loisemm:
It gets wider for sex, talk more delivery, and in both cases I believe it still contracts back after the deed, what I can't say is if it would still be exactly as tight as before post delivery since I haven't born before cheesy I'm sha sure it won't remain the size of a baby's head grin

I was looking forward to reading your diary then you packed up as suddenly as you started lol.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Got it last year at vatican pharmacy along ogunlana drive in surulere (masha)
I have forgotten d price o

dexterush:
Good day mamas,please who knows where I can get clomid in Lagos and the likely price,thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
@ realdentist , yes its to stop contractions, but doc said its no longer necessary.
I didn't register elsewhere o, I no fit run up and down, since am on bed rest. I detest waiting in hospitals.
OK. Why not have confidence in him n wean urself off d drug like he said. Observe urself closely n report back if u notice anything untoward.most importantly, remove fear from ur mind. Ur case is different. Another person's negative experience will not be urs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
realdentist:
OK. Why not have confidence in him n wean urself off d drug like he said. Observe urself closely n report back if u notice anything untoward.most importantly, remove fear from ur mind. Ur case is different. Another person's negative experience will not be urs.
I have already decided to do that, just that sometimes these docs trivialize things.
Thanks my sister. God Bless and thanks for reminding me that
#Mycaseisdifferent.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2017
All these mama's with dilating and contracting vaggy issues, I just dey read dey laff.
That place is specially made to be elastic, tho some women have said their hubs complained that it bcam loose after childbirth... but I think care for it after delivery matters to, I have heard kegel exercises help keep things firm, I would also want to believe that eating collagen boosting foods or supplements can maybe help, e.g fish , avocado, vitamin e, omega 3s etc.
Since collagen helps rebuild the skin and keeps it firm and youthful.
CC
Nicoleswizzi
Giddy person
Loisemm

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello mamas. We are 24 weeks gone and I have started shopping a little. Meanwhile, I have a question about blankets. On the list once posted here, there is receiving blanket, there is blanket then again there is blanket under sleep time. Abeg what's the difference and what does each of them look like please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2017
enque:
Got it last year at vatican pharmacy along ogunlana drive in surulere (masha)
I have forgotten d price o

OK,I know the place,will check for it
Thanks abunch
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2017
Sansa143:
Time to time!Last scan I did on d side showed growth there!
den talk to ur doc abt the possibility of delivering tru vj...let him tell u wat ur chances are...den u can also pray abt it...Dre's nothing God can't do.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2017
I can't poo cry
I'm so screwed cry cry
God if you help me deliver this poo, I promise never to eat this much udara again cry
I feel like I've been in Labour since yesterday and anus does not want to dilate enough to deliver this poo grin. Infact anus feels shut.
How can I induce this poo cry
I must deliver this thing this night cry
Can't sleep with it again today cry
Wish me luck cry cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
All these mama's with dilating and contracting vaggy issues, I just dey read dey laff.
That place is specially made to be elastic, tho some women have said their hubs complained that it bcam loose after childbirth... but I think care for it after delivery matters to, I have heard kegel exercises help keep things firm, I would also want to believe that eating collagen boosting foods or supplements can maybe help, e.g fish , avocado, vitamin e, omega 3s etc.
Since collagen helps rebuild the skin and keeps it firm and youthful.
CC
Nicoleswizzi
Giddy person
Loisemm
OK teamie tanx for d reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.