Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,868 members, 7,848,524 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8238556 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 10:27am On Mar 07, 2017
Cappo itssettled3 your BS is beautiful, God is truly faithful. That CS pain no be here. Just take it easy, don't stress at all, you'll feel much better before week 2. We plenty wey don free EBF. My LO sucked on and off from 12 till to 4 this morning, then took 90mls of formula before he calmed down. I just wan sleep now.

Team March you people didn't give me birthday mate. See life sad

Divie it happened to me too, in fact I think I've gone up one shoe size now cos some of my pre preggy shoes no enter me. Once bp is ok just elevate as much as you can, even when you are sleeping put them on pillows and buy sandals in bigger size. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2017
So sorry for your loss. God will restore and bring joy to your home

chizeal:
hello mamas, doh..nt strong yet, I.just want to.say a big thank you to all of you who remembered me,. won't.be able to.mentions n.names, iomoge2, Blesedmum,Ozscy,olammite,liftedhands,preeygee, and all d other wonderfu mamas,esof7, saw u ooo, may we Neva experience such again. I.CNT stil believey baby is.no more...life is not.fair oo

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 10:36am On Mar 07, 2017
divie:
A beg make una help me o,

Been suffering from swollen feet since last week Monday. I went to the hospital , BP is normal and no trace of protein in urine, what could be the cause? Am just 20 weeks gone for crying out loud and the swelling is just too much....I can't even wear slippers peacefully again.

A beg sabi mamas, make una help me with useful tips. Thank you.
Lol kpele the thing sef dey terrorize me..its too much of fluid in the body, drink lots of water...reduce ur salt intake...eat enough water melon and rest well...always raise ur legs wen sitting
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
queensnow:
abeg how u make am make me sef try am
Boil your yam(white)and mash!Make your sauce comprising of tomatoes,pepper,onions,fish n any ingredient u feel u can add(i added corned beef)Then mix d sauce wit the mashed yam n roll into balls!Coat wit flour first den egg and den fry!Datss all! grin grin!Make sure u send my share wen ur done!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmytee31: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thanks much. I'm actually thinking of next Monday.E be lyk say you sabi area wella. Oya nah lets collabo.☺
queensnow:
around tom cryJose side and u can follow through adeniji wen u get to cryadeniji the long straight road facing the round about walk down and ask pple, u will get whole saleschool there. I need a shopping partner wen would u love to go make we collabo grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
March 2017 Roll call for June 2017 mamas

God has been so good to us, he started the journey with us and here we are six months plus to seven months now. I know by now, we know the sex of our babies. I checked mine last weekend and is a Boy, I always wanted a boy to be my first and God perfected it. I dnt know how to start my buying, everything looks so attractive and nice. Mamas pls suggest what to buy so that we new mamas can learn. Before I forget my edd has changed to 17th and I believe it will still changed.

Nobledeals -------------
tiwatopebam ------------. EDD June 27/ team XY
Suzzy4God --------------- EDD June 8
Orente21 -------------------
Ariegurl -------------------. EDD June 12
Toriella --------------------
BlossomedCherry ----. EDD June 27/16
Burticious --------------- EDD June 19
Iyomomoreloaded ----
OmoLayo29 -------------
Rollykotex ----------------
Chinweotito -------------
Benignasweety --------
Mofy1 -----------------------
Perfectcrown -----------
Oamronnie _ _ _.

Many of us have not submitted our EDD and our team, are you team XY or team XX. For new mamas XY means boys and XX is for girls.
I pray for every mama that will give birth in this thread that we will give birth successfully, nobody knows how leaves falls on a tree nobody will the secret behind our births. We shall give birth like the Hebrew women, God will provide for all our needs, we shall all come out with our testimonies. June mama's no more loss, we will not record any death, both the fathers and mothers will be alive and sound. Oya June mama's come out and shout Amen. Love you all

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Sansa143:
Boil your yam(white)and mash!Make your sauce comprising of tomatoes,pepper,onions,fish n any ingredient u feel u can add(i added corned beef)Then mix d sauce wit the mashed yam n roll into balls!Coat wit flour first den egg and den fry!Datss all! grin grin!Make sure u send my share wen ur done!
thank u dear grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
Mama, how are you doing? Checking on you quote author=oamronnie post=53895306].
Thanks Ariegurl. So excited to be meeting my teamies. grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mofy1(f): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
tiwatopebam:

God has been so good to us, he started the journey with us and here we are six months plus to seven months now. I know by now, we know the sex of our babies. I checked mine last weekend and is a Boy, I always wanted a boy to be my first and God perfected it. I dnt know how to start my buying, everything looks so attractive and nice. Mamas pls suggest what to buy so that we new mamas can learn. Before I forget my edd has changed to 17th and I believe it will still changed.

Nobledeals -------------
Iyomomoreloaded ----
OmoLayo29 -------------
Benignasweety --------
Perfectcrown -----------
Oamronnie _ _ _.

Many of us have not submitted our EDD and our team, are you team XY or team XX. For new mamas XY means boys and XX is for girls.
I pray for every mama that will give birth in this thread that we will give birth successfully, nobody knows how leaves falls on a tree nobody will the secret behind our births. We shall give birth like the Hebrew women, God will provide for all our needs, we shall all come out with our testimonies. June mama's no more loss, we will not record any death, both the fathers and mothers will be alive and sound. Oya June mama's come out and shout Amen. Love you all
EDD 13th June sex not known yet. Tnx for the roll call cappo.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
temmytee31:
Thanks much. I'm actually thinking of next Monday.E be lyk say you sabi area wella. Oya nah lets collabo.☺
isokay na my email is sandichrist01@yahoo.ca
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
Noted,
mofy1:

EDD 13th June sex not known yet. Tnx for the roll call cappo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
My EDD is June 28. Thanks for the role call
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2017

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
chizeal:
hello mamas, doh..nt strong yet, I.just want to.say a big thank you to all of you who remembered me,. won't.be able to.mentions n.names, iom..oge2, Blesedmum,Ozscy,olammite,lifte.dhands,preeygee, and all d other wonderfu mamas,esof7, saw u ooo, may we Neva experience such again. I.CNT stil believey baby is.no more...life is not.fair oo

O dear! Stay strong! You will have a better come back. God is on your side. Soon you shall make your pregnancy announcement

take it easy ok *big hugs*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
temmytee31:
Hello Mamas in the house. Great to be here.
Please where can i do my baby shopping in Eko market or any suggested place around.
Also i ll appreciate Baby's list and what to pack for mum's hosp. bag. I already got an hosp. Delivery pack.
Thanks all
How big is your bump? Once you get to Idumota, and you are pregnant, there's this annoying set of women that would keep following you until you go crazy. Once you chase one, another one would come, they would be asking you 'Aunthy you want baby things, let's go to my shop'. Tell them you already have a customer but don't pursue them until they take you to Dosunmu market which is where they sell baby things cheesy then when you get there pursue them cuz nothing good comes from them. Ask for little me shop, that's where I did 90% of my shopping cuz I don't have energy to walk around neither do i enjoy haggling and they sell at set prices, and their prices seem fair. There's two little me shops there, you can visit both. Even if you don't want to buy there, just go there first to get a feel of the prices, then you can go to the other shops and bargain.

Mom's hospital bag
Panties
Underwear
wrapper or dressing gown
Maternity bras
Dettol/Toilet soap/sponge
bathroom slippers
6 Lady septs

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Licious07(f): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
Naomi14:
Welicome teamie! grin May God be praised! I will modify my last roll call and add up your name. Pls reply with baby's gender if you've checked. May God see us through
Amen and thank you........the gender is XY! smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
queensnow:
thank u dear grin
kiss kiss kiss,do send my share sha grin grin grin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
tiwatopebam:

Nobledeals -------------
Iyomomoreloaded ----
OmoLayo29 -------------
Benignasweety --------
Perfectcrown -----------
Oamronnie _ _ _.

EDD June 6th. Sex not yet known. I've been having leg cramps since last week, I guess my leg is preparing to carry load. It is well with everyone of us, we shall deliver safely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Thank you!! I was already thinking of checking stores in ikeja which I know will be more expensive.

Hello mama, were you able to get the stuffs there?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Ah, if you still feel pain when baby sucks, readjust the nipple shield.
When I first used it, I still felt pain the first time. But later on when I adjusted the position, it was not painful anymore.

Also you know even the baby will try to adjust to the nipple shield cos he's not used to it as its slightly bigger than normal nipple

OK thanks. I will try
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ariegurl(f): 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
tiwatopebam:

Nobledeals -------------
Iyomomoreloaded ----
OmoLayo29 -------------
Benignasweety --------
Perfectcrown -----------
Oamronnie _ _ _.

Amen IJMN. sex still unknown. hubby is saying I chilax till 30weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ariegurl(f): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
tiwatopebam:
Mama, how are you doing? Checking on you quote author=oamronnie post=53895306].
Thanks Ariegurl. So excited to be meeting my teamies. grin

am doing good CAppo, thanks.how is the kicking ministry going? hope u r enjoying it. We shall all carry to full terms IJMN AMEN.one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmytee31: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thanks so much Mama. Your name really depicts you. You be 'gidi person' for real. Let me just follow whoever approaches me for patronage till i get to Dosunmu market and locate little me. No sweat.
Giddyperson:

How big is your bump? Once you get to Idumota, and you are pregnant, there's this annoying set of women that would keep following you until you go crazy. Once you chase one, another one would come, they would be asking you 'Aunthy you want baby things, let's go to my shop'. Tell them you already have a customer but don't pursue them until they take you to Dosunmu market which is where they sell baby things cheesy then when you get there pursue them cuz nothing good comes from them. Ask for little me shop, that's where I did 90% of my shopping cuz I don't have energy to walk around neither do i enjoy haggling and they sell at set prices, and their prices seem fair. There's two little me shops there, you can visit both. Even if you don't want to buy there, just go there first to get a feel of the prices, then you can go to the other shops and bargain.

Mom's hospital bag
Panties
Underwear
wrapper or dressing gown
Maternity bras
bathroom slippers
6 Lady septs

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzzy4God(f): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thanks for the roll call @June cappo.Amen to the prayers,we shall all carry to term and deliver safely IJN,amen.No one shall replace us to take care of our lovely children ,mothers alive,babies alive,fathers alive all rejoicing, amen. It seems June babies held meeting not to show their sex yet,sex unknown for now. Well done cappo.I'm doing fine if not for one boil in my anus.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orente21(f): 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
tiwatopebam:

God has been so good to us, he started the journey with us and here we are six months plus to seven months now.Amen Love you all
Weldone cappo. My edd dey change, i av June 3 accordin 2 LMP,June 1st accordin 2first scan at 15weeks, 20weeks scan May 30, last week scan May 18. i measure 28weeks&sum days instead of 26wk&sum days wit LMP. Dnt knw wich one 2pick. Sex is XX. Hospital list shopping completed. Tiredness is now my 2nd name.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crystalzoe: 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good day mamas. I am the president of peepers association!I'm a march mama. Been following this thread since June last year. I put to bed a baby boy on the 1st of march. This thread was my companion thru out my preg Joni. I want to share my experience to encourage others.
My LMP was 8th June 2016. By July I saw that my tummy was just too big for a month preggy so I went for a scan at 7weeks and was told I had fibroid coexisting with baby. They were four in number with the biggest measuring 13mm*10mm. I was devastated and so scared. At 16weeks my uterus was measuring 28weeks. I was told by a sonographer that it would be a miracle to carry this preg to term. I replied him that my name is miracle. At 17 weeks I experienced the worst pain of my life at that time FIBROID DEGENERATION. I was bed ridden for 2 months and had to stop taking on jobs cos I'm a contractor. Every scan showed that the fibroids were growing at an alarming rate at a point d fibroid was bigger thanmy baby. I was that pregnant woman who at 6months looked like she.would give birth any minute. then i developed preg induced hypertension. I was closely monitored n strictly told to rest all d time

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kendlez(f): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
Just want to share this testimony to encourage someone.
Gave birth few weeks ago to a baby girl. The pregnancy was smooth (2nd pregnancy) but fast forward to 41 weeks and baby was not forth coming ( pls note that I had tried everything from walking long miles, having plenty sex, eating pineapple, eating banana, walking staircase, dancing, rocking of my 4's, using a breast pump to stimulate my nipple etc) so I went to the hospital and I was checked by a consultant and she said my cervix was still totally shut and there was no sign of labour kicking off soon. Was booked for induction on a Monday (she did the VE on friday and said IT was weekend so I should go and come back on Monday for the induction.) 2ND consultant had same opinion (I had two consultants seeing me in the general hospital I registered)
I went home and cried to God again as I had been crying to Him for labour to come naturally. First off, we were really broke during this period and could barely afford paying the bills for the induction talk more of paying for the CS should in case IT fails.
That weekend I repeated all the tricks I could lay hands on but none triggered labour. So on sunday afternoon, my MIL came so she would go with me for the induction the next day (she is a midwife and had worked in that general hospital before retiring)

Later that sunday evening, while I and my MIL were gisting, i told her how I had tried all I could to induce labour naturally to no avail but though i haven't tried castor oil because of the effects Ihad read online that it has. She said she would place a few calls to know if we could give it a shot. She called one of the consultants at the hospital where i attend ante-natal and he said I shouldnt take it; she then called two midwives which were both of the opinion that i tried it. After much deliberations, we decided to give it a shot.

So my husband went to a pharmacy and bought the castor oil with oranges. we mixed almost half the bottle of castor oil with orange, prayed and asked God to show himself strong. That the castor oil should be a means for him to give me a testimony and I drank it and then we waited patiently see what will happen next. 2 hours, there was no sign of diarrhea etc. 3 hrs later, I started feeling cramps, an hr later the cramps were still there and getting more intense but still we were not sure they were real labour pains because I had cramps on and off since I was 38 weeks which turned out to be nothing and they were consistent in their timing but disappeared after some hours.

My MIL decided to check me if I was dilating but nothing. We had given hope and concluded the cramps were just the effects of the castor oil I drank when I felt an urge to vomit; before i could get out of bed and get to the bathroom i had vomited all over our bedroom. That was when my husband decided we should head to the hospital. This was all happening around 11pm. As we were about to leave; right at the door, my water broke and before we could say jack, my baby's head was already coming out. we had to go back inside and my MIL took the delivery.

We were all panicked but God was faithful. No tear etc. Everything went well and fast and the next morning i went to the hospital no longer for the induction but to weigh my baby, take bcg, get checked etc. My consultant that booked me for induction was so shocked. It could only be God.

I know it is not the castor oil but God. It was just something God used to show himself faithful.

So just in case theres someone here already loosing hope, be encouraged, light is on the way. God wants to give you a testimony. He will come true for you. Just hang in there......

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crystalzoe: 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
My edd according to LMP was 15th March and scan gave 12th March. By my 37th week my consultant started talking abt inducing labor cos of the bp ish. I had an open mind all I wanted was my little one in my arms. I went for my antenatal at 38weeks and right there in d doctors office I began to have palpitations. My bp was rechecked and it had gone up. Immediately d doctor told me I was going to be admitted and labor induced since I was term already. He did a membrane sweep and sent me to the antenatal ward. By the next morning 28th Feb the 1st tab was inserted and my first ve done.it was painful but endurable.by 4pm I was only2cm dilated. The second tab was inserted that was when I knew the definition of labor. By 11 pm I was throwing up and just 4cm gone. That's when I knew it was going to b a long nyt. I was moved to labor ward

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
tiwatopebam:

Nobledeals -------------
Iyomomoreloaded ----
OmoLayo29 -------------
Benignasweety --------
Perfectcrown -----------
Oamronnie _ _ _.

Present ma. My EDD is June 28. If it changes,i'll let u kn. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Is that area called dosunmu? Close to where they sell wristwatch in whole sales, nails, door equipment and stuff like that
Giddyperson:

Mom's hospital bag
Panties
Underwear
wrapper or dressing gown
Maternity bras
bathroom slippers
6 Lady septs
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Evening all,na only me d get dis swollen feet of a thing?Not as if I went anywhere 2day oh,i slept wit dem on a pillow,had dem elevated while sitting but it still looks swollen,am beginning to tink na permanent swelling cry cry cry!I no even fit wear my slippers talk more of shoe sef,i haf tire!Na only me waka come cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
queensnow:
Is that area called dosunmu? Close to where they sell wristwatch in whole sales, nails, door equipment and stuff like that
Yeah Clocks and stuff, the street where there's kekes loading at the entrance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.