Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157621 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) (3143) (3144) (3145) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oyinmama(f): 2:53am On Jun 10, 2017
@ capo phlakkeys and my #TeamJuly mates....I don port to June to ooo!!! Birth alert and birth story....

My pregnancy was the roughest to say the least....after a 12 year break....with an EDD of July 26, I was just counting down and could not wait for all the preggie symptoms to disappear!! My hubby and two daughters aged 14 and 12 were my strongest support ever.

I moved to a new country just last week, resumed June 1 and luckily hubby came along to settle.me down. Only for the second jigijigi to occur throughout this pregnancy to take place two nights ago and low and behold, my waters broke and I poured all night.....I was crying all through and hubby blamed himself all night for initiating cool cool

Fast forward to yesterday morning, reported to the hospital that had been recommended to me in my new city of abode, and for the scan to reveal that there was little or no amniotic fluid left o....inmediate management was to bring my baby out ASAP...at 33 weeks plus 2 days o.....via CS as they didn't even want to risk a vaginal delivery to avoid trauma or infection to baby. Despite my being a medical doctor, I cried myself silly and have been worried all night about possible complications of delivery at this stage including the possibility of a NICU stay for baby and my fear of CS as my first two were vaginal at 37+ May I advise at this point not to let too much Google mess up our heads.....I read up the good, bad and ugly and was scared silly . I was given steroid shots to aid baby's lungs and also commenced on prophylactic antibiotics and CS scheduled for 1300 hours today. To God be all the glory my people, following start of surgery, baby was our in roughly 3 minutes and yelled his lungs out. On examination by the receiving paediatrician, we were informed he had a fantastic Apgar score of 9, all was good and there was not the slightest indication for NICU stay for even a second....my people.....I was shedding tears on the surgery table of gratitude to God for His mercies indeed last forever

Baby is sleeping peacefully right now, I am still on an adrenaline high and wide awake....what more can I ask for an early 40th birthday present?

To my #TeamJuly team members; I hate to leave, but I guess Baba God decided otherwise #TeamJune am I welcome? XY delivered June 9, 2017. God bless us all!! kiss kiss

68 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 10, 2017
It's part of the package. Lack of calcium, potassium and magnesium might be the cause sometimes. Sorry eh!
Trendytessy:
pls mamas what causes muscle strain on d leg.. it happens weneva I sleep and try to stretch. The pain ain't funny at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 10, 2017
Wow! A great miracle. Congrats ma'am! All glory be to God! He does wonders.
oyinmama:
To God be all the glory my people, following start of surgery, baby was our in roughly 3 minutes and yelled his lungs out. On examination by the receiving paediatrician, we were informed he had a fantastic Apgar score of 9, all was good and there was not the slightest indication for NICU stay for even a second....my people.....I was shedding tears on the surgery table of gratitude to God for His mercies indeed last forever

Baby is sleeping peacefully right now, I am still on an adrenaline high and wide awake....what more can I ask for an early 40th birthday present?

To my #TeamJuly team members; I hate to leave, but I guess Baba God decided otherwise #TeamJune am I welcome? XY delivered June 9, 2017. God bless us all!! kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 3:37am On Jun 10, 2017
congrats mama, you are welcome to June, we wish you speedy recovery.
oyinmama:
@ capo phlakkeys and my #TeamJuly mates....I don port to June to ooo!!! Birth alert and birth story....

My pregnancy was the roughest to say the least....after a 12 year break....with an EDD of July 26, I was just counting down and could not wait for all the preggie symptoms to disappear!! My hubby and two daughters aged 14 and 12 were my strongest support ever.

I moved to a new country just last week, resumed June 1 and luckily hubby came along to settle.me down. Only for the second jigijigi to occur throughout this pregnancy to take place two nights ago and low and behold, my waters broke and I poured all night.....I was crying all through and hubby blamed himself all night for initiating cool cool

Fast forward to yesterday morning, reported to the hospital that had been recommended to me in my new city of abode, and for the scan to reveal that there was little or no amniotic fluid left o....inmediate management was to bring my baby out ASAP...at 33 weeks plus 2 days o.....via CS as they didn't even want to risk a vaginal delivery to avoid trauma or infection to baby. Despite my being a medical doctor, I cried myself silly and have been worried all night about possible complications of delivery at this stage including the possibility of a NICU stay for baby and my fear of CS as my first two were vaginal at 37+ May I advise at this point not to let too much Google mess up our heads.....I read up the good, bad and ugly and was scared silly . I was given steroid shots to aid baby's lungs and also commenced on prophylactic antibiotics and CS scheduled for 1300 hours today. To God be all the glory my people, following start of surgery, baby was our in roughly 3 minutes and yelled his lungs out. On examination by the receiving paediatrician, we were informed he had a fantastic Apgar score of 9, all was good and there was not the slightest indication for NICU stay for even a second....my people.....I was shedding tears on the surgery table of gratitude to God for His mercies indeed last forever

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ariegurl(f): 4:12am On Jun 10, 2017
oyinmama:

Awww, congrats ma. may God bless ur DS. Welcome to team June. I wish u quick recovery IJMN AMEN

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 4:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Congratulations mama God o wonders
oyinmama:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2017
teamie, how far? haven't heard from you since Thursday you don born, oya Sama us with your BA.
mofy1:

Tnx Able cappo. I will bear it till tomorrow morning and will go straight to the hospital. Though the contraction is like 30 to 20minute apart. But it's bearable.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:06am On Jun 10, 2017
winningbt:

thanks my edd is October 8th, I'm team surprise
Welcome mama to d team with grace and unlimited favour....May your stay be joyful and fruitful.

Mamas incase u don't no, we have just 2 teams I'm 2017...Team October and others, my teammate full grand brekete.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by winningbt: 7:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Welcome mama to d team with grace and unlimited favour....May your stay be joyful and fruitful.

Mamas incase u don't no, we have just 2 teams I'm 2017...Team October and others, may teammate full grand brekete.
lol thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by clinik: 7:18am On Jun 10, 2017
oyinmama:

Congratulations dear teamie,even though u ported but glad it ended in praise. love to ur DS.. #teamjuly

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2017
Wonderful testimonies
Congrats mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Licious07(f): 8:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Bs! BS!! BS!!!
First of all,apologies for posting my BS late,been feeling guilty for owing it.....
On the 23rd of May,I woke up and noticed I had blood stains. I read up and saw it's normal and according to antenatal,it's my bloody show. It continued for days and it gradually turned to worry. I went to the hospital and was told I was still at 2cm which I had been for a while. I was admitted to be monitored but since I didn't dilate pass 2cm,I was discharged. The contractions continued and hence bloody show continued. I went for my antenatal visit on the 30th and doctor insisted that I should be induced as I had passed my EDD. I agreed immediately and asked for an epidural to be on standby since I've heard lots of stories on how painful induction is. Lol
Fast forward to 12am,2 tabs of Cytotec were placed under my tongue n gbam contraction started getting intensified! The backache was indescribable. SO massaged tire and at some point the massage started feeling like needles. The doctor came to check by 3am and I was just at 3cm so he couldn't administer the epidural. He said he'll come back by 7am to check. By 5:30am thereabout I started screaming my lungs out that I want to poo!! The midwives hesitated n told me not to attempt it. I couldn't hold it back n kept screaming. She checked me and said I am fully dilated. I had passed the window for the epidural to be administered. They called the doctor and he came hurriedly. After 3 pushes my Prince Charming came out screaming on the 31st of May at 6:07am with a tear weighing 3.6kg. He was diagnosed with jaundice and spent a few days in the hospital but we are home now and doing very fine. His name is Jordan. Apologies once more for the delayed bs.
Cc Cappo Naomi14

34 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nana228(f): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2017
Adekunlebabs:
Good evening house, been a silent follower and i must say this forum had been helpful. Please how safe is it to deliver at 37 weeks via cs., is the baby ready for delivery, has anyone gone through this? Im so scared. Would love to hear from the house. God bless.

It is extremely SAFE! I'll be having mine at the same 37weeks too(next week,God's grace). Infact,i jad my first baby at 36weeks without any health issue.

Dnt worry,God is in charge. Your Doc suggested it right? Have u had previous surgery?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hebrewbirths: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Pweetiebabe:

Mamas incase u don't no, we have just 2 teams I'm 2017...Team October and others, my teammate full grand brekete.

Cappo Pweetiebabe Oshey! U are very mouthed. @ Winningbt mama u are welcome, wetin cappo talk na true o. na we be the best team o.

@ Oyinmama I congratulate you on ur bundle of joy. God bless and keep u and urs. Thank God for foreign NICU, abeg them try.

#teamoctoberfornolossandswiftdelivery

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2017
oyinmama:
@ capo phlakkeys and my #TeamJuly mates....I don port to june

This God is too good o. I rejoice with you. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tara5: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2017
can one get pregnant through pre-intimacy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Toriella: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2017
Bs!!!
My prince charming made his grand entrance on the 6th of June. This pregnancy has been smooth so far. But due to the previous pregnancy with DD via C-section,I started experiencing pain at the incision site as the pregnancy progressed. When the pain became unbearable I complained to my doc.He told us to watch if the pain persisted and becomes unbearable then he will need to give steroids to aid baby lungs.Steroids was administered at 32 weeks when the pain persisted. He then scheduled me for the procedure by 35 weeks. But I was believing God to get to 37 weeks cos I couldn't imagine giving birth to a preterm baby couple with the fact that I was running my Msc project. Fast forward to June 1,i went to the clinic and met with the doc he then gave the 6th of June for the procedure to be carried out in order for us to be on a safe side. As God will have it I was admitted on the 5th of June and on the 6th the procedure was successfully carried out and my DS was brought out weighing 2.9kg.Wishing all the remaining June mama's and all pregnant mama's safe delivery.
Cc capo tiwatopebam.

29 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Darsty99: 10:09am On Jun 10, 2017
hunniesuzie:
My 2 cents
Don't leave your baby with a nanny at home, talkless of a teenager that has other things she's thinking about. Please I beg you. 2 options though:
1. Hubs can sacrifice the car for you (If you drive), problem with this is you'll be carrying your baby long distance and with traffic and traffic robbers in this Lagos it's not a good idea
2. What I did. Find a creche near the house, You and hubs leave home together and drop the baby (Or hubs drops her/him if he doesn't want to leave same time with you). Then either of you pick up after you close (most likely your DH since he may get home earlier). This saves your baby stress from Lagos waka. I suggest you find a good creche and start your LO a week or 2 before you resume (a few hours everyday not the full day) to ensure both you and the baby adjust because separation anxiety is a serious thing and it showed me pepper grin

@ spiceemiee. Pls follow hunniesuzzie's advice. I had d same question abt 2 mths ago too. We eventually found a good creche on my street. I just come n pick my LO after work and we stroll home. The good thg is d caregiver uses her house for creche wch leaves room for flexibility..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2017
oyinmama:

Yiiiipeee! Congrats mana. May d Lord watch over yr lo. Pls ensure u rest ma.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Seen! thank you ma'am better late than never. grin very fast delivery. All glory to God
Licious07:
Bs! BS!! BS!!!
First of all,apologies for posting my BS late,been feeling guilty for owing it.....
On the 23rd of May,I woke up and noticed I had blood stains. I read up and saw it's normal and according to antenatal,it's my bloody show. It continued for days and it gradually turned to worry. I went to the hospital and was told I was still at 2cm which I had been for a while. I was admitted to be monitored but since I didn't dilate pass 2cm,I was discharged. The contractions continued and hence bloody show continued. I went for my antenatal visit on the 30th and doctor insisted that I should be induced as I had passed my EDD. I agreed immediately and asked for an epidural to be on standby since I've heard lots of stories on how painful induction is. Lol
Fast forward to 12am,2 tabs of Cytotec were placed under my tongue n gbam contraction started getting intensified! The backache was indescribable. SO massaged tire and at some point the massage started feeling like needles. The doctor came to check by 3am and I was just at 3cm so he couldn't administer the epidural. He said he'll come back by 7am to check. By 5:30am thereabout I started screaming my lungs out that I want to poo!! The midwives hesitated n told me not to attempt it. I couldn't hold it back n kept screaming. She checked me and said I am fully dilated. I had passed the window for the epidural to be administered. They called the doctor and he came hurriedly. After 3 pushes my Prince Charming came out screaming on the 31st of May at 6:07am with a tear weighing 3.6kg. He was diagnosed with jaundice and spent a few days in the hospital but we are home now and doing very fine. His name is Jordan. Apologies once more for the delayed bs.
Cc Cappo Naomi14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmmm Interestinggrin grin grin grin grin grin come and register here. Congratulations cheesy
Tara5:
can one get pregnant through pre-intimacy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tiwatopebam(f): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2017
congratulations teamim may God bec with your Lo. this baby will be a professor oo. givingnbirth to while studying .
Toriella:
Bs!!!
My prince charming made his grand entrance on the 6th of June. This pregnancy has been smooth so far. But due to the previous pregnancy with DD via C-section,I started experiencing pain at the incision site as the pregnancy progressed. When the pain became unbearable I complained to my doc.He told us to watch if the pain persisted and becomes unbearable then he will need to give steroids to aid baby lungs.Steroids was administered at 32 weeks when the pain persisted. He then scheduled me for the procedure by 35 weeks. But I was believing God to get to 37 weeks cos I couldn't imagine giving birth to a preterm baby couple with the fact that I was running my Msc project. Fast forward to June 1,i went to the clinic and met with the doc he then gave the 6th of June for the procedure to be carried out in order for us to be on a safe side. As God will have it I was admitted on the 5th of June and on the 6th the procedure was successfully carried out and my DS was brought out weighing 2.9kg.Wishing all the remaining June mama's and all pregnant mama's safe delivery.
Cc capo tiwatopebam.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2017
Damsel21:
Good evening all,
Am 6wks gone today but am not having any pregnancy symptoms only that I sleep more than before. My p test reads +tive,duo am still spotting due to d stress I went thru ystdy I had a severe lowal abdominal pain last night hubby is that kind of pompous guy that believes house work and cooking is meant for a woman so I can't observe d total bed rest I was given.my in laws don't want me to go to the hospital.my health is scaring me.that's y I want to ask
Is d no symptoms normal in some pregnancy?
Shld I suggest going to my family for proper health care?
My hubby is a mum favorite he's making things difficult for emotionaly

Abeg go hospital. There is no need to involve the world in seeing a doc. You are not registering for ante natal just to. Be sure the baby is well n you.all the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Congrats to all new mums.#Team June. God bless you all with wonderful BS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2017
Congrats teamie oyinmama, such a wonderful BS. May ur DS be a source of joy to your home.
On a side note sha, pls what jigijigi is safe for this period?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Got the 5 years for the same reason. Actually Giddyperson they do a very small cut then push the implant in but you don't feel it cos the area is numbed. It's also under your skin so it's only 1 layer that is cut. The injection is every 2 months or 3 months depending on the one you take. Hormonal contraception (both the implant and injection are the same hormones) affects people in different ways. Some people don't see their periods, some get very heavy periods. Some people get fat, some lose weight. If you don't like the idea of hormones IUD is your best option. But me I wasn't ready for anyone to put anything up there at the time

Chai, all dix procedures are scary o... Abstinance is d key wink , withdrawal method or condom use abeg...

Lemme not use my hand, by myself, for myself and mess with my hormones wey fit make me begin ttc wen I go kum need to born another one...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hyphee(f): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Congrats oyinmama on the birth of ur DS, may he always be a source of joy to your family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2017
Benignasweety:
Chai, all dix procedures are scary o... Abstinance is d key wink , withdrawal method or condom use abeg...

Lemme not use my hand, by myself, for myself and mess with my hormones wey fit make me begin ttc wen I go kum need to born another one...
You sound like my husband, no be only abstinence and withdrawal. How's your hp btw
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2017
oyinmama:

Nice testimony, every month dey get early and late porters sha... Congrats on d birth of your lo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hebrewbirths: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2017
Benignasweety:

u have a point o mama benignasweety.

I had such experience with the injection one o I took after my first child, it took divine intervention before I could conceive my second child. since then I swore off hormone methods. although some people said its because I didn't stop taking it early enuf before TTC. but I enjoyed the no period thing for almost 2yrs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
Giddyperson:

You sound like my husband, no be only abstinence and withdrawal. How's your hp btw
Lol.. ur hubby is right nah.. Besides if God wan dash u pikin, if u like scrap off your womb, d pikin must show and if God chooses you wouldnt have another after your last, even without birthcontrol, u no fit catch even sunfly...

Ma'am I dont know watz hp o, but am finegrin, Zion is gud cheesy, and daddy tydi is awsome kiss... My episitiomy site doesnt hurt again but I still feel d hole when I do sit bathe, maybe it will close back, maybe not, am still scared to look at dat side for now again..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) (3143) (3144) (3145) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.