Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8139599 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
kaffy4bill:

Covers face....
I still dey naija oo my sis
The struggle is real
How are you and family?
My warm regards to all

One love always

It's well my sister. We will definitely survive n b come out of this recession. Regards to ur family too. Abeg, once once dey show face. We miss ur advice wella.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Advice needed mamas.....

It's a tough call. The fact that you are spending close to half of the pay on transport is not really encouraging but then, the change will really go a long way to buy a few things for baby. If you can hold out a little until you go for maternity leave, at least, have a little cash at hand. Then you resign and get something else after baby comes, except if you have something else doing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2017
queenhecate:

For where? I saw her delivering her pearls of wisdom in a thread in family section. She was saying that after she put to bed, she will find a lover to be servicing her as her husband is lackadaisical in that area. I read her/his comments and concluded that she was either a troll or a delusional being. Pitied her/ him really.

Lollllzzzz.... AMERICANA go gree deactivate? Ifahear! Thk God u read her posts too. She prefers claiming relevance in other threads. She no fit try dt ezobu attitude 4 here.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2017
booqee:
this question has been bothering me..

in this modern day, what exactly do u do with the placenta? is it OK to leave it at the hospital?

I know in old times, they give it to the parent..in which some bury it or whatever way to prevent it from getting in "wicked people's hand"..

I've been wondering what to do with it when the time comes, cos it's not something u just wanna throw in the dustbin like that ..and burying is not really an option especially when everywhere is cemented.
can u leave it in the hospital for them to destroy and dispose it them self?

u know this is Africa.. and we are kinda kinda too religious in this part of the continent hence the question..

The hospital does that for me every time.
Some of these our superstitions are just ridiculous.

The other day I opened a compartment in an old box of mine and found a piece of my second daughter's umbilical cord, which I had wrapped in newspaper and sealed in a plastic bag. It made me laugh so hard because the girl is five now. At the time, I had no idea what to do with the cord so I just did the first thing I thought of, wrap the stuff and shove it in a box.
It's still there, by the way, along with the cord of my three year old son cheesy ; cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
CheeryChy:

It's a tough call. The fact that you are spending close to half of the pay on transport is not really encouraging but then, the change will really go a long way to buy a few things for baby. If you can hold out a little until you go for maternity leave, at least, have a little cash at hand. Then you resign and get something else after baby comes, except if you have something else doing.
My sis na DAT transport self dey do me one kind, and seriously I no won work for 1 and half or 2months den stop again(cos to get teacher half of d term might nt b dat easy for dem)and God knows I no fit go back after delivery o cos d school gives only 41days mat leave with no pay and if u wish to extend ur mat leave to 2 months dey are OK with it just don't expect shishi o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Seriously sis for now no other source of income o, but am thinking of going into whole sales recharge card for d main time cos I noticed no one is selling ard my area, people transport demselves out to get it DH already made enquiries but I no just get d explanation he's giving o, so thinking of going to a guy DAT print and make enquiries myself.

Seriously, this is a tough 1. IMO, do not resign yet buh still start the wholesale recharge card business n let ur hubby handle it 4 nw. Then u weight n see which brings in more funds. I pray God blesses ur business cos to be a teacher wthout being pregnant is nt easy nt to talk of being pregnant and to top insult to injury, only transport v consumed 50% of salary. God is ur strength sis. I'll advice don't b in a haste 2 enter the business n resigning right nw. The way this country is right nw it takes only the strong n not giving up attitude to survive in a business in this country right nw.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Seriously sis for now no other source of income o, but am thinking of going into whole sales recharge card for d main time cos I noticed no one is selling ard my area, people transport demselves out to get it DH already made enquiries but I no just get d explanation he's giving o, so thinking of going to a guy DAT print and make enquiries myself.

The conditions on that job are honestly not realistic for you. I teach too.
A business you can do from home will suit you at this period. Besides, baby is coming. If you can kill both birds with one stone by caring for your little one while earning money comfortably from home, do it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DEllaluv(f): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
kelizosuy:
Sabi mamas I hail oh.This talk about choking hand inside someone's body to clean after delivery is doing me gra gra in my body oh.

No be only you o

On the other hand I'd like to appreciate all the mamas in house,y'all are really the definition of being your sisters' keeper...God bless you all

I don carry my wahala come again, I keep having this waist pain,it comes and goes but real painful, please any remedy

Never knew one could register for antenatal in a different hospital and give birth in another (TrendyTessy could you please help with the price of antenatal reg. at The Assumpta maternity,plus,is the Doc General practice?

Proudmom38 I think we might be on the same team though I no even know how to calculate. You sha get luck say na every 3hrs you dey chop,mine is like every hour.The day I tried to postpone eating, I almost fainted and when I ate,ah,it was like nothing was entering, belle no gree full.

Biko,another one is skineal,saw on the newborn thread that its not safe for babies,so I got scared and stopped using the one I got,but the pimples on my face are just so painful,should I continue using it?

Please mamas, biko help a Sister
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks to all mamas wey chuk mouth for my mata o, may God in his infinite mercy reward us bountifully ooo.

On a serious note all d mamas wey get dairies here shd do fast and update before I report una to Oga seun, I dey just reload and parading d dairy section since.

Ahnie(mama with d isoko eyes)
Zaynie
Beyedew
Giddyperson
Benignasweety
poshestmina
Our ogi drinking mama(I no mention anyone's name o)
Arihodo(don't maybe ayam correct with d spelling)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by laura23: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
MS has dissapeared. feeling energetic. i hope it stays so.
havent registered for antenatal yet, thinkng of starting 2nd week in september.
how good is GH ifako Ijaiye, or if there is anyone that can be recommended, will appreciate it. proximity is key, i live around iyana ipaja axis.

may God keep us safe.

lioha:
Team February how are we doing?

Morning sickness is gradually releasing us I hope, since most of us are now in the second trimester. Pls how many of us have registered for antenatal

Rhukkie
Bloomingbud
Booqee
lioha
Demiiii
Rollykotex
Anak123
Mzkolawole
Bomgirl
Kweenkong
McPerry
Nancyij
Laura23
Completey

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MercyMercy(f): 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
It's a good decision since no one is doing it there. But still, don't resign yet.
Pls make all the enquiries you can. Wholesale is different from Retail selling. You really need to strategize...not also forgetting you will be the only one handling it before employing someone (except you already have someone staying with you who is assisting).
All in all sha, think deep about the whole thing and I trust the Holy Spirit to direct you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by euphorbia(f): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
proudmom38:

OK Ma thank u. How is giddybaby?

On a lighter note this pregnancy is doing me strong thing. I can't stay without food for 3hrs e go be like say I wan faint n no be say I go eat plenty o. The worst is after eating I will be so uncomfortable with gas, I'm just 5wks gone . Team April na only me Waka come?
not only you ooooo. I already have a big stomach but its gas oo......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
My sis na DAT transport self dey do me one kind, and seriously I no won work for 1 and half or 2months den stop again(cos to get teacher half of d term might nt b dat easy for dem)and God knows I no fit go back after delivery o cos d school gives only 41days mat leave with no pay and if u wish to extend ur mat leave to 2 months dey are OK with it just don't expect shishi o.

Hmmmmm, 41 days mat leave with no pay? Not encouraging at all. So all the time you'll spend at home, no shishi will enter your pocket. It's almost as if you're unemployed already, because you'll only earn income for at most 2 months and then no more income till whenever you resume with them again. The working conditions are not favorable IMHO. Cool and convenient for the school, not cool for you the employee at all.

My dear, just follow your heart. You already seem at home with resigning. You can use this time to structure and stabilize the biz before baby comes. However be ready to make sacrifices and patch up on the home front financially until business hits the ground running. If you can get someone to assist you, that'll be good.

@ElmaSpeed, lmao. See collection of cords o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Thanks to all mamas wey chuk mouth for my mata o, may God in his infinite mercy reward us bountifully ooo.

On a serious note all d mamas wey get dairies here shd do fast and update before I report una to Oga seun, I dey just reload and parading d dairy section since.

Zaynie
Beyedew
Giddyperson
Benignasweety
poshestmina
Vex and go and start your own diary let us read tongue

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
sassyangel1:

Lollllzzzz.... AMERICANA go gree deactivate? Ifahear! Thk God u read her posts too. She prefers claiming relevance in other threads. She no fit try dt ezobu attitude 4 here.
My aproko antenna turned on and I checked, and truly she has deactivated. Maybe to return with a different moniker. It's such a pity cos her weird posts really used to make me laugh. grin
Please Americana nwam, if you're back, abeg show yourself... grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2017
ElmaSpeed:

The hospital does that for me every time.
Some of these our superstitions are just ridiculous.

The other day I opened a compartment in an old box of mine and found a piece of my second daughter's umbilical cord, which I had wrapped in newspaper and sealed in a plastic bag. It made me laugh so hard because the girl is five now. At the time, I had no idea what to do with the cord so I just did the first thing I thought of, wrap the stuff and shove it in a box.
It's still there, by the way, along with the cord of my three year old son cheesy ; cheesy cheesy
Are you in Nigeria cuz i asked my hospital people to help dispose mine and they said they don't. My hubby was forming we can dispose of it ourselves only for him to later go and dump it in the thrash. I think hospitals should be responsible for it even if you have to sign a disclaimer
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:

Zaynie
Beyedew
Giddyperson
Benignasweety
poshestmina

Lemme add for u go Nd this mama diaries too
Prettyhurts
Anugod
Nimi22
iomoge2.. kiss tongue

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
Good day gbogbo ile oh
I was preparing for work on Monday wen I suddenly blank out. I vomit sotey, belle begin pain me and d vomit was bitter. E remain make I vomit my intestine out wen my vision became so blurred that I couldn't see anything again. D next I see sha, I was in hospital with drips and injections passing through my veins cry
Baby's HB was continually monitored, while I was treated for malaria. Doctor says I'm low on blood and recommend strict bed rest! D leave I've been reserving till year end now has to be altered embarassed

To d Glory of Almighty God, I've been discharged from hospital since yesterday, I'm back on my feet and baby Gold is still practicing d womb skills there grin

But I'm d only one home and grilled shicken is seriously hungrying me, e dakun epp my situation cry cry

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pweetiebabe:

haba! 41 days mat leave and no pay? Initially I was going.to say wait till after 1st term but with this info hmm... my dear I won't blame you if you resign.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
Anugod:
My aproko antenna turned on and I checked, and truly she has deactivated. Maybe to return with a different moniker. It's such a pity cos her weird posts really used to make me laugh. grin
Please Americana nwam, if you're back, abeg show yourself... grin

I believe she's reading dis ur post ATM and using her left mind to curse u grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
Really? They did mine oh. Matron said they incinerate but first option is to hand it over to the husband to avoid stories that touch. Hubs said they should go ahead and dispose and they said ok

Giddyperson:
Are you in Nigeria cuz i asked my hospital people to help dispose mine and they said they don't. My hubby was forming we can dispose of it ourselves only for him to later go and dump it in the thrash. I think hospitals should be responsible for it even if you have to sign a disclaimer
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Goldenheart002:

I believe she's reading dis ur post ATM and using her left mind to curse u grin
Lmao grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Really? They did mine oh. Matron said they incinerate but first option is to hand it over to the husband to avoid stories that touch. Hubs said they should go ahead and dispose and they said ok

I wish. Anyway it was one small nurse that gave me mine and I refused to collect it like eww wth. It's bad enough that they tried to place my baby on my body without bathing her first grin with all that gunky amniotic fluid remnant. I'm so easily irritated. grin. Anyway hubby sha collected the placenta when I refused, maybe if he hadn't, she would have taken it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
the private has always been consistent. The scan I did at 16wks gave me Oct 24th as my edd and my lmp is oct22nd. The private hospital did another scan and it still corresponded with my normal Edd. I
casler:

Why the inconsistency on number of weeks, the private did they carryout another scan.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
The working condition in this country is so appalling. i once worked in a place where if u r nt feeling fine n u decide to take urself to the hospital and pay hospital bills from ur pocket, ur salary 4 d month will be deducted from the number of days u didn't come to the office even after calling n informing the office of the situation dt made u nt to come to the office. I really dunno wen Nigeria will be great again cos the wickedness in this land is sooo deep.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
lioha:
Team February how are we doing?

Morning sickness is gradually releasing us I hope, since most of us are now in the second trimester. Pls how many of us have registered for antenatal

Rhukkie
Bloomingbud
Booqee
lioha
Demiiii
Rollykotex
Anak123
Mzkolawole
Bomgirl
Kweenkong
McPerry
Nancyij
Laura23
Completey
MS has not really released me.. only vomiting stopped.. nausea still rears its ugly head.. but I've learnt the key is not to stay hungry.. still producing excess saliva and still don't have appetite for correct food.. just custard, pap, tea, dry toast etc..

BTW, my people on this thread, last time I was weighed around 9 weeks, I was 60kg, now my weight on Monday this week (13 weeks) dropped to 54kg, checked and rechecked still 54kg. should I be worried cos I thought my weight would be increasing as pregnancy advances.

my normal weight prior to pregnancy is always 57/58.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
Giddyperson:
Vex and go and start your own diary let us read tongue
If I vex na to call ur MIL to come back o, dis time with b biggest bible ever and loads of message both audio or CDs grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello mamas, Am a FTM and also a newbie in here..am about 30 wks gone and my EDD is Nov 12th. I hope am welcomed in here plus the BS(ies) have been encouraging and educative ,feels good learning from expereineced mamas. Wishing every one of us a safe delivery!!

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello mamas, Am a FTM and also a newbie in here..am about 30 wks gone and my EDD is Nov 12th. I hope am welcomed in here plus the BS(ies) have been encouraging and educative ,feels good learning from experienced mamas. Wishing every one of us a safe delivery!![/quote].

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
legendsmother:
Wow big congrats to all d mamas that have put to bed God is so faithful. May ur LO's bring u happiness, fulfilment and joy..........

Sorry to disturb u all Dearie's Thursday is thread cuties right? If am not right then forgive me its today I remembered
This is Perewari shalom Antony
My sisters @claudia who gave birth and I annouced her BA here in April he's a big man now o see wrist watch @liftedha.nds come and see ur boy o
He is a cutie kiss my love to him and regards to Claudia.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Proudmom38 big congrats to you and proudad! I'm so happy for you sis.

Katchycoutoure congratulations​! Kisses to Adanne kiss

Eigmaticme​ I'm happy beyond words ! God is always faithful and may His name forever be praised! Kisses to the little one kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luvtoteach(f): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2017
Team February. present ma! just that am a silent follower oo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) (3376) (3377) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.