Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,225 members, 7,839,188 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8206725 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
@Sayoberry,
I'm going to say it cos I know most people on this thread are all about being sunny and cheery and wouldn't rock the boat but I'm grown so will do.
Do you know the number of people who lost their unborn babies within the past few days? And one of them even ttc for sometime before getting bfp and still lost it.. You are very fortunate and should appreciate these wonderful gifts and be concerned only about the "three" of you being sound and healthy irrespective of mode of birth..
I do know you were expressing your preference but sometimes we have to be conscious of our surroundings.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Rejoice with those who rejoice, comfort those who mourn, encourage those trying. That's the whole point of this bond. Let's not discourage people who are happy or hopeful just because someone else is going through a tough time. There is time for everything and there is time for everyone.

@ Modath- I don't think Sayo was being insensitive at all. She was expressing her fears which so many other women have even though they might not say it. Encouraging and advising her will not only help her but help so many silent others. Some unfortunate incidents have happened on this thread in recent times but it's not the end of the world for anybody.

Pls don't make anybody feel bad or discourage anyone from posting their issues no matter how trivial it might sound. You don't know other challenges people are passing through so there is no basis for comparison.

it is well with us all.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by atonementchild: 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
@ILoha,may God strengthen you and ur faith in Him remain unshakable. Please do all necessary tests when you feel up to it whenever you are ready to try again.
@ Sayoberry,when i learnt I was going for a c-section cos of breech positioning i was heart broken,but at the end of the day my baby and i are hale and hearty. You have to make up your mind and relax so that you prepare ur mind and body for the task ahead. A miracle is not ruled out and God can do all things. I was up the next day after the operation and able to feed also and this was in Nija talk more of you abroad. Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phunmielomo(f): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
sheweezy:
Good Morning wonderful and blessed women, please i am scared to my pants here, i woke up with abdominal pain in d middle of the night, drank lots of water, it later went down but i also noticed i have been feeling baby kicks but didnt fell it like before yesterday and up till this mrg, usually when i get to work and sit the kicks are kinda much but nothing since, should i be scared and rush to the hospital?
try not to be scared .please go to the hospital.dnt panic.go see ur doctor.It is well.the Lord dat put that baby dere will see the baby thru IJN.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahmanim: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
vickilafab:
inside d vijay or outside? hw many wks are u? sure dere's no discharge? Wot of odour?

on my labia majora not inside my vg. Jst missed my prd
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahmanim: 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
vickilafab:
inside d vijay or outside? hw many wks are u? sure dere's no discharge? Wot of odour?

on my labia majora not inside my vg. Jst missed my period.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kingsdaughter: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
lioha:
All of a sudden my LO @beat stopped at 25 weeks and there was nothing I could do. For the little time i spent with him, my joy was countless. But God knows the best RIP.

Mama's thanks for your wonderful advices and suggestions, you are one in a million God bless you all.

I was hoping for a good news. A good news from you. Holding on to God to grant a happy ending to your story. At least if my LO was too young to make it yours should be able to pull through. But you know God knows best. It's really been a turbulent January but this is only the beginning of the year. It takes a second for God to perform his Miracle. I pray that God grants you more strength and peace than he has bestowed on me this past few days. My consolation ...He has opened up my womb after 5 years of marriage and His will be done despite the loss ...He is still God.

Find your place Of quiet and mourn your LO.....This too shall pass..... He makes all things beautiful in His time and he will come through for us. Sending you hugs

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
modath:
@Sayoberry,
I'm going to say it cos I know most people on this thread are all about being sunny and cheery and wouldn't rock the boat but I'm grown so will do.
Do you know the number of people who lost their unborn babies within the past few days? And one of them even ttc for sometime before getting bfp and still lost it.. You are very fortunate and should appreciate these wonderful gifts and be concerned only about the "three" of you being sound and healthy irrespective of mode of birth..
I do know you were expressing your preference but sometimes we have to be conscious of our surroundings.

Ur opinion. Before I got pregnant I also TTC and lost a pregnancy which I shared with everyone here. I'm not been insensitive by sharing how I feel at the moment. I can't just "accept" everything because some others do. I'm not going to apologize or feel sorry for what I posted. I am aware of my surroundings and my surroundings includes me too. I'm not asking or begging anyone to be all mushy about me and I did not put that post there to boast or anything. Someone asked me a question and I responded-to her. If it offends anyone *shrugs*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sheweezy(f): 9:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Thank you so much for your responses, love, prayer. I prayed like never before between last night and today, did scan and everything is fine, baby was seen moving well and everything is fine.
God bless you all and I pray we don't read or hear of any negative news anymore, only testimonies by the Grace of God. Please when do we start the prayer session.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
sheweezy:
Thank you so much for your responses, love, prayer. I prayed like never before between last night and today, did scan and everything is fine, baby was seen moving well and everything is fine.
God bless you all and I pray we don't read or hear of any negative news anymore, only testimonies by the Grace of God. Please when do we start the prayer session.
thnk God. u can kick start d prayers, sure other mamas wud then join in..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afamgod(f): 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
@lioha, sooo speechless. Do take heart my sis. The one that will warm and gladden your heart is on the way. Its well dear.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
ahmanim:

on my labia majora not inside my vg. Jst missed my period.
its most likely hormones. preg comes wt lots of funny stuff. had d experience in early preg n evn did tests wch wer negative of microorganisms bt no show..later went by itself. a friend stopped wearin pants n her own stopped. nothing to worry about except d itch bcoms unbearable & if its frm inside. u can still c ur obgyn tho.. things u can do to feel better: rub clotrimazole vaginaal cream on d labia to soothe it, wear only cotton underwear, dont douche, take lots of water, ease up on sugary foods.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by RitamagaretOI: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2015
For all your Mustela products: Physio and Hydra Bebe shower gel and cream, Stetopia cleansing gel, cream and lipid replenishing balm, Stelativ for nappy rash, Stelaprotect, Vitamin Barrier cream, Shampoo, Stelaker and more, contact me on: 08023601894. You can also add me on BBM PIN: 7BBF2CC6. All available at reasonable prices. Remember, every mother's dream is to have a skin problem free baby and Mustela delivers without doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2015
sayoberry:
Beedam u see my case is a bit different. Even though I'm trusting God for a miracle. The way my babies are positioned are in such a way that even if twin A turns to be head down, twinB may not get a chance to do so cos of the space. If there's anything I dread most in my life its a c-section. There's nothing as good as pushing out Ur babies and jumping on Ur feet. I'm 31+4 and I have four weeks for this babies to turn or I'm scheduled for a c-section.though here in america no one sees it as a big deal. In fact some of them ask for it. But I'm just an hyperactive someone that can't bear staying in bed groaning in pain, been careful of stitches not tearing and bla bla. No one can preach to me that a c.s is better than normal. I've been a bit depressed but Gods wish for me is the best. Till week 35 when I take another scan.. (If my water does not break one night) I'll pray hard.

Sayoberry, in Nigeria, most doctors would CS twins without even asking or offering natural birth as an option. I hear in the UK, if it's your first birth you have no option but to go to the hospital (where they will either allow natural or CS, depending on your case). Depending on what hopsital you are, even a Birthing centre will insist on having a doctor on standby and be ready to transfer you to the Theatre. And I'll share what my sister said to the rest of us (she had a baby with a heart defect and insisted on natural birth against her OBGYN's advice. It wasn't a happy story): "A mum is a mum, it doesn't matter how the baby comes out, your job is to make sure that baby is safe and healthy that's it. There is no prize for either method, no-one cares". I understand the fear of CS but imagine holding your babies afterward (or not sleeping through the night because they're crying smiley that's the important thought to hold in your head.

Btw, what state are you? I'm heading over to the states in April for a long stay

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
Vicky! God bless you! I will do them when I recover fully right now my breast hurts a lot, any remedy?

vickilafab:
lioha... I just kept saying no, no, no on reading ur post. I feel so sad. it is well sister. God will surely make ur joy full soonest. e-hugs. told my dad & he said u shd do dese tests: FBS, Heaf test and Rhesus factor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
I mean My breast hurts a lot, any remedy?

lioha:
Vicky! God bless you! I will do them when I recover fully right now my breast hurts a lot, any remedy?

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
I wonder why when I Type breast it shows as bosom. My milk factory hurts a lot, any solution?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
lioha:
I wonder why when I Type breast it shows as bosom. My milk factory hurts a lot, any solution?
lol. na spambot. sorry dear. try massaging wt warm water. u can also tk paracetamol.pele

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
@Sayoberry, usually, for twin pregnancy, d most 'important' twin is d first. If d first presents, head down(cephalic) and d 2nd is breech, vag delivery is possible.So keep praying, God is able to grant ur wish.*hugs*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
lioha:

amen. reading dis post again just made me break down in tears. d brreast pain is as a result of milk engorgement.
1. wear a very tight bra all day n night
2. use cold compress (ice packs wrapped in cloth) on them to ease d pain. don't use hot or warm water because it wil mk d milk start flowin
3. a friend said she used iced cabbage leaves put inside her bra 24/7 wen she had breasst engorgement from weanin n it stopped- don't know ow tru ds is tho.
4. deres a drug used bt usually has side effects so Its best to use d other methods. u can tk paracetamol nt exceeding 8 tabs in 24hrs. 2 tabs per time.
lots of hugs dear. d Lord is ur strength. I'm praying for u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@Sayoberry, usually, for twin pregnancy, d most 'important' twin is d first. If d first presents, head down(cephalic) and d 2nd is breech, vag delivery is possible.So keep praying, God is able to grant ur wish.*hugs*
correct
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
the most impt stimulus for continued milk flow frm d b*reast is suckling. So even if one or two drops of milk come out, and dat suckling is nt there, production of b*reast milk automatically stops wt tym
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
@ about 14weeks and still can't eat food or meat.....when will all this disappear? cry and to worsen the case i am alone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
lala4sure:
@ about 14weeks and still can't eat food or meat.....when will all this disappear? cry and to worsen the case i am alone

It will disappear only when YOUR system is able to manage the HCG surge,pele dear.. It may be tommorrow,it may be in your 2nd trimester and it may last the entirety of your pregnancy, take your medication and eat whatever you can keep down.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
@Lioha,
Someone suggested iced cabbage leaf;kindly go with that till the engorgement is gone..really feel for you,it can't be palatable at all. you will experience joy sooner than you expect. Keep your head up.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
lioha:
I mean My breast hurts a lot, any remedy?

Pls follow vickilafab suggestion, endeavour nt to let the breast milk flow out. Its well wit u dearie... one love

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
lala4sure:

U hv to try and eat wat u can.. sum peeps go thru dis all thru pregnancy. Pele dearie, nt easy coping alone. God is ur strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
@kaffy4bill and other experienced mamas please help with my previous post question?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by steviejay: 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
My cousin also lost a baby in Nigeria in 2012 due to high risk pregnancy but she conceived and gave birth to another baby the united states in 2013. there was a company that she saw on the internet. Concierge Additive care . www.conciergeadditivecare.org . The experience according to her was pleasant. even after case ive heard a lot of good report about the company too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mzora:
@kaffy4bill and other experienced mamas please help with my previous post question?

Pls Wats d post abt dearie? Didn't see it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Proudmom and dad,wia r thou
Clinix and sammie,ao is vigilante service goin?
Other vigilante crew I hail ooo
Beedam and oda Jan mamas, ao is it going
To everybody, one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mzora:
So sorry @lioha...may God give u double for your trouble. It is well. Sending u e-hugs. Please mama's what could be the cause of pain on one side of the skin on my tummy. The pain is not internal,but on my skin.It hurts whenever I feel that area. I'm 33 weeks gone.
@kaffy4bill

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (6959) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.