Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8195851 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumyroyal: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
Congrats meev nd afamgod...........
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
beedam:

Amen to your prayer dearie. Thanks for the mention. Proud dad nko oooo?
U wlcm,proud dad wa pa o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
afamgod:
Hello lovely mamas and papas in the house. Pls help me glorify God. My daughter arrived less than two hours ago.

Birth story uploading............................
Mek dem com comot this thing for my handwink.

Congrats mama. May the Lord bless and keep her. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
meeev:
We welcomed our princess on 10th of January.
Birth story:started feeling menstrual pain n waist pain after doctor did a second membrane sweep for me at 39weeks +,checked into the hospital the following day n was already at 3cm.But latter on my contractions started getting weak.In order to save my baby and I,we were rushed to the threater and cs was done. Everytin went smoothly. I and baby are doing great.Safe delivery to all pushing mama's

We thank God for His mercies ooo. God bless our bundle of joy.

January is a glorious month!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
afamgod:
Hello lovely mamas and papas in the house. Pls help me glorify God. My daughter arrived less than two hours ago.

Omo, less than 2 hours later, you're laughing online smiley You're strong o. Congratulations

(I'm beginning to feel very lazy)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
@meev,
Congrats,God be with you all.

@ogheneyoma,
Congrats in advance,God will make it easy for you.

@Sexiebecky,
Sabi mamas,techwinnie,Kaffy&Onegai have said it all,all I want to add is my experience, it may be of benefit to someone.. My son and daughter were delivered through CS cos of how things were just meant to be.

1.My son:40weeks,4.4kg
I was in labour for over 12hrs,was about 7-8cm dilated(was strongly advised not to push though to avoid stories that touch)amniotic fluid already drained as well,but he refused to budge, and my husband was "begged" cos it was assumed he may decline to consent to a CS so they could put us out of our misery,my dh wondered why we had to go through so much trauma.
Backstory: I had done a scan the previous day and "CPD" was boldly written on the scan but the Dr decided that since I was a primigravida I should "try" vagina birth first(Its a General hospital so maybe cos there was no personal financial incentive,he wasn't inclined to suggest the sensible course of action).
When I saw the DR during ward round,I asked him why he didn't reccommend CS,he said "cos you are a yoruba first time mom", he said whenever they reccommend CS to yoruba mums,they run to churches!

2.My daughter:37weeks 3.8kg
I was so excited about VBAC cos one of my bosom friends had a successful VBAC,but @ 20-24wks(not too sure) I was made to do FBS and RBS twice cos they suspected macrosomia, I did but blood sugar came out very normal but my UA did record a slightly elevated glucose level. @ 35weeks,my baby was over 3kg already, on the day I got to 37wks I went to get my mat leave form signed,but the Dr asked if I was ready to proceed to the theatre cos I was already full term and will still be sectioned even if I wait till 47wks cos I can't push out above 3kg since I have both CPD&macrosomia!
I asked that it be scheduled for the next day as I wasn't psychologically ready.
I'm exactly 12wks from my lmp (very very sure) gone with NO 3 after a 6yr gap but the scan I did today has added 6days to my LO's GA.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
Onegai:

Omo, less than 2 hours later, you're laughing online smiley You're strong o. Congratulations

(I'm beginning to feel very lazy)

Lol...quite normal actually. The adrenalin level is still high immediately after. It wears out gradually.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
afamgod:

God be praised,congrats mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
@Sayoberry,
How are you doing?

@afamgod,
Congrats, 2hrs and you are bubbly shocked.. You are a rockstar,I'm still bowing.........
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
meeev:
We welcomed our princess on 10th of January.
Birth story:started feeling menstrual pain n waist pain after doctor did a second membrane sweep for me at 39weeks +,checked into the hospital the following day n was already at 3cm.But latter on my contractions started getting weak.In order to save my baby and I,we were rushed to the threater and cs was done. Everytin went smoothly. I and baby are doing great.Safe delivery to all pushing mama's
Congrats mama,u re bless!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
@Modath, you be pro for dis work! Abeg I'm coming to you with my questions.

GH doesn't offer CS quickly, my bro is at GH Lagos Island and his colleagues said the same thing (that hospital is mad, my bro-in-law had to punch one patient's hubby for jacking his shirt when he was there, another time my bro was almost mobbed by the patient's family/prayer warriors over this CS issue).

Go to Lagoon, Reddington or St. Nick's. Before you cry too much, epidural and CS will be offered to you sharply, because they're calculating their profits.

And please avoid Reddington if you can
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sabi mamas abeg make una help me,I'm 14wks+ but my tommy is very heavy as if i be 7mnts. Pls is dis normal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
sexiebecky:
thanks dear,I really appreciate.I think am cleared now
u re very much welcome. wish u d very best
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
modath:
@meev,

@ogheneyoma,

@Sexiebecky,
Sabi mamas,techwinnie,Kaffy&Onegai have said it all,all I want to add is my experience, it may be of benefit to someone.. My son and daughter were delivered through CS cos of how things were just meant to be.

I was in labour for over 12hrs,was about 7-8cm dilated(was strongly advised not to push though to avoid stories that touch)amniotic fluid already drained as well,but he refused to budge, and my husband was "begged" cos it was assumed he may decline to consent to a CS so they could put us out of our misery,my dh wondered why we had to go through so much trauma.
Backstory: I had done a scan the previous day and "CPD" was boldly written on the scan but the Dr decided that since I was a primigravida I should "try" vagina birth first(Its a General hospital so maybe cos there was no personal financial incentive,he wasn't inclined to suggest the sensible course of action).
When I saw the DR during ward round,I asked him why he didn't reccommend CS,he said "cos you are a yoruba first time mom", he said whenever they reccommend CS to yoruba mums,they run to churches!

I was so excited about VBAC cos one of my bosom friends had a successful VBAC,but @ 20-24wks(not too sure) I was made to do FBS and RBS twice cos they suspected macrosomia, I did but blood sugar came out very normal but my UA did record a slightly elevated glucose level. @ 35weeks,my baby was over 3kg already, on the day I got to 37wks I went to get my mat leave form signed,but the Dr asked if I was ready to proceed to the theatre cos I was already full term and will still be sectioned even if I wait till 47wks cos I can't push out above 3kg since I have both CPD&macrosomia!
I asked that it be scheduled for the next day as I wasn't psychologically ready.
I'm exactly 12wks from my lmp (very very sure) gone with NO 3 after a 6yr gap but the scan I did today has added 6days to my LO's GA.
please can you help out with some of the abbreviation you used. CPD,RBS,FBS. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
@meev and afamgod . Congrats on the birth of your LO,may they continually bring joy to your family. It seems the pink babies are toping the list nw.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
afamgod:

Congratulations, pray God uphold u, ur LO, dh and everybody.. one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mzora:
please can you help out with some of the abbreviation you used. CPD,RBS,FBS. Thank you.

CPD- cephalopelvic disproportion:the head of the baby can't go thru d birth canal;maybe due to size of the baby or shape of the pelvic bone.
RBS: random blood sugar
FBS: fasting blood sugar

In addition, a colleague(nurse) had to 2 CS in a year (though nt advisable but God sure has His mighty ways of doing things) and another one had cs as first delivery and a VBAC a year and half later. So indication for first cs matters plus maternal and child condition in subsequent pregnancy.
My last baby was 4.2kg and was a vaginal birth @ 40weeks +5days... nt sure wat dis one wil weigh,trusting and hoping for the best while preparing cos the priority is my safety and dat of my LO.. one love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
proudmom38:
Sabi mamas abeg make una help me,I'm 14wks+ but my tommy is very heavy as if i be 7mnts. Pls is dis normal?

Have u done any scan? Pls u mite nid a repeat, any increase in size of the tummy.. nid to knw d quantity of the amniotic fluid and rule out/confirm multiple gestation.. all the best
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexiebecky(f): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
@ modath,thanks dear for ur concern. Am 28th weeks wit twins and dis is my 1st pregnancy. Accordin to d last scan I did,d babies ar fine and d 1st did not breech. But DH and our dr ar sayin dat d best way to deliver twins is 2ru CS. Accordin to dr,she said dat I won't pass 2ru pains much,dat within 5-10minutes I will hear d cry of my LO. But am confused cos I know I can still deliver my twins safely witout passin 2ru CS.I hv been prayin to God to make me deliver lik a hebrew women on dat D-day whic I know he will answer me. I dnt know much abt CS,dat's y I asked dos questions abinitio. Sorry 4 d long story
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
modath:
@meev,

@ogheneyoma,

@Sexiebecky,

My scan added a week to mine dat was d same thing dat happened last tym... big babies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
sexiebecky:
@ modath,thanks dear for ur concern. Am 28th weeks wit twins and dis is my 1st pregnancy. Accordin to d last scan I did,d babies ar fine and d 1st did not breech. But DH and our dr ar sayin dat d best way to deliver twins is 2ru CS. Accordin to dr,she said dat I won't pass 2ru pains much,dat within 5-10minutes I will hear d cry of my LO. But am confused cos I know I can still deliver my twins safely witout passin 2ru CS.I hv been prayin to God to make me deliver lik a hebrew women on dat D-day whic I know he will answer me. I dnt know much abt CS,dat's y I asked dos questions abinitio. Sorry 4 d long story

Wic hosp is dat? Even in luth now, we encourage natural birth wit twin gestation except oda wise indicated. If nt for the strike and if u r in lagos, once d strike is over, I wil inform u so u can register wit us.. God's will b done
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by toni2014(f): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
@onegai, could you pls expantiate on d reddington issue as I'm registered there. Would love to avoid stories that touch...lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
Congrats afamgod and meev God bless your LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kechyl: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
Congrats Afamgod & Meev, ur LOs will bring great blessings to ur home.

Pls I need ur help o! I did a scan on d 12th & from my last LMP (Sept 4), its supposed to b 18 weeks bt scan showed 20w 1 day & weighing 347g, i dt understand it. Moreover, scan kps adding a wk or two to my actual week, is my baby too big?

Pls what is OS closed & viable cyesis at 20 wks gestation?

Kaffy & oda sabi mums, mk una cm interpret am for me abeg, tnx o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
@Kaffy,
Big babies issue,I tire ooo, +6 days to just 12weeks!! Only god know wetin e go be by 30wks.what's so annoying is that my kids are skinny now,my daughter is 6,never gotten too big for any dress, they just become too short and still wears 18-24mths shorts, when we have toddler guests, they leave with a some of her clothes.

@sexiebecky,
If I had a choice,I'd never opt for a cs cos of the post operative pain and recovery period but when push comes to shove, we gat to make lemonade out of the lemons life hands us....why does your dr think cs is better for twins?

@onegai,
My ex-neighbour/house fellowship member (spiritus spiricoco) rejected the reccommendation of a cs for her 2nd baby cos it was ungodly,she didn't go to the hospital on time and lost the baby and claimed it was her life the enemy actually came for, she became pregnant again, got the same prognosis,had a cs & was ashamed to leave her house for weeks.
My 2nd was delivered @ a reddington kind of hospital in abuja though cos my office paid for everything, I didn't part with a kobo. but the truth is that though the attention in the private hospital is better, the technical know how in the general hospital is way way better..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
@kechyl,
Os closed is a good sign cos it means your cervix is closed and viable cyesis means the belle dey kampe, do not worry about what rthe scan says cos its much ado about nothing at this stage, when you get to 30+ weeks, things will unravel.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kechyl: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
Chai! @ Modath, tnx for ur quick response. God bless u. Abeg no vex, what's d meaning of Anterior & partly fundal placenta?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good evening sabi mamas in the house, pls I don't seem to understand the three sonographers I av been to since conception. I am 27weeks pregnant and just went for my scan, only for the sonographer to tell me scan showed 30 weeks,then argument started btw us cos I know my LMP and I am not a novice when it comes to calculating GA(though this is my first time). Now my question is what could be d reason for this discrepancies? And I hope all is well wt me and my baby wt these disrepancies?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexiebecky(f): 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Wic hosp is dat? Even in luth now, we encourage natural birth wit twin gestation except oda wise indicated. If nt for the strike and if u r in lagos, once d strike is over, I wil inform u so u can register wit us.. God's will b done
thanks dear,d hosp is a private hosp @ Akuwonjo road egbeda. I stays in Egbeda LagoS
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Have u done any scan? Pls u mite nid a repeat, any increase in size of the tummy.. nid to knw d quantity of the amniotic fluid and rule out/confirm multiple gestation.. all the best

I've not done any scan yet but was told it will be done on my next appt which is on d 9th of feb. My tummy is not big but i feel d weight when walking or lying down. Multiple? pls how can one knw she's carrying twins before scan? T.I.A

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kimoni:

Congrats mama. May the Lord bless and keep her. Amen
A big Congratulation. Take good care of her oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaffy4bill:

@kaffy4bill.. I hail ooo. How re you na? I dey recive ur halla...

I beg help me tell dem say na Twins Oga dey find oo. Cnt wait for dat scan sha.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (6959) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.