Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8167041 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4065) (4066) (4067) (4068) (4069) (4070) (4071) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
rhukkie:

Thanks momma,
EDD has passed by 6 days and nothing yet,
I've walked long distance, danced, ate dates, pineapple juice n all I get is frequent Braxton Hicks which leaves me breathless. I had a cervical sweep done 2 Saturdays ago during my anc but it didn't do anything for me.
I've got another appointment tomorrow, hoping for a miracle cos I've been scheduled for induction on Monday if labor doesn't start on its own.
I'm so exhausted. I know it will end in praise.
Cc lioha
It is well with you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
Beautiful moms of Team March 2018.
It's 3 weeks to our season.

Porting has officially begun.

MONIKER........... EDD. ......GENDER....... BIRTHDATE
foreverjoy00.......5/3/18....Princess.....9/2/18 (BA

curve.........................1/3/18..... ( )
kekeakinwale..........1/3/18...... ( )
Happychildlove......1/3/18..... Prince
Soonest.................3/3/18....... Prince
Elmaspeed...............9/3/18...... Prince
Showerses..............9/3/18.......()
youngmommypat......10/3/18......( )
Nifes ..................11/3/18.......( )
Deboniar............11/3/18.......( )
Fexcathy.........13/3/18........Prince
Fruitbae......... 13/3/18.......
Aneeks........... 15/3/18.....Princess
Maggiespecial........16/3/18..... Prince
angelys.............16/3/18..... ( )
nnekaike...........16/3/18..... ( )
Tripletmom....... 22/3/18..... Princess
erutoria..............22/3/18.......Princess
Wowdiva...........22/3/18........ Prince
Temmy2103........23/3/18.......( )
piragirl...............26/3/18....... Prince
Latty1.............26/3/18.........
giftdiddy.............28/3/18........ Princess
Beautyuche..........29/3/18.......( )
Tunis24..............29/3/18.........Prince & princess
Epudome............29/3/18..........( )
kokozain (wife)......29/3/18.......( )
Eniafelamo...........31/3/18........Princess

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
FexCathy:

Congrats Teamie. God bless and keep our prince. Cappo Elmaspeed, come and see one one of us don port o!

Yes o.
Now the finish line is clearer. We are almost there.
Time to get serious about finishing my nursery cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ohferanmi:
Good day sabi mamas. Plz at what week should I feel baby's movement. ?

12-16weeks of pregnancy. However,it could go as low as the 10th week much as it depends on the brain,musculature and heart development of the fetus. This nothing but criteria for activeness. But if at all you are yet to have a quickening between this range of week then you really never have to worry until the 25th week. Your doctor may discus with you timeline to check for your baby movement

Timeline: week 12,16,20,25,28, and 36.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by McPerry(f): 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:

It is well with you. God will do it in his time

Amen..and you too.
Thanks so much @Nimi22
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by McPerry(f): 9:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
LegitDiva:

My dear you aren't alone or, I'm even 38 weeks sef. Just Braxton Hicks.... Ayam Tayad! !!

It is well....God knows best.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
Me I likee this your porting o, congratulations ma.m uote author=foreverjoy00 post=64919314]BA! BA! My beautiful princess made her grand arrival this morning 8:3O weighting 2:8kg through VD with tears . March mama ported to February. BS coming soon[/quote]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by erutoria: 9:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
lioha:

Ok! It's not painful at all its just an xray where you will be given something like ruler to put in between your thighs while they do it and wittin 5min you re tru.
Tank u sister

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wowdiva: 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
foreverjoy00:
BA! BA! My beautiful princess made her grand arrival this morning 8:3O weighting 2:8kg through VD with tears . March mama ported to February. BS coming soon

Wow! Congrats Foreverjoy!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gabby18: 9:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
McPerry:

The good news is on its way Cappo...

Mehn, the expectation no be here ooo...am 39w6days, so tomorrow is my EDD according my hospital's calculation and is just Braxton Hicks contractions oo and a small mucus which I saw on Wednesday after eating 4 packs of dates, strong contraction came ones and ran away...chaii, all my Jaws are aching already..I have been dancing,jumping,jogging, exercising, house chores, climbing stairs,walking long distance with hills(not too hilly though) and nothing yet.
My doc said if by next week Tuesday which is my ANC day and nothing yet na to induce oo, and I heard it's painful which I don't want to go through.

God please have your way.
I have decided to take it easy now.

Person don dey suffer for the pikin before e born sef.

I wanna believe God have bera plans for us that are in the same situation.

Team February for supernatural birth.

Calm down dear u ll be fyn,..I also lost my mucus plug @ 40wks...I was admitted immediately to avoid infection on a Wednesday nite at about 10pm..was checked and I was just 1cm... The following day @ @ abt 12 noon I was just 3cm...I was eventually induced and the pains were not as bad as I expected.. I cried while on drip on d bed with each contraction but I didn't shout cuz they were bearable...

So ease ur mind and just talk to ur God.. He kk make it easy for u.m

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
B.A B.A B.A

With joy in our hearts and utmost gratitude to Almighty God, we announce the arrival of bloomingtwins through elective cs. Both weighing 2.8. The twins are great, Mother is fine and father is rejoicing.

120 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
lioha:

At 38+5 not even Braxton hick did I see cry cry

Lol. I am here at 39 weeks and using torchlight to look for contraction..I am so tired. Maybe she is planning to come valentine's day.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babylove01: 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

With joy in our hearts and utmost gratitude to Almighty God, we announce the arrival of bloomingtwins through elective cs. The twins are Zrgreat, Mother is fine and father is rejoicing.

Yippee, our much awaited twins. Thank God for safe delivery. They will grow in grace and wisdom of the Lord

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

With joy in our hearts and utmost gratitude to Almighty God, we announce the arrival of bloomingtwins through elective cs. The twins are great, Mother is fine and father is rejoicing.

Wow..congrats dear.. they are cute and identical..awwwww grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
rhukkie:

Thanks momma,
EDD has passed by 6 days and nothing yet,
I've walked long distance, danced, ate dates, pineapple juice n all I get is frequent Braxton Hicks which leaves me breathless. I had a cervical sweep done 2 Saturdays ago during my anc but it didn't do anything for me.
I've got another appointment tomorrow, hoping for a miracle cos I've been scheduled for induction on Monday if labor doesn't start on its own.
I'm so exhausted. I know it will end in praise.
Cc lioha

The Lord is our strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

With joy in our hearts and utmost gratitude to Almighty God, we announce the arrival of bloomingtwins through elective cs. Both weighing 2.8. The twins are great, Mother is fine and father is rejoicing.

Congratulations teamie wow

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

My godbabies are here kiss kiss kiss kiss
Bloomingbabies kiss kiss kiss kiss
God! I have tears in my eyes o!
Iye ibeji, Olorun a wo wan a daa won si fun wa kiss kiss

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

Wow congrats to ur sis,thank God for safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Our much awaited twins

Congratulations bloomingbud on the arrival of your twins God.bless and keep them safe

Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX ......5/2/18
10 Teegali ............... EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 foreverjoy00 ...... March ...... XX ....... 9/2/18
12 Bloomingbud .... 28/2/18.... XX, XY 9/2/18

08 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY
09 Rhukkie ..................3/2/18 .....XX
10 Completey ............ 5/2/18 ....... surprise
12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
15 Angel2424 .............17/2/18 ....... XX
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
17 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
18 mummyjayson ......18/2/18
19 stormie ..................19/2/18
20 Sweetmommatwo .19/2/18 ..........XX
21 DocAdray ................22/2/18
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
23 Booqee .................. 27/2/18...........XX
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
27 Droyal .....................EDD?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tunis24: 11:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

Thank u Jesus. Dey are blessed already. Congrat dearie. Cant wait for mine ohhhhh.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omolaadun000: 12:03am On Feb 10, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

They are so adorable...welcome to the world prince & princess

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:15am On Feb 10, 2018
Lioha,
I saw your question for VBAC o, each time I want to reply, something else comes up.
Ma binu kiss

I think the first line to cross would be the reason for the first CS. If it's because of you as the mom, then there is the probability that you will have a repeat CS for example small pelvis, PIH, Gestational diabetes or low pain threshold. If it relates to the child (as each pregnancy differs), then you have a chance at VBAC for example oligohydramnios( my own reason), polyhydramnios, big baby, not dilatating fast enough, PIH due to distress on baby(also my case), distressed baby, breech baby, multiple foetus, placenta previa etc.
If you had a really high PIH in your first pregnancy or premclampsia, then there's a strong chance it will happen in all your pregnancies except you go through a very strict lifestyle change (and it might not). Same goes with gestational diabetes. Its your body reacting to your pregnancy. If your bp rises towards the end of your pregnancy, that's usually normal and due to the pressure of the baby on your body.

For me, my first child was oligohydramnios at 37 weeks. Amniotic fluid that should be at 4.0ml was at 1.6ml and rapidly decreasing. It would dry up before 40 weeks. The first indicator was the bp which was normal till my 36th week appointment. Dr actually sent me for scan cos he felt I was carrying a big baby. By the 38th week, my bp was haywire despite all the drugs and the doctors decided to induce me, it didn't work and I had a CS.

My next pregnancy, I decided to try VBAC.
What worked for me?
1. I tried to eat healthy. Big babies put pressure on your uterus and no doctor would take the risk of pressure on your already scarred uterus. I can say I maintained a steady weight all through my second pregnancy. No +16kg for me o.
2. I tried not to over think things or fall into depression. The devil tried and it was during the time my late mil fell sick. It was a harrowing experience.
3. I constantly told my self I could do this. As long as my baby and I are fine, I will do this. My friend who had a VBAC assured me that labour was freaking painful and long but that I had to hold out (as I didn't get past 6cm in my previous pregnancy).
4. I spoke to my doctors and did regular scans. I wanted to know if my baby was in good condition to do this with me. I'd rather be cut than have a dead baby. 40 weeks is nor a small child's play.
5. I did all possible dos to exercise my cervix. I wanted my cervix to dilate with the speed of light by the onset of labour and I didn't want tear......

My doctors told me I wouldn't be allowed to exceed 40 weeks. They didn't want to take unnecessary chances.
My appt was on Wednesday and I was set on giving birth before then.
The Friday of my 39th week, I went to a nurse to check my cervix. It was tight shut. I did scan to check heartbeat and all and baby was fine and healthy. I was going to do the castor oil but my mom and husband didn't allow me. I slept and woke to contractions. I want to believe that I willed her to come.

Labour for VBaC cannot be augmented (pitocin) this is because the pitocin causes the uterus to contract at a crazy rate and a scarred uterus could rupture. I kept my pitocin in my purse during labour, I couldn't risk and overzealous nurse or doctor administering it. (It was later used to expel the placenta after childbirth).
Labour for VBAC is like you're giving birth the first time. It can be very long. I was in labour for 22 hours. It was painful and towards the end,I screamed for CS but my angel doctor told me he wouldn't do the CS since I was so insistent on VBAC. (You needed to see my shakara and sharp mouth every time I went for ANC)
I stayed home for the first 9hours of my labour. I wasn't keen on being at the hospital and rolling on the bed and not allowed to be with my support system. While at home, I got on one of our gym equipment and exercised. Anything to encourage baby to come faster and not stop contractions.
I was cool at the hospital till I couldn't be cool anymore, let me tell you something, 8-10cm is a big bad biatch. It will make you curse your momma and deny God. 8-10cm is usually the shortest phase but it is the most painful.
I got to 10cm and Dr realised I had posterior or is it anterior cervix. There was no way baby would come out. Imagine being on constant 10cm pain for 3 hours!
My doctor agreed to CS, although he told me if I could hold on, the anterior cervix would open up. He kept posting me hour to hour till I spent 3 hours o. My baby was doing excellent. I insisted they check her every now and then( the nurses wan die for my hand that day)
Just as I was being prepped for theatre (shaved and change of clothes) the matron checked one last time and I was sent into the delivery room instead. By the time my husband and sister brought the blood and drugs needed, my baby was out and cosy in the warming thingy.

That's it.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 10, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

Awnnnn they are soooo adorable that I had to pray for twins embarassed embarassed kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummydaezy: 1:04am On Feb 10, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

congrats ma. They will be a source of joy to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 1:25am On Feb 10, 2018
Congrats to Foreverjoy00 and Bloomingbud, may the good Lord bless and keep your little ones.

Please sabi mamas help me...
My areola, that black place around my nipples has been itching me seriously. I started to notice some few weeks back that it peels and yesterday it looks like I'm having a sore there, although it's small. Please is the itching and peeling normal? What can i do for relieve? God bless you all as u help a ftm. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by flyingangel(f): 1:29am On Feb 10, 2018
Will sure do that.
Thank you very very much.
Jina24:

They don't have enough hands?, just hearing that for the first time. Have been using that hospital for over ten years and had an emergency CS at 12midnight and all personnel were on ground.

Am not trying to hype them but I know they do lots of things there and they are equipped. Well, every hospital sha have one ish or the other.

Just search well and settle for one that you are comfortable with.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 1:43am On Feb 10, 2018
Congratulations @ Bloomingbud,your babies are lovely cuties ( oh my ovaries!) . May God provide and give you the strength to nurture your bundles of joy. Speedy recovery dear.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 1:51am On Feb 10, 2018
Nimi22:
B.A B.A B.A

congrats ma,,, d Lord is great,,, welcome twinny

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 1:56am On Feb 10, 2018
February mums,,, seems we share almost d same story at this time,,, let us join hearts togeda and pray for one another even in dis tym,,,, pls pray like u hv never prayed nd be open to ANY option given by ur doctor.... it only shows how precious and great our lo's will be thats why they are taking their time to come around... IT WILL END IN PRAISE.. IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by flyingangel(f): 1:59am On Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for your response.
Meeeeey:

Their facilities r very good n modern. Environment is very very neat. It doesn't even smell like a hospital and they have good Drs and consultants.

Plus to me their fees r affordable
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by McPerry(f): 2:04am On Feb 10, 2018
lioha:
Our much awaited twins

Congratulations bloomingbud on the arrival of your twins God.bless and keep them safe

Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX ......5/2/18
10 Teegali ............... EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 foreverjoy00 ...... March ...... XX ....... 9/2/18
12 Bloomingbud .... 28/2/18.... XX, XY 9/2/18

08 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY
09 Rhukkie ..................3/2/18 .....XX
10 Completey ............ 5/2/18 ....... surprise
12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
15 Angel2424 .............17/2/18 ....... XX
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
17 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
18 mummyjayson ......18/2/18
19 stormie ..................19/2/18
20 Sweetmommatwo .19/2/18 ..........XX
21 DocAdray ................22/2/18
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
23 Booqee .................. 27/2/18...........XX
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
27 Droyal .....................EDD?

Waooooooooooow.. congratulations @bloomingbud and to all Mama's that have offloaded. We tap from your blessing and sharp sharp delivery.
Our testimonies shall be permanent IJN.Amen oooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by McPerry(f): 2:05am On Feb 10, 2018
mummyjayson:
February mums,,, seems we share almost d same story at this time,,, let us join hearts togeda and pray for one another even in dis tym,,,, pls pray like u hv never prayed nd be open to ANY option given by ur doctor.... it only shows how precious and great our lo's will be thats why they are taking their time to come around... IT WILL END IN PRAISE.. IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

Amen...thanks sweet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4065) (4066) (4067) (4068) (4069) (4070) (4071) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.