Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,318 members, 7,867,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8283220 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4116) (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kbabes: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Dear mamas, please what can i do to reduce a swpollen feet after a CSection its also painful. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by toyeem(f): 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
rvpbae:

Thank you so much, my prenatals were not increased and i did not do any malaria test. Besides mine is 4tablets as a dose and twice daily, i.e 8tablets in 24hours.
Really,8tablets daily?Are we talking about d same clartem. Yellow fat drug oo,bigger but same long shape with panadol. Composition is Arthemeter Lumenfantrine.if it is same,den u really need to see another doctor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
MumIbeji:
I didn't complain of any other symptoms.. I told him I had just cough and sore throat. And No, I've not started using the medication

Thanks

You don't have to use it. If it is really cough,then you may try on:

1. Ensure to maintain a air-free space in your home and the environment. Reduce congestion.

2. While sleeping, face comfortably a position for proper nasal breathing and ventilation. You may choose to sleep facing up on a comfortable pillow. Pillow shouldn't contain allergens.

3. Avoid eating dried food and fruits.

4. Remain hydrated during this period.

5.Avoid situations and conditions that could get you emotionally disturbed.

6. Eat okra soup.

7. Drink pepper soup(warmed always). Let it content contain the original natives spices.

8. For the sore throat,

6. Take warm tea regularly for this period. It shouldn't be caffeinated. Too cold water may provoke cough,if you choose to use cold water. It should just be a bit cold.

7. After all this,the cough still persist you can use Dextromethorphan to stop the cough.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
rvpbae:

Hmmmm. Mine is four tablets, twice a day for three days o. Was prescribed by my doctor. Last one was single dose.
Going by that description he is treating you of malaria not preventing it! Still I think you need to consult him again for proper clarification or seek another opinion.

Sometimes this doctors mix up patients prescription without knowing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rvpbae: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
toyeem:

Really,8tablets daily?Are we talking about d same clartem. Yellow fat drug oo,bigger but same long shape with panadol. Composition is Arthemeter Lumenfantrine.if it is same,den u really need to see another doctor.

Yes, clartem. But not long tablets, mine is round and yellow and yes, same composition.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rvpbae: 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
Liftedhands:
Going by that description he is treating you of malaria not presenting it! Still I think you need to consult him again for proper clarification or seek another opinion.

Sometimes this doctors mix up patients prescription without knowing.

Thank you. I'll stop it and go back to him. I didn't even carry out any test to check for malaria.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Kbabes:
Dear mamas, please what can i do to reduce a swpollen feet after a CSection its also painful. Thanks

Edema,retention of fluid in the body tissues or spaces after c/s may result from increase IV fluid given during the delivery hour or postnatal...This is absolutely a thing not to fear of provided that your kidney is in a proper function. Another guess,simply could have been this in relation to your gonadal hormone passively increase your body compartment fluid which collate gradually in the feet.
But why the feet? The reason is not far fetched, when the feet is not properly exercised for a long time fluid then to stay down because of gravity,this may cause a fall in venous pressure.
If you want to help yourself,you may try:

1. Walk,do exercise with the feet.

2. Elevate it up to the heart to oppose back flow brought by gravity.

3. Reduce salt intake in your food. Why? Cause salt attract water molecules.

5.Use of Pneumatic boots. Not common in 9ja.

6.Massage the thigh,leg and feet.

Hope this helps?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
Kbabes:
Sorry about that, keep your legs raised at all times. Sit with your legs on a stool and sleep with your legs on a pile of pillows. Drink plenty water and it will go down soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 6:00am On Mar 05, 2018
Prayer Monday.
Father, creator of the universe I come before your throne of grace this morning to seek your face and ask that in any area that we have come short of your glory Lord, have mercy upon us all in Jesus name
Father this hour I want to commit all pregnant women into your holy hand and ask that you protect us from any evil in Jesus name, Amen.
I pray that on the day of our delivery you will sent your Angel to take over from the Dr and we will come out with thanksgiving in our mouth in Jesus name, Amen
I pray for our ttc mama's and papas that this year is their year to sing a new song in Jesus name, Amen
I pray and cancel any spirit of fear within us in Jesus name, Amen
I pray and cancel any spirit telling us that we will not make it in Jesus name,Amen
I commit out unborn baby/babies into you able hand Lord.
I pray for our dh that you will provide for them to be able to take care of the family in Jesus name, Amen
I pray that as we are going out today that you will go before us to direct us footsteps in Jesus name
The evil ones will not see us because we are cover by the blood of Jesus Christ, Amen
I pray for does of us here looking for job or business to do that Lord you will sent helper their way in Jesus name, Amen.
I pray for our unborn baby once again that on the day of their arrival that they will come out hearty and they shall be no complication for us in Jesus name, Amen.
I cover the prayers with the blood of Jesus Christ, Amen
Thank you father for I kw that you have answered us here in Jesus name, Amen
Thank you Lord
Thank you father
Thank you Jesus, Amen.

44 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NIFES(f): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2018
4realwoman:
Prayer Monday.
Father, creator of the universe I come before your throne of grace this morning to seek your face and ask that in any area that we have come short of your glory Lord, have mercy upon us all in Jesus name
Father this hour I want to commit all pregnant women into your holy hand and ask that you protect us from any evil in Jesus name, Amen.
I pray that on the day of our delivery you will sent your Angel to take over from the Dr and we will come out with thanksgiving in our mouth in Jesus name, Amen
I pray for our ttc mama's and papas that this year is their year to sing a new song in Jesus name, Amen
I pray and cancel any spirit telling us that we will not make it in Jesus name,Amen
I pray for our dh that you will provide for them to be able to take care of the family in Jesus name, Amen
I pray that as we are going out today that you will go before us to direct us footsteps in Jesus name
The evil ones will not see us because we are cover by the blood of Jesus Christ, Amen
I pray for does it us here looking for job or business to do that Lord you will sent helper their way in Jesus name, Amen.
I pray for our unborn baby once again that on the day of their arrival that they will come out hearty and they shall be no complication for us in Jesus name, Amen.
Thank you Lord
Thank you father
Thank you Jesus, Amen.

Amen in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 8:36am On Mar 05, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

The least amount I got it for was #35k here in Ibadan. I didn't buy it. Papilon plastic products has something nearly similar to it through not as big as that is #15k...

Good day ma, happy new week to you. Please where in Ibadan can I get the wardrobe above.

Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2018
ElmaSpeed:
Congratulations to my teammates whose babies have arrived already. I share in your joy. May God keep y'all healthy and happy, and may your babies grow healthy and strong.

Make una no vex say I no dey since o. The last two days have been horrific. Chesty cough one week after a c section is a terrible thing but God is greater than any devil.

Teamies yet to deliver, we are here for you. God has been in the business of seeing women through childbirth for centuries. He hasn't retired. He will see all of you through and we will enjoy the pepper soup together.
cheesy cheesy

Amen! Amen! Amen! Thanks for the prayers Cappo! Kisses to boss baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amarisa(f): 9:07am On Mar 05, 2018
4realwoman:
Prayer Monday.
I pray for does of us here looking for job or business to do that Lord you will sent helper their way in Jesus name, Amen.
Thank you Lord
Thank you father
Thank you Jesus, Amen.
Amen and Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonyjoke(f): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2018
The strength of it is 20/120mg and dosage is 4 tab twice daily so your doc is right
If he had given you Claterm DS. Then dosage is different just that it reduces no of tabs t o swallow

uthor=rvpbae post=65566165]

Yes, clartem. But not long tablets, mine is round and yellow and yes, same composition.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amarisa(f): 9:08am On Mar 05, 2018
God bless you all Mamas for your
likes. I'm grateful.. Please check and like my post on page 1561 where i
quoted mama zaynie and typed INTERESTED.
Thanks So much.

Here's the link

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/1561#65418130
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by famelian: 10:21am On Mar 05, 2018
Good day mamas, may you all deliver safely
You can get original unrefined Shea butter here

https://www./emphy-organics-raw-unrefined-shea-butter-250g-10194926.html.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumibaby(f): 10:26am On Mar 05, 2018
Try to sleep very it will go down, lack of rest can cause it.
Kbabes:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by graciamore(f): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2018
Good morning momies I have a question please... am 35w4days today.. I don't know if its OK to be feeling the baby kicking very close to my v...g sometimes I feel the baby so close down there.. my first baby was not so. does that mean I will give birth before due date?? mam parking please help..the way the baby kick with force as if he/she is tired there and want to come down now now...am just around 36 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2018
graciamore:
Good morning momies I have a question please... am 35w4days today.. I don't know if its OK to be feeling the baby kicking very close to my v...g sometimes I feel the baby so close down there.. my first baby was not so. does that mean I will give birth before due date?? mam parking please help..the way the baby kick with force as if he/she is tired there and want to come down now now...am just around 36 weeks.
Yes u might.. guess ur baby has engage u can go for scan to be sure congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by graciamore(f): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2018
queensnow:

Yes u might.. guess ur baby has engage u can go for scan to be sure congratulations
thanks mam
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
@lioha
Aww, congrats once again cappo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2018
Liftedhands:
Sorry about that, keep your legs raised at all times. Sit with your legs on a stool and sleep with your legs on a pile of pillows. Drink plenty water and it will go down soon.

I did this n it worked like magic

Cc kbabes

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by showerses: 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
Congrats teamie for safe delivery
Maggiespecial:
BA BA BA

Join me to thank the Omnipotent God for granting me a safe delivery.... Its with praise I welcomed my handsome Prince on 2/3/18 @ 38wks2days, 10:56pm weighing 3.2kg
mummy, my prince n daddy are doing awesome.
Family and friends can't stop jubilating oo.

BS later

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by showerses: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
@ Cappo the devil has lost the battle. Amen to your prayers
ElmaSpeed:
Congratulations to my teammates whose babies have arrived already. I share in your joy. May God keep y'all healthy and happy, and may your babies grow healthy and strong.

Make una no vex say I no dey since o. The last two days have been horrific. Chesty cough one week after a c section is a terrible thing but God is greater than any devil.

Teamies yet to deliver, we are here for you. God has been in the business of seeing women through childbirth for centuries. He hasn't retired. He will see all of you through and we will enjoy the pepper soup together.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
lioha:
My birth story

Ignore mistake pls, I no study English
Cc team February
Awwwwww....congrats Mama, God bless and keep your princess!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
lioha:
My birth story

My edd according to my last menstral period was on the 18/2/18. A week to this date I started having menstral cramp which was off and on. I knew it was time to start getting ready for the dee day which was unknown. I stocked my kitchen with the necessary things.

I never knew I will exceed my due date because all the doctors I met during antenatal told me point blank that if i exceed my due date then its automatic CS and I totally prayed against it morning afternoon and night because I want to give VBAC a trial. The reason for my previous cs was hbp and all tru this pregnancy I didn't experience it at all because I was on aspirin all through. I stopped taking aspirin on my 38week.

Because of what the doctors said, on my 40thweek I didn go for antenatal to avoid been booked for cs after a mum here confirmed she was delivered of her baby at 41week+ via VBAC. It gave me a strong assurance that even after 40weeks I can still make it since it has been confirmed that my pelvic is ok and baby is cephalic position already. i was so determined even though my husband was against it ,all he wanted was mother and child alive because of how long it took me to concieve my first (10yrs). This made me trek for almost an hour every day from my 39weeks not to talk of the fact that at 39 weeks antenatal appointment I was told that baby have not engaged.

On my 40thweek + 5days I went for a scan to ascertain that baby is ok. Thank God all was good except that I was told that baby was big. But still no sign that baby was about to come this gave me cos for worry. On Saturday (40week+6days) thanks God for the good weather I had to walk for almost 2hours just to induce labour. At a point in time i couldn walk any more my waist seemed broken I couldn raise my feet any more and was just uncomfortable. i saw a mallam selling date and bought. Finished eating it before i got home. By the time I got home I started having mild contraction. When I went to weewee I noticed my vj was very slippery ,i wiped and noticed a blood stain on the tissue and then said to my self the hour is here. I timed the contraction and noticed that it comes after every 10mins. I couldn sleep all thru the night I was just bearing the pain while my husband was busy sleeping. I refused for us to head straight to the hospital when my he suggested we do so.

By Sunday morning I was still in serious pain. Did I mention that my mum was around but I didnt tell her about the pain. I only told her the previous day that I was just uncomfortable because of the long walk I took. She panics alot. By the time the pain was 5mins apart that was at about 8.30am, i took my bath and while brushing my teeth, i nearly vomited my tongue out. we headed to the hospital (navy hospital ). On getting there at about 9.30am I met two women already in labour among them was a friend I made during antenatal. I was the third one. My husband went to get my file while I was checked by the nurse. I was already 6cm. Thank God i said to myself.

The first woman was seriously in pain and was shouting her lungs out at 8cm. The second nko? No be small thing at 4cm she was crying loudly. I just kept quiet enduring the pain. I didnt alter a word I was just using the breathing technic. At a point in time I got dehydrated and requested for water. Others were lying down but I was just walking left and right carrying my cross. I really felt for the first woman that even in my pains I was rubbing her back telling her sorry. When she couldnt bear it any more, she stoold up and went to sit in the toilet seat. The nurse shouted at her asking her if she want to give birth inside the toilet that its her baby that is coming and not poopoo.

When I was checked the second time, I was 8cm. You are doing well said the nurse. Allow me to rupture your water, ok I said. She tried severally with her finger but couldn't When I saw her bringing scissors na so i close my leg sharperly thinking she was going to give me a cut. Let me leave you since you dont want me to rupture you. "Better" i said to myself not knowing I was delaying myself. During this process another woman in Labour came inn making us four women in labour and only one nurse taking care of us all. You can imagine.

They had only three bed in the Labour ward and because I was not lying down the had to use my bed to check how far she has gone. She was already 7cm in my presence her water was ruptured within the twinkle on an eye. Why was I scarred if its this painless, she did nteven shake at all.

The pain was becoming something else. It was out of these world but I didnt say pim. I was dying in silent. The first lady has already given birth, followed by the last lady that came. You see, if you had allowed me to rupture you , you would have been the second to deliver but because you didnt she has been
Cc team February
Congrats,welcome princess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello everyone. Am new on this thread. Have a lovely day smiley wink #team May

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hotchicolate8:
Hello everyone. Am new on this thread. Have a lovely day smiley wink #team May
Welcome teamie and feel free to mingle ;
cc: mumsgirl27

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2018
rezzy:

He is fine. We actually ported to February 29th. shocked shocked shocked shocked. So he is two already
Yes I can remember. Bring my cake oh

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2018
LuckyG1:

You don't have to use it. If it is really cough,then you may try on:

1. Ensure to maintain a air-free space in your home and the environment. Reduce congestion.

2. While sleeping, face comfortably a position for proper nasal breathing and ventilation. You may choose to sleep facing up on a comfortable pillow. Pillow shouldn't contain allergens.

3. Avoid eating dried food and fruits.

4. Remain hydrated during this period.

5.Avoid situations and conditions that could get you emotionally disturbed.

6. Eat okra soup.

7. Drink pepper soup(warmed always). Let it content contain the original natives spices.

8. For the sore throat,

6. Take warm tea regularly for this period. It shouldn't be caffeinated. Too cold water may provoke cough,if you choose to use cold water. It should just be a bit cold.

7. After all this,the cough still persist you can use Dextromethorphan to stop the cough.

Thanks Doc. . You're blessed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2018
Rubyzz:

Good day ma, happy new week to you. Please where in Ibadan can I get the wardrobe above.

Thanks ma
Hello ma. Which of the wardrobes? the 35k own or the 15k own? cos they are at two different places. Are you in Ibadan? where? It depends on the one you want & I'll see how I can be of help cos describing alone may not work... expecting ur response asap cos am going towards that side tomorrow.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gwng: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
gwng:
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

PROMO ON SINGLE BREAST PUMP: 17k!!!

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4116) (4117) (4118) (4119) (4120) (4121) (4122) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.