Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8174631 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4460) (4461) (4462) (4463) (4464) (4465) (4466) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayauche(f): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Good morning mamas.

Team June like no other. Making me so proud.
The best team for this year, who's arguing? grin

Am sorry teamies for MIA, it's dis vigilante ooo, Max doesn't allow me sleep all through the night. The person doing omugwo for me sometimes will go home, so just me. Hope u understand?

Will update our roll call and present it soon. For team June, we only have 4 members remaining and they are
DNA07, Hannydimples, JUMAYIN and Sandypearls.

Cappo rubyzz u will live to care for ur son and others to come. The devil is just trying but he has failed woefully. No weapon fashioned against u shall prosper. Don't be depressed, keep looking up to God, u know he never fails and the love for ur son. Stay strong mama, nothing will happen to u.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayauche(f): 7:38am On Jun 28, 2018
olalayo1710:
BA
Alhadulilah robil alamin, i welcome my prince charming on 14/6 via Vd weighing 4.2kg, sorry for late alert my phone got spoilt just got another one. thanks to all wonderful mamas on this thread, congrats to all june mamas that has delivered and easy delivery to all remaining waddling mamas.

cc cappo rubyzz how is your health ma
Ayauche thanks for checking on me all the time
all june mamas.
Bs coming later

Thank you Lord. How's my Prince doing and yourself. Take good care of him and u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayauche(f): 7:43am On Jun 28, 2018
LadyMessi:

Abeg help me tell her o

undecided undecided see ur mouth. U dat will give birth June 30th by 10:30pm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hannydimples: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2018
Cappo good morning, this wait ehn chai! My Other EDDs have come and gone, the first EDD is the only one that hasn't reached yet which says 30th. I'm in serious pain in my pelvic area and vagina, I walk like a 150yrs old woman, if I want to turn on the bed that one is like something is about to break. Today today I must make zobo with loads of pineapple and do all those things for induction cos this oga must come this weekend.
Ayauche:
Good morning mamas.

Am sorry teamies for MIA, it's dis vigilante ooo, Max doesn't allow me sleep all through the night. The person doing omugwo for me sometimes will go home, so just me. Hope u understand?

Will update our roll call and present it soon. For team June, we only have 4 members remaining and they are

Cappo rubyzz u will live to care for ur son and others to come. The devil is just trying but he has failed woefully. No weapon fashioned against u shall prosper. Don't be depressed, keep looking up to God, u know he never fails and the love for ur son. Stay strong mama, nothing will happen to u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DNA07: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Good morning cappo. We are still waddling. Thanks for checking on us. How’s LO doing. The lord is your strength.
We’re scheduled for induction on Saturday at 41 wks plus. I’ve tried all natural induction but to no avail. I guess baby girl is taking her time to bake well smiley smiley smiley. I know God’s in control.
Ayauche:
Good morning mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DNA07: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Don’t worry teamie. Prince will come this weekend. The lord is your strength kiss
Hannydimples:
Cappo good morning, this wait ehn chai! My Other EDDs have come and gone, the first EDD is the only one that hasn't reached yet which says 30th. I'm in serious pain in my pelvic area and vagina, I walk like a 150yrs old woman, if I want to turn on the bed that one is like something is about to break. Today today I must make zobo with loads of pineapple and do all those things for induction cos this oga must come this weekend.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tessie89: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2018
Good day mamas in the house, all the waddling mamas I hail ooo, we shall all have a safe delivery and record no loss by the grace of God, our LO shall be a source of blessing to us all,

Mamas pls I have a question ooo, concerning our prenatal, my hospital only gave me ferrous tablet, one red capsule like this, and reading thr this tread I see mamas talking about pregnacare plus, pregnacare original etc, am a FTM momma, hope I am not missing out or I need to add d pregnacare on my own.

May God reward all d mamas, their honest and motherly answers to questions are highly appreciated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 9:47am On Jun 28, 2018
whyworryPH:
Mamas I forgot to tell you that today is my birthday. Please join me and thank God for sustaining my life and wiping my tears from last year's birthday.

This time last year, I was at the hospital recovering from the loss of my baby. But today, the Lord has put another joy in my spirit. Please just whisper a "Thank you Lord" to Him on my behalf.

Thank you all and God bless us all.
May He continue to watch over you. Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2018
I trowey salute give every body here oh. How una dey? cool

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adayoung(f): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2018
Good day mama oh
Biko learned mamas in the house, I stiffed a rumor that my boss wants to fire me because she just found out that I am pregnant. Please oh is there any legal backing that protects me as a pregnant woman in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Abeg who don hear from these mamas
They are our remaining February mamas that year grin

1 eazee
2 Mzkolawole
3 Kweenkong

Though I have not been regular just wanted to know if any one have read from them.
I must have missed their birth annoucement.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 10:00am On Jun 28, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Where is your location? I got mine for 30k 2weeks ago in a pharmacy...
Surulere

Please mama, where was the injection administered?
Arm, thigh or butt?
Who gave you the injection? Nurse or doctor.
I want to have all these information so I will know how it would go.

Abeg pardon my plenty questions.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 10:35am On Jun 28, 2018
dunasy:
please is it sold in the market?
the leaf and not the juice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bunny19: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Adayoung:
Good day mama oh
Biko learned mamas in the house, I stiffed a rumor that my boss wants to fire me because she just found out that I am pregnant. Please oh is there any legal backing that protects me as a pregnant woman in Nigeria?
But why Na.. Is it wrong to get pregnant in your place of work? What are the policies there?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bukit05(f): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Happy belated birthday to u WhyworryPH, wishing u more of this in good and sound health, don't forget to send my cake.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2018
comtem2011:

amen.thank u ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2018
mitchyy:

Present cappo! My bags are finally packed. Just a few things left to add to it.
We are 35weeks today. Two more weeks to go, else I give this baby quit notice from her duplex.
2 weeks?!! Abeg what can I do to born in 2weeks too?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by glimpse(f): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2018
zaynie:

Try eating before you brush.
You can use a light mouthwash first to get the minty breath and then eat. When the food must have settled, then you brush your teeth.

The hungrier I get,the worse my nausea. So I eat eat eat

Thank you so much ma, I tried eating very early this morning (after brushing though) and I have been eating biscuits since then, d nausea has reduced. Also have flavoured water and chin-chin on stand-by.
I won't be hungry today grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adayoung(f): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Bunny19:
But why Na.. Is it wrong to get pregnant in your place of work? What are the policies there?
There's no policy that prevents you from getting pregnant that I am aware of
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funmi2510: 11:39am On Jun 28, 2018
Good morning mama's in d house....pls am 23weeks gone and I notice my leg use to swell... Pls what can I do to prevent it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Geesucc: 11:42am On Jun 28, 2018
Good morning mamas..Pls Is it ok for me to engage in fasting and prayer at 6week? Doh most of the time I don't v apatite to eat.. I also feel very nausea and weak with slight headache.. I would appreciate ur suggestions plssss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Adayoung:
Good day mama oh
cc hunniesuzie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oliran:

Surulere

Please mama, where was the injection administered?
Arm, thigh or butt?
Who gave you the injection? Nurse or doctor.
I want to have all these information so I will know how it would go.

Abeg pardon my plenty questions.
You are free to ask as many questions as you want. My baby came out B+ while I'm O- hence the injection which must be administered within the first 72hours after delivery else, your next pregnancy will not stay as you will be having subsequent miscarriages.(God forbid)

The injection was administered on my right butt by a nurse with a Doctors guidance though.

The injection is not something you just buy cos it came with something like ice dunno the medical name its for preservation and if not well handled, can contaminate or render the injection that is 30k useless grin so you have to be very careful. I will advice the money should be given to a Doctor to get it for you when its time. Cheers smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PraisesG(f): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
[quote author=FloraEC post=68722455]Sorry for late bs

May2016: After the birth of my daughter(was a member here with diff already deactivated moniker). I told myself I won't try again till 2018(like some 2020 mama's already in 2018 tongue
May/June 2017: Found out I was pregnant, was really angry. Team February 2018, was cappo. Had all the hellish ms even heartburn.
Last week of June 2017: Woke up was bleeding heavily, blighted ovum, evacuated the next day. Why go through ms, heartburn, evacuation pains e.t.c and still loose the baby, lemme kukuma carry the belle and born na.
I followed up TTC thread, read and read.
September 2017: period delayed for 3/4days but later came on 28
October 2017: BFP, shared WIDD on TTC thread cos I learnt from there.

Pregnancy/Delivery

Pregnancy journey wasn't all that smooth but it was manageable. Had ms, high libido, body pains, excess urinating, purging, painful BH, black spots on my laps and tiger claws on my tummy. Was even stressed almost depressed.
Scan date started shifting from 16/17weeks to June but I was still working with my Lmp.
32weeks: Had a painful contraction and was even purging. Was given an injection, doctor told me to watch what I eat.
35+/36weeks: Started loosing Mplug, refused to be checked if I'm dilating.
37weeks according to lmp(14/06/2018): 39weeks according to the scan I did on Tuesday, baby's head measuring 40wks. Ate Queens pineapple on Wednesday afternoon, moved my hips on fours in the night.
Woke up to prepare my daughter's food that she'll take to school. Was frying Irish potatoes when I felt a liquid something on my lap, went to loo and checked it was blood, called DH and showed him. Told him that is my show and that he'll meet his son today(my potatoes still dy fire). Poured my burnt offering away, fried another. Prepared my daughter when the day broke, took her to school(trekked to and fro) and trekked to hospital on my way back(don't try it if you're already contracting).
I explained everything to my doctor who sent me upstairs to be checked and I was already 2cm dilated and other doc/nurse sig they wrote on the paper the nurse gave me to give the doc. He later suggested a membrane sweep which he did around 11/11:30am.
2pm: was checked and was 4cm. Doc induced me with CY and FBC(fear of ban is the beginning of abb drugs). Was having a normal cramps which was manageable. (maybe cos I'm team painful menstruation)
Hubby came told them to give me drugs(injection) that will help to ripen the cervix faster(they did it for my daughter) but they refused.
I refused to walk around can't come and start suffering early (don't be like me).
5pm: left the room to buy something and eat, was still climbing down the stairs when I heard a pumm sound from down, felt a liquid something on my left lap, rushed up, checked and it was blood. Called the nurse, she checked me and told me she don't know where the blood was coming from. She later called the doctor, who removed the catheter, inserted his hands, placed a nightingale under me and started bringing out lumpy stretchy blood. He told me that I'm having a heavy bloody show and I should not panick. He checked me and I was still 4cm dilated.
7pm: The contraction was painful but no longer pressing phone manageable. I didn't time it but I was breathing with my mouth whenever it comes.
8pm: Was checked again, was still 4cm dilated. I asked the nurse how manage? How? Why am I not progressing? Why am I having this kind of pains but not progressing? I climbed down from the delivery bed, knelt down and cried, told God that he didn't bring me this far to leave me, for how long will I continue managing this pain?
The nurse told me she'll help me, gave me IN injection for ripening of cervix on my bum. The contraction came back to back few min after the injection, she told me to lay on my left cos doc advised me not to walk around again to avoid bleeding.
They need to arrest the person that started the rumor that after first delivery the pain will be mild in other ones. Lieesssss!! The pain was painful that hubby started complaining, begging them to give me a pain relief. I felt cold, the nurse injected me, few mins later I started feeling very weak that I was begging the nurse and my hubby to allow me to sleep small but they refused instead she inserted the drip to give me energy. I begged nurse to break my water, she told me I should allow it to bulge well. I tried breathing, I cried, I slapped hubby and my cousin that was there with me, I was even bitting the pillow to hold the scream from escaping.
10pm: I told nurse that I want to poo, that I don't want to cross over to Friday, that she should break my water. That my water don't break on it's own. She said I should confess positively that God will do it.
Me: Nurse I know myself very well, I'm very weak now, lemme have strength to push this baby. Please save me and break the water, please. I believe in God but heaven help those who help the
Congrats ma'am.
May God bless you and baby.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
Funmi2510:
Good morning mama's in d house....pls am 23weeks gone and I notice my leg use to swell... Pls what can I do to prevent it
We are usually told by the nurses and doctors to raise our feet up a little higher than our body so the water can flow back without restriction.its because of water retention.all you need to do is place pillows under ur bed or raise your bed and if you are sitting make sure you place a stool or anything to raise your legs up. And avoid sitting or standing for long. it happened to me a lot during my first and second trimesters and it worked.However one needs to be vigilant as swollen feet/legs could be a sign of other serious condition like pre-eclampsia.so you need to see your doctor to make sure your blood pressure is not high.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
comtem2011:
Thanks you mama. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
bukit05:
Happy belated birthday to u WhyworryPH, wishing u more of this in good and sound health, don't forget to send my cake.
Amen. Thanks my troublesome teamie wink
I'm sending your cake right away

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
Tessie89:
Good day mamas in the house, all the waddling mamas I hail ooo, we shall all have a safe delivery and record no loss by the grace of God, our LO shall be a source of blessing to us all,

Mamas pls I have a question ooo, concerning our prenatal, my hospital only gave me ferrous tablet, one red capsule like this, and reading thr this tread I see mamas talking about pregnacare plus, pregnacare original etc, am a FTM momma, hope I am not missing out or I need to add d pregnacare on my own.

May God reward all d mamas, their honest and motherly answers to questions are highly appreciated.
What about folic acid? Folic acid is very important dear. Pregnacare is good if you can afford it cos it contains other vitamins. but that doesn't make it any better than the prenatals you are given at the hospital.

Please ask your doctor about folic acid. If you are in your 1st trimester, please don't wait until your next appointment. Go to any pharmacy and get some for yourself. Take one pill a day from it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
StrongWoman333:
You are free to ask as many questions as you want. My baby came out B+ while I'm O- hence the injection which must be administered within the first 72hours after delivery else, your next pregnancy will not stay as you will be having subsequent miscarriages.(God forbid)

The injection was administered on my right butt by a nurse with a Doctors guidance though.

The injection is not something you just buy cos it came with something like ice dunno the medical name its for preservation and if not well handled, can contaminate or render the injection that is 30k useless grin so you have to be very careful. I will advice the money should be given to a Doctor to get it for you when its time. Cheers smiley
Thank you ma.

If I get you right the baby's blood sample will be taken to get his/her blood group before Rhogam is given to the mother.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
hmmm....this is a complex question. Nobody can fire you because you're pregnant, that is discrimination and if you can successfully prove it at the Industrial courts you can hammer money grin

However you need to be careful, employment is "at will" (you cannot force an unwilling employee on an employer and vice versa) and so if you have documented evidence of non performance or any other thing that can stand as an appropriate basis to fire you, there's no way to prove discrimination. My advice to you will be to do your job and do everything to be on top of all tasks, make sure any absences (for antenatal or pregnancy related illnesses) are properly backed by medical reports or whatever is applicable in your company policy.

cc Adayoung

comtem2011:
cc hunni.esuzie

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StrongWoman333(f): 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oliran:

Thank you ma.

If I get you right the baby's blood sample will be taken to get his/her blood group before Rhogam is given to the mother.
Yes smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adayoung(f): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
hunniesuzie:
hmmm....this is a complex question. Nobody can fire you because you're pregnant, that is discrimination and if you can successfully prove it at the Industrial courts you can hammer money grin

However you need to be careful, employment is "at will" (you cannot force an unwilling employee on an employer and vice versa) and so if you have documented evidence of non performance or any other thing that can stand as an appropriate basis to fire you, there's no way to prove discrimination. My advice to you will be to do your job and do everything to be on top of all tasks, make sure any absences (for antenatal or pregnancy related illnesses) are properly backed by medical reports or whatever is applicable in your company policy.

cc Adayoung

Thanks so much
At the moment I have never been given any query and I am efficient in doing my job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4460) (4461) (4462) (4463) (4464) (4465) (4466) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.