Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8230336 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4480) (4481) (4482) (4483) (4484) (4485) (4486) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
BlessedDiva:

That's how it is, when the kicking is too much esp at night, you want him/her to stop but when the baby is quiet, you become worried, na so. grin
Mbok stop disturbing my precious, leave him to rest small, that kicking is a big work out for them.

I sit outside in short dresses most evenings so I can enjoy natural breeze but I have stopped mbok since i learnt that preg women bodies are magnets to mosquitoes.

have u noticed that once it crossed ur mind that baby has not kicked for a while, he/she will kick immediately? Just to cool ur mind, God is great.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
Xzandy:

After reading this I have small hope I might be carrying a girl cheesy....can't wait for my next appointment to check o my heart is doing jibim jibim cheesy cheesy

Lol @jibim jibim cheesy calm down mama na adorable baby geh, you will see.
I heard baby girls kick up a storm more than baby boys but become calmer than the boys when they arrive to live with us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
whyworryPH:

Lol Xzandy has taken her share as a sharp mama in Uyo but not to worry it is enough and will go round wella.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
joiful:
B.A

To the glory of God my princess arrived today by 9:50am weighing 3.8kg with plenty tears.
FloraEC

Congrats mama, welcome to your princess. Sorry about the plenty tears she gave you with love, fastest recovery to you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
comtem2011:
have u noticed that once it crossed ur mind that baby has not kicked for a while, he/she will kick immediately? Just to cool ur mind, God is great.

Babies are wonderful and God is Great and awesome, using that to calm mamas nerves.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2018
mitchyy:

We are in the same shoes. I've even gone to the hospital twice some months ago, because I felt my baby girl was kicking too much. My son didn't kick like this. If you are with me, you can practically see my stomach taking different shapes.
Anytime I go for scan, its football season for her. She will move and kick and set bumbum. The sonographer is always laughing.
There is a way I would sit, and she would start nudging my pelvic region with her head, as if to say "Mummy pls sit well and stop pressing my head". I can't even stay too long in the toilet, she will push my vjay until I rush and get up.
I thought girls were calmer to be honest

cheesy cheesy thats one correct and smart baby you are carrying cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
joiful:
B.A

To the glory of God my princess arrived today by 9:50am weighing 3.8kg with plenty tears.
FloraEC
Congratulations mama. Sorry about the tears. Do your sitz bath well and you will be fine. Please welcome princess on our behalf
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
comtem2011:
Even when you complain, the response is that baby is telling you that "mummy, I am perfectly okay and bouncing".

I went for ANT last week and the Dr asked me if I'm still feeling my baby's kick, I said yes. When I lied down for the Dr to examine me, he put his fetal doppler, the next thing was gbum, the man started laughing that baby is telling him not to worry that she is fine. I just dey smile.

But these kicks affect the back o, cos I normally feel heaviness at my back when she is moving with force.

It will end in praise for us.
chai mama, u still have solid 20 weeks to go o. Thank God say I fest u carry belle, I for dey say " ha, this mama is 20 weeks o, when will I get there".

whenever I read BA, I go just dey think the day wey e go be my turn.
Mama no be small thing at all: 20 more weeks no be here. Sometimes I want the weeks to run like machine. Can't wait to reach 27 weeks so that I can start counting down.
And yes, you are right about the back pain. After all these pains, we shall all meet our los alive in Jesus name, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
BlessedDiva:

The kilishi hmmmm, oya show for uyo naa like mummy divinemandate, as a VIP mama that you are kiss or you still want me to parcel it to garden city? wink

Ok, let me start coming to Uyo as well. Don't let those big belle women finish it o grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ejika48:
ho my God! Anyways thanks so I can't eat whatever I crave for again.
If you are eventually diagnosed with GD you can't eat whatever you crave for.

You doctor will draft out a meal plan for you.

Which will include unripe plantain with veggies, beans, little rice etc.

Key is to eat little at a time but eat often! Don't wait till you are hungry.

Drink plenty water and avoid fruit juices and carbonated drinks.

Work closely with your doctor and all will be fine.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ejika48(f): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
nwarosa:
Okay. On your own go to a lab and test. Make sure you do that on an empty stomach in the morning. You need to know. Hospital will do their own but you have a major part to play. It may or may not be pregnancy induced because it's possible you already had it before conceiving. Don't be alarmed but arm yourself with knowledge.
. Thanks . I just did d test n it shows 120. @ayabadamilola doc said it was because I drank too much chivita or soft drinks too much in d early stage coz I couldn't stand food. Just d drinks. Said when I start eating well now it will change. What do u guys think?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ejika48(f): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
Liftedhands:
If you are eventually diagnosed with GD you can't eat whatever you crave for.

You doctor will draft out a meal plan for you.

Which will include unripe plantain with veggies, beans, little rice etc.

Key is to eat little at a time but eat often! Don't wait till you are hungry.

Drink plenty water and avoid fruit juices and carbonated drinks.

Work closely with your doctor and all will be fine.
thanks . Been trying to eat vegetables but it not going well I'm not yet 100%tru with ms.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
hello mamas
Plz any mama that has UCH Ibadan, and UBTH v. delivery list should holla me ejoor
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2018
bigbird:
Hi wonderful teammates
I have taken my second TT shot too, and i just found out on Saturday that i'm having a baby girl. Hubby and I are so excited, this is truly a wonderful feeling. I pray that our joys will be full and we will not record any loses in Jesus name.

Congrats! smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
joiful:
B.A

Congrats mama
I wish you speedy recovery. God bless your newborn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
Xzandy:
Cc VannywealthDesi

Cappo long time no see
We are doing great, finally started my Antenatal and
We clocked 20wks1day today .....so good to know we are halfway across the journey grin grin
Hoping to take 2nd TT shot by my next antenatal and also do scan to find out sex..
Baby is so so active making me guess that it's another boy o shocked shocked
Haven't started shopping yet but the other day I caught myself checking out baby clothes I had before grin.....can't wait jare!

Team November how market na!? It's not easy o grin grin turning from side to side while lying down na wahala.....I feel y'all jare...take care

I feel you on checking previous baby's clothing. Turning in bed has become difficult and I'm thinking its still early. I also need to be propped up with lots of pillows else I'll start running short of breath. With my daughter always jumping on my belly as if it's her play mat.
Ah! Halfway through! cheesy
We thank God!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
bulunton:
Good evening dear Cappo and team mates. Am doing great too.wish us ease all around.
Amenooo! I'm glad you're good.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
bigbird:
Amen.Thank you very much.
EDD: 7th November

Alright, I'll update the list.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
Welcome teewhysafe to this noble team of ours. I wish you a smooth ride and delivery when the time comes. smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Congrats to those who have recently given birth. May your little ones bring you nothing but joy in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
tatacherie:
hello mamas
Plz any mama that has UCH and UBTH v. delivery list should holla me ejoor
UCH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tabsy: 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2018
If it's been confirmed, it will definitely go once baby has been delivered. As per your meals, you have to reduce intake of carbohydrates (as it breaks down to sugar) and take more of protein. You can infuse Ofada Rice and wheat Rice to your meals instead of the normal Rice. Instead of yam take sweet potatoes; more of efo soko(vegetable); carrot etc.
But this one that you can't cook for now; I really don't know how you'll work out the meal plan. You can get someone to cook for you in bulk tho.
I also wasn't able to cook for almost 3months and the money spent on eating out no be for here.
In all; it shall be a supernatural delivery for us all in Jesus name, Amen.

Ejika48:
amen o my sister and I read on Google that it goes away after d birth of the baby. I pray so o. But what will I eat now ? Coz I can't cook and every food sold in Nigeria is rice rice rice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatwiny(f): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
tatacherie:

I can't stop laughing at the boldened cheesy cheesy :Dchai God is wonderful

Hahaha.
Reminds me of the video of the baby dancing one corner dance in the mum's belly at the fathers ringtone.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Bunny19:
Feb mamas dey here ooo....me, Gessucc, Messyodi and one other mama. We dey humble cheesy

Yes ooo. Thanks grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ejika48(f): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2018
Tabsy:
If it's been confirmed, it will definitely go once baby has been delivered. As per your meals, you have to reduce intake of carbohydrates (as it breaks down to sugar) and take more of protein. You can infuse Ofada Rice and wheat Rice to your meals instead of the normal Rice. Instead of yam take sweet potatoes; more of efo soko(vegetable); carrot etc.
But this one that you can't cook for now; I really don't know how you'll work out the meal plan. You can get someone to cook for you in bulk tho.
I also wasn't able to cook for almost 3months and the money spent on eating out no be for here.
In all; it shall be a supernatural delivery for us all in Jesus name, Amen.

amen my sis thank u so much. I'll tell dh to get d ofada rice asap. God will bless u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2018
joiful:
B.A

flora ex

Congrats dear, may God bless your princess. Wishing you quick recovery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
Congrats! smiley ThankbGod for smooth delivery.

Welcome cherry25 Enjoy the rest of your preggy journey. smiley
Thank you!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Giddyperson:
Medical doctor on this thread finally. Welcome aboard. Is there a reason you wanna go for elective CS?

Team December, I've started feeling kicks but hubby thinks it's all in my head, who else is with me. No bump yet, I'm hoping I can hide this belle until end of August at least but the way it's going...
CC: Adorablewifey
Thank you.My reason for opting for elective CS:I have a very low threshold for pain,so I don't see myself going through the rigours of vaginal delivery.I've delivered so many women of their babies,I've seen what they go through and I honestly don't want to do it.
NB:Even though my 1st delivery ended up being via emergency CS at 35wks+ because of severe pre-eclampsia,I was already scheduled for an elective CS at 38weeks!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
whyworryPH:

You are welcome mama. You will enjoy a smooth pregnancy for the remaining months. It's good to have another medical doctor in our midst.
Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
ayabadamilola:
Congrats to all mamas that haff born! God bless you and yours abundantly!
cherry24, welcome to team September ...the sweetest, sexiest, pengest, sugarest and the best! You're even a doctor shocked shocked Ntoor to October peepu tonguetongue, we gat a doctor!!! Zaynie and joomie coman see o, we haff doctor toooooo!
Hahaha,thank you o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
BlessedDiva:

Welcome mama, supernatural carriage for the rest of the preg journey, you are almost there.
Thank you!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divinemandate: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
Xzandy:

Me that is already eating kilishi at BlessedDiva's house....
*Coughs* abeg pass the juice grin

Chineke
no wonder, I suspected someone just rushed out as I stepped in but never knew you were the one. will catch you one day.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4480) (4481) (4482) (4483) (4484) (4485) (4486) ... (6960) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.