Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,284 members, 7,846,295 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8228164 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4495) (4496) (4497) (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:40am On Jul 12, 2018
Ayauche:

Cappo rubyzz we thank the Almighty God for his mercies on all our lives especially those of us that had fibroids. Infact team June we need special thanksgiving. Most of us were FTM and most of us had fibroids but God saw us through. We cant thank him enough.
Hope my boy is doing great mama

Thank God for everything. He is doing great and how is our brother?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:42am On Jul 12, 2018
mandysmum:
The things mothers go through to bring new life into this world... Nne,you are blessed. You will recover sooner than you think and be around longer than your enemies wish to enjoy the pains and joys of motherhood. Kisses to LO.

Team June with our drama sha.. grin grin

Amen and amen. Thank you Mama. Our special team cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:48am On Jul 12, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Wow congratulations mama you try o why did you opt for general Anastasia instead of spinal? I'm so scared of that general... Is it haemorid abi haematoma? That thick cloted blood one side post operation abi? Mehn I had same experience 7 days after operation they had to puncture a hole again for everything to come out they said if they don't, it will cause the cs site to break down open again I thank God cos all is healed now and I've even forgotten my pains. I don't even know which one is more painful between v delivery and cs women are really trying. Thank God it ended in praise for you. Kisses to baby for me smiley

My dear I jjcly assumed that it was spinal anasthesia they will use, I didn't ask before hand. They also used the old type of stitch that had to be loosed, hmmm

It's haemorrhoid, that is pile but it was swollen with blood clots and couldn't go inside so they had to cut it open to let out the bad blood, sorry tmi.

Hmmm, my dear thank God for the ability to forget, both VB and cs no woman for try am two times. I was traumatized for weeks after birth but am even forgetting details of what happened now. Thank God and thank you for your encouragement and prayers. Baby sends kisses back at you. My love to our oyibo wife

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2018
ladyP30:
God is really merciful it can only be God ,may we all be alive to share our testimonies because this your BS na confirm testimony thank God, you are healed already my greetings to the family most especially you LO

Thank you ma, am a living testimony and it can only be God. My love to your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:51am On Jul 12, 2018
bigbird:
Thank God for for your life.

Congratulations on your LO. God is indeed faithful, and he will perfect your healing.

Amen and thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2018
ayabadamilola:
That can only be God! Congrats Rubyzz, speedy recovery!

Thank you eagle Mama, waiting your supernatural delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rubyzz: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2018
Xzandy:
Q1 Can I opt for Elective CS for personal reasons ....the first delivery was ES

Q2 what causes protein in urine and how can I make it disappear grin, kindly note it's just +1 but I am working towards a very healthy pregnancy

Q3 is it normal to have a BP of 90/60 during pregnancy shocked? I wonder why it's that low undecided

Abeg Sabi mamas don't jump and pass grin

I think you can opt for elective cs, just work with your doctor. I don't know what causes protein in urine, other Mama's will chook mouth. I also had same bp as low as that but I normally don't have higher values. as long as you feel fine it's not a problem, it's not too low

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2018
comtem2011:
e no small o, e big. Na mitchyy give u mouth to dey talk now.

anyways, I comment my reserve for her. cool cool cool cool cool cool

Hehehehehe. My darling cappo. You know i'm loyal wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2018
Happychildlove:
d cold water do affect baby at birth, it gives them cold after birth,it happened to my baby had to start giving him panda cold immediately , I was just blaming my self for taking too much of cold water , moderate is d key

Taking cold water in pregnancy does not affect the baby in any way at all!

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 10:34am On Jul 12, 2018
Rubyzz:

Thank you ma, awaiting your own testimony soon

Amen and Amen!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 10:38am On Jul 12, 2018
cherry24:

Taking cold water in pregnancy does not affect the baby in any way at all!

Our doctor has spoken, me I became scared yesterday after reading about @happychildlove's baby's cold.i was like see me that was jejely drinking room temp water but all of a sudden I couldn't stomach it anymore except cold water. I started feeling for my lo.....What a sigh of relief, so we are safe? Thank God.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2018
TEAM July 2018
COS IS JULY, WE CAN FLOOD THE THREAD WITH GOOD NEWS
We can't thank God enough for the journey so far.
His mercies, guardian and protection. We say Daalį»„ Chukwu - thank you Lord!
Team July is your month already, may God almighty be with you. Safe delivery I wish y'all
We say congratulations to our latest mama sweetose , your joy shall not be ceased in Jesus name and God will continue to bless your princess.

Let's try and tidy up our rooms, hospital bags, take our prenatals, build up/maintain our blood level, be active and most importantly pray.
Hope there's no too much complain? Sorry for the body pains, swollen feet and BH, it'll surely end in praise.
Mama's that have welcomed their LO, congrats. Try and do your sitzbath religiously and also take the drugs given to you. Take vit c and fruits rich in vit c.
Please don't allow anything to bother you no matter what to avoid PPD
kareenakapur, you are still mia. Please, pop in and say hi.
LadyMessi how're you dear?

Please, let's try and respond to roll call and provide our baby's sex if not provided yet so that I can update the list. Feel free to ask questions and it'll surely end in praise.
BIRTH RECORDED IN THE MONTH OF JUNE
S/N....NAME ................. EDD................. SEX... BA/BS
1. floraec ...14/6/18 as against 4/7/18...XY... Seen
2. rolk .........19/6/18 as against 10/7/18...XY... Seen
3. Excel16...3/6/18 as against 24/7/18..XY/XY...Seen
4. Ohferanmi ....19/6/18 as against 7/7/18...XY
5. rofemiguwa ..25/6/18 against..5/7/18..XX..Seen

Porters from June
Hannydimples
JUMAYIN
DNA07

TEAM JULY 2018
DELIVERED
Name................... DD...........Sex..... Bs
1: DNA07 ......... 01/07/018..... XX.. Seen
2: VivyGift ....... 03/07/018.... XX
3: Beryl15 ......... 04/07/018....XX.... Seen
4: joiful ............ 06/07/018... XX...... Seen
5: dayosaurus .... 06/07/018..XY
6: Brownsmoothie . 06/07/018.. XY..... Seen
7: Omolaadun000 .. 06/07/018... XX
8: Hannydimples ..... 08/07/018..XY...... Seen
9: sweetose ............ 09/07/018 XX

Yet to deliver
NAME .............................. EDD ...................... SEX
1: LadyMessi ............ 09/07/018.................. XY
2: ffvsquared ............ 10/07/018.................. XX
3: Bettybeauty ........ 13/07/018 .................XX
4: creamchiccb .......15/07/018
5: Boldbabe .............15/07/018
6: Tiw78 ...................17/07/018................. XX
7: indian03 ...............18/07/018 ................ XX
8: claudine888 .........22/07/018.................XX
9: baberedefined .....23/07/018................ XY
10: veedboss ............ 23/07/018
11: preshpearl .......... 24/07/018
12: Nenis................... 24/07/018................. XY
13: Ehimeomo ..........25/07/018
14: Dabtop .............. 26/07/018................ .. XY
15: Voucher ............. 28/07/018...................XY
16: flyingangel ......... 31/07/018
17: kareenakapur
#TeamJulyforsupernaturaleverything
#Teamnoloss
#Teammotheralivebabyaliveand daddyrejoicing

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2018
@patking mama how are you and lo, trust you are all doing great? Been quite a while you popped in to say hello, I know vigilante will not let you see road sha.
Sending my love to you and yours, very soon as you prophesied(I haven't forgotten grin) I will start posting bumpy Tuesday 30, 31, 32, 35, 37, 38 just like you prayed for me. God bless you continuously kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shhladyj(f): 11:43am On Jul 12, 2018
Xzandy:

Q2 what causes protein in urine and how can I make it disappear grin, kindly note it's just +1 but I am working towards a very healthy pregnancy

Q3 is it normal to have a BP of 90/60 during pregnancy shocked? I wonder why it's that low undecided

mostly wen dai is protein in the urine, nurses always tell me to take enough water. for Q3 am i, same shoe i too want to know.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
BlessedDiva:

Our doctor has spoken, me I became scared yesterday after reading about @happychildlove's baby's cold.i was like see me that was jejely drinking room temp water but all of a sudden I couldn't stomach it anymore except cold water. I started feeling for my lo.....What a sigh of relief, so we are safe? Thank God.
Yes dear,very safe.Infact,the water isn't even cold by the time it gets to your stomach.And remember,baby is in the uterus,very separate from the stomach and intestines.It is just one of those pregnancy myths.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Xzandy:

When I was in second trimester I had +1 protein in my urine test. I was told it's normal cos it wentaway on it own. Itwas probably bcoz I hadn't been taking enough water.its very common. As long as it +1 no problem cos I never had it again and I do urine test every week. Just take enough fluids so that you won't stress your kidneys.
I had d same bp too wen I was in second trimester. I was so worried n asked my doctor about it. She was even telling to b thankful that it's very normal bcoz during last trimester d bp will keep increasing so it's probably good if it's like that now and it's not even low it's normal... Mine was around 90/50-90/60 then but now that am termed my bp is 110/70 ..so bp usually rises in d last weeks of pregnancy. Do don't worry at all just take your prenatals and lots of fluids

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
FloraEC:
TEAM July 2018
COS IS JULY, WE CAN FLOOD THE THREAD WITH GOOD NEWS
We can't thank God enough for the journey so far.
His mercies, guardian and protection. We say Daalį»„ Chukwu - thank you Lord!
Team July is your month already, may God almighty be with you. Safe delivery I wish y'all
We say congratulations to our latest mama sweetose , your joy shall not be ceased in Jesus name and God will continue to bless your princess.

Let's try and tidy up our rooms, hospital bags, take our prenatals, build up/maintain our blood level, be active and most importantly pray.
Hope there's no too much complain? Sorry for the body pains, swollen feet and BH, it'll surely end in praise.
Mama's that have welcomed their LO, congrats. Try and do your sitzbath religiously and also take the drugs given to you. Take vit c and fruits rich in vit c.
Please don't allow anything to bother you no matter what to avoid PPD
kareenakapur, you are still mia. Please, pop in and say hi.
LadyMessi how're you dear?

Please, let's try and respond to roll call and provide our baby's sex if not provided yet so that I can update the list. Feel free to ask questions and it'll surely end in praise.
BIRTH RECORDED IN THE MONTH OF JUNE
S/N....NAME ................. EDD................. SEX... BA/BS
1. floraec ...14/6/18 as against 4/7/18...XY... Seen
2. rolk .........19/6/18 as against 10/7/18...XY... Seen
3. Excel16...3/6/18 as against 24/7/18..XY/XY...Seen
4. Ohferanmi ....19/6/18 as against 7/7/18...XY
5. rofemiguwa ..25/6/18 against..5/7/18..XX..Seen

Porters from June
Hannydimples
JUMAYIN
DNA07

TEAM JULY 2018
DELIVERED
Name................... DD...........Sex..... Bs
1: DNA07 ......... 01/07/018..... XX.. Seen
2: VivyGift ....... 03/07/018.... XX
3: Beryl15 ......... 04/07/018....XX.... Seen
4: joiful ............ 06/07/018... XX...... Seen
5: dayosaurus .... 06/07/018..XY
6: Brownsmoothie . 06/07/018.. XY..... Seen
7: Omolaadun000 .. 06/07/018... XX
8: Hannydimples ..... 08/07/018..XY...... Seen
9: sweetose ............ 09/07/018 XX

Yet to deliver
NAME .............................. EDD ...................... SEX
1: LadyMessi ............ 09/07/018.................. XY
2: ffvsquared ............ 10/07/018.................. XX
3: Bettybeauty ........ 13/07/018 .................XX
4: creamchiccb .......15/07/018
5: Boldbabe .............15/07/018
6: Tiw78 ...................17/07/018................. XX
7: indian03 ...............18/07/018 ................ XX
8: claudine888 .........22/07/018.................XX
9: baberedefined .....23/07/018................ XY
10: veedboss ............ 23/07/018
11: preshpearl .......... 24/07/018
12: Nenis................... 24/07/018................. XY
13: Ehimeomo ..........25/07/018
14: Dabtop .............. 26/07/018................ .. XY
15: Voucher ............. 28/07/018...................XY
16: flyingangel ......... 31/07/018
17: kareenakapur
#TeamJulyforsupernaturaleverything
#Teamnoloss
#Teammotheralivebabyaliveand daddyrejoicing
Present cappo.... I guess we are doing fine

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
Implications of Not Taking Folic Acid During Pregnancy!

#folicacidinpregnancy

"You should take Folic Acid pre and post pregnancy. Babies whose mothers do not take Folic acid are at risk of having a condition known as Spina Bifida. Where the Spina cord is poorly formed and the baby has associated neurological problems. An illustration is shown in this photo."

By Dr Obyno Chiedozie

Source: AsktheGynaecologist on fb

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
Xzandy:

1)Yes,you can opt for an elective CS if that is your wish though if all is favourable for a vaginal delivery,the doctors and nurses may try to make you see it as the better option,nobody will insist if you don't want to(I believe you have your reasons)
2)What causes protein in urine?A lot of things:Certain drugs,infections,disease conditions eg Hypertension,pre-eclampsia/eclampsia,diabetes, amyloidosis etc.
Generally,a healthy kidney does not allow a significant amount of protein to leak through while filtering urine.Any quantity detected on routine urine test(+,2+,3+)shows that there is a degree of damage to the kidneys,or in some cases,that there is overproduction of proteins by the body.
In your case,you are pregnant,one will think of pre-eclampsia,but then,if your BP is within normal range,there is no need to panic yet.Routine/regular checkups/BP checks,urine tests etc is what you need now.Your doctor might also want to do a kidney function test,or he might want to keep monitoring you.Just take a lot of fluids(water),minimise your salt intake,take only your antenatal drugs/drugs prescribed by your doctor(no agbo or herbal concoctions,they damage the kidneys),and listen to your doctor!You will be fine
3)In pregnancy,your BP generally drops due to the effect of certain hormones on your blood vessels.These hormones cause the blood vessels to dilate,thus lowering the pressure at which your blood flows.So yes,a BP of 90/60mmHg can be normal in pregnancy.
After delivery,it will get back to the normal non-pregnant range

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Double post,sorry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
Rubyzz:
MY BIRTH STORY
Pregnancy period
I conceived miraculously after 2.9yrs of ttc after so many tests, drugs, hospital visits, spending money etc. I had multiple fibroids and was told to do a surgery, i took in unexpectedly the month i was scheduled to do the surgery. The pregnancy period was very challenging for me, at 6 weeks i had high malaria from then onwards one issue or the other. MS was all day sickness for me and no remedy worked for me. i went days without food cos anything i taste must come out even water, i was being rushed to the hospital almost every week to take drip cos of extreme weakness, i could hardly stand without being supported. I lived on A.vomine every 5am bf anything enters my mouth, then i could now eat one plain eko/agidi and cold water for the day. I also took alot of youghurt.

your life is a testimony, congrats ma.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Hmnn was it immediately after delivery your baby was affected or after spending some days on earth? Are you sure its cos of the cold water you drank? I'm yet to see any effect on my baby though. Well different strokes for different folks. It is well smiley
I think she is right, because a friend of mine had same experience. His baby's came to the world with catarrh and the nurses asked her if she took too much ice water when she was pregnant, though her own na excess cos na ice block she dey chop.

We usually feel the coldness when we drink cold water.

Then, if you notice it when u were pregnant, whenever ur baby is sleeping, immediately you take cold water, the baby will turn in the belly, that's to say they feel the coolness.

But cold water dey sweet body sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Hmnn thank God it was successful. Women are the strongest being on earth. cheesy
You can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
mitchyy:

Hehehehehe. My darling cappo. You know i'm loyal wink
Don't worry, Either July or August o, na we get our princess. FloraEc can claim you, I no send again.

June mamas don help me with her case.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
cherry24:

Yes dear,very safe.Infact,the water isn't even cold by the time it gets to your stomach.And remember,baby is in the uterus,very separate from the stomach and intestines.It is just one of those pregnancy myths.
Oh, I see. But why is it that some babies come with running nose?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
indian03:
Present cappo.... I guess we are doing fine
Good to hear from you dear. It'll surely end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2018
MumIbeji:
Implications of NOT Taking Folic Acid During Pregnancy!

#folicacidinpregnancy

Source: AsktheGynaecologist on fb
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2018
comtem2011:
Don't worry, Either July or August o, na we get our princess. FloraEc can claim you, I no send again.

June mamas don help me with her case.

Shebi you're now calling me now. I'm on my own ooo. Mmmhhhhh

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
[quote author=FloraEC post=69309674][/quote]
Thanks for the correction ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
Thanks so so much to all the mamas who answered my questions. smiley

I wish us all happy bumping and safe delivery when we are full term.

Team November has anybody checked baby's sex yet?
My doc is saying at 6 months angry let me know whether to disturb him by my next Antenatal.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
During VD when the doc/nurse tear down there will they first inject anaesthesia or they just tear?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherry24: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
Xzandy:
During VD when the doc/nurse tear down there will they first inject anaesthesia or they just tear?
Local anaesthesia is only given when it is time to suture the tear.The tear(whether spontaneous or given by the doctor/midwife) usually occurs at the peak/climax of pushing/labor pain,so it is not usually felt

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4495) (4496) (4497) (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: morike94(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.