Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4939) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8124930 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4936) (4937) (4938) (4939) (4940) (4941) (4942) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumibaby(f): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
Congratulations
Naomi1990:
BS! BS!!

Let me start by giving God all the glory concerning this pregnancy and even during delivery. I was scared of giving birth again after my vagina tearing during my first son's delivery but families and friends won't let me rest and I decided to try it again. My first trimester was actually cool except for the excess salivation and it last for about 16weeks.. At 20weeks I started having backaches and I went for scanning everything was OK and baby was head down. Fast forward to 30weeks, I started having mild cramps and backaches frequently and I started managing myself, I stopped long walks and minimized stress but I didn't stop the bedroom duties o...lol...then i knew I'll be having this baby early and Feb cappo rebluk added my name to feb mamas.At 37weeks that was on the 12/02 after coming back from the antenatal I decided to prepare dinner and immediately after cooking I noticed strong cramps and backaches and I decided to rest but it won't subside so I called my husband and i started arranging my baby's cupboard. I did that till I got tired of it and we went to d hospital. I was checked and I was just 2cm...I was disappointed and I went back home. I thought the contractions will get stronger but it didn't and I slept all through the night. On the 13th, I decided to take a long walk since I wasn't having any contractions anymore. I trekked with my husband for almost 2hours on getting home I checked my pant and I saw a little mucus stain and blood...I waited till 8pm before going to the hospital. I was checked again and it was 3cm. At this point I was getting worried why I'm not feeling contractions and I'm dilating slowing but I was calm because the nurse checked my baby's breath and he was breathing well. The nurse wanted me to stay back but I refused since I wasn't feeling any pains. At this point,we've decided to leave my hospital bag inside the car in order not to alert the neighbors. On the 14th which is on Val's day my younger sister came to pick my son and hubby wanted us to have a good time alone but I was like let us branch the clinic first then we'll go have fun from there. On reaching there, I saw the doctor and he said he will check me...chaii...I was disappointed o..upon my dressing and tight trouser naso I comot everything o...after checking doctor said he'll admit me! that was how my val was ruined. The doctor came to my ward some minutes after and inserted a drug(misoprostol) to induce me. Few hours later, I was shouting, it was so painful more than a normal contractions. I laboured for 7hours and suddenly I started feeling the urge to push which I couldn't control the baby was just coming out by himself o...before I know what's happening my baby's head was out and the nurse helped with his body. I gave birth to my 3.5kg baby without tear. That was how I did my val in the hospital and God gave me an amazing gift on Val's day! A handsome baby boy named Love! Safe delivery to the remaining mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rabluk(f): 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
gegyna:
Febuary mamas hope we are doing great. Other waddling mamas i pray you deliver with ease.

Sorry i have not dropped my bs. My baby is still at neonatal unit. This is the most trying times of my life. Its so traumatic for me seeing my baby on oxygen. I promise to drop my bs as soon as we leave the hospital. Pls mamas continue to pray for us.

Cc rabluk
February mamas, Its so sad to announce she lost the baby. Mama gegyna, i can't say i understand how u feel, but please take heart and trust God. He will visit u n wipe ur tears. It's sad. But please stay strong. You're in our prayers.
mamas... pls put her in prayers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
Oooooh....... Lord this is so painful after the whole stress of pregnancy sad Heavenly father please stay with your daughter gegyna and wipe away her tears with tripple blessings there shall be no more losses ijn the strength and grace to carry to full term shall sprinkle on all mama's on this thread and has many that are trusting you for fruit of the baby shall receive their testimony this year ijn
Please stay strong mama gegyna my prayers are with you

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaTripleJ: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
So sorry for the loss ma'am. You shall not cast your young anymore neither any of the mamas here.

[quote author=gegyna post=75982967]Febuary mamas hope we are doing great. Other waddling mamas i pray you deliver with ease.

Sorry i have not dropped my bs. My baby is still at neonatal unit. This is the most trying times of my life. Its so traumatic for me seeing my baby on oxygen. I promise to drop my bs as soon as we leave the hospital. Pls mamas continue to pray for us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaTripleJ: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
Congrats ma'am

AmJane:
BS
I had a stress free preganancy after severe morning sickness in the first trimester that lasted till the 17th week. Fast forward to week 37, I was already tired of being pregnant. I climbed stairs, danced, took long walks, kpekused and tried other means of inducing labour naturally but baby refused to show. My edd came and gone and still nothing happened. During my doctor's appointment on 31st jan, 3 days after my edd, I was booked for induction on 6th feb.
Fast forward to 1st Feb around 9pm, I started having painful but bearable contractions every 8-10 mins lasting for about 40 secs. Around 4am when the pain was becoming unbearable, I informed hubby and we headed to the hospital. The nurses on duty in the labour ward checked me on arrival and I was 3cm dilated. With the kind of pain I was feeling, I thought that I would be not less than 6cm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaTripleJ: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
Congratulations

Naomi1990:
BS! BS!!

Let me start by giving God all the glory concerning this pregnancy and even during delivery. I was scared of giving birth again after my vagina tearing during my first son's delivery but families and friends won't let me rest and I decided to try it again. My first trimester was actually cool except for the excess salivation and it last for about 16weeks..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2019
faithlucky:
Am having Cramps too, waist cramps is so uncomfortable. What shud i do?
Am new here
Try to relax and sip on water. Sometimes I walk around d room or kneel down. Kpele
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
Astilo:
Mamas I went for antenatal today and they discovered protein in my urine and my BP was normal. ..some mamas must have experienced it. .please what did you do?
Wat did u eat before going to hospital?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2019
faithlucky:
Am team May
Wow! Welcm sis
Wats ur EDD and gender of your baby?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Oh gygna, I was expecting your bs not this but God knows best. It's sad and painful, may the Lord be with you and comfort you.
A prayer to the Angel

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
@gygnae it is well with ur soul, be strong dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
@gegyna may God alone comfort you and family at this time
May he calm this storm and give you peace IJN Amen! Its well with you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
gegyna, make God console and comfort u and ur family. It's well with u dear sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dbeauty(f): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2019
Dear gegyna, I don't know what to say. May the Peace of the Lord be with you. It is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chili89: 10:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
Mama gegyna, e-hugs to you dear. I'm so sorry for your loss dear, may God give you triple for your trouble ijn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 10:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
gegyna,may Jah comfort you and your family and give you unexpected blessings.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
gegyna, indeed God knows best. This is so sad. Pls take heart.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Astilo(f): 12:15am On Feb 26, 2019
Rbae:

I experienced it in my 1at trimester /2nd trimester but now I have just 1% left. Drink water, water, water and water. Add watermelon, orange and cucumber to ur diet.
am in my third trimester. .thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 12:16am On Feb 26, 2019
That was how everything I typed wiped out.

BS cont'd
The Doctor on call checked again around 7am and I was still 3cm dilated and the contractions were still coming at regular intervals. I was admitted in the antenatal ward. I was checked again around 12noon and it was still same story, 3cm! And gradually, the contractions were becoming irregular and the pains subsiding until I could not feel any of it again. That was how I spent 4days in the hospital. Painful contractions will hit me consistently throughout the night and in the morning, everything will disappear and I was not progressing past 3cm. On 5th feb, I was already tired of the various sizes and shapes of hands doing VE on me plus the pains . I and hubby were contemplating CS and we requested to see my consultant. He eventually came that morning and we told him our resolve. He advised me to give myself more time and inserted 50mcg of misoprostol into my va_gi-na that morning around 10:30am before he left. A VE was done 3hours later and I was 5cm dilated (praise the Lord).
I was transfered to the labour ward and my membrane was ruptured. That was when the real labour pains started. The wicked and painful contractions were hitting me back to back, coming every 2-3mins. Hubby was with me in the delivery suit and would rub my back as the contractions come while I breathe through my mouth. This really helped in relieving the pains. 20mins later after my membrane was ruptured, I was having the urge to poo and the baby was pushing me seriously from within. The nurse was called and on VE, she said I was 8cm gone. As she was removing her hand, a large amount of clothed blood came out and I started bleeding. Everybody was confused as no one knows where the bleeding was coming from. They were suspecting the placenta but my last scan said its position is posterior-fundal. Another VE was not an option as anything could go wrong and so, they contacted the theatre to be ready and arrangements were being made to move me to the theatre to save mother and baby. There was commotion everywhere and I was praying to God bot to allow me lose my life nor that of the baby. With the next two contractions, I felt the head of my baby at my vulva. Hubby confirmed it and rushed out to call the nurse. Before the nurse could come, I was already pushing because the urge was unbearable but my baby's head refused to come out. The nurse asked me to stop and when she checked, it was discovered that there was a tight cord round my baby's neck to the point of strangulating her. She cut the the cord and with the next push, my beautiful princess came out but she was weak and was taken out immediately for resuscitation. The placenta came out almost immediately. Everything was put under control and baby brought to me after being stabilized. That was how my princess was born on 5th Feb at 41wks +3days weighing 3.2kg with no tear.
I really thank God for proving himself faithful and not allowing me to labour in vain. Here is wishing the remaining mamas a safe and easy delivery. Ttc mama, you will surely testify this year in Jesus name, Amen.
BS submitted
Cc ma'am rabluk and Besea .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Astilo(f): 12:18am On Feb 26, 2019
miraclefromGod:

Eat those small small garden egg the green one alot and drink lots of water they won't find it there again
thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Astilo(f): 12:31am On Feb 26, 2019
sunbestie:

Wat did u eat before going to hospital?
nothing ma..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyamefa: 12:52am On Feb 26, 2019
@gegyna so sorry for your loss, can’t imagine what you’re going through. May the lord comfort you, amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oluwaleokey: 2:36am On Feb 26, 2019
@gegyna... pray for divine visitation with joy unspeakable shall you expierence soonest.

Congrats to the BA/BS Mamas... God keep and protect your LOs

Meanwhile Sabi mamas..are their disadvantages of not checking your babies sex/gender. Have seen movies & heard stories of baby swaps...
Hubby said hes not keen in checking babies gender; anything way God give us, he will gladly, joyfully & gratefully accepts although i concur o but my mind dey reason those mike adenuga productions �

I be FTM
Make una choke mouth abeg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 6:41am On Feb 26, 2019
sunbestie:

Wow! Welcm sis
Wats ur EDD and gender of your baby?
I have different edd but i will hold on to my first edd which is 23rd may

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 6:44am On Feb 26, 2019
sunbestie:

Try to relax and sip on water. Sometimes I walk around d room or kneel down. Kpele
I will do just that, thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:50am On Feb 26, 2019
@ gegyna, I can't imagine how heartbroken you and family are right now I pray that him who mends broken hearts fix you up and comfort you. Amen.

May The Lord give you double for your troubles. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 6:53am On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=oluwaleokey post=

Meanwhile Sabi mamas..are their disadvantages of not checking your babies sex/gender. Have seen movies & heard stories of baby swaps...
Hubby said hes not keen in checking babies gender; anything way God give us, he will gladly, joyfully & gratefully accepts although i concur o but my mind dey reason those mike adenuga productions �

I be FTM
Make una choke mouth abeg[/quote]

You can have hubby or sister, mom, friend to be in the favour room with you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by majestique(f): 7:05am On Feb 26, 2019
congrats to all the mamas that have put to bed.

@gegyna so sad to hear about your loss. May God console and comfort you and bless you double ijn.

@ Feb mama's, am I the only one remaining as in I'm already tired ooo. I pray this baby comes this week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumibaby(f): 7:11am On Feb 26, 2019
@ Gegyna, its very painful but our God in heaven console you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumben(f): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2019
@ gegyna, May God console u and give u d fortitude to bear d loss.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:53am On Feb 26, 2019
faithlucky:
I have different edd but i will hold on to my first edd which is 23rd may
I will advice u stick with ur LMP date or ur first scan date...
But I will update this... U never check baby sex?
Welcm teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pojomojo: 8:06am On Feb 26, 2019
If you're pregnant at 30 weeks and above, or in your third trimester

Don't take drugs like
Ibuprofen
Diclofenac
Piroxicam etc
(These group of drugs are known as NSAIDs) They can affect your unborn baby's heart and lead to heart failure of the baby or even death

Please share

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (4936) (4937) (4938) (4939) (4940) (4941) (4942) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.