Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8177705 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5121) (5122) (5123) (5124) (5125) (5126) (5127) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2019
amorprincesa:
Cappo kiss we dey fine. I never still shop anything. I need to pack hospital bag latest next week. It's just doing me as if August is still far. Like play like play this is July.

Ok, I dey look u with my oju yobo eyes oooo. U never hear say plenty August mama dey port enter July, even me wey be au cappo ported to July. Am sure you don't want those wicked nurse to wrap baby with bed spread.

Oya carry ur bmbum now and enter market or call Zaynie and order from Nana baby essentials

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
amorprincesa:
Cappo kiss we dey fine. I never still shop anything. I need to pack hospital bag latest next week. It's just doing me as if August is still far. Like play like play this is July.

Please oooo go and shop for baby items not even you that is Aug 2 and most likely port to July
When are you starting your leave sef?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DNA07: 4:04am On Jul 03, 2019
Thanks mama kiss
Happy birthday to all our July babies ❤️❤️❤️
oluwaleokey:

I love creativity & innovations
Make this no attract me port July abeg o

Mamas make una chook mouth for my matter

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 5:03am On Jul 03, 2019
Gloriousheart:

One mama advised you not to lift your head up after the surgery when you were asking for tips for surgery. Lifting your head up day of and even day after causes intense severe sometimes lasting headache. Your doctors or nurses should have also told you. Sorry we mamas here didn't emphasize it enough or you didn't see the one who did. Pele my sister. Maybe you could tell your doctor about the headache so they can prescribe something strong. Then rest a lot. Don't lift your head again for now. You can turn it from side to side. Would have posted this since yesterday but I was banned.
I lay down for 2days straight with out lifting up my head even my doctor told me that,and I was monitored I only turned side to side but I was later told that is the effect of the injection when I was complaining about the neck pain with headach, I don't think I have done anything wrong
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gloriousheart(f): 7:06am On Jul 03, 2019
ultimatebunmi1:
I lay down for 2days straight with out lifting up my head even my doctor told me that,and I was monitored I only turned side to side but I was later told that is the effect of the injection when I was complaining about the neck pain with headach, I don't think I have done anything wrong
Aawww. My sincere apologies then if I made you feel you didn't do enough. Sorry. Was just trying to look at the possible cause and solutions. Sorry. Take care of you.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 7:38am On Jul 03, 2019
talltosyne:

Am sure you don't want those wicked nurse to wrap baby with bed spread

Hahahhahaah, this got me laughing mehn grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 8:27am On Jul 03, 2019
Jesu cheesy Thats all the encouragement I need
talltosyne:

Ok, I dey look u with my oju yobo eyes oooo. U never hear say plenty August mama dey port enter July, even me wey be au cappo ported to July. Am sure you don't want those wicked nurse to wrap baby with bed spread.

Oya carry ur bmbum now and enter market or call Zaynie and order from Nana baby essentials
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by amorprincesa: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2019
Latest 25th lemme don't goan born in the office. I would have taken it now sha cos am feeling so heavy but the area where I stay is so boring. Don't think I can stay that long at home before baby comes.
motic2:

Please oooo go and shop for baby items not even you that is Aug 2 and most likely port to July
When are you starting your leave sef?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LMay(f): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2019
Anonymous29:

Chewing of gum has been helping me. I chew all day.

Haaaaa it worsened it for me. I pray it works for OP

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2019
amorprincesa:
Latest 25th lemme don't goan born in the office. I would have taken it now sha cos am feeling so heavy but the area where I stay is so boring. Don't think I can stay that long at home before baby comes.

Oooooooh....ok all the best teamie smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2019
ultimatebunmi1:
Pele, these injections just have different reactions on different people. Rest rest rest very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Redberyl:
Good morning mamas. Pls is there anything I can take to reduce spitting. I am spitting non stop, my throat is now dry.I wonder if any fluid is left in me cos I have been spitting a lot. I am just so tired of it. I am 12 weeks gone.

Tigernuts helped me.
I always had lots handy everywhere.
I chew in bits which helps me swallow without having to throw up.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Lemonadewifey:

Hahahaha @teachers that don't collect salary. It'll end in praise for us all. No pains though as of today only my ribs part which hurts even when I touch it. Dunno why all this pains are coming now o

It’s all part of the package..

Pray we all deliver with ease

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2019
chloe00:
Good evening mama’s please I need help to ease nasal congestion a bit, I’ve tried the possible tips I know like a warm bath, using hot balm, drinking warm water and co but my nose is blocked . I’ve stopped using fan or a/c. Please any tips that’ll help me is appreciated , the Claritin I took given by the obgyn isn’t helping at all I didn’t even see the work to be honest. I wanted to purchase saline nasal spray but the one I found isn’t fine for hypertensive patients and that’s another condition I’m managing in this pregnancy so I’m literally stuck.

Sorry sis, have you done steam inhalation( pour hot water in a bucket with balm and cover your self with blanket or wrapper then massage your nose and chest afterwards.. you can use shea butter too..

Take lots of water , vitamin c and rest well.. it’s a viral infection , it will take it follow it course..

Sorry sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
kaffy4bill:

Sorry sis, have you done steam inhalation( pour hot water in a bucket with balm and cover your self with blanket or wrapper then massage your nose and chest afterwards.. you can use shea butter too..

Take lots of water , vitamin c and rest well.. it’s a viral infection , it will take it follow it course..

Sorry sis
Thank you very much I’ll try this out kiss

I’m tired o this catarrh is flogging me, usually I have catarrh throughout my pregnancy but this one suddenly aggravated three days ago and I’ve not even been able to go to work for two days now because my head is tight and I can’t even function properly, God save me oooooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Please mummys that reside in Lagos, I need white zobo leaves, who can refer me to where I can get it in Lagos ?
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hansie63(f): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2019
Good day mummies, since I started following the thread, I've learnt a lot. Pls September cappo add me. EDD:26th Sept, sex: pink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2019
Im in the same situation as you but my baby is 5months. Did you confirm if its neg yet? Im silently praying mine is malaria oooo hmm

Parkiz:

thanks so much mama
I'm gradually feeling much better
u make the whole thing look easy n interesting. but in reality na real work e go be ooo
people go just dey insult person up n down " I trust Nigerians for that".
I appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Parkiz(f): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
Messyodi:
Im in the same situation as you but my baby is 5months. Did you confirm if its neg yet? Im silently praying mine is malaria oooo hmm

my sister I tell you, it's not easy at all
yesterday u needed to see how I was tossing up n down unable to sleep. I was just attributing every thing that happens to be preg. symtm.

I went to the hospital today sha
doc said it is most unlikely
that I should go n do pt

n it came back negative

I don't even know if I should Kuku go for the fp as its unhealthy to keep being this apprehensive.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MzEmeritus: 6:28am On Jul 04, 2019
motic2:

Congratulations welcome princess

Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MzEmeritus: 6:32am On Jul 04, 2019
Foxie:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

I can't thank God enough, we welcomed our Princess yesterday, the 23rd of June. God is forever faithful. Join me praise God.

Congratulations teamie.... So I have a birthday mate.... Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anonymous29: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2019
LMay:

Haaaaa it worsened it for me. I pray it works for OP

Eh yah... It works for me. I pray too
What worked for you ma?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LMay(f): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2019
Anonymous29:

Eh yah... It works for me. I pray too
What worked for you ma?

Hmmm ... because I was vomiting and very sick and could not cope with work, I had to take Doxylamine Succinate and Vit B6 every night.

It suppresses all my symptoms during the day including the hypersalivation. The only down side is it makes me sleepy. And that's why I take it at night before bed.

Then at 15 weeks, my morning sickness gradually came to a halt and I no longer take the drug.

Though I still vomit like once a week now. But no spitting again. Which is manageable.

Doxylamine succinate and Pyridoxine (Vit B6) is the safest in pregnancy for treatment of morning sickness or hyperemesis gravidarum.

It's a category A drug.

However, it's not common in Nigeria and so doctors resort to prescribing Promethazine (which is Avomine). Promethazine is a category B drug.

Promethazine Tab didn't work for me, so I switched to Doxylamine. I didn't try Promethazine Injection because it would not be sustainable for me as I was so sick and would need it daily.

Choi, see epistle.

I just hope this will be helpful to mamas still battling MS and upcoming mamas in the future.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MzEmeritus: 8:53am On Jul 04, 2019
damibaby:

I remember when i was given d drug... didn't know it makes one sleep..thats how i slept from morning till evening angry grin

It took long before I realized it makes one sleep too... Hubby was there yabbing Me dt I can even sleep on water self lol.... The sleep part was just so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MzEmeritus: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2019
jazzyjazz:

Honestly in my first pregnancy, my doctor gave it to me and didnt tell me the side effects. I was alone. Thank God I wasnt driving then. Took a cab, got home and felt like someone drugged me. A friend came to visit me that day, she was gisting and all and I didnt hear a word she said. Till she left my house sef, I didnt know. All i know is I kept apologising that i am unresponsive. Lol.

Lol this was so me esp when hubby will narrate his whole day and expect response and realize I didn't even hear a thing
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pratap44: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2019
TiffanyJ:

Good evening mamas, I asked this question and no one answered me. Please, I need help from experienced mothers

Dr. Poonam Agarwal is a Gynaecologist in Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Book Appointment, Consult Online, View Doctor Fees, Contact Number, Patients Reviews and Ratings for Dr. Poonam Agarwal Click to know more- https://www.lybrate.com/delhi/doctor/dr-poonam-agarwal-gynaecologist
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotmomma(f): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2019
motic2:
TEAM AUGUST ROLL CALL FOR MONTH OF JULY

Happy new month teamies how is the waddling?

Hi cappo, little wonder I don't always get roll call mentions, guess caps ish.
"How is you"
Here, we are fine and patiently counting down. Cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by motic2(f): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
hotmomma:

Hi cappo, little wonder I don't always get roll call mentions, guess caps ish.
"How is you"
Here, we are fine and patiently counting down. Cheers

So sorry teamie it was types with first alphabets in caps
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2019
Kpele, i can totally relate. Mine is negative as well. But i will still not do the FP. The risks are too high as far as im concerned.

Parkiz:

my sister I tell you, it's not easy at all
yesterday u needed to see how I was tossing up n down unable to sleep. I was just attributing every thing that happens to be preg. symtm.

I went to the hospital today sha
doc said it is most unlikely
that I should go n do pt

n it came back negative

I don't even know if I should Kuku go for the fp as its unhealthy to keep being this apprehensive.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
Don't sha vex if next time people laugh at you

Congrats grin

Messyodi:
Kpele, i can totally relate. Mine is negative as well. But i will still not do the FP. The risks are too high as far as im concerned.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Shinningstar201: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
Messyodi:

Like seriously!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Foxie: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
MzEmeritus:

Congratulations teamie.... So I have a birthday mate.... Lol
Thank you Ma. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5121) (5122) (5123) (5124) (5125) (5126) (5127) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.